• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Khezu

Just finished my first 30~min session of the story mode and I'm enjoying it so far! Gameplay is pretty fun and the graphics are insane.

Hope to have this much fun online after I beat the story and get more competent with wtf I'm doing! How is the online netcode btw?

Really solid, and the match making is fast and snappy, as long as the servers hold up lol.

Gowans

Yeah I sent out a bulletin saying you had to let me know you're a GAF member before I accept, something the other people had no issue with. Don't flip cause you can't follow instructions. Send another one and I'll accept it tonight. Pay attention next time, perhaps?

To everyone else, I got three messages asking to join, you all will be accepted when I get home from work. That is for the GAF PMs.
👍 🍻 thanks!

Just ordered the ultimate edition, and had a quick question....the 9 DLC fighers, are they unlockable immediately, or are they going to be released over time, and are they the only characters that will be released for the game? I see the figher pack has three characters, and wasn't sure if this was included in the ultimate edition.

DrBo42

Just ordered the ultimate edition, and had a quick question....the 9 DLC fighers, are they unlockable immediately, or are they going to be released over time, and are they the only characters that will be released for the game? I see the figher pack has three characters, and wasn't sure if this was included in the ultimate edition.

None of the 9 characters are present at launch. Fighter pack is the first wave of the 9 (Starfire, Red Hood, Sub-Zero) but that release time is TBD. It's essentially a season pass.

Seibmoz

Yeah I sent out a bulletin saying you had to let me know you're a GAF member before I accept, something the other people had no issue with. Don't flip cause you can't follow instructions. Send another one and I'll accept it tonight. Pay attention next time, perhaps?

To everyone else, I got three messages asking to join, you all will be accepted when I get home from work. That is for the GAF PMs.
Since the Xbox Guild is now full does someone want to set up a second one for Xbox players?

NullMoon

Neo Member
Yeah, I'm loving this game. Going to main Robin and Supergirl maybe even Atrocious. Robin hits hard, i've been toying around with him for about an hour and you can get some really high damage combos with only one bar.

Drewfonse

Has to be the most insane HDR support I've seen yet, especially when adjusting the "intensity" to a full 1000 nits support level.

I couldn't tell you what the resolution is running at, but without question this is perhaps the most visually stunning game I've played on the PS4 pro so far, surpassing Ratchet & Clank.

Graphics don't make a game, but the presentation is so immersive that my jaw actually literally dropped the first time I used the Flash's superspeed punch move. It looks fucking insane across the board and anyone who has an even slight interest in fighting games should check it out.

I knew this game would be good but I didn't expect such an insane step up over MKX.

I miss having a block 'button' but I can appreciate that this isn't just a Mortal Kombat game with a DC skin.

I was on the fence,

I'll buy it.

Magwik

Banned
So one of the mutliverse assists is
Constantine
. You don't actually see him as its only a spell but gives me hope for the future.

btchplz.gif

BOON PLS

Since both Guilds on PS4 are full and there is no third one yet i created one.

Name: GAFs House of Ls 3

ID: 1TPS1

Send a request to the ID ingame with addition of your GAF username and PM me here on GAF.

Rarius

So, uh, why is it that anyone siding with Supes has NO FILTER for their actions? There's the whole "Kill one to save many" which apparently means in the Injustice universe there is no way to be grey. Apparently if you kill one criminal, your mind hits a switch and therefore "KILL EVERYONE".

Like, at the beginning, you could argue that there are a lot of bad people in Arkham, but suddenly Damien goes "WELP, TIME TO KILL THOUSANDS OF MENTALLY ILL PEOPLE AS WELL".

Xeteh

I legitimately didn't think I'd give two shits about Black Canary or Cheetah when they were revealed but goddamn, I think both look like a lot of fun. Black Canary is a blast to mess around with granted I'm not doing much with her.

delSai

Having 3 Guilds on PS4 sucks, i wish we could all just join one big group. They could split a Guild into Squads or something if they want to keep the 50 per Group limit.

Jamie OD

So this is a weird thing to ask but is this the first game to include its terms & conditions in the ending credits? I left it rolling to check on my phone and discovered it that way.

Durden77

I wish the mobile version interacted more with the console version. Right now it just feels like a worse version of the full game. I'd be much more compelled to play (it'd be perfect while I'm at work) it if I could affect stuff in the main game.

Anyway, and more room in GAF guilds? Won't be able to join until tonight but I want in!

ZeroX03

Banned
Am I missing something or is it going to be extremely time consuming to get every character to level 20 for the trophy without using the fast level item?

Seems to be the real hurdle on the way to platinum.

Well, Jaime might be the worst looking character in the game but he's a lot of fun to play as at least. Hopefully his unlockable gear is cool because I'd like to use him outside of story mode.

Tidalwave

Is there anywhere where we can see all of the gear for the whole roster? Wanna know what everyone's options are so I know what to work for.

Am I missing something or is it going to be extremely time consuming to get every character to level 20 for the trophy without using the fast level item?

Seems to be the real hurdle on the way to platinum.

Mortal Kombat 9 had an achievement that required "Mastery" of all characters; one requirement of Mastering a character is to have 24 hours played with them. Even if you idle in tag practice mode it will still take a full week to do that one requirement for every character. I can't imagine getting to level 20 in this game could be that bad.
I think you can set up an AI team and that will level them up without any work on your end. But I haven't messed around with that feature yet so I'm not sure.

Can someone explain how the gear stuff works and the best way to get it?

I'm only interested in stuff that apparently gives new moves. If I ever get something, does it only work in certain modes?

Seijuro

Since both Guilds on PS4 are full and there is no third one yet i created one.

Name: GAFs House of Ls 3

ID: 1TPS1

Send a request to the ID ingame with addition of your GAF username and PM me here on GAF.

Thanks man - I hope there are still open spots for EU gaf on friday.

The wait for this game is killing me, still 26 hours until it unlocks.

Been playing this through a friend's copy.

Welp, guess I'm gonna be maining Supergirl for a bit.

Also, I can't tell if I like or dislike the fact that WW's been simplified.
Finding out Wonder Woman no longer has stance changes was great to me. She's always been my favorite comic character, but I really dislike stance changing characters in fighting games. Happy to be able to enjoy playing as her in this.

caliph95

I love that so far in story mode they have completely disregarded the magic pills from the first game and have instead come up with a story solution for each fight: Batman uses a red-sun bomb against Supes, Flash is shot in the leg before he fights Cold, etc. Writing a fighting game story must be quite a challenge but Netherrealm keeps getting better at it. I'm sure the pills will show up at some point but I appreciate the effort.

Where do you live? I'm in Europe and managed to get the game early.
Except when he beats WW somehow

Also why is WW the worst in these stories, Superman at least is well intentioned initially at least WW is just evil

ZeroX03

Banned
What is this fast level item you speak of?

Read online that once you have one character reach max level there's an item you can buy with the premium currency that lets you raise another character to max.

Mortal Kombat 9 had an achievement that required "Mastery" of all characters; one requirement of Mastering a character is to have 24 hours played with them. Even if you idle in tag practice mode it will still take a full week to do that one requirement for every character. I can't imagine getting to level 20 in this game could be that bad.
I think you can set up an AI team and that will level them up without any work on your end. But I haven't messed around with that feature yet so I'm not sure.

AI is only semi automated (need to go through menus each battle) and EXP gain seems slow.

Fury451

Banned
Random gear drops (not stuff from crates) are actually weighted in favour of the character you're using when it drops – there's even the option to turn that off in the menu, I guess for when you're happy with your tricked-out L20 character and want stuff for others. I've definitely noticed a bias towards drops being for my active character, but RNG is RNG at the end of the day, I guess!

So weird. I've toyed with others, but the most drops so far are for Blue Beetle, Gorilla Grodd ( who i haven't used at all), and Swamp Thing (used literally once and got two rare weapons and a chest piece).

Basically main using Canary and Supergirl still, so I'll beseech the RNG gods for a pair of new pants or something.

LaNaranja

I like Super Girl as a character but not the way she plays. Such a shame because the move where she stomps towards you shooting lasers is really cool.

Black Canary is the only one who has stuck with me but the drops I have gotten have all been really samey. Is it possible for her to take her jacket off?

Top Bottom