• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

After selecting a Multiverse challenge, on the Character Select screen, open the loadout menu and select an AI Loadout.

Didn't know this was possible, if only it auto continued on after matches (without having to press the button to continue post match) I could be even more lazy and do other stuff while the characters gradually level up.

What's a good entry level fighter for people who suck at fighting games?
Superman.
Deadshot.
Wonder Woman is pretty easy to grasp. Scarecrow too
I disagree. Wonder Woman has a lot of tools and knowing when to use which is critical. Scarecrow is a character where knowing the ranges where you can play is essential.

Neither of these qualities are something a person who's not well-versed in fighting games will want to deal with.

What's a good entry level fighter for people who suck at fighting games?

I've heard that Superman, Batman and Atrocitus are great for beginners. I can definitely vouch for Batman being a good starting character, because he was the first character I picked up in this game.

Edit: Also Deadshot.

Drewfonse

Just ordered this for the Pro. I have very little recent experience with Fighters, but this just looks too good for the single player.

And that HDR support, hoooboy

Razmos

That multiverse battle with the Power of Zoom (everything is sped up) was a crazy rush lol.

Went through it with Poison Ivy

DrBo42

Go on youtube today and the first thing I see is a 4 minute video from Super about a Red Hood screenshot. Come on, guys. LOL.

Marvel

could never
Just ordered this for the Pro. I have very little recent experience with Fighters, but this just looks too good for the single player.

And that HDR support, hoooboy
Oh yes, yes indeed.

It's tasty, my omega beams blind me as does the win pose and super lol

Damn that controller flew like it was one of Deadshots bullets.

Needed one of these
18rz88k97tuxkjpg.jpg

Hasney

Shame I can't move the default cursor and loadout. I've got a turbo on my fight stick so just going to start AI Supergirl with some weight on the X button to keep it firing off.

DR2K

Banned
I was coming in here after my first match against a Deadshot online to say "fuck Deadshot" and this is the first thing I see.

Yep.

I got put on the other side of the screen and basically just went "I live here now" and died defiantly t-bagging.

Yeah, he's broken. Hopefully NRS can fix it so that the 2 people who want to play dead shot aren't totally screwed.

Still playing Supergirl, but I feel like she doesn't have a good way to open people up and so much of her stuff is unsafe. I feel like Black Adam can do everything I want to do with Kara but better.

Robin is dope.

Black Adam feels like he can do everything. He's like the Necalli of this game.

Got him up to level 17 yesterday.

I'm really liking scarecrow right now but I'm not too sure if he has any real wakeup options. Darkseid seems like a lot of fun but don't know how effective he will be in a few weeks.

I've got two characters to 20 just doing the Multiverse stuff. Most of it is fun, some mutators are frustrating but leveling feels like it went by pretty quickly.

I haven't seen those yet. I do really like her design in this it is just that all the pieces are very same-y.

Yeah, they're just straight up stockings.
Sadly, her leotards are like Wonder Woman's, so she has shorts on underneath, which looks a bit goofy. If they wanted to cover up a bit more, they should've just made the leotard itself do so.

I'm having fun with this game so far, the almost constant stream of loot is pretty refreshing no idea who to play outside of Supergirl though, maybe Harley but Captain Cold and Atrocitus also caught my eye

It's been a while since I played MKX so getting used to a NRS game controls and stuff is taking some doing

The stream of loot is making it hard to settle on a single character. I keep changing characters to level them up and equip new gear.

Tyaren

Red Hood could have some great Premier Skins. These characters immediately come to mind:

• Flashpoint Batman
    [*]Grayson (Agent 37)
  • Vigilante
  • Wild Dog

Yes, please! I want Dick in this game. ;) If it can't be as Nightwing, then please as one of his other versions. I'm still so salty they put Nightwing in the last game and kinda in this one, but not the original so many would have loved to see. Dick is so much more popular than Damian. Imo a really strange decision by them.

I picked this game up and I think the story and production values are cool. It's a fun, cinematic game to play.

But I think the core gameplay is trash. It's neither accessible enough to be fun for new players, or in-depth enough in the long term to be interesting to spectate or learn to play for veterans of fighting games (in my opinion).

For new players coming to the game it's incredibly inaccessible, new players want to be able to do things just by pressing buttons, and the game ties everything interesting to relatively complex inputs. Neither of the two options, (alternative or standard) are 'accessible', the regular inputs say that they are 'wrong' if the user inputs the buttons in between the motion (e.g. if the motion is down, forward, and the player presses down, down +forward, forward, the move doesn't come out).

There's this intentional, surface level inaccessibility that acts as a barrier to new players, However at the same time, underneath this the game isn't that complex. Combos are unsophistiated, rote memorsation with very little technique or timing, just requiring the inputs are performed and then accepting the sequence. The neutral game is brain dead, a back and forth between special attacks, with none of the subtly or strategy that comes from the myriad of options that are prominent in other games (i.e. all of the regular attacks that compose the neutral game in SFV, or all of the assist options and specials that feature in Marvel).

This is just my experience from playing it with 15-20 people this week, many of them inexperienced Netherrealms games. It was very apparent that they just didn't 'get it' they frequently describe disliking how it doesn't feel like their moves flow. Many of them reference games like Soul Calibur, Tekken and Marvel and seem to like how the moves flow in those games. Even in Street Fighter though, a new player can get to grips with the game a lot faster... in SFV you can teach a player to play a character like Rashid, using only cr.HP and cr.mp (anti air and poke). These games, (Tekken, SC, Marvel, SF, DoA, Virtual Fighter, are accessible, easy to play.

Essentially what I'm saying is that the game has a steep learning curve, but that curve plateaus pretty quickly, and many other fighting games, have a more gradual learning curve, but one that ends up up much higher. In that respect, I think Injustice is a bad game. It fails to address two big issues in fighting games right now which are onboarding and general accessibility (the tutorials are pretty bad and the game is not easy to pick up and play) and at the same time it features less depth, and less interesting mechanics for veterans of the genre.

Feel free to disagree. Everything here is just my personal opinion. I don't regret buying the game, it's been fun over the last few days, but with Tekken 7 coming out in two weeks, I'm not going to be sticking with this one.

Emouse

Wow, didn't realise blue beetle could turn completely invisible as well as just kinda transparent with an outline

The stream of loot is making it hard to settle on a single character. I keep changing characters to level them up and equip new gear.

I'm kinda feeling like doing that too but for now I'm trying to stick with one character and get some decent stuff for them before moving on to someone else

delSai

Gear was a great idea. Seeing how everyones characters look is awesome.

I think Cheetah will be my main. Doing okay with her so far.

Ahah...

Is he a famous player? I'm new in the Injustice universe so I know no players.

And there isn't any rule against those kind of attitude?

To be fair most players are above this type of behavior. I can think of three controller throwing instances in most of my FGC viewing over the last 7 or 8 years and they're from notoriously salty players.

Like that time Sanford Kelly hucked a stick after getting read like a book

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwjMZ8nFgIM

Ahah...

Is he a famous player? I'm new in the Injustice universe so I know no players.

And there isn't any rule against those kind of attitude?

Depends on the TO, when I was TOing small tournaments I would happily throw someone out if they

a) Posed any significant threat of harm to anyone else
b) Broke or damaged anything (unjustifiably) that wasn't their own

Apologising, offering to pay for the damage, etc. is not good enough. You shouldn't break shit, you shouldn't risk hurting someone by throwing a controller randomly across the room, etc.

I only ever had that issue with one person at my events and we basically spoke to them about it and told them that they weren't welcome at future events etc. I wouldn't welcome people like F.Champ, who is known to belittle and threaten people, as well as break equipment that he does not own. Good job 99.9% of the FGC isn't like that, but the ones that are really stand out in these online videos and whatnot that people bring to everyone's attention.

JJShadow

Is there any way to automatically move to the next fight in AI Metaverse (without pressing X once it's done) or am I being extremely lazy?

Top Bottom