• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Perineum

I say that you are playing a NRS game, it is part of the package.
But you are also playing a game that has been out for less than two weeks.
Also Arturo lulz.....

I must have a hazy memory of MKX. I could've sworn that game offered far more characters to get around zone centric characters. Plus, I don't recall the chip being this bad in MKX or 9. Was it this awful?

Yeah game has been out less than 2 weeks, but if I see something I feel is sort of shitty I want to voice it to see if others agree or have a different outlook.

If a part of the package was a broken character, or netcode, etc would you just deal with it?

Khezu

I must have a hazy memory of MKX. I could've sworn that game offered far more characters to get around zone centric characters. Plus, I don't recall the chip being this bad in MKX or 9. Was it this awful?

Yeah game has been out less than 2 weeks, but if I see something I feel is sort of shitty I want to voice it to see if others agree or have a different outlook.

If a part of the package was a broken character, or netcode, etc would you just deal with it?

Zoning was pretty tame in MKX, combination of run and projectiles not being as good.

Chip damage was I want to say similar, that's just an NRS thing, they don't want you to block ever.

I agree that they went too far with the zoning in this game, I see zoning in NRS games as a necessary evil, I don't like it, but I accept it because a lot of players do like it, so having to deal with a zoner here and there is fine.

I2 went too far with it, too many characters have very powerful zoning tools, so it feels like every match I'm chasing someone down. It makes it so I don't really want to play the game for extended periods of time, I just get bored.

kobu

I won most of my Ranked matches tonight as Atrocitus, but the more I play this game the more the onion peels off some just basic fundamental issues that are not to my liking about this game.

*The zoning characters have a big prominent lead over the ones who don't.
*A lot of the cast is dismissed because A) they lack zoning, B) they lack easy damage, C) both.
*Chip damage is absurd.
*Roll isn't a reliable way to get in against decent players who zone. You either get baited out into it and punished, or roll too far and now are pressed to the corner. Oh and I have gotten hit during/out of it by certain characters.
*Meter gain for being the person who is on the receiving end of an ass whooping is a bit too much. You are better off giving up half your health bar and being beat up so you can gain 2 bars to kill your opponent in 2 set ups. Personally they need to knock meter gain down 50% if you are getting beat up.

I play Atrocitus and the dude is mad good against a lot of the cast, but if someone is on point with zoning even trying to get a tornado in, or trading to get dexstar out doesn't let him get in effectively. I'd rather play against a flurry of Arturo level Sim's in SF5 than god damn deadshots, Fates, or Adam's.

What say you GAF?

Besides Fate these zoners are also ridiculous when up close too. This was a problem in injustice 1 so I guess complaining is pointless.

Perineum

Zoning was pretty tame in MKX, combination of run and projectiles not being as good.

Chip damage was I want to say similar, that's just an NRS thing, they don't want you to block ever.

I agree that they went too far with the zoning in this game, I see zoning in NRS games as a necessary evil, I don't like it, but I accept it because a lot of players do like it, so having to deal with a zoner here and there is fine.

I2 went too far with it, too many characters have very powerful zoning tools, so it feels like every match I'm chasing someone down. It makes it so I don't really want to play the game for extended periods of time, I just get bored.

That last part is how I felt. I was getting zzzZzzz as Atrocitus trying to rush shit down in all match ups. It's either the guy zones and I earn my victory to get in, or the guy has no clue how to defend and it is simply a slaughter. I did have a FEW good matches of folks where we went back and forth. Doing rolls, air rolls, push blocks, mix ups, set ups, etc. One Robin and Supergirl in particular made me had a great time, even though I lost just barely to both.

I even messed around with Dr Fate tonight online straight to ranked having never played him against a person and won 9/10 matches. It's too easy to just chuck shit all day at folks lol.

ZeroX03

Banned
QhQ3iHZ.png

I expect it to be worse than what was leaked honestly.

Yep. Beast Boy
is dead
according to the canon.

Like that would really stop them if they wanted.

Perineum

Besides Fate these zoners are also ridiculous when up close too. This was a problem in injustice 1 so I guess complaining is pointless.

Fair enough. I mean I didn't play IJ1 at all. MK9 and MKX is all the NRS experience I had up until this. MK9 I played Ermac and didn't encounter many issues, and MKX I did both Takeda and Kung Jin.

It's crazy that a character like Deadshot can not only keep you out easy, but once you guys get up to each other has legit scary high low mix ups that can lead to 300+ damage depending on where on the screen you are.

Shot isn't even the one I hate the most. I would say Darkseid is the character people aren't talking about enough. Omega beams all day, then helper monkey to lock you down for a sec to set up a teleport mix up. Lord forbid that fucker hit you with 1 meter... he's doing 500+ and it's easy mode combos. I watched combo vids with 2 meter seid doing over 1000 if a stage interactable is available....

Skilletor

Is there a way to do training mode without level stats?

I hate this shit. Trying to see damage values and gear and level bullshit keeps getting in the way. Ugh.

Perineum

There are infinite universes. He can pop in from any one of them. No one can remain dead in DC lol.

Are we still debating some of those silhouettes? I think the big guy who looked like he has a hood is Killer Croc.

His entire character model is in game like Manta. You see him in the stage transition at the bat cave. I'd be hella surprised if he isn't in.

patchday

wow I thought this Harley player just now was gonna beat my Wondergirl esp after he won the clash. couldn't string together my combos for anything. Still won but definitely need to practice my combos a bit more

when mkx first came out was lots of jacki / Jax complaints (but that died down from what I recall). I am hesitant to toss in a strong opinion on the matter myself since I need probably 50 more matches at least before I have a handle on balance. honestly I need a month more

Yep. Beast Boy
is dead
according to the canon.
Infinite multiverses though, so infinite opportunities for other versions of characters to show up. (Not to disagree with the conclusion, I don't believe in that leak either)

Edit: Oops, didn't see Ambar's same reply a few posts upthread.

patchday

Is there a way to do training mode without level stats?

I hate this shit. Trying to see damage values and gear and level bullshit keeps getting in the way. Ugh.

funny during training mode just now was thinking my gear must be in effect. ugh this is frustrating

Transforming items should be done with credits, not source crystals.

I been making 'ranked' loadouts where I simply just put on best looking gear since the stats wont mean jack there. I agree with you tho'

Perineum

wow I thought this Harley player just now was gonna beat my Wondergirl esp after he won the clash. couldn't string together my combos for anything. Still won but definitely need to practice my combos a bit more

when mkx first came out was lots of jacki / Jax complaints (but that died down from what I recall). I am hesitant to toss in a strong opinion on the matter myself since I need probably 50 more matches at least before I have a handle on balance. honestly I need a month more

The tougher thing here compared to say MKX is that I don't think you can just main one character at all. You need like a pocket Black Adam, Supergirl, or Darkseid to just hang at high level play.

That's where a lot of the high level competitive play for all fighters is this these days so it's understandable. What stinks is I don't go to competitions and so I am curious to see how this game will pan out after a month or two as well with how the online ranked play fleshes out.

Skilletor

Trying to play online with friends and nrs inputs still fuck with me. I feel like I have to delay all my button presses. I'm doing things too fast, they don't registers, and I'll get something I swear I didn't do.

So frustrating.

Sigh. Growing pains.

Pundere

As someone who doesn't really care about gear or multiverse stuff, it's really annoying there's no way to guarantee unranked matches with gear off.

My only options to learn a character are ranked (Vs other people's mains) or hope the other guy agrees to turn gear off in unranked (and risk having to fight a level 20 decked out in epics as a level 1).

Skilletor

As someone who doesn't really care about gear or multiverse stuff, it's really annoying there's no way to guarantee unranked matches with gear off.

My only options to learn a character are ranked (Vs other people's mains) or hope the other guy agrees to turn gear off in unranked (and risk having to fight a level 20 decked out in epics as a level 1).

Yep. I hate it. I don't want to just play ranked, either, which is the excuse everybody gives, because I don't learn shit in a 2 round set without multiple games. I want to player matches because I can get multiple games in, find people experimenting with lots of characters, etc.

I'm sure if you posted in tour guild that you want to do some player matches to learn a character there'd be sometakers?

gatti-man

As someone who could give two shits about competitive play this game is the best ever. So much stuff to do and a ridiculous amount of unlocks plus the normal modes. The graphics and audio just ooze polish. I can't imagine if we ever got capcom to put out a street fighter with this kind of content. I'd die and go to heaven.

Just set up a turbo button through Steam+Remote Play to automate pressing the X button for Endless AI / AI Battle Simulator. I didn't want to have to have a button held down on the controller the entire time to do this either, so I tried turning turning Toggle on which worked, surprisingly. In case anyone's curious:
Presses X about once a second on the lowest repeat rate which is a bit excessive. In that regard a custom autohotkey script would be better, but eh, whatever.

Perineum

I do agree that the gear system on paper was a great idea, but the execution is awful by NRS.

Great way to give us visuals to make us feel more tied to our character choices, and look bad ass. That's about where the good stops.

*They tied unique abilities for the characters to gear system. What in the literal fuck? Some characters get abilities that can fix shit match ups for them, or help extend combos, or change a lot of how they can play.

*The problem you mentioned. Since no one is ever going to use or learn combos with these abilities, then why the fuck do unranked matches even use these at all? Just ditch them entirely since NRS doesn't want them to be used.

*You have to buy loot boxes by the one. Ugh.

*You can't purchase plat or diamonds.

*Bronze and Silver in generally give shit, but so does Gold. So if you have 100,000+ money, do you really want to buy 100 boxes and open them all one by one?

*It's piss easy to max out worthless grays on a character to hog up space. Once a character is level 10 grays should not even drop----just give me extra currency instead.

Regardless of the DC Universe existing of infinite Earths, I doubt NRS would introduce a Beast Boy from a random Earth when he hasn't been part of the first or second game. He doesn't even appear in
Cyborg's ending with the other missing Teen Titans.

Perineum

As someone who could give two shits about competitive play this game is the best ever. So much stuff to do and a ridiculous amount of unlocks plus the normal modes. The graphics and audio just ooze polish. I can't imagine if we ever got capcom to put out a street fighter with this kind of content. I'd die and go to heaven.

I've been mind boggled by posts like this. I totally agree this is a better offering than SF5 at launch, but you think this game has a lot of content?

Take out gear drops to play dress up and this game doesn't offer much. Multi verse, battle simulator, training mode, and standard online fair. I mean they did a great gameplay loop to get people to keep wanting to get more boxes and keep playing dress up, but this isn't absurd kinds of content like previous NRS offerings or even say the Tekken franchise with its game modes throughout the franchise.

Visuals are definitely out of this world though. Audio effects are "ok" to me, and the soundtrack? It doesn't exist. It hands down wins the worst soundtrack of well any game I think I've played. 0 memorable tracks.

Again though, LOVE this game, having a lot of fun with it, but c'mon...

patchday

yeah but this game isn't League of Legends. So what if your rank was to somehow tank. When you git gud you'll just roflstomp over everyone to get where your mmr is suppose to settle

Now in team based games (like MOBA) its a different story. You will fall into Bronze hell and get awful teammates and have to carry or wallow at the bottom forever+

Skilletor

yeah but this game isn't League of Legends. So what if your rank was to somehow tank. When you git gud you'll just roflstomp over everyone to get where your mmr is suppose to settle

Now in team based games (like MOBA) its a different story. You will fall into Bronze hell and get awful teammates and have to carry or wallow at the bottom forever+

I don't care about ranked. The only reason I play ranked is to face people my level in player matches. Once player matches are too easy, i go rank up. This game fucks people like me that use player matches to "git gud."

Pundere

I don't recall ever mentioning being worried about my rank. As I said, it's a problem of either being outgeared in unranked or playing against someone's 400 match batman with my 2-hour Captain Cold in ranked.

Does anyone know if the characters have a bug when leveling up in gear capacity?
I leved up 4 characters to 20 and all should have 100 gear capacity yet one is maxed out at 90.

Perineum

I don't care about ranked. The only reason I play ranked is to face people my level in player matches. Once player matches are too easy, i go rank up. This game fucks people like me that use player matches to "git gud."

I kind of wish they would patch it to be preset to gear turned off. If two guys really want gear stats on and the additional moves they should both have to flick it on, otherwise you are just playing unranked with a rematch option.

God that'd be great... I'd ditch Ranked altogether hahaha.

patchday

I'm not sure what is wrong with fighting against someone's main. Hell I bring my mains to unranked since I'm doing it to warmup for ranked. I have only used my Wonder Woman

I kind of wish they would patch it to be preset to gear turned off. If two guys really want gear stats on and the additional moves they should both have to flick it on, otherwise you are just playing unranked with a rematch option.

I'm torn. unranked is great to get pve'ers into fighting games. Yes a L20 with epics will probably faceroll a L1 dude but this will help get more guys into online. and when they get serious they go ranked

patchday

funny in the earlier reviews I thought this would be the case. After I found out that wasnt the case I knew I'd head to ranked

Granted I didnt count on it being so easy to macro my fighters into L20 with all epic gear.

This should be the last Diamond event.

I feel like I've opened a million mother boxes this weekend.

and I have 2 million banked now. cant imagine trying to open like 2k+ bronze boxes lol

Skilletor

I'm not sure what is wrong with fighting against someone's main. Hell I bring my mains to unranked since I'm doing it to warmup for ranked. I have only used my Wonder Woman

I don't care about mains. 1 game is gimmicks. It's hard to learn anything in one game. Player matches allow me to play multiple games, which lets me learn this fighting game I am extremely scrubby at.

For all of the supposed single player content this game has (I even disagree with this the more I play), it is sorely lacking features online, and the problem is exacerbated because of the gear system.

I've been mind boggled by posts like this. I totally agree this is a better offering than SF5 at launch, but you think this game has a lot of content?

Take out gear drops to play dress up and this game doesn't offer much. Multi verse, battle simulator, training mode, and standard online fair. I mean they did a great gameplay loop to get people to keep wanting to get more boxes and keep playing dress up, but this isn't absurd kinds of content like previous NRS offerings or even say the Tekken franchise with its game modes throughout the franchise.

Visuals are definitely out of this world though. Audio effects are "ok" to me, and the soundtrack? It doesn't exist. It hands down wins the worst soundtrack of well any game I think I've played. 0 memorable tracks.

Again though, LOVE this game, having a lot of fun with it, but c'mon...

Yep. And most of the gear looks the same.

patchday

I love it when a re-roll on gear stats works out perfectly.

Yeah good thing the game drops plenty of regen coins on us too. So we can keep rerolling til we get the perfect stats.

I don't care about mains. 1 game is gimmicks. It's hard to learn anything in one game. Player matches allow me to play multiple games, which lets me learn this fighting game I am extremely scrubby at.

For all of the supposed single player content this game has (I even disagree with this the more I play), it is sorely lacking features online, and the problem is exacerbated because of the gear system.

oh I dont like rematching. I like to run away with my wins and search for next opponent. So ranked is great fit for me

Sambrez_

Maybe that was already asked a thousands times, but I play with my wife on the same account for this game. Is there a way to use the same characters progression in local vs ?
Because she is forced to use her account where the characters are low level...

Xeteh

I spent about 600k credits yesterday and earned them all back and then some. I wish there was more to spend them on.

The dumb thing is, the more characters you get towards 20 means the more money you're making back from the boxes. I can totally see buying bronze boxes and selling all the gear once you're done ending up with you breaking even.

Xevren

I agree with the whole gear thing for player matches. Wish there was another option to specifically search for comp mode player matches. FT 1 ranked is garbo.

Top Bottom