• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

ZeroX03

Banned
I've got over 30 epics for some characters at this point, I'm well on my way to having every character with an epic on every slot.

BUT I STILL DON'T HAVE MORE THAN 2 OF ANY GEAR SETS BECAUSE DROP RATES ARE SO RANDOM

Razmos

Always hated fighting AI wonder woman where all she ever does is spam the lasso to pull you in and hit you.

Now I've set up my AI wonder woman to do the same and it's quite amusing to watch on this side of it.

Does character level affect stats at all outside of allowing you to equip the higher level gear? For example, does a level 10 Robin have the same stats as a level 1 Robin if both are using the same base loadout?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
That's what I did. Got Harley Quinn to level 20 so I could do the level 15+ and level 20 multiverse events for epics for the other characters, to make levelling them easier.

ok that's my plan too - i saw a bunch of lvl 20 mutliverse events and thought i should get someone up there to do those

Black Canary lvl 20 here we go

B00TE

I've got over 30 epics for some characters at this point, I'm well on my way to having every character with an epic on every slot.

BUT I STILL DON'T HAVE MORE THAN 2 OF ANY GEAR SETS BECAUSE DROP RATES ARE SO RANDOM

I'm -still- fishing for a god damn epic chest piece for Flash. So many epics on characters I don't play though lol.

Razmos

Woo 6 out of 6
DBEp3u7XkAAwP6M

Spinky

I can't believe I haven't got a single Lantern emblem from any of the Diamond events of this entire weekend.

My GL is level 20 yet the game hates giving me cool stuff for him.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
what do i do with all this gear?

can i bring up low level epics to 20 for my black canary?

should i be keeping visually appealing gear so i can have my good gear transformed to look like that?

Spinky

I'm in hysterics because I was flicking through a JL issue I haven't read in years, and it features Grid saying "have a nice day".

Every time he says it in the game I crack up, along with "how do you feel?"

tim1138

what do i do with all this gear?

can i bring up low level epics to 20 for my black canary?

should i be keeping visually appealing gear so i can have my good gear transformed to look like that?

You can use those regen tokens to bring low level gear up to your current level.

delSai

The more i play the more i dislike the characters in this game. At first they're fun and hype but now i dont want to pick anyone at all. Maybe it'll just take sometime to find my character but right now i look at the character select screen and think "I shouldn't have paid 100 bucks for this." I dunno. It's weird, kinda like Persona 5. Not a bad game but after putting in some hours the first feeling of loving a game is just disappearing. At least I2 still has a chance to get me back.

The more i play the more i dislike the characters in this game. At first they're fun and hype but now i dont want to pick anyone at all. Maybe it'll just take sometime to find my character but right now i look at the character select screen and think "I shouldn't have paid 100 bucks for this." I dunno. It's weird, kinda like Persona 5. Not a bad game but after putting in some hours the first feeling of loving a game is just disappearing. At least I2 still has a chance to get me back.

Just play Green Lantern. It's the only thing to do.

Spinky

I'm starting to feel a little discouraged at the moment because Robin is ass and I can't find a secondary, but this always happens with me and NRS games. Either I find a character I like but have significant issues with, or I don't find anybody at all and soulsearch for a while. Then DLC comes out and I end up maining a character I originally would've killed to remove from the game - happened with Rain, happened with Batgirl, happened with Tanya, and the pattern suggests the same will happen with Red Hood.

Bit tired of playing Batman characters, though.

EDIT: On a different note, am I the only one who wants Zatanna back? I didn't even play her, but she was so unique. Not a fan of how NRS DLCs are always one and dones.

patchday

No one actually dies in a comic or NRS game.

yeah comics always reboot, etc. I dont know whos alive and whos dead in DC universe right now

I love this game but no way was I paying $100 upfront

delSai

Just play Green Lantern. It's the only thing to do.

Done that already :s

I love this game but no way was I paying $100 upfront

It's the sequel to that amazing fighting game i played everyday for like 2 years and really got me into playing 'em online and putting in training and so on, so it's was a no brainer for me to go all in.

But hey, maybe it's just a phase or something. Maybe i'll fall in love with Captain Cold all of a sudden.

Roussow

So, question about loot. Should I hold onto the best looking pieces? Is there a a way to level up unique items buy feeding them gear or anything like that? Or should you just focus on going with the best pieces of gear until level 20? I grabbed 4 out of 5 of those Wonder Woman epics from the event today, but its all like level 7 or 8, if I were play much much more of her it would likely become outclassed.
Also, how should I optimally be using my multiple currencies?
Oh, and also-also, how would I make my way into a GAF guild on PS4, the one in named in the OT was full.
Edit: Sent request to Guild 6, hope I make it in!

sinkfla87

Done that already :s

It's the sequel to that amazing fighting game i played everyday for like 2 years and really got me into playing 'em online and putting in training and so on, so it's was a no brainer for me to go all in.

But hey, maybe it's just a phase or something. Maybe i'll fall in love with Captain Cold all of a sudden.

I'm going to go with it being a phase, because I've been in the same boat lol. I choose random select sometimes in matches online because I want to learn​ all the characters but then it turns into "eh I don't wanna play as any of these mother fuckers", get burned out and turn it off. Then the game creeps back into my brain and of course I have to turn it back on and see if that stupid combo or set up I came up with my head actually works haha.
This game is like crack.

I guess I'm still in the fun phase because I'm still in the process of leveling up all the characters and making sure they all have at least one set of epics from a multiverse.

I've only played about 60 matches online so far.

Spinky

I guess I'm still in the fun phase because I'm still in the process of leveling up all the characters and making sure they all have at least one set of epics from a multiverse.

I've only played about 60 matches online so far.

I've played less than that, despite spending hundreds of hours online in IGAU.

The Multiverse/gear stuff is always distracting me, plus my online nerves are worse now for some fucking reason.

Have you tried Bane, Poison Ivy, Swamp Thing, or Scarecrow? I was kinda feeling like you but I tried them out and am loving it. I dont really feel like any of them are particularly good tier-wise but they've got great animations and design that makes them fun to mess around with.

delSai

Have you tried Bane, Poison Ivy, Swamp Thing, or Scarecrow? I was kinda feeling like you but I tried them out and am loving it. I dont really feel like any of them are particularly good tier-wise but they've got great animations and design that makes them fun to mess around with.

Yeah i tried 'em. The only character i wont even bother trying are Dr Fate and Deadshot, their style is just not for me. Maybe Ivy is worth trying again because out of the ones you named shes the character i played the least.

Spinky

Damn, so we are just gonna get 2 MK characters and only 2 female characters. Dunno why I expected NRS to surprise me.

I'm expecting each pack to have one male, one female and one guest(...).

Man, I don't think I'm ever gonna not be salty about WB's guest fetish.

Long, loud sigh.

Top Bottom