• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Having fun, but the loot might be a lot to comprehend. Needs to be way more shortcuts to the character customization.
Also, why can't you change the look of the premier skins? I thought John Stewart should have been able to change colors also.

:( Yeah that's kind of shitty. How would everyone like a combo video with actual notations on how to do the combos? I'll be more than happy to do it if there is an interest here.

I would definitely appreciate it. Say what you want about IGN, but their Batman video is on point. The format is very easy to follow and I love how they slow down the combos as he is calling out the inputs. They only have Batman though. More like this would be ideal IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5xmYbbTHPw

My #1 biggest gripe about Doctor Fate is any pause in action during a fight removes his mini-sigils. Round win or lose and clashes remove them. Huge inconvenience.

DrBo42

Its a shame the story mode confirms the comics and injustice 1 are completely different canon to this game.

People don't actually want to play out the events in the comics right? It's just that you want the game to exist as a continuation? Feel like they need to be separate for the game and books to play to their strengths without limitation.

Skilletor

Anybody have have links to more recent (good) supergirl footage? I keep finding the beta vids and I'm pretty sure those refly loops don't work anymore.

CryptiK

People don't actually want to play out the events in the comics right? It's just that you want the game to exist as a continuation? Feel like they need to be separate for the game and books to play to their strengths without limitation.
The issue is the books didnt hold any limitations on how IJ2 played out at all, things were just changed for no reason. And now the IJ2 Prequel comic shows that that doesnt even belong either.

DrBo42

The issue is the books didnt hold any limitations on how IJ2 played out at all, things were just changed for no reason. And now the IJ2 Prequel comic shows that that doesnt even belong either.

Did that happen for the first one too or did that actually pair?

Grimsen

I'm at work, making a list of characters I want to play more of/try.

Too many! The gear and shaders really help to make characters more appealing.

I think tonight is going to be GL and Darkseid.

Garlador

They paired perfectly fine. There was quite literally no reason to change the events of IJ1 and the comics.

Eh, for the most part. The way I see it, and the way you should too probably, is that it's part of the Injustice multiverse.

Every character in Injustice had their own endings, after all, outside of the main campaign. And Injustice 2 has many, many, MANY callbacks to the original Injustice comics. The whole Green Arrow, Fate, and Black Canary stuff is directly lifted from the comic adaptations.

b9ad5216492b93ebfd69090ea3aa2dd8.jpg

I'd even say that 90% of the comic is still plenty, plenty canon, and the rest I chalk up to "alternate retellings" or something that, in all honestly, isn't major and can pretty easily be ignored.

And a LOT of them put a big, silly smile on my face.

CryptiK

Eh, for the most part. The way I see it, and the way you should too probably, is that it's part of the Injustice multiverse.

Every character in Injustice had their own endings, after all, outside of the main campaign. And Injustice 2 has many, many, MANY callbacks to the original Injustice comics. The whole Green Arrow, Fate, and Black Canary stuff is directly lifted from the comic adaptations.

I'd even say that 90% of the comic is still plenty, plenty canon, and the rest I chalk up to "alternate retellings" or something that, in all honestly, isn't major and can pretty easily be ignored.

And a LOT of them put a big, silly smile on my face.
The endings for the characters outside of the campaign are completely different. The main issue is they have the prequel comic for a reason, to fill in the blanks etc then just go nup lol.

Garlador

The endings for the characters outside of the campaign are completely different. The main issue is they have the prequel comic for a reason, to fill in the blanks etc then just go nup lol.

I still think they count. The opening Batman section in Injustice 2 does admittedly feel "off" and is entirely disconnected from the whole entire rest of the game. I just ignore it almost entirely and move on. It has zero bearings on the rest of the game or the previous ones. It's a single, solitary unimportant training chapter that's nowhere near as good as the comic version's all-out war in Arkham and feels more like someone just recounting a condensed and excised version of events for the general public.

CryptiK

I still think they count. The opening Batman section in Injustice 2 does admittedly feel "off" and is entirely disconnected from the whole entire rest of the game. I just ignore it almost entirely and move on. It has zero bearings on the rest of the game or the previous ones. It's a single, solitary unimportant training chapter that's nowhere near as good as the comic version's all-out war in Arkham and feels more like someone just recounting a condensed and excised version of events for the general public.
Theres a bit involving
Doctor Fate
that is disconnected from the prequel comics.

Celtic

Neo Member
Holy shit, I'm loving this game. Worth the wait. Green Arrow is so damn fun to play.

I requested acceptance to the guild on PS4, please add. PSN name is CelticVen9eance.

aly

Theres a bit involving
Doctor Fate
that is disconnected from the prequel comics.

Yeah it is a little strange how the story picks and chooses what to keep from the IJ comics. Especially since most of it could've worked without changing anything.

Gowans

Xbox guild leader needs to pull their finger out, 15 members and my application has expired from waiting :( applying again

MrCarter

I just finished watching the Story Mode. It was...okay. It was a typical fighting game "story" with so many unnecessary and silly twists and corny dialogue but it did the job, I'm still not sure why NRS is going with the whole "Civil War" thing between Superman and Batman again but it is what it is - just thought they would have more originality. I was, however, impressed with the story mode visuals, Black Canary and Harley Quinn in particular looked very good.

Xeteh

Are there any obvious secret I'm missing for executing special moves with 3 inputs instead of 2? The occasional down-back-forward stuff is something I feel so, so shitty at. Cheetah has a move like this that the AI fucking wrecks me with, but I have a hard time doing it.

Nah, it just needs to be done fast. I feel like it is harder in this game than it was in the first.

Garlador

I just finished watching the Story Mode. It was...okay. It was a typical fighting game "story" with so many unnecessary and silly twists and corny dialogue but it did the job, I'm still not sure why NRS is going with the whole "Civil War" thing between Superman and Batman again but it is what it is - just thought they would have more originality. I was, however, impressed with the story mode visuals, Black Canary and Harley Quinn in particular looked very good.

Well, this is Injustice 2, a universe created precisely because the Justice League has splintered beyond repair and heroes vs heroes are the norm.

The fact that it is an Elseworld tale (and I say that as a GOOD thing) means they have the liberty to take the story and characters in directions they never could in the traditional comic universe. Stakes actually do matter, character deaths are far more permanent, and troubling actions aren't so easily ignored as time passes.

This is a DC universe where Superman has become the villain, where the world knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, where Harley Quinn is a reformed hero, where Flash is seeking redemption for prior criminal actions and coping with his guilt, where Supergirl arrives to an Earth that sees her "S" symbol as a symbol of fear and not hope, where many classic characters died and stayed dead, where we know that at the end of the story, the "status quo" will NOT be restored, and that excites me not knowing where the story and its characters will go next.

Loved the LOTR reference.

Also thought it was hilarious that when you first see Gorilla Grodd in Batman's cam footage he does the exact same thing as Winston from Overwatch does with one of his highlights.

Basically roars with his arms spread out and then jumps to the camera with his right arm about to strike.

Phloxy

https://youtu.be/xA5O8FwtbAo
Did not know the guilds featured co-op 3 vs 1 boss fights. Such a great feature that I can't recall them ever bringing up once. Guaranteed diamond box for every completion too.
I kind of hope they expand on this more, make it a more regular mode. Great way to play with some friends to break up the monotony of standard pvp stuff.

MrBlonde

I am so tempted buy this game but I never stick with fighting games and im not that great at them so not sure what I am going to do. Single player is ok for a bit but I get wrecked online and it turns me off

j0hnnix

Anyone tried this using remote play on the Vita? I'm getting one soon and was wondering.. I got it with the Hori grip.

MrCarter

Well, this is Injustice 2, a universe created precisely because the Justice League has splintered beyond repair and heroes vs heroes are the norm.

The fact that it is an Elseworld tale (and I say that as a GOOD thing) means they have the liberty to take the story and characters in directions they never could in the traditional comic universe. Stakes actually do matter, character deaths are far more permanent, and troubling actions aren't so easily ignored as time passes.

This is a DC universe where Superman has become the villain, where the world knows Bruce Wayne is Batman, where Harley Quinn is a reformed hero, where Flash is seeking redemption for prior criminal actions and coping with his guilt, where Supergirl arrives to an Earth that sees her "S" symbol as a symbol of fear and not hope, where many classic characters died and stayed dead, where we know that at the end of the story, the "status quo" will NOT be restored, and that excites me not knowing where the story and its characters will go next.

I forgot to say, I'm not a huge comic buff, so all that you've said in the 1st paragraph has literally gone above my head. I simply judged it on the story that I saw. I mean, yes, I obviously understood all the things you stated in your 2nd paragraph, as it was clearly presented in the story, but I still felt like characters were being shoe-horned in, via contrivances, just so they are given a chance to be playable. Some of the dialogue felt very corny and uninspired too. It did its job and it was mildly entertaining but I was far more impressed by its visuals than the actual story.

Docpan

Has to be the most insane HDR support I've seen yet, especially when adjusting the "intensity" to a full 1000 nits support level.

I couldn't tell you what the resolution is running at, but without question this is perhaps the most visually stunning game I've played on the PS4 pro so far, surpassing Ratchet & Clank.

Graphics don't make a game, but the presentation is so immersive that my jaw actually literally dropped the first time I used the Flash's superspeed punch move. It looks fucking insane across the board and anyone who has an even slight interest in fighting games should check it out.

I knew this game would be good but I didn't expect such an insane step up over MKX.

I miss having a block 'button' but I can appreciate that this isn't just a Mortal Kombat game with a DC skin.

Khezu

https://youtu.be/xA5O8FwtbAo
Did not know the guilds featured co-op 3 vs 1 boss fights. Such a great feature that I can't recall them ever bringing up once. Guaranteed diamond box for every completion too.
I kind of hope they expand on this more, make it a more regular mode. Great way to play with some friends to break up the monotony of standard pvp stuff.

Oh that's pretty neat.
I wonder why they never showed any of this on the watchtower.
Neat way to do PVE bosses.

CryptiK

Yeah it is a little strange how the story picks and chooses what to keep from the IJ comics. Especially since most of it could've worked without changing anything.
All of it could have, thats why its so weird.

Is there a spot in the GAF guild?

Jamie OD

Story mode Chapter 10 spoiler:

Using intentionally glitched facial animations on Arrow and Canary to show they are under Brainiac's mind control is a clever idea.

Phloxy

Oh that's pretty neat.
I wonder why they never showed any of this on the watchtower.
Neat way to do PVE bosses.

No idea, the idea is really fleshed out. Invite your friends, hop right in, abilities with cooldowns. Scoring system, let's you retry right away. It's a really cool idea and shouldn't be limited to a guild multiverse only idea.

B00TE

No idea, the idea is really fleshed out. Invite your friends, hop right in, abilities with cooldowns. Scoring system, let's you retry right away. It's a really cool idea and shouldn't be limited to a guild multiverse only idea.

Yeah, I'm hoping they can add that in at some point and/or expand on it. It's really cool.

Xbox guild leader needs to pull their finger out, 15 members and my application has expired from waiting :( applying again

Yeah I sent out a bulletin saying you had to let me know you're a GAF member before I accept, something the other people had no issue with. Don't flip cause you can't follow instructions. Send another one and I'll accept it tonight. Pay attention next time, perhaps?

To everyone else, I got three messages asking to join, you all will be accepted when I get home from work. That is for the GAF PMs.

Just finished my first 30~min session of the story mode and I'm enjoying it so far! Gameplay is pretty fun and the graphics are insane.

Hope to have this much fun online after I beat the story and get more competent with wtf I'm doing! How is the online netcode btw?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Been playing this through a friend's copy.

Welp, guess I'm gonna be maining Supergirl for a bit.

Also, I can't tell if I like or dislike the fact that WW's been simplified.

Top Bottom