• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Roussow

How accessible is this to fighting game newcomers? Thinking about picking this up if there's a bunch of SP content. I got into For Honor earlier this year, and surprisingly had a good time, that's kinda the extent of my time with the genre and FH is hardly a conventional fighter.

sinkfla87

How accessible is this to fighting game newcomers? Thinking about picking this up if there's a bunch of SP content. I got into For Honor this year, and surprisingly had a good time, that's kinda the extent of my time with the genre and FH is hardly a convetional fighter.

I think it's fairly accessible. Easy to play, challenging to master though. But I've only been playing singleplayer for the last day and have yet to run out of things to do! There's tutorials for general gameplay and tutorials for reach individual character and how to play them as well. And if you wanna learn I love teaching new people! (PSN: SinkFla)

Cyborg is so edgy. Using "Hell" is just about every other entrance.

Hey, I'd be edgy too if I
lost my dinger.

Tizoc

How accessible is this to fighting game newcomers? Thinking about picking this up if there's a bunch of SP content. I got into For Honor earlier this year, and surprisingly had a good time, that's kinda the extent of my time with the genre and FH is hardly a conventional fighter.
Like any fighting game, it can be as accessible as you understand its core mechanics
based on what ive seen of the game, just mess a little in trainging to understand motions for moves and ur one step closer to getting the hang of the game

Just encountered Doctor Fate in story mode. I was not expecting him to be
Kent Nelson
And now that I have fought him, I can't help but think about The Spectre. He'd be such a great addition either as a DLC character or for Injustice 3. His special would be insane.

Wait a minute, a thought just occurred to me.

Ed Boon said that we'll see more retro skins soon, could we get a 60's Batman Premium Skin VOICED BY ADAM WEST?

While I was playing the game last night, I was thinking about what premier skins I would like to see. Adam West Batman and Lynda Carter Wonder Woman were two I'd really like to see.

JeTmAn81

ultradavid had some interesting comments about character design being too reserved in SFV compared to IJ2, in that SFV was afraid to let their characters have crazy shit.

Isn't that part of SF's overall design philosophy? In the fighting game spectrum, Street Fighter's never really been on the super nuts ends of things. Play is more reserved compared to a Marvel game or most anime fighters.

Gleethor

Just encountered Doctor Fate in story mode. I was not expecting him to be
Kent Nelson
And now that I have fought him, I can't help but think about The Spectre. He'd be such a great addition either as a DLC character or for Injustice 3. His special would be insane.
He jobbed pretty hard in story mode. Disappointing

So I am up in the air between Scarecrow and Swamp Thing. Might throw some darkseid in there just because he looks great.

I was looking at Ivy because she reminds me a little of Zato-1 with the drills and minion but not sure if I could get her to work.

Who are most of you guys leaning towards?

Khezu

So I am up in the air between Scarecrow and Swamp Thing. Might throw some darkseid in there just because he looks great.

I was looking at Ivy because she reminds me a little of Zato-1 with the drills and minion but not sure if I could get her to work.

Supergirl and Robin.

Not sure how that happened.

Gurrry

I am still trying to find a true main, but my old mains have kind of carried over from the first game (catwoman, green lantern). Im really trying to make Black Canary work though. Robin is also fun but I wish he had a different projectile.

Firestorm was someone I wanted to main but after playing him, his combos really dont fit my style.

Gurrry

Wait a minute, a thought just occurred to me.

Ed Boon said that we'll see more retro skins soon, could we get a 60's Batman Premium Skin VOICED BY ADAM WEST?

Are premier skins paid for or are we gonna get new stuff to unlock through boxes? Im hoping they add more stuff to the loot tables after awhile.

I am still trying to find a true main, but my old mains have kind of carried over from the first game (catwoman, green lantern). Im really trying to make Black Canary work though. Robin is also fun but I wish he had a different projectile.

Firestorm was someone I wanted to main but after playing him, his combos really dont fit my style.

Yeah I like Black Canary as she is pretty crazy rush down character which I do like to play from time to time.

Supergirl and Robin.

Not sure how that happened.

They're pretty fun characters from the little I've played of them. Robin seems like he could be pretty good. A little weird to play though.

Xeteh

Yeah I like Black Canary as she is pretty crazy rush down character which I do like to play from time to time.

She's super fun. I like what I've seen of Cheetah but I don't feel like I can do anything with her. Harley is still awesome and most of her shit carried over, so I've mostly been playing her. Doesn't hurt that her character is legit hilarious.

She's super fun. I like what I've seen of Cheetah but I don't feel like I can do anything with her. Harley is still awesome and most of her shit carried over, so I've mostly been playing her. Doesn't hurt that her character is legit hilarious.

Harley is pretty entertaining and seems pretty strong.

That's the problem with these comic themed games for me I want to play everyone.

Granted I haven't played the game yet (FUUUUCCCKKK) but Cheetah seems like she requires the true mix-up grappler mindset. Being confident in your reads and getting big damage off of that, and using your mix-ups to get better reads on your opponent's tendencies at the cost of slightly less damage.

Does the Ultimate Edition get me anything right away or is the content down the line? Since I can upgrade for the same price later I'm debating just getting the normal version right now so I can buy an extra copy for a friend instead.

Chairhome

There are so many characters I haven't tried yet, but I like Canary, Arrow and Flash. Want to try the others after story mode.

I am thinking about just starting a psn guild since I can't seem to get into one here. Haha. If I do, I'll share the ID here.

Skilletor

Settled on Kara, Damien, and Black Adam. Learning Kara first, I think.

Would like to play a zoner once I get the game down. Watching whoever that was on ESL using Black Adem last night had me like WHEW, how you moving around that fast, bruh?

Also holy shit @ the Flash fight in story mode. That was fucking amazing.

Does the Ultimate Edition get me anything right away or is the content down the line? Since I can upgrade for the same price later I'm debating just getting the normal version right now so I can buy an extra copy for a friend instead.

Right now, it gets you the Gods shader and the Demons shader (applicable to everyone in the cast) as well as Power Girl, Reverse Flash and John Stewart Premium Skins.

The 9 DLC characters will start coming out soon.

Enilced2

I am usually fairly indifferent to Harley as a character so I have no idea why I love her so much in this game... Just like something finally clicked and she is all I have played so far in the online god I love being surprised like this

NEO0MJ

Does anyone have any solid darkseid gameplay? While I don't plan on buying the game now I really want to see what he can do.

Marvel

could never
I don't even like, know anything about or have any interest in the flash but his fightstyle and loading animation looks great fun. Definitely will try him.

Settled on Kara, Damien, and Black Adam. Learning Kara first, I think.

Would like to play a zoner once I get the game down. Watching whoever that was on ESL using Black Adem last night had me like WHEW, how you moving around that fast, bruh?

Also holy shit @ the Flash fight in story mode. That was fucking amazing.

Black Adam is definitely a front runner right now. Do you have any links to those matches? I didn't get a chance to watch it last night.

j0hnnix

I'm sure it's been mentioned but is the multiverse fights catered to the gear you have on? Last night I ran into what seemed to be some fully armored Batman and he was wrecking me , I had no way of bringing this guy down.. he would hit for at least 90..

Xeteh

Granted I haven't played the game yet (FUUUUCCCKKK) but Cheetah seems like she requires the true mix-up grappler mindset. Being confident in your reads and getting big damage off of that, and using your mix-ups to get better reads on your opponent's tendencies at the cost of slightly less damage.

My reads are the best. Like every match I can read that the opponent is going to destroy me, I'm never wrong.

Neoxon

Isn't that part of SF's overall design philosophy? In the fighting game spectrum, Street Fighter's never really been on the super nuts ends of things. Play is more reserved compared to a Marvel game or most anime fighters.
Yeah, Mahvel's usually the one that goes balls-out. Though I think he's saying that SFV is bit too careful with balancing.

My reads are the best. Like every match I can read that the opponent is going to destroy me, I'm never wrong.

Your reads are just the best, you have the best reads. You can't find better reads anywhere, cause yours are the best.

Some Trump humour.

Are there any obvious secret I'm missing for executing special moves with 3 inputs instead of 2? The occasional down-back-forward stuff is something I feel so, so shitty at. Cheetah has a move like this that the AI fucking wrecks me with, but I have a hard time doing it.

DrBo42

Not sure what's going on at NRS with Wonder Woman. She's been such a misfire in the story for both games. And her kit here is just so underwhelming and without a strong identity or style. Probably my only major complaint about the roster other than Grodd, Joker and Sub-Zero being completely unnecessary. Or the crazy zoning strength here.

I love that so far in story mode they have completely disregarded the magic pills from the first game and have instead come up with a story solution for each fight: Batman uses a red-sun bomb against Supes, Flash is shot in the leg before he fights Cold, etc. Writing a fighting game story must be quite a challenge but Netherrealm keeps getting better at it. I'm sure the pills will show up at some point but I appreciate the effort.

Fuck why does this come out on Friday. Eurgh.

Where do you live? I'm in Europe and managed to get the game early.

Q8D3vil

Not sure what's going on at NRS with Wonder Woman. She's been such a misfire in the story for both games. And her kit here is just so underwhelming and without a strong identity or style. Probably my only major complaint about the roster other than Grodd, Joker and Sub-Zero being completely unnecessary. Or the crazy zoning strength here.
I like grodd. But i agree with Wonder woman, i really dont understand why they gave her random special.

Top Bottom