• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Don't think I've caught any of the diamond multiverses before this one. Pretty awesome rewards for just a few fights. How often have these popped up?

Can someone explain reversals in lay mans terms for me? I've googled it but I'm having trouble understanding how they work in practice.

Cyros

Speaking of characters you don't play but have a ton of gear for:

I've gotten all of Scarecrow's Shaders except 4, and I have 3/5 pieces for Robin's Son of the Demon set.

I have leveled up Superman, Batman, Supergirl, Robin, Wonder Woman, Flash and Deadshot to level 20. GL is at level 16. Who to level up to 20 after this?

Can someone explain reversals in lay mans terms for me? I've googled it but I'm having trouble understanding how they work in practice.

A reversal / wake-up attack is when you do a certain move after blocking an attack or getting knocked down.

Generally a reversal is your response (that hits) to an attack you just blocked. Say someone did a fireball up close, you block it. During the time after the opponent who threw the fireball they are wide open for a little bit right? because they did something with a good bit of recovery way to close to you. During that time they are wide open, certain moves are considered reversals. The move you do is faster than the recovery time of the opponent, so there is nothing they can do but eat that attack. So a reversal. This can sometimes be applied to attacks that hit you as well (but thats bad design imo! looking at you Street Fighter X Tekken...)

Wake-ups are the same thing, except in this situation you got hit. Now your on the ground, your about to get up, but your opponent is trying to do something while your getting up. Time to use your awesome special move that can put an end to that. A wake up is just that, an attack that comes out asap while your character has gotten up from being knocked down.

Zetta

I have leveled up Superman, Batman, Supergirl, Robin, Wonder Woman, Flash and Deadshot to level 20. GL is at level 16. Who to level up to 20 after this?

Can't go wrong with Captain Cold or Firestorm, I mean I've gotten just about all the epics for them so they must be good.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Damn it. Accidentally sold a level 20 epic when quickly clearing out clutter. Specifically a gun for Harley from story mode. Is there a way to get it back?

KaYotiX

Banned
I'm going to be real, there's A LOT of people on gaf that are like this. If you guys actually would play together I'd promise you guys would have a good time. But getting people here to actually play is the hardest part for whatever reason. There's tons that aren't great and hope it's not seen as me talking shit. Just me seeing that tons around the same level would probably have fun if they'd try and arrange matches up.

I just stopped caring about rank and wins/loses and jumped in. I find I'm actually decent and can hold my own :)

Fuckfufkjdkcujdnnd

Getting stuck on ONE fight in an event of 9 guys is the most frustrating thing ever. I can't beat this fireheaded fuck. Lost 10 times in a row, dont have time for this shit but Im 8 guys in... those times where you just cant flow at all and they are just shooing everywhere like a crack head at a crack fair.

Jfjdiskskndjdjsiksks

Fuckfufkjdkcujdnnd

Getting stuck on ONE fight in an event of 9 guys is the most frustrating thing ever. I can't beat this fireheaded fuck. Lost 10 times in a row, dont have time for this shit but Im 8 guys in... those times where you just cant flow at all and they are just shooing everywhere like a crack head at a crack fair.

Jfjdiskskndjdjsiksks
Player select, choose an AI build to take him out? Then switch back after?

Fuckfufkjdkcujdnnd

Jfjdiskskndjdjsiksks

Select different player. Then select AI load out and watch AI destroy that guy.

Malalaw

I know they have plenty of GAF guilds on ps4 but if you cannot get in look up 9Y3RG and say who you are and me or a friend will accept you. 4 spots currently and may clean house after work.

Cptkrush

I have a question. I was letting my AI Harley take care of her multiverse event. I watched a little of it, and I noticed there would be instances where she would start a combo and flash blue while her opponent was also initiating an attack, and then proceed to be unphased by their attack and decimate them ruthlessly. What's going on there, do certain moves have invincibility frames that the game registers visually, or is there some mechanic I'm missing?

Xeteh

I have a question. I was letting my AI Harley take care of her multiverse event. I watched a little of it, and I noticed there would be instances where she would start a combo and flash blue while her opponent was also initiating an attack, and then proceed to be unphased by their attack and decimate them ruthlessly. What's going on there, do certain moves have invincibility frames that the game registers visually, or is there some mechanic I'm missing?

Meter burning a forward or backward heavy attack gives it armor.

patchday

this was most likely the Armor modifier which makes attacker virtually invincible. certain multiverse have that modifier

Geeky

Got Wonder Woman up to level 20, got her movie gear. Now I can proceed to never play her again. Actually, I didn't even play her. I let the AI do the work :D

Thank goodness for the ability to let AI fight these harder level 20 fights. I don't need to go into training mode and learn combos and pokes.

My level 13 Wonder Woman beat the level 20 Cheetah.

Perineum

I won most of my Ranked matches tonight as Atrocitus, but the more I play this game the more the onion peels off some just basic fundamental issues that are not to my liking about this game.

*The zoning characters have a big prominent lead over the ones who don't.
*A lot of the cast is dismissed because A) they lack zoning, B) they lack easy damage, C) both.
*Chip damage is absurd.
*Roll isn't a reliable way to get in against decent players who zone. You either get baited out into it and punished, or roll too far and now are pressed to the corner. Oh and I have gotten hit during/out of it by certain characters.
*Meter gain for being the person who is on the receiving end of an ass whooping is a bit too much. You are better off giving up half your health bar and being beat up so you can gain 2 bars to kill your opponent in 2 set ups. Personally they need to knock meter gain down 50% if you are getting beat up.

I play Atrocitus and the dude is mad good against a lot of the cast, but if someone is on point with zoning even trying to get a tornado in, or trading to get dexstar out doesn't let him get in effectively. I'd rather play against a flurry of Arturo level Sim's in SF5 than god damn deadshots, Fates, or Adam's.

What say you GAF?

JAXXX

QhQ3iHZ.png

Hex

Banned
I won most of my Ranked matches tonight as Atrocitus, but the more I play this game the more the onion peels off some just basic fundamental issues that are not to my liking about this game.

*The zoning characters have a big prominent lead over the ones who don't.
*A lot of the cast is dismissed because A) they lack zoning, B) they lack easy damage, C) both.
*Chip damage is absurd.
*Roll isn't a reliable way to get in against decent players who zone. You either get baited out into it and punished, or roll too far and now are pressed to the corner. Oh and I have gotten hit during/out of it by certain characters.
*Meter gain for being the person who is on the receiving end of an ass whooping is a bit too much. You are better off giving up half your health bar and being beat up so you can gain 2 bars to kill your opponent in 2 set ups. Personally they need to knock meter gain down 50% if you are getting beat up.

I play Atrocitus and the dude is mad good against a lot of the cast, but if someone is on point with zoning even trying to get a tornado in, or trading to get dexstar out doesn't let him get in effectively. I'd rather play against a flurry of Arturo level Sim's in SF5 than god damn deadshots, Fates, or Adam's.

What say you GAF?

I say that you are playing a NRS game, it is part of the package.
But you are also playing a game that has been out for less than two weeks.
Also Arturo lulz.....

Top Bottom