• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Chairhome

Braniac at the end of the "arcade" multiverse does way too much damage. I'm still learning the game, but I had to retry a lot on that one.

dawgparty

Man, Aquaman is a ton of fun. Wasn't expecting that as I didn't really pay him any attention in the first game.

Kind of annoyed with the gear system, is there any way to raise chances of getting rewards for the characters you actually play?

Neoxon

I guess another Ollie in the multiverse has seen the light on how The Quiver is a better HQ name than The Arrow Cave.

I'm referring to Green Arrow's dialogue with Harley Quinn. Yes, it's another reference to the first game's prequel comics.

Certinty

Kind of annoyed with the gear system, is there any way to raise chances of getting rewards for the characters you actually play?
Have to say I agree. I played a few hours each with Supergirl and Flash and yet I've only unlocked one piece of gear for both. Whereas somehow for Robin and Poison Ivy I have like 7.

ajanke

Anyone else playing with HDR on and notice that the first cutscene after a fight in story mode has real washed out colors like the HDR is malfunctioning, then instantly start working again when there's a camera cut? Weird glitch. If anything it shows a pretty good representation of HDR working when it switches back.

I actually did notice this. It sometimes happened and other times didn't. Mine didn't happen until the Harley chapter. Then it was off and on. It was really noticeable though because of the difference.

PG and Harley have their own pre-match banter.
Premier Skins have their own dialogue which includes pre-match banter against every character.
Also how can I join the PS4 gaf guild?

I think both Guilds are now full so a third one will need to be made. But the following post is how you join a guild.

The first PS4 Guild is full. If your request hasn't been approved yet, please cancel it and send one for the new Guild.

I have created a second Guild for us.

ID: E8WS5
Name: GAFs House of Ls 2

Same rules apply. Search for it in-game using the ID, then send a request with your GAF username.

ajanke

Last night was getting beatdown in a multiverse and then realized aftyer finally finishing it was difficulty 4 instead of difficulty 2. Also I was underleveled

I got the message loud and clear game- GIT GUD

lol this I got home and jumped in and realized this. I was like how the f did I just lose like 5 fights in a row to black adam when I whooped his ass the night before in one try.

Fury451

Banned
Man, Aquaman is a ton of fun. Wasn't expecting that as I didn't really pay him any attention in the first game.

I leveled Black Canary to level 10 and Supergirl to level 6- no gear for either. It would be nice if they at least dropped one item for characters that you play the most, but I seem to be getting pieces for characters I haven't even touched yet. When I pick up to play with them for a couple of levels, they seem to drop out of the gear reward system too.

I'm sure I'm just seeing things, but it is incredibly annoying

Neoxon

I only got to play a few sets at a friend's house outside of the tournament. How good are people online about going into Competitive Mode (I.E. no stat boosts from Gear)?

noomi

So I completely suck at fighting games, but I really enjoyed the first Injustice game. Once I heard there is a singleplayer campaign I was very happy about the news.

Is it a substantial campaign in terms of length and quality? I realize I'm just going to be fighting in stages with some cut-scenes sprinkled here and there... but that's ok :D

Grimsen

Braniac at the end of the "arcade" multiverse does way too much damage. I'm still learning the game, but I had to retry a lot on that one.

His fucking pillars or whatever, hit on the way up, and then on the way down, for like 60% damage, if not more.

9iGEMmZ.gif

ajanke

Brainiac is easily cheesed by rushing him down with strings. He doesn't even seem to get an opportunity to attack as he's so busy not blocking.

I cornered that bitch, threw the environment on him, and repeated. Was able to beat him on like the 5th or 6th try. Just gotta rush his ass.

I love that Premier Skins have different dialogue!!

Robin: "This must be a dream."

Power Girl:
"Keep your hormones in check, kid!"

Robin: "People moan about MY ego."

Power Girl: "I think I like your powers better!"

Vixen: "Seriously? You have HEAT VISION."

Power Girl: "Yeah, but I've always been an animal lover!"

Lukemon

I leveled Black Canary to level 10 and Supergirl to level 6- no gear for either. It would be nice if they at least dropped one item for characters that you play the most, but I seem to be getting pieces for characters I haven't even touched yet. When I pick up to play with them for a couple of levels, they seem to drop out of the gear reward system too.

I'm sure I'm just seeing things, but it is incredibly annoying

Random gear drops (not stuff from crates) are actually weighted in favour of the character you're using when it drops – there's even the option to turn that off in the menu, I guess for when you're happy with your tricked-out L20 character and want stuff for others. I've definitely noticed a bias towards drops being for my active character, but RNG is RNG at the end of the day, I guess!

I can't believe how much gear there is and how much fun I'm having collecting it. I really hope they release more, Overwatch style.

Would love to get new hairstyles for Cheetah and Poison Ivy.

ajanke

I can't believe how much gear there is and how much fun I'm having collecting it. I really hope they release more, Overwatch style.

Would love to get new hairstyles for Cheetah and Poison Ivy.

Oh yea I'm gonna need a MOS suit for superman and aquaman from the DCEU lol. I can dream... :(

I never knew there were different colors of Red until I saw Atrocitus' Unlockable colors. ._.
Yeah Gear wise Atrocitus is really disappointing.

Dont even like his default that much. Boon loving his design is so weird.

Yeah i know he looks like the devil and a bull but thats not Atrocitus.

ajanke

One of Superman's alternate colors looks just like the MoS costume!

A Jason Momoa DLC costume would be awesome. Same for a Margot Robbie version of Harley.

I think the current Harley's smile in game looks just like Margots. And yea for superman MOS I think the color scheme you're talking about is the alternate truth and justice one.

patchday

So I completely suck at fighting games, but I really enjoyed the first Injustice game. Once I heard there is a singleplayer campaign I was very happy about the news.

Is it a substantial campaign in terms of length and quality? I realize I'm just going to be fighting in stages with some cut-scenes sprinkled here and there... but that's ok :D

felt like about same length as first game (6-8 hours or whatever) but you get rewards for beating certain chapters again with different fighters. Story is even better now

I only got to play a few sets at a friend's house outside of the tournament. How good are people online about going into Competitive Mode (I.E. no stat boosts from Gear)?

I plan to only engage in ranked mode myself so I'd imagine it should be plenty of fodder out there. I dont want to get pwned by someone with better items. I'm already pretty bad as it is lol

Top Bottom