• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

I need to re-approve Lren and Tidalwave, both accidentally left the Guild in the flurry of Mother Boxes, but if there's still openings after, Zero and StaticJam are welcome.

Marvel

could never
The god costume in this game sucks. Reminds me of Jaden Smith.

jaden-smith-white-batman-outfit-costume-comic-con-photos-4__oPt.jpg
You have ruined that shader on Batman for me, don't play him but it is equipped lol

Hostile_18

Banned
Really want this game but the digital version is £55 + what ever Darkseid costs, where's in most shops it's £40 with Darkseid.

I've sadly got use to paying an extra 5'er for the privilege of been all digital but this is a bit of slap in the face tbh.

Iceternal

Sad there isn't a section in the game with artworks and character bios anymore ...

The bios would have really helped knowing about some characters since there's many I had never heard of before and I'm not too knowledgeable about the D.C. Universe

ZeroX03

Banned
Sad there isn't a section in the game with artworks and character bios anymore ...

The bios would have really helped knowing about some characters since there's many I had never heard of before and I'm not too knowledgeable about the D.C. Universe

I wish there was a proper model viewer and photo mode. Such beautiful characters and outfits and no way to show them off at their finest.

Can't help but be disappointed in some people in House of Ls 1 right now. Not going to call anyone out by name, but completing the Diamond Box Multiverse 22 times out of 30 is kinda not cool. Leave some for the rest of us next time please. :\

Edit: this goes for other Guilds as well. Try to be considerate of your other guild members! :)

Hasney

Really want this game but the digital version is £55 + what ever Darkseid costs, where's in most shops it's £40 with Darkseid.

I've sadly got use to paying an extra 5'er for the privilege of been all digital but this is a bit of slap in the face tbh.

Get £50 credit from PSN. Start a new account and like them on Facebook for an extra 10% if you really really have to go digital.

http://www.cdkeys.com/playstation-network-psn/psn-cards/playstation-network-psn-card-50-gbp

ZeroX03

Banned
I've only got the TAS/Beyond masks and none of their other set pieces (if there even are any?) so they look really weird on a tactical armor Batman.

Yeah I kind of follow most D.C. stuff outside of comics so while I had a pretty good handle on who all the characters were I kind of felt lost on what was going on with the plot at the start of the game. Basically had to get a synopsis of the Injustice comics to find out what took place between Injustice 1&2. Even then there was stuff at the very beginning of the game that seemed real weird to me. For example at the start of the game Batman resumes fighting alongside Damien Wayne as though nothing happened and then when Batman encounters Superman (again, in the first chapter) he talks as though Superman can still redeem himself somehow.

Staf

Thinking of getting this. Big DC fan but haven't played a fighter in ages so don't know if i find that interesting. Question, are there skins for the characters? Superman is one of my favs but the suit he has looks so dumb. Are there alternative skins to make him look more... classic?

Hasney

Got Superman, Supergirl, Batman and Catwoman up to 20 now. Now just created an AI for Deadshot with max zoning and he just can''t be hit. So fucking hilarious.

Are the crystals used for anything other than shaders?
I really want Swamp Things lime green and black one, but I'm not sure if I should just wait for it to drop from a box.

ZeroX03

Banned
Are the crystals used for anything other than shaders?
I really want Swamp Things lime green and black one, but I'm not sure if I should just wait for it to drop from a box.

Shaders can drop, gear transmog and premium skins can't. The source crystals are extremely hard to farm so spend them wisely unless you're willing to pay real money.

Yeah, my arcade stick has turbo fire, so I just have a mug on the X button and it levels itself up with no input!

Turbo button brings back memories of my Genesis days.. wish I had one for PS4 lol. I'm just catching up on some EZA streams while occasionally pressing X.

But yeah I'm really thankful NRS put this in. Lets me save my shards for premier skins. :)

Used for making gear look like a different piece of gear too.

Shaders can drop, gear transmog and premium skins can't. The source crystals are extremely hard to farm so spend them wisely unless you're willing to pay real money.

Oh, right. I'd assumed that's what those green regen things where for, but I'm guessing that's just to reroll a piece then? Speaking of which, if I reroll an epic, will I get an epic back?

Do they get harder to find as you play? All I've done is all the tutorials aside from Braniac's (who I've not unlocked because I've not played story yet) along with some multiverse and guild multiverse modes, and I already have 3,500+, and that's after playing for about 3 hours in Friday, and a few yesterday.

Hasney

Turbo button brings back memories of my Genesis days.. wish I had one for PS4 lol. I'm just catching up on some EZA streams while occasionally pressing X.

But yeah I'm really thankful NRS put this in. Lets me save my shards for premier skins. :)

Ha, literally doing the same thing. Got the Huber and Kyle Injustice 2 full playthrough right now.

I'm actually starting to wonder if you'll ever be able to unlock all the premium skins with a standard copy without paying real money for source crystals. You can get a good amount of them but they seem mostly tied to completing/leveling up for the first time, so there has to be a finite amount of them unless they get handed out to special events.

Razmos

This games definition of AI difficulty seems to be "How easy is it for the enemy to trap you in a corner and stop you from getting up on a scale of 1-10"

Because that's all that seems to happen on higher AI difficulties, they just spam ranged attacks and endlessly combos you.

And fucking hell the "no special attacks" modifier applying to you and not the enemy is absolute bullshit. No combos, no super move, no character power. You are basically plinking away with basic attacks while the enemy unleashes everything at you. That's so fucking irritating.

ZeroX03

Banned
Oh, right. I'd assumed that's what those green regen things where for, but I'm guessing that's just to reroll a piece then? Speaking of which, if I reroll an epic, will I get an epic back?

Do they get harder to find as you play? All I've done is all the tutorials aside from Braniac's (who I've not unlocked because I've not played story yet) along with some multiverse and guild multiverse modes, and I already have 3,500+, and that's after playing for about 3 hours in Friday, and a few yesterday.

Green is just for rerolling. You get whatever rarity you put in at whatever level your character is. So generally save them for level 20 characters, but if you really need a strong piece on like a level 10 character you can do it, regen tokens are farmable.

You get source crystals from levelling your profile up, which slows down drastically. The first 5000 or so are easy, after that it's extremely slow. It's the paid currency.

Captain Cold's and Poison Ivy's corner pressure is I-N-S-A-N-E.

Captain Cold has damn near unblockables with his ice shard setups, his EX frost circle setups. A single throw in the right situation can lead to a freeze.

Poison Ivy with her thorns, and her trait can lead to you just sitting there taking chip damage and DoT. You HAVE to push block or use an invincible move to get out of that situation.

God I love this game.

As hard as I try, I can't see this "layer of inaccessibility" you keep talking about. Moves are easy to pull off, strings too. Supers have no execution barrier and interactibles are simple. New players to fighting games can mash strings without risk of failure, and none of what I just listed would be foreign to someone that's a bit more familiar with fighters like SF and Tekken.

Depth is another matter entirely, and IJ1 was not a lesser game than its peers, imo. You mention its tournament scene like it's damning evidence, but I'm not sure you're trying to say if it was short-lived, or that it had no meta.

A short shelf life means nothing (see Soul Calibur 5), and as far as metagame goes, it was fine from what I remember.

Anyhoo, depth and longevity and accessibility are two very separate beasts. It's way too early to talk about depth, and as far as accessibility goes, if this thread is any indication, people are pleased.

I think you're completely missing the point. How many people in this thread do you think are new to fighting games? FGCGaf do not give a representative perspective on a fighting games accessibility. Additionally, I'm not talking about whether people can perform them moves if they sit down and really try, I'm talking about whether people can easily pick up the game and have fun with it, feel like they can do something when they want to. I've been testing the waters with this game, with my housemates, friends, and colleagues, because it's a very easy fighting game to get people to try (due to the IP) and they struggle enormously.

It's not easy to teach them either. In something like SF you can tell them key normals and you can play the game like that, you don't need combos to win, you can win just by using the right normals, at the right time, especially in USFIV, but this much more combo centric, and that's the barrier to entry.

The god-awful tutorials don't help either. What's the point in tutorials that simply guide you through the move list? The moveset is already visible, in the move list. Anyone can enter practice and input these, the structured tutorials teach you very little about how to play the character.

Hasney

It's impossible to lose on very easy based on my observations so far. Do you get more XP on higher difficulties?

Oh, if you're not on endless which ramps up the difficulty as you progress, you'll just restart the event once you complete it as a player character Batman if you're not watching it. With a turbo, it's best to do endless and leave it. Should get a good 30 matches, then have to quit out once you see Batman.

ZeroX03

Banned
It's impossible to lose on very easy based on my observations so far. Do you get more XP on higher difficulties?

Oh, if you're not on endless which ramps up the difficulty as you progress, you'll just restart the event once you complete it as a player character Batman if you're not watching it. With a turbo, it's best to do endless and leave it. Should get a good 30 matches, then have to quit out once you see Batman.

Do it in AI Battle Simulator, not Endless, you can lose, but you can't break the loop. Plus it levels three characters at once. Unless you lose internet connection, you can leave it indefinitely.

Hasney

Do it in AI Battle Simulator, not Endless, you can lose, but you can't break the loop. Plus it levels three characters at once. Unless you lose internet connection, you can leave it indefinitely.

Good idea. Leave it on endless when I can watch it in the background, shove endless on for the box rewards when I don't have the daily rewards.

Can't help but be disappointed in some people in House of Ls 1 right now. Not going to call anyone out by name, but completing the Diamond Box Multiverse 22 times out of 30 is kinda not cool. Leave some for the rest of us next time please. :

Edit: this goes for other Guilds as well. Try to be considerate of your other guild members! :)

Hey sorry. I'm not sure how everything works yet but I thought I was helping. I feel like an asshole.

Top Bottom