• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Kizer

It was stuck in crossover hell with Swamp Thing, but seems to be trending back to good again after the crossover ended.

The Darkseid omission is more frustrating since there is an animated model in the game.

You didn't like Rotworld? I thought that was pretty good.

ReiGun

I really like them both, honestly. They are both my favorite teen heroes that DC has to offer at the moment.
Same. I really do love BB. Shame I didn't care much for his new 52 series.

Went on *way* too long.
Yeah if the whole rot saga had ended at like 12 issues, it would have been perfect. Though, I suspect that it will read amazingly in trade. Hope DC puts put a big omnibus collection.

Sounds like Hueco Mundo. Bleach fans know what I'm talking about, bleh.
It wasn't anywhere near that bad. lol

Ryce

The Darkseid omission is more frustrating since there is an animated model in the game.
Yep, and the "Darkseid has to be the big bad" argument doesn't really work if he's DLC. They're supplemental characters; they don't tie into the story mode. He doesn't deserve to miss out on the game due to the possibility that he'll be the end boss in a hypothetical sequel releasing six years from now.

tim1138

Yep, and the "Darkseid has to be the big bad" argument doesn't really work if he's DLC. They're supplemental characters; they don't tie into the story mode. He doesn't deserve to miss out on the game due to the possibility that he'll be the end boss in a hypothetical sequel releasing six years from now.

Agreed. What I wouldn't give for a New Gods DLC pack with Darkseid, Orion, Mr Miracle, and Big Barda.

Daingurse

Agreed. What I wouldn't give for a New Gods DLC pack with Darkseid, Orion, Mr Miracle, and Big Barda.

funny-gifs-want.gif

Hey NetherRealm! Do this! I don't even own the game yet and I'd buy it lol.

Fuck Cyborg S.T.A.R Labs. Anyone got tips for a greater than 40% damage combo.

Edit: Nevermind. You have to use a meter burn move and then a super move so its technically impossible in real fights but with infinite super metere its do-able

Daingurse

I'm a sucker for Darkseid's dialogue. I want to hear the soothing sound of his voice while tormenting Superman and co.

Me too, love me some Darkseid. This is one of my favorite Darkseid scenes, only thing it lacks is Michael Ironside.

You Dare!

Seriously how can Darkseid even how back his power that much!

Urge to buy rising. I haven't played an MK since 4 on N64

It's essentially MK right?

I'm not a huge fan of MK's style but I'm loving this. It's different enough for me to enjoy. The push back for block makes all the difference in the world.

Just wish there were more characters to choose from.

Vanish

I cannot, for the life me, do even the most basic of combos with any character in this game. The last fighting game I got into was Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and doing combos there was super easy so maybe that game spoiled me. At best, I can only perform a combo like 40% of the time. It's just that after the first 2 or 3 hits, the rest either doesnt come out or it comes out way too late and the combo is dropped. Any tips on the timing of the combos in this game or how to perform them consistently? I have to missing something.

Alchemy

Whats the best version of this game? I'm thinking of picking this up on the PS3 just for the controller. Not seeing any clear winner in the performance department.

galvatron

I cannot, for the life me, do even the most basic of combos with any character in this game. The last fighting game I got into was Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 and doing combos there was super easy so maybe that game spoiled me. At best, I can only perform a combo like 40% of the time. It's just that after the first 2 or 3 hits, the rest either doesnt come out or it comes out way too late and the combo is dropped. Any tips on the timing of the combos in this game or how to perform them consistently? I have to missing something.

Dial the strings in and do special cancels during the animation of the last hit...you might even need to put the stick back to neutral to get the special to come out if the button for the special is also a continuation of the string you're doing.

Whats the best version of this game? I'm thinking of picking this up on the PS3 just for the controller. Not seeing any clear winner in the performance department.

People say WiiU for performance, Xbox comes second and has iOS costumes, and PS3 because most GAFers are playing there. I double dipped today since it's only $35 now, so I'm on the latter 2 options.

Alfredo

So, what's the word on the Arrow Battle Arena DLC Skin code? I never got an email, and I'm damn sure I voted in that first series of matches and picked Xbox 360 as my console of choice...

Just picked this up, Toys R Us gave me a $5 off coupon too.

Only played MK9 for like ten minutes at a friend's place, so I'm pretty new to the whole NRS style. Gonna try out Shazam and Hal.

Grecco

So, what's the word on the Arrow Battle Arena DLC Skin code? I never got an email, and I'm damn sure I voted in that first series of matches and picked Xbox 360 as my console of choice...

me too i got the flash avatar shirt but no arrow skin

vg260

MK9's DLC characters were released within 2-3 weeks of each other. Lobo's coming out 3 weeks after the launch of Injustice. This is what I'm expecting:

May 7 - Lobo
May 28 - Batgirl
June 18 - Zod (4 days after Man of Steel premiere)
July 9 - Scorpion

I'm hoping they'll announce plans for a second wave of DLC at Comic-Con (July 18-21), headlined by Martian Manhunter.

If that's the case they better to appease the disappointed fans.

Slurmer

Banned
Does anyone here play Joker?

He seems weird...

Supposedly he is a higher tier character, but his tech just isn't that well known yet so everyone thinks he sucks. There's a Joker vs. Killer Frost video on YouTube that shows off some things you can do with him.

shaowebb

As far as potential DLC goes I got my own characters I hope make it in that I'd prefer, but honestly if they all add something different and useful like Lobo looks to do then I dont care who they choose. Its the movesets that'll make them worth having.

Lobo looks to add a style of combos and play not really present in the current roster and I dig that a lot.
Does anyone here play Joker?

He seems weird...

Put the Pig signal in the air and ask Pig of the Hut. He seems really into him.

galvatron

Just picked this up, Toys R Us gave me a $5 off coupon too.

Only played MK9 for like ten minutes at a friend's place, so I'm pretty new to the whole NRS style. Gonna try out Shazam and Hal.

That coupon came with so many exclusions, including video game systems and video games, that I have no idea what I'd buy with it.

Bah. I have managed to get the WBID link working on both sides but I haven't unlocked any rewards that I've earned on my console or my iPad.

shaowebb

Injustice took #1 in the UK and took out Bioshock Infinite's reign at the top. First #1 ranked fighter since 02/2012 and that was a UFC game so I'm not certain if that counts.

Im betting we get more than 4 DLC characters after that and that this is a pretty solid reason for WB to greenlight sequels in the years to come. Shoutouts to God's Beard on this one for talking smack bout NRS fans in the Skullgirls thread. ;)

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I just realized Black Manta isn't in this game. Odd. Also, I thought the had some sort of DLC facebook contest between Batgirl and Power Girl, and PG won in a landslide. Must have misread that.

Ryce

Also, I thought the had some sort of DLC facebook contest between Batgirl and Power Girl, and PG won in a landslide. Must have misread that.
Nope, just this. It's a play on the fact that all three characters have "girl" in their names -- Ed Boon was Tweeting a bunch of similar things at the time. I never construed it as a poll of any kind, but you know how hive minds can be.

vg260

And in many interviews in which Boon has clued us in on Martian Manhunter, is why I'm confident that MMH will be a DLC character.

If not, it would be the biggest troll ever. Also was that MMH logo on the actual final product? It also has the Robin logo in that pic.

This game is reallly great. I love Netherrealm's fighters because of the ridiculous amount of content. I can't get into games like Marvel vs. Capcom since I don't really play multiplayer.

Vanish

Dial the strings in and do special cancels during the animation of the last hit...you might even need to put the stick back to neutral to get the special to come out if the button for the special is also a continuation of the string you're doing.

thanks, I will try this, hopefully it helps.

Khezu

Your getting Batgirl and your going to enjoy it!

I swear to god I don't think I have ever won and air to air in this game, not once.

Ryce

I'm confident Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion will be releasing as DLC, but I also think there's a good chance we'll see a couple of additional characters beyond the initial four.

Batgirl, Zod & Scorpion
  1. The end credits include the voice actors for Lobo, Batgirl, and Scorpion. While Batgirl's actress is apparently also the announcer, David Sobolov (Lobo) and Patrick Seitz (Scorpion) do not provide voices for any of the other characters. (J.G. Hertzler voices Deathstroke, not Seitz.)
  2. The Season Pass INI file includes Lobo, Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion.
  3. The Portuguese dubbing studio's Facebook page listed actors for Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion. These voice actors are also in the Portuguese section of the end credits.

Additional DLC Characters
Hector Sanchez (3/22) said:
24 characters are gonna be be available in the game upon launch, and then obviously we're going to continue to support the game after launch with DLC characters that'll be coming on a little bit more, and we haven't finalized the number yet, but we just announced the ability to purchase a season pass for at least four characters that are gonna be coming out post-launch. (Source)

Ed Boon (4/17) said:
We are going to have at least four characters […] Beyond the four, there isn't anything we can announce. I certainly don't think I can safely say that it's four and only four. The DLC characters for Mortal Kombat exceeded everybody's expectations. I suppose there is a certain point in time where we can say that there won't be more. I don't think we'll be releasing DLC characters two years from now. At some point, we've got to jump on our next game. (Source)

If we don't hear anything at Comic-Con then we'll probably be getting just the first four.

Top Bottom