• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

ZeroX03

Banned
Ugh The Flash's masks get worse and worse as they get higher level. Hope there's a really simple, subtle epic that I haven't seen. Armored, over designed Flash makes no sense.

Thankfully there's RF and Jay so he's guaranteed to look good with one of those.

Anyone got any tips for beating Atrocitus in one of the guild challenges ?

I've even resorted to try and fight fire with fire and selected him to try and out spam the same moves he's doing on me (left right x and down back x) still barely take any damage off him.

Certinty

I'm playing this in my UK account having bought this from the US PSN Store. Am I esentially screwed from buying source crystals?

Doctor Fate ending spoilers:

First off, it was nice to see
Constantine and Zatanna
pop up.
Secondly,
Constantine has a daughter?
Is that the case in the comics too?

Ugh The Flash's masks get worse and worse as they get higher level. Hope there's a really simple, subtle epic that I haven't seen. Armored, over designed Flash makes no sense.

Thankfully there's RF and Jay so he's guaranteed to look good with one of those.

Jay is life.

Constantine and Zatanna
pop up.
Secondly,

Jay is life.

He has 4 children. 3 of them were conceived by a demon the other one he didn't have much choice in the matter as someone took control of his body. I believe he has 2 boys and 2 girls

I'm playing this in my UK account having bought this from the US PSN Store. Am I esentially screwed from buying source crystals?

You and me both, man.

I'm 99% sure that if you buy the Source Crystals on the US account, then the UK account should get them too. Worked in MKX, and Darkseid and the Ultimate Edition is DLC that is definitely sharable.

I'm actually doing the opposite. Bought it on the UK account and playing it on the US.
Black Canary feels really fun and easy to just go in and hypothesize good damage. Once I discovered some 400+ meterless damage within about 1-2 hours worth of time...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FejRkqSjJR8

Feels SO good~

Especially once I figured I could use df3 to close the cap off of her MAX trait from midscreen.
Black Canary is best girl.

i kind of like wonder woman when she's mean.

rLeBu_d.jpg

you can always transmute to keep a style you like, right?

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm 99% sure that if you buy the Source Crystals on the US account, then the UK account should get them too. Worked in MKX, and Darkseid and the Ultimate Edition is DLC that is definitely sharable.[/URL]

That'd be extremely surprising. DLC being shared is pretty normal, but currencies are almost always locked to your account ID. I've never seen a case where they haven't been.

If someone wants to test, I'd love to know but I'd be shocked if that were the case.

you can always transmute to keep a style you like, right?

Yeah but if you're spending crystals on Flash, at that point you might as well get Jay and RF.

Errr wut, canary gets 400 meter less dmg? I'm spent all of mine for 600 lol

You can easily get around 650 damage by spending 2 bars and using her level 3 trait.

She hits HARD, she has solid mixups and has awesome mobility and ways to close the gap. One underrated aspect about her is the corner carry, she can so easily carry you to the corner from mid-screen by just spending one bar.
That'd be extremely surprising. DLC being shared is pretty normal, but currencies are almost always locked to your account ID. I've never seen a case where they haven't been.

If someone wants to test, I'd love to know but I'd be shocked if that were the case..
That'd kinda suck for me if it's true :(

Hopefully the skins will be purchasable separately as part of packs and not just locked behind Source Crystals.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

Constantine and Zatanna
pop up.
Secondly,

In the Injustice universe, yeah.
Her name's Rose. He technically has 3 kids in the Hellblazer OG universe, but that's down to a demon, Rosacarnis, doing some weird voodoo shit on him.

He has 4 children. 3 of them were conceived by a demon the other one he didn't have much choice in the matter as someone took control of his body. I believe he has 2 boys and 2 girls

Does Injustice follow Hellblazer continuity? Rose isn't in the latter, is she?

i kind of like wonder woman when she's mean.

rLeBu_d.jpg

giphy.gif

Marvel

could never
You can easily get around 650 damage by spending 2 bars and using her level 3 trait.

She hits HARD, she has solid mixups and has awesome mobility and ways to close the gap. One underrated aspect about her is the corner carry, she can so easily carry you to the corner from mid-screen by just spending one bar.
That'd kinda suck for me if it's true :(

Hopefully the skins will be purchasable separately as part of packs and not just locked behind Source Crystals.

I never knew, huh I will try her out at some point.

Alo0oy

Banned
Do it in AI Battle Simulator, not Endless, you can lose, but you can't break the loop. Plus it levels three characters at once. Unless you lose internet connection, you can leave it indefinitely.

Good idea. Leave it on endless when I can watch it in the background, shove endless on for the box rewards when I don't have the daily rewards.

Is it worth it to buy a turbo stick or should I just buy the currency and level them up?

ZeroX03

Banned
Is it worth it to buy a turbo stick or should I just buy the currency and level them up?

I mean... how badly do you want your characters to be level 20? I'm pretty sure a turbo pad is cheaper than spending the $100 in source crystals you'd need anyway. Or if you want to play other fighters, for example T7 around the corner, get a stick for that that just happens to have turbo. I don't really think you should go out of your way to spend a whole bunch of money just to level characters, do it because you wouldn't mind an extra pad or a stick or whatever. If you intend to spend 100+ hours on the game you'll grind it out eventually.

ZeroX03

Banned
I bought the game from the UK but bought Source Crystals through my NZ account. Surprisingly, it worked. Twice.

That's slightly different, UK and NZ use the same storefront. An NZ copy of Injustice can still access the ordinary PSN store, a US copy on a UK account could not.

Did you receive them on both your UK and NZ account? Got a US account?

*gasp*

This changes everything!

Hold your horses there...

UK and all of EU is Region 2.

Australia, New Zealand and pretty much all of Oceania is Region 4.

If the game is indeed Region 2, and he bought the Source Crystals on a Region 4 account then it's tied to the account and not region locked ( but also not sharable most likely).

Let's see how this roller coaster ride ends.

Oh man, am I ever going to actually play this game again? I've spent most of my considerable number of hours with the game simply watching the AI do my fighting for me. I'm astonishingly lazy and this game isn't helping.

Alo0oy

Banned
I mean... how badly do you want your characters to be level 20? I'm pretty sure a turbo pad is cheaper than spending the $100 in source crystals you'd need anyway. Or if you want to play other fighters, for example T7 around the corner, get a stick for that that just happens to have turbo. I don't really think you should go out of your way to spend a whole bunch of money just to level characters, do it because you wouldn't mind an extra pad or a stick or whatever. If you intend to spend 100+ hours on the game you'll grind it out eventually.

Wow, I thought it was $20 or something, at that price I should probably buy a stick.

ZeroX03

Banned
UK and all of EU is Region 2.

Australia, New Zealand and pretty much all of Oceania is Region 4.

That has nothing to do with it. UK, EU and ANZ all use the same PSN. Not the same as US.

Wow, I thought it was $20 or something, at that price I should probably buy a stick.

10k source crystals to level boost one character. It's the most expensive you can buy with them.

You can get a decent stick for $150 or a turbo pad for $50, either way a better investment.

Marvel

could never
Oh man, am I ever going to actually play this game again? I've spent most of my considerable number of hours with the game simply watching the AI do my fighting for me. I'm astonishingly lazy and this game isn't helping.
I'm taking a little break from pkaying myself, letting my A.I favorites lv up before I learn em.

Bunch of gear sat there unable to be used.

Hasney

That's slightly different, UK and NZ use the same storefront. An NZ copy of Injustice can still access the ordinary PSN store, a US copy on a UK account could not.

With FIFA points, you have to go to the store and buy them on your UK account and then they show up in the US copy. Same thing with Street Fighter V. You just can't use the in-game link because that tries to access the US store.

I believe all account based unlocks like microtransactions rather than copy based DLC works the same way.

ZeroX03

Banned
Wait really? I thought the stores (and games) were split into 4 regions. By that logic, shouldn't the ANZ store be different from the UK/European store?

Yes, really. It's why UK, EU and ANZ all have the exact same sales. There's slight differences in offerings due to some regional stuff and obviously currencies and prices vary, but the backend is all the EU one.

With FIFA points, you have to go to the store and buy them on your UK account and then they show up in the US copy. Same thing with Street Fighter V. You just can't use the in-game link because that tries to access the US store.

I believe all account based unlocks like microtransactions rather than copy based DLC works the same way.

Ah interesting, yeah, this is probably the most likely way to work (and even then I wouldn't like *bet* on it).

If you've got a US copy playing on a non-US account, don't buy them on your US account, it'll only work for the US copy.

It's weird because they can region lock and account lock DLC, premium currencies are always account locked and DLC is usually region locked but if the currencies are not region locked... cool.

Aww snap, can't believe I never realized that. Thanks for the info.
It's weird because they can region lock and account lock DLC, premium currencies are always account locked but if they're not region locked... cool.
That is indeed pretty nifty (if that's the case).

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I'm taking a little break from pkaying myself, letting my A.I favorites lv up before I learn em.

Bunch of gear sat there unable to be used.

I'm doing the same.

Basically, any character I'm interested in learning, I'm going to AI grind to level 20 first. After that, I'll pick up the controller again.

Marvel

could never
I'm doing the same.

Basically, any character I'm interested in learning, I'm going to AI grind to level 20 first. After that, I'll pick up the controller again.
Yeah it's neat, I'm currently watching NXT Takeover whilst Deadshot does his thang.

ZeroX03

Banned
Aww snap, can't believe I never realized that. Thanks for the info.
That is indeed pretty nifty (if that's the case).

I'm now curious enough that I'll probably test it tomorrow with a small purchase, but if someone else wants to try instead, be my guest.

Couldn't find the source crystals on the UK/ANZ web store but it showed up on the console (not in-game) store.

Hasney

I apologise in advance if anyone sees me in ranked. I want the 10 wins trophy before Deadshot is patched.... I'm so sorry for the extra mature cheese.

Spinky

I'm pretty sure I got them on both accounts. I do have a US account, haven't looked on there. I also don't have the Crystals anymore since I spent 'em.

Marvel

could never
Dead shot: Hola amigo!

Bane: Do not butcher my language

Deadshot: Fine I'll just butcher you

Lol, can I just say Bane and Scarecrow have best sounding voices in this game. Relaxing to listen to

All right, I conducted my experiments and here's what happened.

To preface, I have the Ultimate Edition bought digitally on my UK account. My PS4 is primary for the UK account so my US account can access it just fine.

I bought 2k source crystals for my US account from the US store. It did NOT show up for either US or UK account.

I then bought 2k source crystals for my UK account from the UK store. It did show up on the UK account (naturally) but it DID NOT show up on my US account.

Tldr: Source Crystals are region locked just like all other DLC, and account locked.

Hasney

All right, I conducted my experiments and here's what happened.

To preface, I have the Ultimate Edition bought digitally on my UK account. My PS4 is primary for the UK account so my US account can access it just fine.

I bought 2k source crystals for my US account from the US store. It did NOT show up for either US or UK account.

I then bought 2k source crystals for my UK account from the UK store. It did show up on the UK account (naturally) but it DID NOT show up on my US account.

Tldr: Source Crystals are region locked just like all other DLC, and account locked.

I wonder why WB do this shit when EA and Capcom don't. Especially when they're one of the few publishers left who delay for Europe.

I wonder why WB do this shit when EA and Capcom don't.
For SFV at least, even the regular DLC is not sharable.

If I buy a season pass for one account, ONLY that account can use the season pass as it's locked to my CFN.

At least here, one purchase of the Ultimate Edition means everyone who uses the console gets access.

Top Bottom