• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Q8D3vil

Ok wow. so Multiverse mode has story spoilers?
I just did a Multiverse thing where the final opponent was Braniac, and in the little cutscene after it said Clark was in the Phantom Zone. is that a story spoiler. Well FUCK if it is.
It is a spoiler.
Better play story mode first, or dont play battle simulator since its equavilant to arcade mode.

bubumiao

I'm just knocking off a couple of ranked matches, then I'll approve your request.

Thanks! The second guild filled up quick too :p

Gonna try to do a lot more tomorrow night. I'm still getting used to the controls. Using Dr. Fate, he's so cool, but really confusing me how to use him effectively. Can't wait to play more, this game looks so good, it's really amazing.

Does this game play like MKX?

It has similar stuff but it feels very different.

It has a hold back to block system like SF/KoF instead of hold down a button. It has more movement options. Aerial mobility is more a thing for certain characters.

If you can, try playing the first Injustice. It'll give you a much better idea of how the series plays.
They didn't have comp mode on for the vid so it won't always do that much. Unless you always play vs people 3 levels under you anyway.
Oh dang, i didn't even notice that. Thanks.

She's still Best Girl.

Have there been any issues with achievements and/or trophies?

I have 10 Ranked wins, but the trophy hasn't unlocked. I confirmed this via the Hero Card stats and background/icon unlocks.

Hasney

Sent a request to the second psn guild. Looks like it's at 49. :x

50 is way too low.

Ha, I was just coming to ask if it was best joining a small or massively popular guild for the rewards, but with a 50 limit, that kind of answers my question.

Wonderful that EU people get screwed from joining their first choice guild with the delay. Another wonderful WB decision!

Ha, I was just coming to ask if it was best joining a small or massively popular guild for the rewards, but with a 50 limit, that kind of answers my question.

Wonderful that EU people get screwed from joining their first choice guild with the delay. Another wonderful WB decision!

I believe the Giant Bomb Guild filled within a couple of hours of launch. Our Guilds haven't filled up as quickly. Someone just needs to create "GAFs House of Ls 3" and we'll have another 50 positions available. I'm guessing the Guild challenges are balanced around Guilds having 50 members. Having more than that might make it too easy to complete the Boss challenges, etc.

shaowebb

Holy shit is this game addicting. Story is great. Played for several hours last night and i'm only 1/3rd through. Plus it has replay because some scenes you gotta choose who to play as and it changes if you choose the other dude. Multiverse is fun and nets me loot, and collecting gear and motherboxes is really hooking me in.

I think this formula is just what fighting games has been needing to keep Fighting games seen as a good value...LOTS of single player content and tons to collect and unlock by playing them more. Customizing my fighter is so damn fun.

f@luS

More than a member.
Amazing game. Didn't start story yet. I just wish there was no timer on multiverse it disturb my agenda. Lol

But wow. My PS4 pro is making more noise than in horizon

OsirisBlack

Banned
Game is really fun enjoying darkseid and aqua man quite a lot. Ultimate edition ps4 code still not working .... they had better fix this shit pronto. Give me what I paid for wb.

Malrend

I believe the Giant Bomb Guild filled within a couple of hours of launch. Our Guilds haven't filled up as quickly. Someone just needs to create "GAFs House of Ls 3" and we'll have another 50 positions available. I'm guessing the Guild challenges are balanced around Guilds having 50 members. Having more than that might make it too easy to complete the Boss challenges, etc.

Inb4 "GAFs House of Ls EU" needs to be made on Friday.

... I might be a bit salty.. Just a bit.

FHIZ

Yeah, balance is the only reason I can see that low limit being a thing, but it really should be retooled, because you've got places like here, GiantBomb, etc, that have way more than 50 who'd like to be in a guild. I feel like they should just have size tiers.

JJShadow

Really excited for this, I'll be getting the game on Friday and even if I suck at fighting games, that amount of SP content will keep me busy for a while

What I don't really understand is how the Guild system works, could anyone explain it to me? Is it kind of a PvE component? Does it matter if I'm pretty bad at fighting games in order to join one?

Had a 35-9 Brainiac quit on me in the player select screen when I picked Harley in ranked. I see that anti-zoner bias is still strong. >_> Still got to the 10-0 marker I was aiming for though.

The netcode feels surprisingly great. After MK9, Injustice 1, and MKX on PC (never played XL) I was expecting the worst even after people were touting how great the new system felt. Glad to see I was wrong. Now I just need to find a sub. Learning characters in games with string normals is incredibly daunting for me, since I never quite know what to throw out in neutral and when with how big the movesets are. I have the same problem in Tekken.

What I don't really understand is how the Guild system works, could anyone explain it to me? Is it kind of a PvE component? Does it matter if I'm pretty bad at fighting games in order to join one?

Guild stuff is almost entirely PvE, except for certain daily goals that the group works concurrently towards for awards. Some of those are things like "win 150 player matches total as a guild" and the like. Otherwise, it's basically just a discussion hub and a multiverse (which is pretty much World Tour mode if you ever played SFA3, or arcade ladders with gimmicks if you haven't) with a buddy system. Leaderboards, certain ladders allow you to to send assists and help out other guild members currently running them, and things like that. Just more opportunities for more gear boxes, basically.

jg4xchamp

Watched all the cutscenes because not the biggest fan of NRS fighting engines. My inner DC nerd is irritated by how certain characters are handled. Doesn't help that the structure of the game is more about referencing shit than coherently telling a story. Luckily it's all elseworld shit.

Anyone else think some of the acting is off? A lot of the line readings come off stifled to me.

Spuck-uk

Banned
So are there any character in this that have solid fireball reflect/anti-zoning tools available?

I pretty much picked up batgirl in Inj1 because she dunked on bad Deathstroke players so hard.

My first impressions- characters look amazing. Wonder Woman looks better in motion than the screenshots. I had to turn off the black equalizer feature on my monitor for this game, the way the image is balanced doesn't lend itself to any unusual picture settings.

There is a film grain effect that I did not notice in any screenshots or streams, and some alternating frame effect that explains the low res looking hair on PG in those pre-release screengrabs. I haven't seen another game look quite like this. Best looking game I've played on the PS4.

The sound is fantastic, I love the crackly crunch effect.

So are there any character in this that have solid fireball reflect/anti-zoning tools available?

I pretty much picked up batgirl in Inj1 because she dunked on bad Deathstroke players so hard.

Not the answer you're looking for, but I've found that the meter burn roll kind of works to get in.

image.php

Phloxy

Really excited for this, I'll be getting the game on Friday and even if I suck at fighting games, that amount of SP content will keep me busy for a while

The guild multiverse also has this hidden gem of a mode that needs more love. I have a video going up shortly about it. 3 vs 1 coop boss fights. A ton of fun and one of the most cool modes in a fighter. Crazy that it's almost completely hidden and I didn't even know it existed.

Lukemon

Swamp Thing seems to have some pretty nice stuff. Noob-esque 'clone' attack that hits from behind, long range low projectile of his own, a dash punch that goes under a lot of fireballs (and can be Meter Burned to start a juggle) and a powerful grab with full screen range. Not jumped online yet so not sure how practical all of these are, but they seem to be doing me pretty well against the AI so far.

Failing that, Supergirl's round-the-back teleport punch kills fireball spam dead.

Too much backlog to make this worth buying at full price, but if you wait for $20 in 6-7 months all the online players will be too good and take too much catching up to.

Furthermore tekken 7 is on the horizon and I'm much more likely to sink time into learning a character and becoming competent than this.

I'm just watching the story mode and waiting for the "complete edition" next year.

Spuck-uk

Banned
Swamp Thing seems to have some pretty nice stuff. Noob-esque 'clone' attack that hits from behind, long range low projectile of his own, a dash punch that goes under a lot of fireballs (and can be Meter Burned to start a juggle) and a powerful grab with full screen range. Not jumped online yet so not sure how practical all of these are, but they seem to be doing me pretty well against the AI so far.

Failing that, Supergirl's round-the-back teleport punch kills fireball spam dead.

Oh, neat. I was looking at Swamp Thang as a character anyway as I just finished reading the Alan Moore run on the character.

Too much backlog to make this worth buying at full price, but if you wait for $20 in 6-7 months all the online players will be too good and take too much catching up to.
I don't think this is true at ALL. I got into Killer Instinct this year and almost made it to Killer rank before moving onto another game. Took me like 1-2 months.

Though to be fair, I was familiar with the game's systems but I bought the Definitive edition during a sale this year so the characters I used were brand new to me.

FHIZ

Anyone else playing with HDR on and notice that the first cutscene after a fight in story mode has real washed out colors like the HDR is malfunctioning, then instantly start working again when there's a camera cut? Weird glitch. If anything it shows a pretty good representation of HDR working when it switches back.

Anyone else playing with HDR on and notice that the first cutscene after a fight in story mode has real washed out colors like the HDR is malfunctioning, then instantly start working again when there's a camera cut? Weird glitch. If anything it shows a pretty good representation of HDR working when it switches back.

Haven't noticed it but I will keep a look out.

Unfortunately i don't play with HDR, it's adding way too much input lag, but the game looks stunning with it.

Veedot

Watched all the cutscenes because not the biggest fan of NRS fighting engines. My inner DC nerd is irritated by how certain characters are handled. Doesn't help that the structure of the game is more about referencing shit than coherently telling a story. Luckily it's all elseworld shit.

Anyone else think some of the acting is off? A lot of the line readings come off stifled to me.
I don't know about the voice acting but they managed to
make the most unlikable version of Wonder Woman I've ever witnessed.She's my favorite character but I hated her chapter in story mode and her arcade ending. Deadshot hitting Flash was also stupid. But the Flash vs Reverse Flash scene was pretty sick.

GRaider81

In wanting to wait for a hopeful PC version but still leaning towards getting the PS4 version for now. Only thing is I don't have plus (refuse to pay for online) but it seems like there is tonnes of SP content that would keep me busy?

Also is injustice 1 worth picking up on PC?

Plowed through the story last night. Loved it! Though I did disagree with some of the narrative choices at the end

[Story Spoilers]
I think the game would have been better served having Supergirl take out Brainiac, then having to choose between Superman or Batman's side. She was set up as the protagonist and had the most interesting arc, being basically a traditional take on Supergirl in this otherwise twisted universe, but instead she's kind of sidelined at the end in favor of retreading the conflict from the first game.

Minor quibbles aside, it was a ton of fun and the animation was crazy good. Getting a few choices helped ease the monotony a bit.

jdstorm

Banned

Furthermore tekken 7 is on the horizon and I'm much more likely to sink time into learning a character and becoming competent than this.

I'm just watching the story mode and waiting for the "complete edition" next year.

If you have a smartphone/tablet the full story mode is available in the F2P mobile version. Although its being gradually rolled out. Still if you want to play the story free for a few months its a good option

patchday

Last night was getting beatdown in a multiverse and then realized aftyer finally finishing it was difficulty 4 instead of difficulty 2. Also I was underleveled

I got the message loud and clear game- GIT GUD

Top Bottom