• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Hasney

For SFV at least, even the regular DLC is not sharable.

If I buy a season pass for one account, ONLY that account can use the season pass as it's locked to my CFN.

At least here, one purchase of the Ultimate Edition means everyone who uses the console gets access.

Right, but if I buy UK currency, season pass or a costume code off eBay for my UK account, they all work on the US copy of the game for my UK account.

Reposting for the new page.
All right, I conducted my experiments and here's what happened.

To preface, I have the Ultimate Edition bought digitally on my UK account. My PS4 is primary for the UK account so my US account can access it just fine.

I bought 2k source crystals for my US account from the US store. It did NOT show up for either US or UK account.

I then bought 2k source crystals for my UK account from the UK store. It did show up on the UK account (naturally) but it DID NOT show up on my US account.

Tldr: Source Crystals are region locked just like all other DLC, and account locked.

fernoca

I've been using this sometimes, since us more if a player 2 controller. But plays and feelss fine.
20150409_134148.jpg

hamchan

So competitively are supermoves actually used? Because these 1 meter burn combos that are easy enough to do seem to do just as much damage.

Man like

What do I do with the neutral in this game? Flash or Darkseid.

With flash I feel like I should be doing b22 but it feels so slow in startup. And the same with Darkseid's f23

Fury451

Banned
So competitively are supermoves actually used? Because these 1 meter burn combos that are easy enough to do seem to do just as much damage.

They don't seem to be used often, no. Most of them are actually quite easy to block and dodge unless the person times it perfect to catch you on a bounce or otherwise in the middle of a combo, and even then it still has to connect in specific ways.

The meter burns and clash resolutions are much better and reliable uses of the meter.

Wallach

FC4 seems hard to find and/or expensive, is it an older model?

Hm... yeah it looks like they may have discontinued the FC4 in favor of the newer FC you're looking at.

I don't think you'd be going wrong with that one, they're very similar pads quality-wise. I just didn't feel the newer symmetrical design was quite as comfortable.

Btw sorry about whoever invited me ot the Guild boss from house of Ls 2 I was turboing characters all yesterday so wasn't really on. If I see it next time I will definitely be down to try it out.

Really? Who's the fourth in Hellblazer...?

Swamp Thing's Kid so only really his because they used his body

Marvel

could never
I was told Deadshot had no combos and was for scrubs, lol the hell. You can totally play aggressive and he does infact have cool looking and good enough damaging combos.

Learning him right now.

Zoning is all well and good but that won't ve my style with him much.

So what are the chances of a returning characters pack, or another season of DLC? I get the impression the game is already wildly successful.

Personally I want to see Shazam, Sinestro, and MMH return.

I'm sure people are aching for Nightwing and Batgirl though.

So what are the chances of a returning characters pack, or another season of DLC? I get the impression the game is already wildly successful.

Really want Shazam back too. Cheetah plays kind of similarly with her throw game, but I hate her strings and normals in comparison.

I could see at least 3 more DLC character or even more after the initial announced 9 characters.

I think Shazam and MMH chances are very slim but Sinestro could have a chance imo. Instead of Batgirl i could see Batwoman.

Alienous

I hope they do it.

There has to be a reason why at least two MKX characters will be appearing in the DLC beyond 'guest characters' - it probably allows them to get the characters out quickly.

They should do a 'Returning Characters' pack. Take 9 from Injustice 1.

Nightwing, Batgirl, Shazam, Sinestro, Martian Manhunter, Lex Luthor, Lobo, Zatanna, Raven...

Doomsday, Hawgirl, even Ares. Killer Frost and Solomon Grundy would still be interesting, but probably at the bottom of the list.

There are a ton of great characters that they'd already have at-least half of a movelist for.

My BC is too good. I'm stuck in Endless because she refuses to lose a match and I don't want to quit to main menu and lose the challenge.

Hasney

My BC is too good. I'm stuck in Endless because she refuses to lose a match and I don't want to quit to main menu and lose the challenge.

There was a guy on Reddit who is now top of the leaderboards accidentally because he won 300-odd fights. He ended up losing as when he got grey gear, he swapped it out for his good gear to nerf his stats.

Ryce

I'd say it's pretty likely. Within the last few weeks...
It's also worth noting that both Injustice 1 and Mortal Kombat X had additional DLC characters beyond the batch announced pre-release.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
There was a guy on Reddit who is now top of the leaderboards accidentally because he won 300-odd fights. He ended up losing as when he got grey gear, he swapped it out for his good gear to nerf his stats.

I just went 44 fights deep with a low gear Batman using the same set-up. None of my other builds go further than 30 fights in Endless.

I'd argue that high level combo execution is harder in this game that in SFV and the way air to air and anti-air attacks lead to juggle states along with how the animations flow mean that you need to improvise on how to juggle more so than other 2D fighters then on top of that you need to be extremely cognisant of how your resources are building at all times. Sure, there are some combos that are dial-in (like in all fighters) but other characters need some really tricky timing to execute max damage and confirms.

As for the neutral game, I think you can say that for any fighter played at a low level. Maybe wait a month or two before making your mind up on how things play out at the highest level. I'm maining Catwoman right now and all my damage comes from my use of normals.

I think it is too, not because the raw execution is harder, both games are easy-enough (still hard compared to non-fighting games) to execute their combos, but Injustice's are longer, which makes them harder by default. SFV has slightly more nuanced execution for its smaller combos though, I would say, as each button press is timing restricted, Injustice allows you to input a complete sequence at once, then only at particular points in the combo do you need to delay, and press a button at a particular time.

Injustice at large is like playing a SFV character like Ibuki, where her combos are initiated with simple target combos but the moments that intersect those simple strings can be quite complex. Still, I feel that SFV makes up for that simplicity with a better neutral game, footsies, more options for blockstrings and frametraps, etc.

Khezu

You can get this for 15 at most stores, and it feels sturdy and nice.
It also has pikachu on it, cant' go wrong with pikachu.

Though with it you can't really have a throw shortcut you have to do B+Y, and the interactable button has to be the ZR button, but it's right next to the face buttons, so it's easy to hit.

Perineum

Dr Fate is such a cool character. From colors, to outfits, etc.

However, all the other zoning characters in this game get way more damage across the board and combo capability which is a shame. Like, why use Fate when you could rock Oliver and still get 400+ damage off 1 meter? I watched a Fate combo video and the best people were getting was 400+ off 2 meters and tight timing. Fuck that.

LiK

That's a shame, but what I expected.

Hopefully they sell costume packs. It's all I care about personally. I'm level 43 with story mode beaten and have only earned about 9k crystals. Got Jay, half way to Vixen...

Costume packs? I'm sure they'll sell them. Easy money.

Perineum

Do we know when Red Hood might pop up? He's the character I'd most like to main if he has easy enough combos and damage.

With Early 2017 around the corner I may not come back to IJ2 once I start learning some Tekken.

Staf

Just started playing the campaign. I love it so far, despite the character assassinations of my two favorite superheroes Superman and WW.

Marvel

could never
That Pikachu pad looks surprisingly comfy...

Also, should have picked picked Deadshot sooner I'm actually winning more now (not by 100% zoning) he feels nice.

Top Bottom