• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

dubq

I gotta say, I am having a ton of fun playing as Darkseid. I thought for sure he was just going to be a clunky mess to play with, but damn, his combos are super fun to string together.

Is Supergirl like 50 years old technically?
This version of Supergirl is, yes. Well, they never specify how old Superman is, so perhaps not 50. But she was a teenager when he was born. Being in suspended animation for a few decades does wonders for your skin!

CDV13

has anyone beaten that scarecrow in the multiverse event eternal torment?

got 4 level 20 characters and cant beat em with any. Feels almost impossible

Did that have an assist? Cuz there was one Scarecrow fight with firestorm I believe that I cheesed so hard with Blue Beetle projectiles, assist, and flying spear blade lunge attack.

I felt so trash.

Did anyone else's WW event progress get reset? I did the first 3 three missions last night, and now it says I haven't done any and my WW is back at lv 3 (before I started). But I still have the all the gear I won, glitch?

Is Black Canary really supposed to be in the lowest tier? Lmao. I always end up maining the considered "worst" characters.
Check out Compbros (from GAF) Black Canary as used in Combo Breaker. Can't speak for super competitive tier lists but based on those performances i have no doubt a good Canary can mop the floor with most not playing at that level...

JAXXX

What ability does Superman unlock at Level 10?

Here you go...

Superman:

* Meteor Drop (20) - Superman flies into orbit, grabs a meteor, and smashes it into the head of the opponent, triggering Superman’s supermove. Makes supermove unblockable but does less damage. Replaces Final Flight Supermove, requires both ability slots.
* Empowered Heat Zap - Heat Zap can now be meter burned to increase damage and size.
* Air Heat Zap - Heat Zap can now be performed while airborne.
* Ground Tremor (10) - Punch the ground, creating a tremor that damages opponents. Meter burn creates a second tremor with increased range.
* Krypton Charge - With extreme speed, Superman delivers a powerful flying attack.

patchday

Is Black Canary really supposed to be in the lowest tier? Lmao. I always end up maining the considered "worst" characters.

surely tier lists are straight up worthless right now. Not paying attention to any balance/nerf complaints either til like 4-6 weeks after launch

like the other guy said Black Canary (or very own Compbros) was in the Top 8

I honestly havent viewed a single tier list.

delSai

Ah okay, thanks Jaxxx, was wondering why nothing unlocked when i reached 10 but turns out it was the ground punch which i already got from a Motherbox.

Rex Colt

Neo Member
Was getting bored with Atrocitus so I started messing around with Green Arrow. He is a blast. Great lines and the boxing glove arrow is my favorite thing in the game right now.

Realeza

Banned
The thing I'm having trouble as a Black Canary player is getting close to people spamming projectiles. Granted, I have only put like 10 hours into the game, but an Aquaman spammed a spear and tentacle so I couldn't touch him.

The thing I'm having trouble as a Black Canary player is getting close to people spamming projectiles. Granted, I have only put like 10 hours into the game, but an Aquaman spammed a spear and tentacle so I couldn't touch him.

Gotta block them and bulldog your way forward. Once they're in the corner, their options become limited. This also applies for most every character.

You can also "bet it all" by doing a level-3 scream when you think you have a read on their timings and use that to get in. Black Canary has some insane resets so you can quite literally take a whole health bar with 3-4 bars of meter.

You can get the Wonder Woman movie costume as Epic Gear right now through a Multiverse event.

If you look at the tweet I linked to, you'll see pictured a costume that WW has in the mobile game that she doesn't have in the console version. Also face/hair changes.

What tier is Green Lantern? His combos are easiest to pull off for me, probably going to main him.
Unless you're looking to be playing against pros, I wouldn't worry about his tier too much. Based on MKX, and as a VERY non-competitive player, I had a 65% win ratio in ranked with Mystic Ermac throughout the game, even when he was considered bottom 5 near the beginning. Knowing basic strategies, a few mix-ups, a decent couple of combos, but certainly not maximized for damage, punishes and your own game plan, you should be able to compete with any character against most of the field you will face online.

On top of that, I would expect the first balance patch to shift tier lists anyway. Best thing to do right now is get comfortable with overall strategies, and no harm in picking a character and learning them really well, knowing there may be some adjustments coming that make that character stronger or force you to move on to someone else.

eastx

If you look at the tweet I linked to, you'll see pictured a costume that WW has in the mobile game that she doesn't have in the console version. Also face/hair changes.

Ah, it would be cool if they'd give us that too. One factor might be that mobile content can easily be paid for with IAPs. Also, the assets don't have to be as high resolution.

Unless you're looking to be playing against pros, I wouldn't worry about his tier too much. Based on MKX, and as a VERY non-competitive player, I had a 65% win ratio in ranked with Mystic Ermac throughout the game, even when he was considered bottom 5 near the beginning. Knowing basic strategies, a few mix-ups, a decent couple of combos, but certainly not maximized for damage, punishes and your own game plan, you should be able to compete with any character against most of the field you will face online.

On top of that, I would expect the first balance patch to shift tier lists anyway. Best thing to do right now is get comfortable with overall strategies, and no harm in picking a character and learning them really well, knowing there may be some adjustments coming that make that character stronger or force you to move on to someone else.

Thanks. I will continue to practice his moves.

What/how should I be playing if I just want to collect a bunch of gear and play dress up with my heroes?
Multiverses. You'll get constant random drops after matches and more specific rewards (loot boxes or specific rare/epic gear per character). Play the ones you can beat, if you run into trouble, send an AI loadout into the match of the appropriate level. Usually a 30 combo/30 counter setting on your AI is enough to take out most fights without problem.

Permanently A

Multiverses. You'll get constant random drops after matches and more specific rewards (loot boxes or specific rare/epic gear per character). Play the ones you can beat, if you run into trouble, send an AI loadout into the match of the appropriate level. Usually a 30 combo/30 counter setting on your AI is enough to take out most fights without problem.

Is there a way to specifically get set gear pieces?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i just watched injustice 2 the movie on youtube.
what an cool story they could even make a movie out of it!

2:30 hours pretty cool not sure if i want the game after seeing this anymore tbh.
but that story and the facial animation wow..

Permanently A

Dang, transforming gear to make it customize looks without affecting stats costs source crystals :/

Guess I have to choose stats over looks now

Is there a way to specifically get set gear pieces?
It's mostly RNG, but sometimes character specific multiverses reward very specific gear. For example, the Wonder Woman one right now, if completed, gives out a full set of the movie gear which is all gear sets (bonuses for up to 5/5 pieces).

Otherwise, just keep all the gear set ones you get and remember that you can regenerate them to bring them up to level 20 or reroll the stats on them to make them more useful.

Good luck out there.

Top Bottom