• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Lady on fire with green eyes that can fly? Might end up playing her.

Talking about Fire?
latest

Please no more zoners
Yeah, look like they have plenty represented in that playstyle.

Jocund

I have to say I appreciate that Injustice 2 Bane doesn't look fucking gross. A lot of artists tend to draw him as grotesquely muscular, and I much prefer the hulking, but comparatively modest look NRS have here.

ZeroX03

Banned
I love almost all of the characterization in this game, but boy I'm glad the Wonder Woman film reviewed well, Regime WW is the biggest bummer in this game next to edgy Damian. If Supes and WW clash, Supes says she pushed things too far even for him lol.

I love almost all of the characterization in this game, but boy I'm glad the Wonder Woman film reviewed well, Regime WW is the biggest bummer in this game next to edgy Damian. If Supes and WW clash, Supes says she pushed things too far even for him lol.

I honestly don't mind Regime WW. I don't think the writers executed her characterisation perfectly, but I have enjoyed this take on her character.

Sheroking

I like zoning. Should ask them to nerf characters who are too good at everything. :p

I love zoning in other games. This one... it's not even that it's powerful, it's that it's very brain dead. You're not laying out a minefield to counter your opponents movements, you're just kind of mashing on your options until they get in. The only mind-game here seems to be predicting the meter-burn dash or a teleport, if the character has one.

There are some exeptions. I love the Joker-Superman match because both characters can punish the others zoning from full screen if they poorly place their gunshots/lasers.

erawsd

I have to say I appreciate that Injustice 2 Bane doesn't look fucking gross. A lot of artists tend to draw him as grotesquely muscular, and I much prefer the hulking, but comparatively modest look NRS have here.

Yeah, besides Joker, I think this game has some great designs. Much stronger than the first game or Rocksteady's stuff.

Xeteh

So I've always been a rather casual comics fan. Read a bit when I was a kid but it was hard to convince my parents to buy'm. I had a vague idea who Red Hood was because of all the outcry for him in the first game but someone in the trailer thread mentioned Under the Red Hood. I can why people really wanted him in a game, definitely like the character.

I honestly don't mind Regime WW. I don't think the writers executed her characterisation perfectly, but I have enjoyed this take on her character.

Same here, its kinda like a regression of sorts for her personality back to what it was before she teamed up with the league and had rules. She was all for killing her enemies but was told that isn't how things are done outside her world. Now it was and we got to see how she would be if she was never talked down.

Not to mention the introspection thanks to the scarecrow scene in the story. I thought that was a really cool thing and something I was wondering too.

Sadly ingame Wonder Woman is basically the pure definition of what people mean by stiff animations. Her run, movement, and everything is way too stoic and stiff. I get that shes supposed to be a bit intimidating and has a posture of being unmovable but her movement visually is just ugh... especially that forward dash. @.@

Shaanyboi

Banned
It would be interesting to be at Netherrealm and see the data if there's any kind of change in activity for Wonder Woman after the movie.

It would be interesting to be at Netherrealm and see the data if there's any kind of change in activity for Wonder Woman after the movie.

Been using her since day one off and on and I love watching the AI use her. It does some cool stuff. My brain just can't do it haha.

Also am I the only one who can't combo Atrocitus's blood tornado usage? The AI can do the bloodnado and get a hit/confirm into a combo but I can't for the life of me and I see the touney players going for the normal meterburn to combo...

Either this is an amazingly tight link or something that just the AI is able to do lol.

Xeteh

My partner's brother received the Staff trait change last night. :/

Legit wish we could trade items. I've had Staff of Greyson since day 2 and I have zero desire for it. Didn't like Nightwing in the first game, don't care about him now.

Been using her since day one off and on and I love watching the AI use her. It does some cool stuff. My brain just can't do it haha.

Also am I the only one who can't combo Atrocitus's blood tornado usage? The AI can do the bloodnado and get a hit/confirm into a combo but I can't for the life of me and I see the touney players going for the normal meterburn to combo...

Either this is an amazingly tight link or something that just the AI is able to do lol.

I feel like the AI is bullshit with him. Only time you see a non-meterburned Blood Nado juggle is with Dex-Starr's attack.

Drahcir

So I finally felt like I found a main in Superman. A few safe strings I could spam and combos easy enough to learn. Then I made the mistake of playing Story mode with his ending and oh no why Supes. :( Now I don't feel so good about him.

Same here, its kinda like a regression of sorts for her personality back to what it was before she teamed up with the league and had rules. She was all for killing her enemies but was told that isn't how things are done outside her world. Now it was and we got to see how she would be if she was never talked down.

Really? Slayven told me the Amazons don't even fight anything in the comics. They just spar with themselves.

ZeroX03

Banned
Again, canon doesn't mean a damn thing about who comes back. We got super flimsy justification to keep Joker in. It's not going to affect DLC choices.

Just checking in again to get admittance into the PS4 guild. Do I have to message someone in particular?

I've been having the same problem. Applications have expired and there has not been much in this thread about GAF guilds. Some spots opened up in one of them, but by the time I saw the message it had filled up.

The ones I applied to with openings have a few spots, but I assume a lot of people applied which is why my applications expired.

timedesk

Neo Member
Well I just got Cat Call, as well as like 5 or so other abilities in the last 50 chests. Kind of a ridiculous little roll I'm on.

I swear that skill is going to be the death of me. I have opened up a couple hundred boxes and still no luck. I just got 3 cyborg skill today, but nothing for Catwoman. At this point I have almost 3.5 million credits saved up. I'm going to get the rest of my characters up to lvl 20 and then just go nuts on bronze boxes. I really like this game, but I wish there were boxes that drew from only a few characters rather than the full roster.

Altairre

Yeah she's the only one where I don't care for the take on the character. Supes is very different but in an interesting way, Damian is usually terrible so that's fine but WW just sucks. I do enjoy her playstyle and I really like her look with the god shader and the gear I have on her.

Xeteh

I hate that NRS games track lobby matches as part as your online win rate in player matches. I almost exclusively play online with a buddy and my cousin, both of whom aren't great at fighting games. So my record is high and I queue up and have constant declines.

Anyone on GAF that has played me in SFV knows I'm pretty shit. Help me NRS, why you gotta lie for me.

WalshyB

I am absolutely terrible at this game, who is the go to starter character to improve?

I've been trying to play Black Canary but I suck pretty bad. I just can't get the combo timings right.

sinkfla87

I definitely agree with zoners being TOO strong here. I feel like they are trying to overcompensate for the lack of strong zoning in MKX. People like Pig of the Hut complained all the time over characters like Kenshi being bottom tier. I think zoning deserves to be represented but not to the extent we're currently seeing. What would everyone's ideal balance change log look like this early on?

Black Adam
Nerf/Scale damage after trait activation
Lengthen trait recovery/replenish time
Reduced hitbox/increase hurtbox on D2

Aquaman
Too much shit is plus on block, fix that
Remove Trident Toss (hear me out, they overhauled Green Lantern's moveset and AM has enough space control as it is without the projectile)
I know the above will never happen but whatever
Reduce chip damage and duration on Trident Rush.

Deadshot
Reduce chip damage on MB Rifle shots
Lengthen trait recovery time
Make all wrist cannon shots clash-able

ZeroX03

Banned
Is Doctor Fate's Armor of Inza supposed to give a set bonus with only one item equipped? My Inza's War Helm innately has the Bonus 125 ability, I've never seen a piece that hasn't required two or more matching pieces before you get anything.

I like it though, you can also equip Sun Bracers and Armor for even more ability.

Marvel

could never
I am absolutely terrible at this game, who is the go to starter character to improve?

I've been trying to play Black Canary but I suck pretty bad. I just can't get the combo timings right.
Superman is ridiculously easy for beginners and for those just wanting to improve. He has everything you need.

Spinky

If Starfire isn't a zoner, I'll be shocked.

I really hope she can actually do stuff up-close and isn't braindead.

EDIT: Just saw Cyborg's ending and it has Starfire in her Rebirth costume, AKA her best one. If NRS are smart they'll make that gear.

f@luS

More than a member.
They NEEd to add a freaking open all box possibility

230 bronze 80 silver i don't bother opening I already just opened 60 gold.
1,6 millions crédit.
Annoyingly

IbukiLordSA

Yeah I am planning on playing Starfire and if she is a zoner then I can't, don't enjoy that playstyle. Hoping she has a bit of everything, maybe a bit like Supergirl but with a bit more damage.

Top Bottom