• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

DR2K

Banned
how can you let the AI play the multiverse fights?

I hate that nothing gets explained in this game

Go to customization and set you ai loadout to rushdown and combo on high. Give it the best armor possible.

On any character select screen press square and choose the ai loadout to fight for you

What do you mean? Is there an easy way to get shaders using AI Battle Siulator that I don't know of..?

Once you get your 5 gold boxes from the Battle Simulator you can delete the battles from the log and earn the boxes again. The only thing is the boxes will always give the same loot so if you happen to get a shader or hero card item in one of the boxes you can keep getting different ones each time.

Oh nice. Glad to see it works.

I'm doing it right now but so far I've gotten a different shader and hero card item every time. Haven't seen an ability pop up in place of the shader yet but I'm still working on it.

Edit: Although it seems to only be giving me Swamp Thing shaders. Not sure what will happen when I run out of those.

AdaWong

Once you get your 5 gold boxes from the Battle Simulator you can delete the battles from the log and earn the boxes again. The only thing is the boxes will always give the same loot so if you happen to get a shader or hero card item in one of the boxes you can keep getting different ones each time.

oh shit. let me try that. Thanks!

eizarus

Banned
I just had a match against Swamp Thing in the guild Multiverse. First time round, I went as Supes, and then GL. Each time, half my attacks weren't connecting during the middle of a string (e.g. Supes 223 or 111). Swamp Thing kept recovering during those and laying the smack down on me.

Is this a bug? It feels like one and it made me rage quit :(

Could someone confirm me for guild 7? I didn't get a response the other day so I just submitted another application.

Or is there a different one with more openings I should be applying to?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I just had a match against Swamp Thing in the guild Multiverse. First time round, I went as Supes, and then GL. Each time, half my attacks weren't connecting during the middle of a string (e.g. Supes 223 or 111). Swamp Thing kept recovering during those and laying the smack down on me.

Is this a bug? It feels like one and it made me rage quit :(

Sounds like you had the "No Combos" modifier

Permanently A

how to delete battles from log please?

Razmos

Got all 3 of these today from Diamond boxes
DBBew9rXUAAF1qK

Just before a guaranteed epic set of Wonder Woman gear was added to the game lol

Ryce

Do you guys think Red Hood will be designated as a hero or villain for gear augments and Multiverse events? Keep in mind that Robin is considered a hero and Catwoman and Harley Quinn are considered villains.

Does anyone know any of the long combos for Scarecrow at all? So far I've got:

B+2 2 1, db1mb, b3, jump in 2, (f2 1 3) or (f2 1, bf1mb)

And a few variations on that with the basic combos switched.

Is there anything longer that is possible to pull off? Trying to get the long stuff down in muscle memory.

P.S. Sorry about the notation, don't really know how it's supposed to be written properly. Didn't know how to notate special cancels, but I feel people will know where the cancels are.

Also, doesn't seem Scarecrow is that popular. Do people just not like him or is he just overlooked?

norm9

Bought this for my little niece and we're having a pretty good time with it.

I wonder from youall, how do you go about deciding what character to choose? Is it the character that you like or The attacks of a character that helps you decide? We just switch characters every match and button mash since neither of us has a go-to hero. It kinda works.

Arcteryx

Can confirm the AI battle dupe will grant you new abilities too (remembered my last group of boxes had an ability and a background...just gonna farm these for all characters now)

Does anyone know any of the long combos for Scarecrow at all? So far I've got:

B+2 2 1, db1mb, b3, jump in 2, (f2 1 3) or (f2 1, bf1mb)

And a few variations on that with the basic combos switched.

Is there anything longer that is possible to pull off? Trying to get the long stuff down in muscle memory.

P.S. Sorry about the notation, don't really know how it's supposed to be written properly. Didn't know how to notate special cancels, but I feel people will know where the cancels are.

Also, doesn't seem Scarecrow is that popular. Do people just not like him or is he just overlooked?

The combo you're doing does more damage with the command grab ender. But my execution for command grabs mid combo is garbage so I don't do them myself.

I think he's unpopular because he's kind of bad. Maybe its just me crying about my main but floaty jump, slow walk speed, slow dash speed even when MBed, no reversal, gaps in his strings(getting hit by a MB back 3 mid string feels absolutely terrible), not great mixups, and from what I can tell basically no way around zoners at all, I don't see what makes him stand up to characters like Black Adam, Deadshot, Superman, Supergirl etc. I tend to rely too much on MB back 3/forward 3 for all my options.

Took a level 6 Deadshot and made him level 11 after a 27 win streak in endless. Came at the right time as I was getting tired and was ready for bed at that stage.

Had close calls throughout (Dr Fate and Deadshot were tao others that got me down to the red bar stage), but Black Canary did me in. It was close, but she did her super move which robbed me of my entire health bar that was just under 50%.

Alright so after it ran out of Swamp Thing shaders to give me the next two rounds it gave me Swamp Thing abilities. No clue what will happen after it runs out of those to give me but it's definitely tied down to one character. Leaving for work soon but I'll try to test it out a bit more tonight and see what happens.

Still getting tons of new hero card stuff though. Getting 3 every 5 boxes so it's adding up quickly.

Razmos

Can confirm the AI battle dupe will grant you new abilities too (remembered my last group of boxes had an ability and a background...just gonna farm these for all characters now)
Alright so after it ran out of Swamp Thing shaders to give me the next two rounds it gave me Swamp Thing abilities. No clue what will happen after it runs out of those to give me but it's definitely tied down to one character. Leaving for work soon but I'll try to test it out a bit more tonight and see what happens.

Still getting tons of new hexcellently and ero card stuff though. Getting 3 every 5 boxes so it's adding up quickly.

Ooh excellent. Glad I was right :D

Still getting tons of new hero card stuff though. Getting 3 every 5 boxes so it's adding up quickly.

Sounds like a much easier means of obtaining the Cat Fight trophy that playing the RNG.

The combo you're doing does more damage with the command grab ender. But my execution for command grabs mid combo is garbage so I don't do them myself.

I think he's unpopular because he's kind of bad. Maybe its just me crying about my main but floaty jump, slow walk speed, slow dash speed even when MBed, no reversal, gaps in his strings(getting hit by a MB back 3 mid string feels absolutely terrible), not great mixups, and from what I can tell basically no way around zoners at all, I don't see what makes him stand up to characters like Black Adam, Deadshot, Superman, Supergirl etc. I tend to rely too much on MB back 3/forward 3 for all my options.
Yeah, I suck at the command grab so I try to avoid using it until I can get it down properly. Just wanted to make sure that there wasn't any extra steps I could be adding to it.
I don't play enough fighting games to be able to tell who's bad or not, but in this thread there's been bitching about both OP characters and bad characters but Scarecrow isn't spoken about in either camp. Like, may as well not exist.
To be fair though, I really like his playstyle. Mid range but without projectile spam. Doesn't feel dirty.
BTW, what's a reversal? As I said, don't play fighting games so don't quite know all the vocabulary.

Sigmaah

It doesn't feel smooth when I try to go for strings, combos, etc. I get them out but it just feels like lag without lag.

I've always had this complaint with nrs games, mkx was the smoothest game from nrs imo and I thought this game was gonna be smooth af too but nope.

Clunk clunk clunk...

Input the follow up to a jump in as the jump in lands, don't try to hit confirm and then do the follow up like street fighter/most games.

Sounds like a much easier means of obtaining the Cat Fight trophy that playing the RNG.

Yeah, you just have to hope you land a Catwoman shader or ability in one of your 5 daily boxes. If you do that then you can get everything for her with a little bit of grinding.

I'm not sure if it'll jump to another character after I finish unlocking everything for Swamp Thing but I plan on finding out tonight.

Sigmaah

And also, if you thought wake ups were od in sf...

HA U THOUGHT WRONG

It could be cause I'm playing scarecrow and he might have that sluggish type to him but I try to go for strings and they don't come out or I get something else way more than any other game.

And talk about not being able to punish shit cause the block stun is clunky af.

Alright, guess I made it through all of Swamp Thing's shaders and abilities. It changed that slot to just a common Swamp Thing weapon.

So essentially it looks like if you roll a shader/ability in your daily AI Simulator boxes then you can get all of the other shaders and abilities for that character by deleting the matches from the battle log and grinding out more fights. Then once you run out of stuff to unlock it just changes to a regular piece of gear.

Not sure how long it'll be viable for though as I'm guessing they'll fix it in the next patch.

Razmos

Alright, guess I made it through all of Swamp Thing's shaders and abilities. It changed that slot to just a common Swamp Thing weapon.

So essentially it looks like if you roll a shader/ability in your daily AI Simulator boxes then you can get all of the other shaders and abilities for that character by deleting the matches from the battle log and grinding out more fights. Then once you run out of stuff to unlock it just changes to a regular piece of gear.

Not sure how long it'll be viable for though as I'm guessing they'll fix it in the next patch.
Thanks for testing it! I was hoping to do so myself but didn't get a shader or ability today

Does the drop rate for shaders get worse as you accumulate them? I assumed it was just a flat % across all characters since the vast majority of them are commons, but I've noticed as I've gotten more shaders that they're becoming increasingly uncommon in boxes. I just opened 400k worth of boxes and only got 3 (all Captain Cold because of course they are), when there were times with 100k worth of boxes I would get as many as 6-8 at a time.

Guys I am addicted to this game. I just can't stop playing it. It's either me or AI playing the game. Game is running all the time. It's freaking me out lol.

Guys I am addicted to this game. I just can't stop playing it. It's either me or AI playing the game. Game is running all the time. It's freaking me out lol.
I actually have my girlfriend pressing x on endless AI runs whilst I'm at work. In exchange I levelled Cheetah and got the Vixen skin for her. A fair trade I feel.

Top Bottom