• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 |OT| Grodd's Among Us

sinkfla87

This x1000000000000000000

There needs to be some quality of life updates as the game goes on involving things like this.

-Option to open all motherboxes at once.
-Option to choose whether you want to sell unboxed loot for currency or have it sent to your inventory (having to go to characters I don't play just to clean up the 50 pieces of gear out of ocd is annoying).
-Option to sell Platinum/Diamond boxes for source crystals or xp boosts for other characters.
-Increase character XP cap with each update, offering new gear or new perks.

I got more later lol.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Maybe it's me, but the multiverse boss fights are too hard. I was able to finish my first one, and it took me hours. I'm better off leaving the ai take care of them, though they too get their ass handed to them most of the time. :(

They're ridiculous. Double health and seemingly double the damage output as well. If the game didn't have the AI battle feature, I wouldn't even bother with them.

patchday

Maybe it's me, but the multiverse boss fights are too hard. I was able to finish my first one, and it took me hours. I'm better off leaving the ai take care of them, though they too get their ass handed to them most of the time. :(.

yeah it really sucks getting to the end and have to grind down a tough boss.

Tidalwave

Superman has the least variety of armor in the game currently.

And the fact that he literally only has one headgear doesn't help since everyone looks the fucking same.
Can you change his laser color like Kara? And how do you do that anyways? Saw a Batman with blue batarangs.

Slaythe

Can you change his laser color like Kara? And how do you do that anyways? Saw a Batman with blue batarangs.

You need to get a complete set of Epic Gear.

Not gonna lie to you, it's semi impossible.

I've been playing this game a lot and I don't have more than two pieces that match lol. Out of millions of players some got it with sheer RNG, but it's not realistic to expect to get one.

It's pretty shitty.

Naite

Maybe it's me, but the multiverse boss fights are too hard. I was able to finish my first one, and it took me hours. I'm better off leaving the ai take care of them, though they too get their ass handed to them most of the time. :(
All my boss fight encounters involve me picking Cyborg and doing nothing but spamming his 1,1 string. If he gets hit or blocks, he's about close enough to do another 1,1. It's slow and boring as fuck but it's the most effective for me so far.

Tidalwave

I've been playing this game a lot and I don't have more than two pieces that match lol. Out of millions of players some got it with sheer RNG, but it's not realistic to expect to get one.

It's pretty shitty.
Oh wow. Same. Almost exclusively as Superman too. That's...bullshit. :(

I suck so bad at this game but gosh dam is it fun. I sucked at first one as well and had fun. I just can't pull of anything but simple combo strings , but dayum it's a blast

fernoca

I suck so bad at this game but gosh dam is it fun. I sucked at first one as well and had fun. I just can't pull of anything but simple combo strings , but dayum it's a blast
Yeah.
I've been playing fighting games for over two decades.

Do I learn new combos? Strategies? Counters? Do I block? XD

Once I do a simple combo, that's all I do. And love it.

Village

Hey story question

hear me out here

How in the fuck did batman just beat black adam, i'm not saying he's unstoppable, but barring WW he should basically in that world be unstoppable. Him and Shazzam are magical supermen without weakness besides saying shazam, doesn't mean they can't be overpowered and beaten, but batman has nothing to fight them, and problablem never had a contingency plan to fight that. Hell batman's contegency plan in the story was " well he kind of doesn't give half a shit about anything outside of kandaq so we are fine" . Like what? WHAT?

Emouse

I have a really dumb question, what does the ability stat do? does it increase the damage of your special moves or is that tied into the strength stat too?

Hey story question

hear me out here

How in the fuck did batman just beat black adam, i'm not saying he's unstoppable, but barring WW he should basically in that world be unstoppable. Him and Shazzam are magical supermen without weakness besides saying shazam, doesn't mean they can't be overpowered and beaten, but batman has nothing to fight them, and problablem never had a contingency plan to fight that. Hell batman's contegency plan in the story was " well he kind of doesn't give half a shit about anything outside of kandaq so we are fine" . Like what? WHAT?

something something Kyrptonian pills

I have a really dumb question, what does the ability stat do? does it increase the damage of your special moves or is that tied into the strength stat too?

not 100% sure, but I believe ability stat is for special attacks, and strength is normal attacks.

edit: I'm correct

DR2K

Banned
Hey story question

hear me out here

I don't even understand Batman beating WonderWoman in the beginning of the game.

eizarus

Banned
Damn I'm loving ​this game. Getting my ass kicked on medium though :(

Do the cosmetic changes not effect the characters look in story mode?

Altairre

It's pretty shitty.

I hope they change that at some point. There should really be some option to let you work towards a certain set, maybe trade in other pieces of epic gear or something like that.

fernoca

I hope they change that at some point. There should really be some option to let you work towards a certain set, maybe trade in other pieces of epic gear or something like that.
I guess that is the kind of thing that they will change at some point, maybe in a year or so. The game is not even 1 week old so those that do have one had to really grind for hours to be lucky enough to get them. Otherwise, there would be many players with full epic sets in a week.

Marvel

could never
I now really want Penguin to be a playable character.
Sneak peak of his epic gear.
kt8xl40n

Village

I don't even understand Batman beating WonderWoman in the beginning of the game.

Also this

something something Kyrptonian pills

not 100% sure, but I believe ability stat is for special attacks, and strength is normal attacks.

That should make him weaker to black adam.

You could maybe argue that how wonder woman despite the magic is just a really strong woman, and and most of her weapons aren't magic.

But black adam is literally a magic man, literally made of magic you summon by saying magical words made using the magical power of the gods. Black adam and Shazzam should actually be unstoppable to most of the cast.

Batman shouldn't have any real mans to stop or any contingency plan against wonder woman , black adam or Aquaman.

Hell that's the plot of flash point, there is no superman figure so aquaman and wonder woman are just messing up the planet. Like what, what?

Vice

Also this

That should make him weaker to black adam.

You could maybe argue that how wonder woman despite the magic is just a really strong woman, and and most of her weapons aren't magic.

But black adam is literally a magic man, literally made of magic you summon by saying magical words made using the magical power of the gods. Black adam and Shazzam should actually be unstoppable to most of the cast.

Batman shouldn't have any real mans to stop or any contingency plan against wonder woman , black adam or Aquaman.

Hell that's the plot of flash point, there is no superman figure so aquaman and wonder woman are just messing up the planet. Like what, what?
I don't recall the pill introducing new weaknesses into those who took them. It was a raw power boost.

I don't recall the pill introducing new weaknesses into those who took them. It was a raw power boost.

Yeah I mean, I don't recall the specifics, but the pills just give them the strength and not the weaknesses, unless that was brought up in the comics.

Well, no, cause then they couldn't be around their own super weapon Kryptonite in IJ1. So yeah, I guess there's no catch to the pills?

JJShadow

Step into Multiplayer just to give it a try. So far, I have only encountered Deathshots and Supergirls just spamming bullet rain and teleport respectively

Back to SP it is lol

With MvCI not coming out till September I've got a few months open for a new fighting game. I'm not really into the DC universe but I've played multiple games and seen many films starring DC characters that I've enjoyed over the years so there is some appeal in playing a DC fighting game for me. Never played Injustice 1 but from what I've heard and seen this game seems to pretty much be better than Injustice 1 in every regard so I'm open to giving it a shot but there are a few things holding me back from jumping on board and I'd like to ask you guys for some answers.

A lot of the stuff critics seem to be praising Injustice 2 for are things I'm actually really skeptical towards. The amount of single player content seems nice on paper but I'm primarily going to be playing online if I get this. The custom gear seems to be a big focus in the games so I have a few questions about it:

1. Can you use custom gear online?

2. How much of an impact does custom gear have?

3. Can you spend real money to get custom gear?

If any of those questions are answered with a 'yes' then I'm going to be very hesitant, to be honest. Just like with a lot of other WB games, Injustice 2 looks like a quality product that is hamstrung by some really bullshit practices.

Also, is the online actually good? Like, is it at least on par with UMvC3 or is it MK9 tier? MK9 is the only other NRS game I've played and the online in that was atrocious.

Magwik

Banned

1. Yes player matches use gear but both players can agree to turn stats off, ranked matches do not.
2. Impact depends on the level difference and just the buffs and such from pieces. Ultimately it isn't really a meaningful difference.
3. No

I crumbled and got this game, since MVC:I won't have Magneto/Doom until next year at best and I need to play fighting games with caped dudes.

Liking it alot more than I thought, definitely more than I enjoyed MKX. There's at least 6 characters I enjoy playing whereas in MKX, I only liked Sub-Zero who was ass and Ermac. Plus I guess Doctor Fate sort of looks like Magneto.

I'm still not a fan of the NRS hit confirm and combo system and I don't like how RNG the loot system is, but still a mighty enjoyable fighter to keep me busy until MVC:I ultimately disappoints me and I only buy it once they release Fox characters.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
With MvCI not coming out till September I've got a few months open for a new fighting game. I'm not really into the DC universe but I've played multiple games and seen many films starring DC characters that I've enjoyed over the years so there is some appeal in playing a DC fighting game for me. Never played Injustice 1 but from what I've heard and seen this game seems to pretty much be better than Injustice 1 in every regard so I'm open to giving it a shot but there are a few things holding me back from jumping on board and I'd like to ask you guys for some answers.

A lot of the stuff critics seem to be praising Injustice 2 for are things I'm actually really skeptical towards. The amount of single player content seems nice on paper but I'm primarily going to be playing online if I get this. The custom gear seems to be a big focus in the games so I have a few questions about it:

If any of those questions are answered with a 'yes' then I'm going to be very hesitant, to be honest. Just like with a lot of other WB games, Injustice 2 looks like a quality product that is hamstrung by some really bullshit practices.

Also, is the online actually good? Like, is it at least on par with UMvC3 or is it MK9 tier? MK9 is the only other NRS game I've played and the online in that was atrocious.

You should really give it a shot. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. In fact I think after playing online you'll come to see NRS as the benchmark as far as online goes. Partway through MKX NRS patched in a completely reworked netcode (ggpo) that is also used for injustice 2. It is far, far better than SFV.

Nothing is pay to win here. For ranked (ie competitive online) the gear is purely cosmetic. You can fart around in "rooms" (ie social) where the gear does impact matches, often in meaningful ways.

1. Yes player matches use gear but both players can agree to turn stats off, ranked matches do not.
2. Impact depends on the level difference and just the buffs and such from pieces. Ultimately it isn't really a meaningful difference.
3. No

Wait, so in player matches gear only plays a role if BOTH players agree to use them? And players can't use gear in ranked? Am I reading this right?

Wait, so in player matches gear only plays a role if BOTH players agree to use them? And players can't use gear in ranked? Am I reading this right?

No, in player matches, gear is turned on by default and both player need to agree to disable it. You're correct that in ranked matches, gear is disabled.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

In the first game, Batman has technology to make "durability pills" from kryptonian nanotech, that basically brought everyone to equal levels of strength, but apparently still way below superman. I guess that's around Wonder Woman level.

I don't think there's anything to suspect he lost that technology.

In ranked, gear stats are disabled (tney only affect your character's look).

In player matches, gear stat bonuses are on by default. If BOTH players agree to turn them off, then they are turned off.

No, in player matches, gear is turned on by default and both player need to agree to disable it. You're correct that in ranked matches, gear is disabled.

That blows. How quickly can you unlock decent gear? I'm willing to play through the story mode and tutorials but outside of that I kinda just wanna jump into training and online matches like I do in other fighters.

3. Can you spend real money to get custom gear?.

1) yes, though not in ranked, and if both players agree to it, the advantages can be turned off

2) a fair amount, depending on gear/attributes/character builds and playstyles, etc.

3) no, though you can buy a currency to buy shaders and cosmetic shit

That blows. How quickly can you unlock decent gear? I'm willing to play through the story mode and tutorials but outside of that I kinda just wanna jump into training and online matches like I do in other fighters.

Gear is randomly accrued. I have Level 1 Epic gear for many characters.

wrongway

Finally got a little play time and did my first handful of ranked games. Super happy that ranked matchmaking is consistently quick and lag-free so far. Even though I have no MMR, it even somehow did a great job of giving me good fights. Never felt out of my depth as a noob. :D

Now to go back to being productive for a bit. :(

Top Bottom