• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

wamberz1

My swampy

imr43inh

Better start leveling him, swimming in epics.
Nice, mine looks really similar but at work so can't post. Mine has a sweet sword thing as his cane, I love it.

Uzumaki Goku

I'm starting to feel a little discouraged at the moment because Robin is ass and I can't find a secondary, but this always happens with me and NRS games. Either I find a character I like but have significant issues with, or I don't find anybody at all and soulsearch for a while. Then DLC comes out and I end up maining a character I originally would've killed to remove from the game - happened with Rain, happened with Batgirl, happened with Tanya, and the pattern suggests the same will happen with Red Hood.

Bit tired of playing Batman characters, though.

EDIT: On a different note, am I the only one who wants Zatanna back? I didn't even play her, but she was so unique. Not a fan of how NRS DLCs are always one and dones.

I think the only DLC character who Netherrealm ever reused was Kenshi (since he became part of the main roster in MKX) I was very surprised that Martian Manhunter wasn't part of the main roster of this game considering how highly requested he was for the original Injustice.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Yes, I've heard Boon say this approximately ten thousand times.

Although I still find it somewhat hard to believe.

Well, it's not particularly hard to outsell characters like Batgirl,Lobo and General Zod. I doubt Scorpion would end up being the highest selling DLC if fan requested characters like Martian Manhunter were in the season pass

Same goes for MKX, I'm pretty sure characters like Baraka, Smoke, Cyrax and Noob Saibot would be pretty close in sales to the guests but NRS wasted those 2 DLC spots on Tanya and Tremor. Expect MK11 to solely have guest characters as DLC

That's how NRS interprets DC powers.

They took the zoning being useless in MKX criticism to heart, and went in the complete opposite direction.
To be honest, it's not so much how many zoners there are that pisses me the fuck off, it's two things.

One, that the zoner will ALWAYS have a meter advantage because they're spamming moves constantly which either hit or get blocked. Even if neither happens, they still build up a little bit of meter. You always HAVE to spend meter to close the gap and do any decent damage so they always have enough meter to clash and get that health back and continue the zoning.

Two, that the zoner characters also have freaking strong rushdown as well. It'd be one thing to be a jack of all trades, it's one thing to have a low that goes into an overhead. But you could also just do a low again so you can't risk pressing a button even if you block the low!!

Just... WTF.

Marvel

could never
The zoners in this game are good at everything almost, not just the zoning lol. That just confuses me, should be one thing.

Siege.exe

Fighting a boss Superman for two hours while he spams his fucking fullscreen lasers and their bullshit block destroying meter burn had me fuming last night. Never again :mad: I was so pissed off when my AI Canary did it on the first try too, Robin was getting his ass worked all night

The zoners in this game are good at everything almost, not just the zoning lol. That just confuses me, should be one thing.

Exactly lol, as it is, zoning is just the most braindead thing in the game. You're always building a meter advantage, you always have the ability to react to anything the opponent does. And if you decide to go in, no big whoop since you have the offensive tools to mix them up.

Also it most certainly does not help how much chip damage there is in this game, but again, that's life that would be worth sacrificing if there wasn't a high chance they could clash and get it all back.

patchday

I think Ed Boon only retweeted because the leak is mostly real but Raiden is still the character we get and not Black Lightning hahaha

this is why I'm not buying season pass. Would buy if I knew it was 100% dc heroes. but since we know we got subzero coming at very least I immediately knew I would just buy the heros I want individually. just not keen on paying for MKX characters when I already paid for MKX just recently (at least it feels recent in my mind)

Razmos

I don't think I could buy the DLC characters individially due to the way the game shows DLC/characters that haven't been unlocked. If they didn't show up in the menus at all i'd be okay with it. But it bugged me having Brainiac greyed out in the character select menu and having a red name in the character customization menu.

It would bug the shit out of me to have to traverse through the menus past characters I don't have.

And then there is the fact that there will likely be exclusive multiverse levels for these characters too which you would be unable to do

this is why I'm not buying season pass. Would buy if I knew it was 100% dc heroes. but since we know we got subzero coming at very least I immediately knew I would just buy the heros I want individually. just not keen on paying for MKX characters when I already paid for MKX just recently (at least it feels recent in my mind)

Same. I was tempted if it was three characters I'd at least sorta want anyways, but Red Hood is meh and I'd never touch an Injustice guest character unless we actually got Hellboy. I'll stick with Starfire.

patchday

@Razmos, so are you saying you will buy Subzero because seeing his option 'greyed' out will bother you? I respect that opinion it's just something that didn't occur too me.

For me it's a huge commitment to learning a new champion so even though I plan to buy every single DC hero I can only see myself mastering less than a handful. I know in MKX I only stuck with one fighter for online and so far been doing the same here

vg260

Exactly lol, as it is, zoning is just the most braindead thing in the game. You're always building a meter advantage, you always have the ability to react to anything the opponent does. And if you decide to go in, no big whoop since you have the offensive tools to mix them up.

Also it most certainly does not help how much chip damage there is in this game, but again, that's life that would be worth sacrificing if there wasn't a high chance they could clash and get it all back.

They're surely going to balance the game over time, but how do they address it without the usual NRS balancing complaints?

patchday

I dont hate zoners yet but check back with me in a month.

I play Wonder Woman so I have some meager tools to deal with them like the downwards shield throw.

But I'm just starting out on the ladder / unranked so a lot of my opponents are inexperienced and doing stupid stuff. So maybe in a month I'll start seeing more zoners that will make me hate life.

So no strong opinions on that right now but I plan to play ranged characters or mid-range chars (like WW) which are more forgiving of casual fans like me

Khezu

That leak is fake because those are characters people actually want.
Not me personally, but there are people that like those chumps.

NRS has a policy where their DLC has to please absolutely no one, with the most strange and out of left field choices, and one fan favorite, and maybe a movie tie in.

Kind of wishing character specific Multiverse events were more in-depth tutorials teaching longer combos or best wake-ups or situational moves and strategies...as the current character tutorials don't move much beyond explaining the trait and forcing you to do the special moves and a combo. Love when games build the more advanced learning into their games instead of relying on people combing YouTube for those bits of information.

Skilletor

To be honest, it's not so much how many zoners there are that pisses me the fuck off, it's two things.

One, that the zoner will ALWAYS have a meter advantage because they're spamming moves constantly which either hit or get blocked. Even if neither happens, they still build up a little bit of meter. You always HAVE to spend meter to close the gap and do any decent damage so they always have enough meter to clash and get that health back and continue the zoning.

Two, that the zoner characters also have freaking strong rushdown as well. It'd be one thing to be a jack of all trades, it's one thing to have a low that goes into an overhead. But you could also just do a low again so you can't risk pressing a button even if you block the low!!

Just... WTF.

Exactly. They shouldn't nerf zoning. Some of the characters that CAN zone just shouldn't be able to, lol.

vg260

Well, it's not particularly hard to outsell characters like Batgirl,Lobo and General Zod. I doubt Scorpion would end up being the highest selling DLC if fan requested characters like Martian Manhunter were in the season pass

Same goes for MKX, I'm pretty sure characters like Baraka, Smoke, Cyrax and Noob Saibot would be pretty close in sales to the guests but NRS wasted those 2 DLC spots on Tanya and Tremor. Expect MK11 to solely have guest characters as DLC

These are good points. The first DLC for both weren't really high demand characters, so maybe the guests selling higher didn't mean as much.

Red Hood and Starfire seem like high demand, so it'll be interesting to see how the MK characters will sell this time.

I dont hate zoners yet but check back with me in a month.

I play Wonder Woman so I have some meager tools to deal with them like the downwards shield throw.

But I'm just starting out on the ladder / unranked so a lot of my opponents are inexperienced and doing stupid stuff. So maybe in a month I'll start seeing more zoners that will make me hate life.

So no strong opinions on that right now but I plan to play ranged characters or mid-range chars (like WW) which are more forgiving of casual fans like me
I play the exact same character, and it really highlights both the issues with the game and the issues with the character itself.

I feel like her db2 (the DP) should have like upper-body invincibility to deal with jump-ins. As it is, her only real option is using a pre-emptive upward shield toss or a d2. The d2 does have great range, granted, but it's not good to deal with late jumpins.

Though that might just be the Street Fighter player in me talking.

Khezu

I really wish they would have gutted the zoning potential of all the I1 legacy characters.
None of them need the ability to contest from full screen.

It would have been the perfect time to make some of those moves gear abilities.
Now they can't do that, if they touch any of those skills now, people would throw a huge fit.

My only gripe playing online opponents is when they use Deadshot and just spam bullets. Other than that I'm having a lot of fun grinding for new gear.

Ryce

NRS has a policy where their DLC has to please absolutely no one, with the most strange and out of left field choices, and one fan favorite, and maybe a movie tie in.
The four MK9 DLC choices were very well-received by the community.

The only left field DLC choices for the first Injustice were Batgirl and Zod. Lobo, Martian Manhunter, Zatanna, and even Scorpion were highly requested.

Tanya, Tremor, Alien, and Predator were among the most requested characters for MKX DLC. I remember a lot of requests for Jason to follow in Freddy's footsteps, and Triborg was a compromise for the various cyborg ninja requests. Bo' Rai Cho and Leatherface were the only real "who asked for this?" head scratchers.

The two most requested Injustice 2 DLC characters have already been announced.

Hex

Banned
That leak is fake because those are characters people actually want.
Not me personally, but there are people that like those chumps.

Horse shit.
We get it, you are salty with the game because you are finding you can not hang but attacking it is really petty.
Red Hood is one of the most wanted and most requested out there.
Starfire is also one that many people have wanted.
And that is just pack one.

I just finished story mode, and now am ready to start with building a character....who are the top 3 recommended characters that yall would recommend?

Top Bottom