• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Permanently A

It's mostly RNG, but sometimes character specific multiverses reward very specific gear. For example, the Wonder Woman one right now, if completed, gives out a full set of the move gear which is all gear sets (bonuses for up to 5/5 pieces).

Otherwise, just keep all the gear set ones you get and remember that you can regenerate them to bring them up to level 20 or reroll the stats on them to make them more useful.

Good luck out there.

Thanks, yeah what I need to do now is level all these dudes up...

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
oX5ttYC.jpg

Achievement stats (just wanted to highlight the hours spent in the game!), the in game hero card has the time played at 17 hours.

Basically 91 hours spent having the AI do the fighting haha.

Wow. Don't you have to hit a few buttons in AI mode though between matches? Or can you literally just keep the game going all day while at work? (I haven't bought IJ2 yet)

Xeteh

Wow. Don't you have to hit a few buttons in AI mode though between matches? Or can you literally just keep the game going all day while at work? (I haven't bought IJ2 yet)

You have to press a button to get through a few menus in between of AI matches but you can use a controller with turbo or even remote play to PC and use something to automate it there.

To people who've cleared Survivor on Medium+ with AI!Batman: How did you do it? What gear abilities did you have? Mine is stuck at 20-21 and keeps getting defeated there.

gatti-man

I accidentally left my gaf guild are there any guilds with openings?

This is seriously a huge design flaw to map X to accepting loot crates and then also to quick quit a guild. Like how did they not see this as an issue?

blackflag

I accidentally left my gaf guild are there any guilds with openings?

This is seriously a huge design flaw to map X to accepting loot crates and then also to quick quit a guild. Like how did they not see this as an issue?

I did the same exact thing and accidentally left guild 5.

Anyone have a spot? I think they already filled my spot.

Crowbear

I got this game kinda late and I'm having a blast with it, but now that I'm getting into the Multiverse grind I could also use a Guild with an open spot. Need more of those sweet boxes because the game has refused to give me any good Robin loot so far.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
To people who've cleared Survivor on Medium+ with AI!Batman: How did you do it? What gear abilities did you have? Mine is stuck at 20-21 and keeps getting defeated there.

What are your strength/defense ratings at? I find those are the two most important stats when it comes to doing AI builds, at least for most characters.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
2286/2022.

Will post my current build and gear if I lose the current session.

Priority for AI builds should be Defense > Strength > Ability > Health. Once defense and strength are over 2500, you're basically unstoppable. My Superman build is 2700 strength/2900 defense and can easily go 200-300 deep in Endless ladder.

Priority for AI builds should be Defense > Strength > Ability > Health. Once defense and strength are over 2500, you're basically unstoppable. My Superman build is 2700 strength/2900 defense and can easily go 200-300 deep in Endless ladder.
Endless is alright but Survivor is another thing. Taking too many shots can easily set you up to losing 10 fights later.

Cleared it on Easy but want everything on Medium or above...

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Endless is alright but Survivor is another thing. Taking too many shots can easily set you up to losing 10 fights later.

Cleared it on Easy but want everything on Medium or above...

Yeah, I'd just focus in on a pure defensive build then. I'll try it tonight and see if I can clear it.

oX5ttYC.jpg

Achievement stats (just wanted to highlight the hours spent in the game!), the in game hero card has the time played at 17 hours.

Basically 91 hours spent having the AI do the fighting haha.

Mine is the same. In game it says I've been playing 11 hours, my achievement page says I've been playing 30 hours... wut?

is there a website that has a live update on the multiverse loot?

would be great not to turn on the console every other hour to check for great gear or mother boxes. Well i miss 8 hours when i`m at work anyway but still.

V3rt1go

Bought the game today, it's amazing!

Any Guild PS4 I can join?

PS: I bought the Deluxe does it mean I get Starfire, Red Hood and Sub-Zero?

JJShadow

I've been playing this almost daily since release date and to my surprise, I have to say that this has easily become one of my favourite games from this gen. The most incredible thing is that I really dislike the fighting genre, I've tried several fighting games along the years but no one clicked with me... but this game is freaking amazing, I just love every single fight, and the loot and customization has me completely engaged

I've been playing this almost daily since release date and to my surprise, I have to say that this has easily become one of my favourite games from this gen. The most incredible thing is that I really dislike the fighting genre, I've tried several fighting games along the years but no one clicked with me... but this game is freaking amazing, I just love every single fight, and the loot and customization has me completely engaged
I get that. This is the first fighting game that's hooked me since the Soul Calibur series. Always had problems getting into them, but with this game I'm actually taking the time to learn proper mechanics and fighting game terms and shit. They've really outdone themselves with this I think.

Spinky

Mine is the same. In game it says I've been playing 11 hours, my achievement page says I've been playing 30 hours... wut?

Pretty sure the in-game timer only counts the time where you've actually been fighting.
Happened to me on PS4 too, my time played reset to 0 after 30 hours.
Mine was also reset. I thought it was just me, and might've had something to do with that glitch that gives you like 18 trillion unusable credits.

Voror

You can't turn Common or Rare gear into Epic, right? Got a bunch of Regen Tokens and was wondering if there was any point in using them on anything that wasn't Epic Gear.

bubumiao

You can't turn Common or Rare gear into Epic, right? Got a bunch of Regen Tokens and was wondering if there was any point in using them on anything that wasn't Epic Gear.
No.

Epics are really all you want. Rare are only good for leveling up towards level 20. Or perhaps cosmetically if that's your thing.

Pretty sure many of us have this same opinion. This game is special.

Q8D3vil

I already am thirsting for more characters. This game is my favorite fighter since SFA3 and that's really saying something.
Character variety is insane, my only turn offs are legacy character that have some really awkward animation like WW.
Game need balance though, some characters need a good ass nerf.

Voror

No.

Epics are really all you want. Rare are only good for leveling up towards level 20. Or perhaps cosmetically if that's your thing.

Thanks for confirming that. I'd been holding off on purging some of the Rare stuff in case that was a possibility and I'd missed it, but I'll start junking that stuff where it can be done.

Razmos

Yep me too. Fighting games have always been a big brick wall for me, I suck at them so bad and usually don't stick with one long enough to get good.

But with injustice 2 I'm actually starting to get somewhat decent, and I'm starting to actually string together combos, and block, and use meter burn. I'm really happy that a fighting game is finally clicking for me

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So getting really interested in this game, but didn't really enjoy the first outside of the story mode. I recall REALLY struggling with even basic combo timing windows.

Like in the tutorial of I1 you had a simple Batman combo you were tasked to do involving X,X,QCF+[]. I just could not manage to do it until after literally a couple dozen attempts, and even then could not reliably replicate it due to the timing window being so tight on the string practically requiring you to dial it all in far ahead of the animation scripting.

Similarly there was a tutorial for block reversals. I think it just tasked you to block->QCF+[] which always led to me blocking and my character being stuck in some locked animation and the follow up never working. Just could not manage to even parse if I was too late, too early, not inputting properly. No guidance, no support, just frustration and defeat. Ended up just walking away and shifting to other fighters.

Are the timing windows similar here? Also is there a mode similar to STARS missions in the first? (Felt it was one of the better solo modes as well in a fighter)

patchday

How playable is this on wifi?

good too me
so is this a better single player game than the first one

yes
Seeing the I2 faces, it's kinda hard to believe that Injustice was "the game with ugly faces" in the past lol

I've been playing IJ1 at work when I get a chance. Boy does IJ2 put that game to shame in that regard. Only reason I am messing around in IJ1 is to play with dudes that are not in IJ2 like Raven, Nightwing, Lobo, & Deathstroke. Man have their artists drastically improved since then

I'd say I miss the awesome intro video that IJ1 had tho. IJ2's intro with Batman standing at his computer is very dull. And yeah lots of interesting characters were in IJ1 Ultimate edition

sinkfla87

No.

Wait, you can't "transform" rare gear into epics using source crystals? I'm asking because I was wondering if I should be saving my cool looking rares lol.

patchday

Wait, you can't "transform" rare gear into epics using source crystals? I'm asking because I was wondering if I should be saving my cool looking rares lol.

no that is absolutely not what he is saying lol

Wait- unless you mean transmorgification. u can transmorg an epic to look like a rare

Top Bottom