• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Seeing the I2 faces, it's kinda hard to believe that Injustice was "the game with ugly faces" in the past lol

Injustice 1 to 2 is one of the biggest Gen 7 to 8 leaps we've seen I think. I really thought the first game looked hideous, even for it's time.

Spinky

Injustice 1 was not a pretty game.

Some of the character models (and designs) were monstrous and the washed-out grey look didn't work for me. Even back in 2013 I thought MK9 looked better.

I'm so damn happy that I2 is a gigantic upgrade. I felt embarrassed when people saw the old WW.

JJShadow

But with injustice 2 I'm actually starting to get somewhat decent, and I'm starting to actually string together combos, and block, and use meter burn. I'm really happy that a fighting game is finally clicking for me

Yeah, this is the first fighting game I have played long enough to feel notable progress. Today I realized I'm starting to use special meter burn moves, and I already know the input for some nice combos for Batman and WW

patchday

It's weird tho cause some characters look fine in IJ1 to my eyes like Lobo & Deathstroke. Ah--- I know why. IJ1 used much less polygons. The artists just couldn't give proper detail to the faces. At least that's my best guess

Spinky

I'll never forget being super hyped for Raven and waiting for her trailer while I pretty much knew she was in the game, and then seeing her look like some kind of warped failed laboratory experiment.

Check out the collection of Atomhawk's concept art for various visual elements of Injustice 2, including stages, characters and costumes.

Some of the character and costume designs appear directly in game as Hero Card artwork. I'm interested in the significant visual changes some characters have been drawn with; I'd love to see some of those elements cross-over in-game in the form of epic gear sets and/or pieces. It'd be great to see Wonder Woman with a cape for example.

Atomhawk-8.jpeg

Atomhawk-9.jpeg

Atomhawk-7.jpeg

I'd imagine the mobile version of the game is making extensive use of the alternate versions of these characters, as designed by Atomhawk.

Did anyone else get an upside down fight against Deadshot when they did the "mighty have fallen" event in this weeks guild world ?

I did and it was hard at first, wound up lying upside down to match the screen, just to beat him.

Did anyone else get an upside down fight against Deadshot when they did the "mighty have fallen" event in this weeks guild world ?

I did and it was hard at first, wound up lying upside down to match the screen, just to beat him.
My brain decided it didn't like processing that one, got through it just walking forward and grinding it out with simple 3 hit combos over and over.

Some of the modifiers can be interesting, but I've grown to really hate the ones that flip the screen around.

I found a bug.
When doing a clash, if I mash the 3-bar button during the dialog sequence, it will spend 4-bars instead. I never press the 4-bar button during the whole time.
Really annoying!

My brain decided it didn't like processing that one, got through it just walking forward and grinding it out with simple 3 hit combos over and over.

Some of the modifiers can be interesting, but I've grown to really hate the ones that flip the screen around.

Oh even though I was lying upside down to match the screen, I just went a few punch combos, grab & punches, throws and a few special moves when I did get an opening.

I hate the modifier that makes the ground purple and takes your health away every few seconds.... I had one in the same guild event........ luckily I was able to jump at the right time (made the fight last less than a minute because the AI wasn't doing the same thing!).

I hate the one that fires things at you that makes you frozen...... especially if it seems like it's NOT random but it targets you (even though both characters have the modifier on).

Oh even though I was lying upside down to match the screen, I just went a few punch combos, grab & punches, throws and a few special moves when I did get an opening.

I hate the modifier that makes the ground purple and takes your health away every few seconds.... I had one in the same guild event........ luckily I was able to jump at the right time (made the fight last less than a minute because the AI wasn't doing the same thing!).

I hate the one that fires things at you that makes you frozen...... especially if it seems like it's NOT random but it targets you (even though both characters have the modifier on).
Oh yeah, the floor electricity is terrible too. That one just needs some kind of warning, like a gradual build up before a big discharge. With most of the missiles, laser balls, and floor saws and whatnot, you at least get some kind of chance to block or avoid them. That floor electricity just means I jump around constantly and hope I get lucky with my timing.

bubumiao

Wait, you can't "transform" rare gear into epics using source crystals? I'm asking because I was wondering if I should be saving my cool looking rares lol.
I think you can do this. So if the "look" of certain great appeals to you you should keep it so you can do the transmorg thing.
Wait- unless you mean transmorgification. u can transmorg an epic to look like a rare
Right. I didn't think of this before though as far as saving them solely for their stats (I'm talking about the rares).

I'm confusing myself trying to explain this.

DR2K

Banned
Games input system and netcode don't mix. MKX was a lot more fluid and lenient in its combo system and how it read inputs. This game is literally drop an input in the middle of a combo and your character stands there and does nothing.

No one can seem to do combos consistently. Lots of awkwardness and clunky matches. I really hope they address this in future updates.

Is anyone else getting alot of ragequitters in ranked today? I've gotten 3 in the past hour im starting to think it might be a server issue or something

I REALLY need to learn how to get good against spammers. My SuperGirl faced off against an Aquaman and all the fucker did was spam that long distant tentacle move which has a high reach and can catch you even while jumping. My only resort was to block and spam and scorpion teleporter punch supergirl has which made for an awfully long and boring match.

I really hope we get Wonder Woman's "God of War" armor(s) in game. Was pretty disappointed the movie went with her more classic skirt also. It's my favorite costume in DC's slightly more recent history.

Then again there are a lot of great costume I hope we get some gear added for.
I'd pay for them but don't tell NRS/WB

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Has NRS actually stated that more gear is coming to the game? I thought it was only the 9 characters scheduled.

I really hope we get Wonder Woman's "God of War" armor(s) in game. Was pretty disappointed the movie went with her more classic skirt also. It's my favorite costume in DC's slightly more recent history.

This costume appears in game as a Hero Card icon.

So I'm doing this Wonder Woman event for the gear. My Wonder Woman is only a level 4 because I really don't play as her. Does that mean I will never be able to get level 20 movie gear? Is there a way to "infuse" this gear up after I level her up to 20?

patchday

^ You aware you can use regen tokens to scale up gear? but doesnt the gear come at L20 already? Idk since my WW was already 20

So I'm doing this Wonder Woman event for the gear. My Wonder Woman is only a level 4 because I really don't play as her. Does that mean I will never be able to get level 20 movie gear? Is there a way to "infuse" this gear up after I level her up to 20?

Yes you can level up the gear using regen tokens. But level up your Wonder Woman for final fight. There is enough time. Use the 2 player level up trick or use AI Battles if you have to.

daripad

So, I asked the same thing on the Tekken 7 thread:

I really want to get a new fighting game but I don't know which one to get between Tekken and this one. Is Injustice 2 easy to learn for us that suck at fighting games? Are the single player modes fun and long lasting?

fernoca

The gear is set at the level you unlock it, so if your WW is Level 4 the gear will be Level 4.

You can regen it after you're Level 20 also, in case you want every piece at Level 20.

I really want to get a new fighting game but I don't know which one to get between Tekken and this one. Is Injustice 2 easy to learn for us that suck at fighting games? Are the single player modes fun and long lasting?

It depends. They both have their fair share of single player content that can/will keep you occupied for as long as you want, but they're different enough in gameplay. Injustice is an accessible 2D fighter, Tekken is an accessible 3D fighter. So it depends on what kind of game you're in the mood of. One is all about superheroes, the other is more around traditional martial artists.

On Injustice you unlock gear as you play to customize superheroes and their abilities, on Tekken the customization is mostly visual as far as I know so you can look as cool or as ridiculous as you want and it won't affect the stats. Injustice has the Multiverse which has multiple laddes some specific some change every hour/week, which you use to earn more gear, loot, level up. Tekken has the Treasure Battle on which you earn more customization options.

Gator86

Agreed. That's a terrific Wonder Woman outfit.

Anbec7

So I let the hype get me specially with some Marvel news to play this again (played the first one)
So any n00b guide? From what I have seen I like Green Arrow, Supergirl and Captain Cold.
I used Green Arrow on IJ1 so how much did he change?
Is the story mode good?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So on the phone game I'm trying to get 3 star win in Battle 18 Grodd boss battle but...

1) The modifier that keeps you from controlling character switching is 100% bullshit.
2) For some reason my characters have started blocking when I tap instead of attacking half the time? Game hasn't done this is any other fight. Is that some Grodd power? Is there a way around it?

If you are even remotely a DC fan, get this one. There is ton of SP content here.

daripad

It depends. They both have their fair share of single player content that can/will keep you occupied for as long as you want, but they're different enough in gameplay. Injustice is an accessible 2D fighter, Tekken is an accessible 3D fighter. So it depends on what kind of game you're in the mood of. One is all about superheroes, the other is more around traditional martial artists.

On Injustice you unlock gear as you play to customize superheroes and their abilities, on Tekken the customization is mostly visual as far as I know so you can look as cool or as ridiculous as you want and it won't affect the stats. Injustice has the Multiverse which has multiple laddes some specific some change every hour/week, which you use to earn more gear, loot, level up. Tekken has the Treasure Battle on which you earn more customization options.

Is the multiverse an online mode or can it be played offline? And how good is the matchmaking and netcode?

Customization sounds interesting, looks like something that I would spend some time on.

KaYotiX

Banned
Is the multiverse an online mode or can it be played offline? And how good is the matchmaking and netcode?

Customization sounds interesting, looks like something that I would spend some time on.

There is a single player Multiverse and Guild version.

Very fun and grindy if you enjoy that. Game is really really good. Im not even a DC fan and i love this game.

Also getting Tekken 7 though.

If i had one choice id prolly go Injuctice

Razmos

So on the phone game I'm trying to get 3 star win in Battle 18 Grodd boss battle but...

1) The modifier that keeps you from controlling character switching is 100% bullshit.
2) For some reason my characters have started blocking when I tap instead of attacking half the time? Game hasn't done this is any other fight. Is that some Grodd power? Is there a way around it?
This keeps happening to me too in other fights. Its been happening since the update

fernoca

Multiverse is a single player mode and is basically arcade mode, but multiplied by 5..or 10. :p

Is divided by planets. One is called Battle Simulator, which indide has multiple ladders that unlock individual endings, survival and endless.

The other planets change depending on thr hour/day/week. Each has multiple ladders inside, with missions (beat X to proceed, pay X, sell X) or variables (fight upside down, no specials, fire, etc), that earn loot boxes, gear, currency.

There's the story mode which lasts around 3 hours, you can also create or join a guild and do missions to unlock more stuff.

There's an AI mode were you can customize an AI fighter to fight for you across different modes.

The whole customization aspect, tutorials, title cards...

Then there's the online side of things with lobbies, king of the hill, etc.

What do you spend money on?

Nothing really. Have 4,5 million credits and dont even wanna buy boxes because it takes a lifetime to open them and to sell your shit all the time just to get nothing really.

NRS really needs improve buy/open boxes and the gear inventory and how you sell shit.

Is there anyone on Twitch that mains Firestorm? I'm struggling to find people that use him well and show off their matches (not just combos). I can do most of his basic combos, but tech and dealing with certain situations is beyond me. Sucks because I really enjoy the character.

Even TYM is barren.

SmokeMaxX

I think the answer is obviously to get IJ2 if you're brand new to fighting games. It's much easier to get into and it will give you a foundation (more or less) for NRS games and eventually other 2D fighters. Tekken is a great game, but if you had to choose one, I'd go IJ2.

So glad A.I. exists just so I can send them on shit like the upside down multiverse. Who the hell thought that would be fun?

What about the one with the damn turrets that just appear out of nowhere to shoot you? It was like 5 little orbs that spawned, shot once and went away for about 5 seconds then came back. There was no flow whatsoever while doing that 5 fight challenge. They would appear, I would try to duck but they appear so often they usually just shot both me and my opponent down. Very annoying, not fun at all, and I'm not sure why its a thing.

Is there anyone on Twitch that mains Firestorm? I'm struggling to find people that use him well and show off their matches (not just combos). I can do most of his basic combos, but tech and dealing with certain situations is beyond me. Sucks because I really enjoy the character.

Even TYM is barren.

hitbox_godspeed has a good firestorm check him out.

_Legacy_

I cheesed the hell out of that Cheetah fight at level 10 to get the WW gear.

No regrets!

I cheesed at level 12. I just kept on using a basic combo > uppercut > lasso, worked like a treat. Fuck letting her get close enough to meter burn combo and take 50% of my health bar.

Top Bottom