• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

Staf

Wasn't feeling the game as i was progressing through the story (from a gameplay perspective that is). Until i got to play as Black Canary, everything just clicked.

Razmos

How much do we think the DLC characters are gonna cost?

I'm wondering if upgrading to the ultimate edition might be cheaper (or only slightly higher) than buying all the character packs as they are released.

BlizzKrut

Banned
I don't think we're getting any more stages, but there are three I'd really like to see.
  • Themyscira (bridge overlooking a waterfall, with lush greenery, mountains, and buildings in the background)
  • Ferris Aircraft (desert airfield with a stage transition involving a fighter jet)
  • Flash Museum (various Rogue weapons on display, usable as interactions)
Oa and Apokolips would be ideal, but I doubt we'd get cosmic stages.

Sad there isn't an Oa stage yet :/

Compbros

How much do we think the DLC characters are gonna cost?

I'm wondering if upgrading to the ultimate edition might be cheaper (or only slightly higher) than buying all the character packs as they are released.

It's usually 5 but Darkseid was 6 so may be a new model.

Certinty

In the $20 fighter pack 1 you get the 3 characters and the Gods Shader Pack and Power Girl premiere skin.

So if each character is $6 based off Darkseid you're esentially paying $2 for 6000 source crystals and the Shader Pack.

Personally I'll just be buying the characters I want individually. Will save a lot of money this way. Either that or getting the $40 upgrade seems to be the best way.

Codiox

Is this game hard to learn for someone who absolutely failed at MKX competitive?

Also is this played with controller or arcade stick?

Xeteh

Thanks, then i'll apply to the GAF one as the parasite i am.

There's guild "quests" which basically amount to using X amount of super moves or interactables or playing in x matches. Once they're completed everyone in the guild gets a loot box. There's also a guild multiverse each week, one of the quests in that is to fight a boss which 3 people do together with one person fighting at a time and the other two get to throw power ups or abilities.

Altairre

You should be able to mark a character as your main to increase the chances of getting gear for that character in boxes. At this rate it'll take forever to get something decent for Supergirl.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Black canary really great and her facial animation is fantastic.

Although I keep pressing her counter button by accident and fucking everything up

Xeteh

Haha.
I kinda feel bad for that.
The Guild I created usually earns like 60+ loot boxes daily, while I'm at work. XD

And I can barely fight well, so I leave positive messages in the chat. :p

Man guild 2 is so inactive lol

Got one box last night, probably about 6 all of yesterday.

fernoca

Man guild 2 is so inactive lol

Got one box last night, probably about 6 all of yesterday.
Guess it helps I left it free/open. It didn't started been active until 2 days after launch.

I just started the game right now (around 12 hours since I last did), and yep..39 loot boxes: 33 gray, 4 silver, 1 gold and 1 platinum.

Plus the 32 from 12 hours ago, and possibly 30 more later today.

Just enjoying it while it lasts. XD

Xeteh

BC players, what extra abilities do you give Dinah? I'm currently running meter burn trait and air trait instead of the clutch.

I only have Air Cry and Clutch and idk, Clutch seems kind of shit since it requires your trait so I haven't really touched it.

Man, no wonder I couldn't get that wall bounce (B3) to come out and it would constantly do the normal '3' attack. This drove me to utter frustration because it lead to a whole lot of missed or dropped combos.. it also explained why I would often jump neutral rather than backwards.

Seems the left button for my d-pad is broken (or registers inputs about.. 70% of the time). But I haven't even used this controller much for fighting games (so the d-pad was left relatively unused). Anyone experienced this before and know a fix?

DARKSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEID.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Gravemind IV/video/31430714#t=16

Chamber

love on your sleeve
You should be able to mark a character as your main to increase the chances of getting gear for that character in boxes. At this rate it'll take forever to get something decent for Supergirl.

Yeah, such is the problem with any loot game. I've got full sets of epic gear for characters I have no intention of using but my Supergirl and Batman are still rocking common gear at Level 20.

Jesus Christ, what a comback: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8-3XTbyvpQ
I've been trying to learn her and WOW, she has a lot more freeform combos than I was expecting.

Seems like she could be a lot of fun, but she's a lot like F.A.N.G in that she requires a lot of time and practice to get good at and she's also lower in the tier-list as compared to the rest of the cast.

Event hubs has her at 9th.

She gets pretty mauled at close range but she deals well with the other zoning characters with her ground spike.

Bob White

Is there a way to find out which specials are invincible on startup? Or do I have to go into training mode and test it manually :(

I don't know all but I DO know that Robin's Sword Dance DP is an invincible start up move that can be meter burned to be a nice safe -3.

When he lands from the first flip,and if he inputted the meter burn slowly, he's punishable. BUT, if the opponent mashes the meter burn part then the full move turns into a true block string. Sooo, on wake up, Robin can fucking put you in a guessing game with his dp like he's using fel long's rekas. derp

edit never mind! sword dance not invincible

KGoogle

Just picked this game up as it looks awesome but im not very good at fighting games, what character should i start with that will also be competitive?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
OMG! I finally beat Grodd in this multiverse mission after about 2 hours of trying. Of course, when I say "I" beat him I mean my AI Dr. Fate did with heavy dose of zoning.

dpO7gU3.gif

Top Bottom