• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

J-Tier

If we're going off that then where's Lobo?

I already stated that I'm going to rebel hard against the idea of Batgirl, Zod and Scorpion; I think it's a really stupid decision and will not be an apologist for a lazy effort.

I don't think anyone here can say that these three characters are their ideal DLC for this game, or anywhere even near ideal.

WatTsu

Picked this up today on sale and I absolutely love it. Just a top-notch game.

Playing on XBL, my name is the same as it is on here.

Ryce

I don't think anyone here can say that these three characters are their ideal DLC for this game, or anywhere even near ideal.
I'd be fine with the selection if we got Martian Manhunter instead of Scorpion. I actually prefer Batgirl to Power Girl/Supergirl.

I could see Zod being fun and unique with a hard-hitting military grappling style, sort of like a cross between Street Fighter's Abel and Tekken's Dragunov. A chargeable Heat Vision could be his character power, aimable with the control stick. He could lift the opponent up in a choke hold, freeze breath them, and then punch them out of the way for his standard throw. There's a lot that could be done to differentiate him from Superman.

But, honestly, I don't care who we get so long as they're fun to play.

tim1138

I already stated that I'm going to rebel hard against the idea of Batgirl, Zod and Scorpion; I think it's a really stupid decision and will not be an apologist for a lazy effort.

I have zero issues with Batgirl at all, in fact I'd rather have her than Lobo.

NEO0MJ

I'm not disagreeing with that point, just that using that picture with the 4 silhouettes isn't good evidence to claim that MM is among the DLC.

Which Zod is being released there are like 8 different versions?

2653167-GeneralZodFilmEightiesFace.jpg

GeneralZod01.jpg

849929-279346_42193_general_zod.jpg

Michael%20Shannon%20General%20Zod.jpg

Zod.jpg

Also which Batgirl there are like 3 different versions?

character_bio_576_batgirl.jpg

Batgirl(Cassandra)_)001.jpg

Batgirl_Stephanie_Brown.jpg

J-Tier

But, honestly, I don't care who we get so long as they're fun to play.

Indeed, eventually I'll come to terms with it.

But I'm still going to voice the fact that the selection was lazy. You could add twenty Batmans in a fighting game and make them all unique and "fun to play", but in the end of the day, you're not just selling the technical aspects.

Zod is a dull choice.

Scorpion is a port, you can change up a quite a bit, but his assets were already available to work off of.

Batgirl is the only one I'm okay with. I quite like Babs as a character, doesn't mean that she's an ideal choice either.

I'm not disagreeing with that point, just that using that picture with the 4 silhouettes isn't good evidence to claim that MM is among the DLC.

But everything else posted is good evidence of NRS pulling my damn leg.

Khezu

I think they are the most ideal choices for DLC, from a wanting to sell these characters perspective.

Batgirl, she is a Batman character, one of the most popular at that.

Zod, will be the main villain of the upcoming Superman movie that is coming out very soon, he will be fresh in peoples minds, it is fantastic cross promotion, like the Arrow costume for GA.

Scorpion, the most popular character in one of the most popular video games, the casuals will love him, and he is an apology to MK fans who have to wait an extra 2 years for MK10.
For the record, Freddy sold the most out of all the DLC in MK9, by a quite a bit.

Which Zod is being released there are like 8 different versions?

MoS, maybe a weird NRS version that is heavily inspired by MoS.

Batgirl will be Barbara Gordon, DC would never let NRS use Cass or Steph, not in a million years.

J-Tier

I think they are the most ideal choices for DLC, from a wanting to sell these characters perspective.

Batgirl, she is a Batman character, one of the most popular at that.

Zod, will be the main villain of the upcoming Superman movie that is coming out very soon, he will be fresh in peoples minds, it is fantastic cross promotion, like the Arrow costume for GA.

Scorpion, the most popular character in one of the most popular video games, the casuals will love him, and he is an apology to MK fans who have to wait an extra 2 years for MK10.
For the record, Freddy sold the most out of all the DLC in MK9, by a quite a bit.

I've seen this point made several times. I don't think it's a good reason to defend it though.

"I don't really like this character, but it makes sense from a marketing perspective..."

The netcode in this game is ass.

There, I said it.

ehYvKv0.jpg

It is not as bad as MvC3/KOF13, who will go down in history as having the joint most ass netcode. But it's horrible and needs fixing badly. It sucks for me because I actually would like to become good at this game, but the netcode makes me want to throw my stick out of the window.

Alfredo

Watching that Giant Bomb interview, back to block Scorpion is gonna be so crazy. I'm into it. :) Gonna teleport punch them Deathstroke gun spammers. >_>

Edit: Wait...what if Scorpion's trait...is a BLOCK BUTTON!? That would be insane!

Ryce

Regarding Zod, I'm expecting this costume redesigned to fit NetherRealm's style. Basically, a gray and black dictator's outfit. While there's no doubt he was chosen because of Man of Steel, I don't necessarily think he'll be based on that version of the character. Ed Boon explicitly stated that they weren't allowed to use Superman's Man of Steel costume in an interview last year, so I imagine the same applies to Zod.

J-Tier

I think its kind of dumb that you have to pay for extra charecters. In previous console generations they were included and you just had to unlock them.

In previous console generations, you'd have the roster that's already there and some of those already there would be the unlockable characters.

You get what you got back then.

I think its kind of dumb that you have to pay for extra charecters. In previous console generations they were included and you just had to unlock them.

24 characters is very good, especially compared to "previous generations". And let's not even compare the amount of content this game has with the competition.

And god I love Harley Quinn soooo much.

vg260

That's a terrible reason for Scorpion. MK9 is still being played. It would be a shameless cash grab that is counter to the whole concept of Injustice being it's own project/universe that they have been touting. It would be shame for them to have to shoe horn him into this game. I feel like it's an artistic integrity issue.

Whatever. It's been discussed to death. I'll still hold out the slim hope that these will a be a 3-alt character skin pack being sold shortly (w/ Lobo as Scorpion cosplay). Lobo's voice isn't that well known that a cosplaying Lobo with Scorpion voice would be weird.

Alchemy

In previous generations they would just released another version with slight mechanic changes and one or two new characters at full price.

Alfredo

At least tournament organizers don't have to spend time unlocking characters for tournament play.

Also, in previous generations, you had to buy the next iteration of Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo or Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 to get new characters... or you had to pay a quarter every time you wanted to just play the game!

NeonZ

Or you'd need to buy an upgraded version (MK3 vs UMK3) or even a different console port (Saturn UMK3 (Sheeva) vs SNES/Genesis UMK3 (Rain as an actual character, not just video, and Noob Saibot playable).

Khezu

I've seen this point made several times. I don't think it's a good reason to defend it though.

"I don't really like this character, but it makes sense from a marketing perspective..."

I'm not defending, I'm not going to buy Lobo, Batgirl, or Zod.

I'm just explaining why they would do it, because it will sell, and characters that I do want to play as, Atroctius, probably wouldn't sell.

J-Tier

I'm just explaining why they would do it, because it will sell, and characters that I do want to play as, Atroctius, probably wouldn't sell.

There are marketing benefits to selling lesser known characters like Atrocitus too.

I don't know how many times I've seen "nobody even knows who Rocket Raccoon is...who the hell even knows him??"

My response is usually: "Uh...you do...now you do." Lol.

TDLink

So what you're saying is you will be really happy when Atrocitus is revealed as actually one of the DLC characters? Good.

Kizer

There are marketing benefits to selling lesser known characters like Atrocitus too.

I don't know how many times I've seen "nobody even knows who Rocket Raccoon is...who the hell even knows him??"

My response is usually: "Uh...you do...now you do." Lol.

I feel like that frame of mind is just so stupid. Here you are getting a chance to see a new character who just might end up being a favorite of yours and they are rejected for not being batman. I don't even get it.

Plus, there are frankly too many of them.

I suppose I'm fine with the amount. MK9 Had 300 and teh vita added another 150.

The real issue is they feel sloppy compared to MK9. Less fight based and more deal with all this bullshit.

Some of the characters have ones that either require you to completely abuse the game mechanics or have split second reaction time. Cyborg seems to be the worst yet.

Plus the hammer buttons fast missions seem like a perfect way to ruin a controller.

J-Tier

I feel like that frame of mind is just so stupid. Here you are getting a chance to see a new character who just might end up being a favorite of yours and they are rejected for not being batman. I don't even get it.

Yeah, went through a ton of that during the whole "UMVC3 ordeal"...fun times.

Game's pretty fun so far, dunno if I'll play it seriously yet.

Ended up messing around with everyone and Hawkgirl's probably my favorite so far. Gonna have to try out Shazam some more though, I really want to play him.

TDLink

So... are you still sticking to that Ban bet you made?

Absolutely. For the record:

I agree to a one month ban of my NeoGAF account if Scorpion is announced as one of the 4 Season Pass DLC characters. I am confident that the next DLC character will be Martian Manhunter, followed by Atrocitus and Power Girl to round out the 4 season pass characters. There may be more DLC characters beyond those 4.

Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion may also in fact be alternate costumes for other characters already in the game. I am not denying that possibility.

In other news, I have just discovered this Lobo-related gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9ooZYjF0mI&feature=youtu.be&t=6m27s

Kizer

Absolutely. For the record:

I agree to a one month ban of my NeoGAF account if Scorpion is announced as one of the 4 Season Pass DLC characters. I am confident that the next DLC character will be Martian Manhunter, followed by Atrocitus and Power Girl to round out the 4 season pass characters. There may be more DLC characters beyond those 4.

Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion may also in fact be alternate costumes for other characters already in the game. I am not denying that possibility.

In other news, I have just discovered this Lobo-related gem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9ooZYjF0mI&feature=youtu.be&t=6m27s

You have a lot more confidence in my friend than I do.

TDLink

You have a lot more confidence in my friend than I do.

My confidence comes from a friend of my own. Though the fact that another poster here (you) also has a friend (in I assume a similar position) that corroborates what I have heard does help.

Top Bottom