• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Is there any way to turn this touchpad shit off on the PS4? My stick doesn't have one and I don't want to have to keep turning my controller on and off to press one button.

Dubz

Idk if it's just been a bit since I played MKX, or what, but doing combos in this seems infinitely harder than MK was or other fighters Ive ever played.

Something just feels... off. Anyone else experiencing this? I hit a lot of them in consistently in practice, then I went to try it against multiverse AI and it was drop city... even with braindead AI. Same thing in the story. I feel like it's a slight input delay perhaps? I have to over commit, can't go for a hit confirm, and double tap everything to make sure it hits.

Using a legacy arcade stick if that makes a difference.

Are you in HDR? There's definitely some lag if you are.

Fighter Pack 1 Icons
q7fkixmysyxy.jpg

I need my Jason, NRS. Gimme a release date.

Holy Jesus I can't stand playing as Green Lantern

hah, we're total opposites. I really enjoy him, liked him in the first game and was elated when he was announced for the 2nd game.

I already got lucky with a loot box because it had an epic lantern for my level that increases credits/ guild credits.

Definitely glad that there are so many ring color choices in this game.

Curious. how many chapters are in the story? Wondering how far into it I am already

So I seem to be able to do combos with move cancels with Batman most of the time easily, but in learning Canary I start a combo and always end up cancelling into her counter, not what I want to come out.

Can't figure out where I'm going wrong, unless it's an assist in the controls menu screwing with me?

So I seem to be able to do combos with move cancels with Batman most of the time easily, but in learning Canary I start a combo and always end up cancelling into her counter, not what I want to come out.

Can't figure out where I'm going wrong, unless it's an assist in the controls menu screwing with me?

Try turning off Negative Edge and, if it's there, Input Shortcuts in the options menu.

Dartastic

PLEASE TELL ME YOU GUYS ARE WATCHING THE PR ROG STREAM RIGHT NOW AHAHAHAH

He just got some guy who was new and who was complaining in the mic, so funny.

Sent an invite to the guild

Only fought two randoms so far but I more or less rolled over them. Getting a lot of mileage out of teleport punch MB combos with Supergirl

BSpot

Got busy and only got around to playing this evening. A couple of musings...

1) It's totally crazy to see Batman and Damian(Robin) fight. It's especially surreal seeing Batman's super move used on him. Just kinda like, whoa.

2) I know there's been a lot said about the fight animations, etc... but has anyone noticed that the movement (camera, 'film-speed' whatever) in the cutscenes is kind of jerky?

Finding that one to be a little bit of a nuisance.

Otherwise, this game is the real deal.

[edit] Also while I'm at it... I don't really understand the Clash mechanics. Can someone explain?

Xeteh

Scarecrow for sure. Also looking at either Poison Ivy or Black Canary as a secondary.

Played Black Canary a bit, she seems like a lot of fun. I still want to learn Cheetah but I'm lost with her atm, Harley is still awesome and a lot of stuff for her is the same as the first game.

YaBish

Seen a lot on the internet of people complaining about zoning. That's part of why I wanted to try out Canary more, because her handspring dodges projectiles to get her in close where she can deal her damage.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
So the story starts off retconning/neutering one of the Injustice comics' best moments.

Fucking meh.

Xeteh

Seen a lot on the internet of people complaining about zoning. That's part of why I wanted to try out Canary more, because her handspring dodges projectiles to get her in close where she can deal her damage.

Its like this with each release of MK and Injustice. People aren't willing to learn to deal with it. In the first Injustice I mained Harley but when my buddy picked up Deathstroke I couldn't figure out a consistent way to get in. So I picked up Catwoman and solved that problem for myself.

ZeroX03

Banned
Ugh had no idea replaying chapters would wipe your progress up until that point. I assume it doesn't do it after you've beaten the story once but yeah really annoying.

Rokal

Is anyone having trouble redeeming their DLC code that came with their Ultimate Edition? The PS store is telling me the code is invalid. I redeemed Darkseid earlier today with no issue.

I was getting this error earlier. I just got an email from WB CS saying that it should be fixed now, and was indeed able to redeem my Ult Edition Key.

I actually have a hard time using her handspring to dodge stuff online. Kept getting tagged by Deadshot. Not sure if I'm timing it wrong. Still, once you get in his face you can just go to town with BF1 MB combos, so I guess it's a fair trade. Plus level 3 trait is a free get in tool if you land it.

YaBish

I actually have a hard time using her handspring to dodge stuff online. Kept getting tagged by Deadshot. Not sure if I'm timing it wrong. Still, once you get in his face you can just go to town with BF1 MB combos, so I guess it's a fair trade. Plus level 3 trait is a free get in tool if you land it.
I was honestly surprised the first time I used level 3 Canary cry for no reason other than how long it lasts. It's great for setup for sure.

Good luck on those handsprings. Haven't jumped online yet myself.

Wallach

Yeah, like I said a few days before release, you're going to see zoners do really well the first couple weeks. Injustice has some actual zoning characters that new or casual players are going to run face first into.

Geeky

You can unlock Grid, a Premier Skin for Cyborg. The most recent trailer stated you can also unlock gear for the console version, but there hasn't been clarification on what that means.

Cool, thanks. I unlocked Grid, but if that is the only thing it will unlock I think I will be deleting the app this weekend. I've already hit a bottleneck and I ain't paying $40 for a three star character to speed past it.

Did anyone else think Dr Fate was voiced by Lance Henriksen (Bishop in Aliens)? I had to check and was surprised to see it wasn't.

It's like this in every fighting game on new release. New people get it, get got by the cheese mechanics and instead of taking a second to ask how to get around it, they complain. It's especially prominent in Netherrealm games partly cause hardcore zoning is a legit tool to win in this game, but mostly because of how many non fighting game fans they draw in.

A lot of characters have ways to get around them from what I've seen in the form of dodges, augmented jumps/air movement, or even shields.

Also the free Grid skin from the mobile game is just -kisses fingertips- so good. Love that character despite not liking exactly how Cyborg plays.

How does one apply to join the gaf guild on PS4? I'm profile level 5 and can look up the guild with 3Pass but there's no button prompt besides Back when I look it up and doesn't seem to be full yet but close.

How does one apply to join the gaf guild on PS4? I'm profile level 5 and can look up the guild with 3Pass but there's no button prompt besides Back when I look it up and doesn't seem to be full yet but close.

You need to join the second Guild. The details are at the top of the previous page.

Edit:
ID: E8WS5

Is there any way to turn this touchpad shit off on the PS4? My stick doesn't have one and I don't want to have to keep turning my controller on and off to press one button.
Yeah go to options then turn on pause delay and just hold the the options buttons in practice to reset state

Unfortunately for KOTH you have to hit options during the intro and turn it to full screen

Anybody with a character at level 20 know how many source crystals it takes to boost other characters?

Also what are you cats spending your credits on?

DrBo42

Anybody with a character at level 20 know how many source crystals it takes to boost other characters?

Also what are you cats spending your credits on?
10,000 to level.

Just finished solo campaign. Can someone tell me how to get alternate ending? Also rip to my left thumb.
Go into story mode/chapters and fight with whoever is in gray.

I love this game! I'll join gaf guild when I'm level 5 but how do you unlock brainiac?
Complete the story.

DrBo42

Damn gotta do entire campaign again? Also in gray? Like at the selections for when you pick who to fight with?

Yeah you just select the specific fights that had an alternate. You don't have to sit through the entire thing. Do the fight and exit to menu, repeat.

This game and any NRS game really seems fine with a pad, but is anyone else trying to use their stick? I've played mostly stick so far with this game, and while it is hands down my preference in most fighting games, I'm not sure I'm gonna stick with it. NRS games just feel a bit more comfortable on a pad to me...

Top Bottom