• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Carm

Not only did they increase the bronze and silver box costs, it looks like they made the amount of items per box a fixed amount. I've opened almost 100 bronze and they only ever contain two items, 25 silver only contain 3 items. Close to 7000 bronze boxes opened now.

Also, no shaders or abilities dropped in those boxes, hopefully they didn't nerf the drop rate.

Not only did they increase the bronze and silver box costs, it looks like they made the amount of items per box a fixed amount. I've opened almost 100 bronze and they only ever contain two items, 25 silver only contain 3 items. Close to 7000 bronze boxes opened now.

Also, no shaders or abilities dropped in those boxes, hopefully they didn't need the drop rate.

As said on the last page, people on reddit are saying that abilities are now being considered epic, so they have been heavily nerfed on bronze boxes. Just as an extra fuck you to their fans.

Carm

As said on the last page, people on reddit are saying that abilities are now being considered epic, so they have been heavily nerfed on bronze boxes. Just as an extra fuck you to their fans.

That's awful, I should look up how many I'm missing. Did they do the same to shaders?

Some more gear for Red Hood

LQakiB4.jpg

KJ6HpCF.jpg

pewzxZ6.jpg

zZKKIoh.jpg

GgpBzd8.jpg

Mannnnn, now my secret is going to be broadcasted to the world. I'm a wifi pleb.
lol
This is 100% not surprising to me in the slightest.
Yeah, I guess it shouldn't be. It was the same on PS3 everyone was on wifi they just didn't admit it.
I wonder how many people have complained about connections over the years, sworn that they are on the greatest internet plan/wired in, but are now revealed to be the source of their own shitty experience. Classic.

That's the best thing about this. People can't hide it any more. I'm actually really glad they added that icon. Now having a feature on ranked that gives you the option to not accept opponents on wifi would be great too but I don't think they'd go that far.

ZeroX03

Banned

Also, no shaders or abilities dropped in those boxes, hopefully they didn't nerf the drop rate.

What the fuck.

NRS being massive dicks here. Making their content way harder to obtain. You know the fucked up thing? They're not even monetizing this. I would understand if you could spend real money to get boxes, at least then you're being assholes for profit. But this? Why would you want to alienate your player base even more? Look at how fast guilds dropped off. Casuals aren't going to stick with the game forever and turning it into a F2P grind (that you can't spend money on) helps nobody.

sinkfla87

What the fuck.

NRS being massive dicks here. Making their content way harder to obtain. You know the fucked up thing? They're not even monetizing this. I would understand if you could spend real money to get boxes, at least then you're being assholes for profit. But this? Why would you want to alienate your player base even more? Look at how fast guilds dropped off. Casuals aren't going to stick with the game forever and turning it into a F2P grind (that you can't spend money on) helps nobody.

Can't really disagree with you here. I've played the game for countless hours since launch, on both Xbox and PS4, and have never gotten my damn staff of Grayson lol. Feels like an artificial extension to the game's lifespan.

Alienous

What the fuck.

They're just moving slowly towards monetization. There's no way they went through the effort of a loot box system without having that in the plan.

C-Drive

If they want to change drop rates, guarantee ability and shader drops in plat or diamond boxes until you get them all, then replace those slots with epics.

ZeroX03

Banned
Abilities and shaders are linked. Considering you can buy shaders with real money, they aren't going to make them easier to get unless they separate the two.

They're just moving slowly towards monetization. There's no way they went through the effort of a loot box system without having that in the plan.

They can't do it for this game unless they release a F2P version. The backlash would be tremendous. They were very clear about micro transactions being cosmetic only. But future titles, certainly .

Khezu

What would even be the point?
By the time they get around to it, no one outside of very hardcore NRS players are even going to be playing it.
Putting out Microtransatctions would kill what ever little future the game even has.

Jocund

Atom is fucking boooooooooooooooring. Blech.

And that Red Hood customization is kinda weak. Tired of the "____, now with added vests/pouches/armor pads!" philosophy of design here. Gimme more jackets.

Alienous

They can't do it for this game unless they release a F2P version. The backlash would be tremendous. They were very clear about micro transactions being cosmetic only. But future titles, certainly .

Perhaps, but I won't underestimate their ability to add micro-transactions. I wouldn't be surprised if raising loot box prices, and 'nerfing' their contents, is followed by allowing players to pay real money for increased rates of acquiring credits.

Tyaren

Don't know if anyone else noticed yet, but there is now an option to completely disable the HUD in customization mode, they call it "photo mode":

34739246920_027e79a8eb_o.png

You unfortunately can't zoom in though...just spin the character.

Khezu

Perhaps, but I won't underestimate their ability to add micro-transactions. I wouldn't be surprised if raising loot box prices, and 'nerfing' their contents, is followed by allowing players to pay real money for increased rates of acquiring credits.

I assumed they did it because they were way to cheap considering the amount of credits you get.

1k was kind of a joke.

Nerfing the contents is fucked though.

Carm

Well, if this google doc is correct for the all the dropped abilities I'm missing 44 abilities out of 184. And if I counted the shaders right, not counting premium shaders, I'm missing 67 out of 432 shaders.

I should have spent more time opening boxes instead of playing g Tekken =x.

patchday

What the fuck.

yeah cant help but agree even tho I been ignoring the shitty loot boxes for quite awhile.

so glad I didnt pony up for ultimate

f@luS

More than a member.
I think I'll stop playing as much when I finish level up all my characters. 3 more be level 20.
Lots are annoying. I can finish a full set just got 2 of them.
400 unopened bronze box. I'm supposed to sit in front of the tv for 10 hours ? Can't even use the script to open them u need to keep pressing .....
It's really annoying

Carm

Abilities and shaders are linked. Considering you can buy shaders with real money, they aren't going to make them easier to get unless they separate the two.

Er, the only shaders you can buy with real money are the premium ones that change the characters into another character, color swap shaders can't be purchased with real money.

Edit: Ignore me, above isn't correct, brain fart.

And the premium skins do not drop from boxes.

I can confirm that getting an ability triggers the same gold burst and sound effect over the wire frame character as getting an epic after the patch. I don't know if it was like that beforehand.

bubumiao

Er, the only shaders you can buy with real money are the premium ones that change the characters into another character, color swap shaders can't be purchased with real money.

And the premium skins do not drop from boxes.
I'm pretty sure you can buy most shaders for 4000 source crystals, not just premium ones.

ZeroX03

Banned
Just saw they nerfed rares that people already own. Yes, it was silly to have rares that had 400+ total stats, that should have been epic tier stats, but nerfing gear people already own is another kick to the dick. What is NRS doing? If anything the gear system needed to be more generous.

Guessing Red Hood's still locked out? My console says I have everything downloaded but he's still not on the character select and locked from customization.

patchday

Well I called it before the game released the gear system was going to be an awful rngfest in that 'Injustice 2 Roster' thread. as soon as they announced gear system I knew I was only going to buy base game and mostly stick to ranked.

The purpose of a 'skinner box' like this is to keep people running treadmill to keep us occupied til all the DLC content is released. After all DLCs is out maybe they will reduce the awful grind but by then people will have opened like 1 mil+ boxes lmao

edit- by grind I just mean the tedious task of opening thousands of loot boxes in one sitting. I just cant do it so been ignoring that part of the game plus its horrible trying to clear your inventory. just no thought given to Quality of Life

bubumiao

I'm sitting on around 1.5 million credits so I was thinking of unplugging my ethernet cord from my PS4 before turning it on then spending my credits on bronze boxes. Someone said you don't get money for selling gear offline though. So if I have a ton of boxes I'd need to constantly go into inventory and sell all my garbage gear (just to make room for the new gear from the boxes, nevermind all the credits I won't be paid since I'd need to do this all offline to avoid the patch). That sounds like a huge pain in the ass. Maybe I won't do that. Anyone have a better idea?

Noted and corrected, brain not worky to gewd today.
It happens. :)

Carm

Just saw they nerfed rares that people already own. Yes, it was silly to have rares that had 400+ total stats, that should have been epic tier stats, but nerfing gear people already own is another kick to the dick. What is NRS doing? If anything the gear system needed to be more generous.

I don't really mind that change, I understand how it would irritate some people but without changing all of it, there would be little incentive to change it out. Epics weren't gonna get a stat boost from my mmo experience devs almost always nerf down instead of buffing items heh.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm sitting on around 1.5 million credits so I was thinking of unplugging my ethernet cord from my PS4 before turning it on then spending my credits on bronze boxes. Someone said you don't get money for selling gear offline though. So if I have a ton of boxes I'd need to constantly go into inventory and sell all my garbage gear (just to make room for the new gear from the boxes, nevermind all the credits I won't be paid since I'd need to do this all offline to avoid the patch). That sounds like a huge pain in the ass. Maybe I won't do that. Anyone have a better idea?

No you don't get credits for selling gear, but you'd save way more money buying for 1000 and selling for nothing than buying for 5000 and selling for a small amount. I'm not sure if you miss out on regen tokens, but you'd be selling mostly commons that aren't eligible anyway.

I don't really mind that change, I understand how it would irritate some people but without changing all of it, there would be little incentive to change it out. Epics weren't gonna get a stat boost from my mmo experience devs almost always nerf down instead of up heh.

There was no need to nerf existing gear. None of it was broken. Just make the change apply to gear moving on.

patchday

Man they better be glad the rest of the game is great (well at least for me). If you can ignore the poorly implemented RPG elements I'd recommend the game.

And when I play casual if someone wants to turn off gear stats I have always agreed so far

I do like my WW super ability though I cant lie. I made out like a boss

aly

I like that Red Hood gear but still hoping for Arkham stuff. Also lol screw Green Arrow getting a Hood because they gave all of them to Jason I guess.

ZeroX03

Banned
It might actually be worth using mother box glitches now that they're messing with the economy.

Also with the rare nerf, they might as well add a sell all commons and all rares button. There's no reason to want blues anymore other than their visuals to transmog.

Shaders might be decoupled from abilities as I just had a shader come up as common.

This is even stranger. Yeah there's more shaders than abilities, but shaders are the ones you can actually pay for. Why make abilities even harder to get while leaving shaders the same? Not a damn clue what NRS are doing.

FHIZ

Just got two abilities in one platinum box (neither the Catwoman one, of course) so yeah, I'm guessing they got bumped to higher tier boxes.

Memory

Bronze boxes were broken so i'm not surprised, there was no point opening any other box so it needed a nerf imo. Just see it as 1k epic filled bronzes being a reward for being an early adopter lol.

That said I've got 4 shaders and 2 abilities today from opening just 10 or so golds. I wonder if they upped the rate?

Two major things missing from this patch are:

1. The ability to buy and open boxes en masse
2. The ability to sell gear with a preview, i want to see what styles i'm selling without flicking back and forth.

I also don't like that they called it the June patch, does that mean we are only getting patches every month?

I just spent 2 mil in gold boxes. Got 3 abilities early on but nothing afterwords. I also got one shader. The amount of times I got 2 greys and a blue out of a single gold box made me want to throw a controller through the screen.

patchday

Just got two abilities in one platinum box (neither the Catwoman one, of course) so yeah, I'm guessing they got bumped to higher tier boxes.

Yeah I was thinking making abilities epic might be a good thing. Opening a gold box should be exciting

I was already buying gold boxes cause I never liked opening bronzes. Granted, I only opened like 20-30 boxes overall a day or so.

RedHill

Banned
Am I stupid or is their no system to be able to easily tell when there's two identical pieces of gear in the inventory for space purposes? Seems like a major misstep.

And how the hell would Atom even play?? The hit boxes would be a nightmare for any conceivable moveset.

Khezu

Am I stupid or is their no system to be able to easily tell when there's two identical pieces of gear in the inventory for space purposes? Seems like a major misstep.

And how the hell would Atom even play?? The hit boxes would be a nightmare for any conceivable moveset.

My best guess is if he is in the game, he will just have really flashy combo strings that involve him shrinking.

And some obvious specials, like a shrink "teleport" and stuff like that.

Just lots of flashy animations to hide the limitations of actually having a small character.

Top Bottom