• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

J-Tier

Enchantress is a great character. If all you've seen is Suicide Squad, that's your own fault, she's got lots of potential.
Not that NRS can be trusted.

She'll probably kill any chances of Constantine getting in the future. We've already got Doctor Fate, so having Enchantress lowers his chances too much for my comfort.

Mera on the other hand is a water bender. Her potential is just as endless as Enchantress's.

Did they make boxes more or less expensive?

I haven't bought a single box...been hoarding. I have like 2 million credits right now.

Bronze went from 1000 to 5000. Silver went from 5000 to 10,000. Gold stayed the same at 25,000.

I could be wrong but from my understanding Gold is now the most efficient box to purchase.

ZeroX03

Banned

I haven't bought a single box...been hoarding. I have like 2 million credits right now.

They made the box rates, and made abilities an epic drop instead of a common. Yes, you were punished for hoarding!

Drop it all on Gold before things become even worse, I guess?

So on the Quick Death multiverse, the level 15 Destroy All event seems to give a Platinum box every time you do it. It's only up for another 52 minutes though.

So on the Quick Death multiverse, the level 15 Destroy All event seems to give a Platinum box every time you do it. It's only up for another 52 minutes though.

The True Hero event in the Walking Strong multiverse seems to be the same thing and it's active for another 2 hours and 20 minutes. You can also get a pretty good amount of credits from it as well. My second time doing it is giving me a regen token, platinum box and 55k credits.

sinkfla87

And that is exactly why I stick to ranked.

I'm actually surprised by this because 99 percent of the time in player matches, when I initiate competitive mode most people are good sports and enable it with me haha. Had fun playing you and Compbros the other night! I'm ready to level up and compete... Well not ready but I don't think I'm THAT awful lol*.

*fishing for compliments*
I definitely need to devote more time to ranked.

bubumiao

Just opened like 600+ bronze boxes. I've never bought a box until tonight. I didn't realize you couldn't even buy more than one at a time. Not a very fun night.

The True Hero event in the Walking Strong multiverse seems to be the same thing and it's active for another 2 hours and 20 minutes. You can also get a pretty good amount of credits from it as well. My second time doing it is giving me a regen token, platinum box and 55k credits.

My second time doing it looks to give 2 platinum boxes. Huh. I would have thought that rewards were fixed.
edit: 3rd will be Platinum + 15k

acidagfc

Not trying to start a flame, but what is the difference between wifi and wired, considering my 800Mbit ac router is in the same room as my ps4 and it uses 5GHz range, so there is no interference from neighbours either?

sinkfla87

Not trying to start a flame, but what is the difference between wifi and wired, considering my 800Mbit ac router is in the same room as my ps4 and it uses 5GHz range, so there is no interference from neighbours either?

Honestly I've played people on WiFi with better connections than some wired. Obviously, people will always prefer wired because there will be less of a chance of running into problems but I'm a pleb and play on WiFi frequently when I'm at work and have had some amazing games with no lag. The netcode is fucking amazing which is funny considering how bad the online used to be in NRS games. SFV is still a mess half the time for me (even on wired).

https://www.howtogeek.com/217463/wi-fi-vs.-ethernet-how-much-better-is-a-wired-connection/
Code:
In summary, with Wi-Fi, there's a bit more of a delay when signals travel back and forth between a Wi-Fi device and your wireless router. With a wired Ethernet connection, there's much less latency.

When it comes to latency, you want as little variance as possible and everything to be as fast as possible. Wi-Fi can be fast but it can "fluctuate" at times. Not noticeable in shooters and server based games, but for fighting games where every ms matters, you want everything to be as fast as possible.

Hex

Banned

Well, I will make it very simple for you.
Plug your pc or your PS4 directly to your modem with nothing else connected.
Do 3 speedtests on your ISP speedtest site or Ookla.

Then connect on wifi like you normally do and do the speedtests, 3 of them and compare them.
How do you know that there is no interference? Do you run wireshark and walk around your house?
5Ghz is not a magic bullet, many things use it. Some cordless phones use it, some wireless speakers use it
I work for an ISP and it is the #1 most irritating thing I used to have to deal with when I did residential.
Me "Are you hardwired to your modem"
"What does that matter"
Me: I will explain as we go
"It is connected like I always have it
Me: "You did call because you are having issues right?"
"yes"
Me: Those issues are happening while it is in its current configuration?"
"uh I guess"
Me: "Progress" so are you hardwired to our modem..?
"No"

Hostile_18

Banned
A bit off putting they have raised the price of the boxes, it's not like getting all the various unlocks were happening too fast before...

acidagfc

Well, I will make it very simple for you.
Plug your pc or your PS4 directly to your modem with nothing else connected.
Do 3 speedtests on your ISP speedtest site or Ookla.

Then connect on wifi like you normally do and do the speedtests, 3 of them and compare them.
How do you know that there is no interference? Do you run wireshark and walk around your house?
5Ghz is not a magic bullet, many things use it. Some cordless phones use it, some wireless speakers use it
I work for an ISP and it is the #1 most irritating thing I used to have to deal with when I did residential.

I work in IT support myself, I know how it feels when customer is telling that "it had worked this way since forever and only started failing minutes ago", so the issue is obviously on my side :D

Still, I doubt that a light fluctuation in signal strength within my apartment will have as much impact as the connection between mine and my opponent's ISPs.

Spinky

STOP LYING TO ME.
DBoZCSwWAAAAMsP.jpg:large

Character shows up on the character select screen. Big pop up that says RED HOOD AVAILABLE NOW.

Not actually available. Come on NRS, stop teasing.

I really hope I can get the base Red Hood but with a chest variant that has his red symbol. Hopefully I won't have to sacrifice his jacket in order to do so.

Can't fucking wait for him to be released.

eizarus

Banned
Fucking Aquaman. Trying to beat him in a guild challenge and it's just trident rush spam for days.

Edit: finally got him. Had to switch from Supes to GL.

patchday

woke up this morning and opened 2 bronze and 1 gold box. I think all 3 gave abilities. these were boxes my poison ivy farmed from her multiverse

edit- Yep, Just purchased 2 Gold boxes and 1 of them dropped an ability. I guess NRS does like us cause the drop rate seems better for abilities. And now I finally feel encouraged to spend my millions. Thanks NRS good patch I guess.

probably a lot more variety in hero/villains in Casual then ranked. but think most casuals are intimidated by ranked ladders

Also far as I know ranked doesnt grant any rewards at all? If it gave up plat boxes for like 10 wins it would get farmed constantly

https://www.howtogeek.com/217463/wi-fi-vs.-ethernet-how-much-better-is-a-wired-connection/
Code:
In summary, with Wi-Fi, there's a bit more of a delay when signals travel back and forth between a Wi-Fi device and your wireless router. With a wired Ethernet connection, there's much less latency.

When it comes to latency, you want as little variance as possible and everything to be as fast as possible. Wi-Fi can be fast but it can "fluctuate" at times. Not noticeable in shooters and server based games, but for fighting games where every ms matters, you want everything to be as fast as possible.

I switch to wired so I can run ps4 remote play reliably myself. Need to get actual ethernet cables run through my house. right now wired through the power lines but its not as stable as true ethernet cables

I'm saving at least 1 mil for Red Hood drop. Actually will probably hoard 2 mil.

I've had a ton of abilities in motherboxes since the patch, I think it might be because there are fewer epic pieces compared to all the slight variations of armor with common, so the chances end up being higher. Which isn't to say that it might not have been cheaper pre-patch with bronze motherboxes but I don't think it's quite as bleak as it first appeared.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've had a ton of abilities in motherboxes since the patch, I think it might be because there are fewer epic pieces compared to all the slight variations of armor with common, so the chances end up being higher. Which isn't to say that it might not have been cheaper pre-patch with bronze motherboxes but I don't think it's quite as bleak as it first appeared.

Well I've opened 3k bronze boxes, I guess it's time to patch and hope this is true lol.

Skilletor

I'm actually surprised by this because 99 percent of the time in player matches, when I initiate competitive mode most people are good sports and enable it with me haha. Had fun playing you and Compbros the other night! I'm ready to level up and compete... Well not ready but I don't think I'm THAT awful lol*.

*fishing for compliments*
I definitely need to devote more time to ranked.

Nobody ever agrees to turn it on with me.

This is why I don't bother to play the game online except with friends. Gear has ruined my online experience.

ZeroX03

Banned
Patched my game. The 1.2 million or whatever credits I spent today was all added back to me like that other poster, and I kept all the gear I earned too. Cracking a few million worth of gold now.

ZeroX03

Banned
I've opened a million worth of gold boxes and have had one ability drop and no shaders. Yeah. Realllllllllllly great change there.

Wait, what is this now?

If you went offline before patching, bought a bunch of stuff, then updated your game, you got your money back. It's just how the game is weird at syncing online. All of my loadouts are no longer up to date though.

vg260

If you went offline before patching, bought a bunch of stuff, then updated your game, you got your money back. It's just how the game is weird at syncing online. All of my loadouts are no longer up to date though.

Interesting. I spent a ton last night, and got a bunch of shaders and abilities. Maybe I should deplete more of my coins. It was time-consuming as heck, so maybe not worth it. I was getting good results, but after a few hundred k, it really started to dry up with bronze boxes.

sinkfla87

Nobody ever agrees to turn it on with me.

This is why I don't bother to play the game online except with friends. Gear has ruined my online experience.

Sorry to hear that :(. I think they should actually make competitive mode the default mode and have you DISABLE it from the pre match options instead.

I wish there was a separate mode (from current player and ranked) where we can fuck around with abilities but turn gear stats off... But that's a no go as they've already shot that idea down. The closest thing I can think of too that would be to keep the base OG gear you start with at level 1 (which has no stats) and use that to make a loadout for a character and equip abilities that way.

Edit: I still haven't had the pleasure of playing with you on this game, 2n2! :(

ZeroX03

Banned
Interesting. I spent a ton last night, and got a bunch of shaders and abilities. Maybe I should deplete more of my coins. It was time-consuming as heck, so maybe not worth it. I was getting good results, but after a few hundred k, it really started to dry up with bronze boxes.

Whoops, hold the breaks on that, the server updated again and my money plummeted lol.

These gold boxes aren't having a noticeable impact. I spent 1.5million and I pulled 3 abilities. I would've got 5x that from bronze boxes. NRS fucked us, folks.

vg260

Edit: I still haven't had the pleasure of playing with you on this game, 2n2! :(

I know! I've gotten too hung up on all the leveling/collecting first. It's kind of a pitfall with NR games for me. But, I've actually been doing a lot of other work I've been needing to do, which the game would probably distract me from, so I've just been leveling/grinding in the background, which kills two birds with one stone. I think I've just been watching streams so much, it feels like a continuation. I'm hoping to start getting online next week.

Whoops, hold the breaks on that, the server updated again and my money plummeted lol.

These gold boxes aren't having a noticeable impact. I spent 1.5million and I pulled 3 abilities. I would've got 5x that from bronze boxes. NRS fucked us, folks.

Blech.

patchday

not me, I've had much better luck post patch. granted I only opened like 20 boxes which was a mix of Gold/Bronze.

I normally dont spend my money I just open the boxes I get from fighting. I will always find opening crates rather dull compared to fighting online (which is reason I bought the game)

I think I've bought ONE Motherbox. I don't know why, but I just don't want to spend my credits.

yeah save it yo'. I am banking at least 2 mil for DLC drops so I can deck them out with epics asap

sinkfla87

I know! I've gotten too hung up on all the leveling/collecting first. It's kind of a pitfall with NR games for me. But, I've actually been doing a lot of other work I've been needing to do, which the game would probably distract me from, so I've just been leveling/grinding in the background, which kills two birds with one stone. I think I've just been watching streams so much, it feels like a continuation. I'm hoping to start getting online next week.

Blech.

Well let me know whenever you do go online and we can play :). I don't think I'm quitting any time soon haha. AI battles are a Godsend. Make dinner and come back to a level 20 wonder woman!

delSai

Lets agree on a name for the new guild and i'll make it. Hall/Fortress of L's? If you guys got any other ideas just post 'em.

If Atom is Ryan Choi, I'll be fine with his inclusion.

Enchantress is lame, hope it's not her.

Guest characters in this game can suck it. I will forever hate Raider getting in over Static or, hell, any other DC character.

patchday

Lets agree on a name for the new guild and i'll make it. Hall/Fortress of L's? If you guys got any other ideas just post 'em.

GAF All-Stars since this meant for folks really wanting to farm guild points and such.

just an idea

[edit] Not sure bout the 1,000 Source Crystals though people are just saying they got it from Guild-verse #3. I still would like to join an all-star guild though where everyone contributes to at least 1 event

JAXXX

If Atom is Ryan Choi, I'll be fine with his inclusion.

Enchantress is lame, hope it's not her.

Guest characters in this game can suck it. I will forever hate Raider getting in over Static or, hell, any other DC character.

I dont follow DC closely but why are Enchantress and Mera so popular?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
She'll probably kill any chances of Constantine getting in the future. We've already got Doctor Fate, so having Enchantress lowers his chances too much for my comfort.

Well, if he's anything like most of his depictions, JC shouldn't use that much magic. He's more likely to bottle someone than actually cast a spell.

patchday

* just got my final Batman ability from a Silver chest. Atrocitous putting in work in his multiverse and earning boxes

Alright gotta run to work now

Just rerolled an epic to 545 agility. That's the highest I've ever seen a single stat. Anyone seen higher?

nope

Top Bottom