• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryce

I agree to a one month ban of my NeoGAF account if Scorpion is announced as one of the 4 Season Pass DLC characters. I am confident that the next DLC character will be Martian Manhunter, followed by Atrocitus and Power Girl to round out the 4 season pass characters.
I'm gonna miss you. :-(

NEO0MJ

Absolutely. For the record:

I agree to a one month ban of my NeoGAF account if Scorpion is announced as one of the 4 Season Pass DLC characters. I am confident that the next DLC character will be Martian Manhunter, followed by Atrocitus and Power Girl to round out the 4 season pass characters. There may be more DLC characters beyond those 4.

Dude, ban bets are banned.

KevinCow

Banned
I'm content to wait for the next character to start worrying. Whoever it is, it'll give us a better idea of who the others would be.

Also what's with thw hate for Babs? She has red hair, therefore she is the best Batgirl. True fact.

Grimsen

I'm not playing online until they fix the ragequit glitch.

I rarely get those idiots in player matches, either 1on1 or survival (my favorite).

There are mostly in ranked, and i agree that we should get a win when that happens, not a +1 on disconnects. :(

Dude Abides

Banned
It's kind of shitty for MS to be advertizing other fighters on the main dash 10 days after this game released. Also, Arkham City isn't a fighter.

TDLink

Dude, ban bets are banned.

I actually had no idea this was the case. So I suppose all of what I said was just words and I can't actually enforce it? I honestly didn't know that. In that case I suppose you can still use it to measure my level of confidence in the DLC character selections.

GrayFoxPL

I actually had no idea this was the case. So I suppose all of what I said was just words and I can't actually enforce it? I honestly didn't know that. In that case I suppose you can still use it to measure my level of confidence in the DLC character selections.

You can always make yourself banned if you really want to.

/shrugs

TDLink

You can always make yourself banned if you really want to.

/shrugs

Well, I'll address the situation if it crops up. As I have been saying this entire time, I doubt it will. It is not my intention to turn this topic to being about me though.

This game is rad, let's talk about that.

Jagxyz

Grundy is my new favourite, dem chain grabs man.

Also, pretty easy 46% combo too.
so fun

Absolutely. For the record:

I agree to a one month ban of my NeoGAF account if Scorpion is announced as one of the 4 Season Pass DLC characters. I am confident that the next DLC character will be Martian Manhunter, followed by Atrocitus and Power Girl to round out the 4 season pass characters. There may be more DLC characters beyond those 4.

I so badly want you to be right

J-Tier

Nope, just this. It's a play on the fact that all three characters have "girl" in their names -- Ed Boon was Tweeting a bunch of similar things at the time. I never construed it as a poll of any kind, but you know how hive minds can be.

02_injusticegirlpoll.jpg

Didn't see this message earlier, but Boon did tweet this out. Just sayin.

The DLC characters are almost certainly Batgirl, Zod, and Scorpion. Too much is pointing in that direction.

I highly doubt there will be more than the first four, they were "considering" more for Mortal Kombat too, didn't pan out, new console generation is coming within the year, people will be moving on, no way would they manage to keep up the hype that far into the future.

Boon is a notorious troll. It's what he does.

That all said, the three after Lobo are terrible, terrible, terrible choices.

ezekial45

Banned
Anyone else get the impression that this game is much less polished than MK9?

I don't know, the game just feels and looks rougher around the edges.

Ryce

I get the opposite impression, actually. I much prefer Injustice's HUD and presentation, and MK9's animations are a little too stiff to me.

shaowebb

I get the opposite impression, actually. I much prefer Injustice's HUD and presentation, and MK9's animations are a little too stiff to me.

This. Sorry Ezekial45, but your crazy. Look at Liu Kang and then anyone in Injustice including Wonder Woman and Raven. Injustice wins.

GrayFoxPL

The 3 things that seem worse imo are:

Backgrounds by a little - less detailed but it's probably because of interactivity and you get couple of em per fight.

Color palette - I don't know about you guys but colors in Injustice look fucking weird on my tv, just bizarre blurry mush of brown, yellow, gray.

Sound, game is so badly remixed, I don't even hear the music. Sfx are cool though.

Rest is pretty boss, I just don't get much excited over it unlike MK. I'm a comic book noob.

Edit:
Oh and online is worse for me. I have tons of connection errors and laggy matches. Injustice hates my router when MK9 played smooth.

PBalfredo

So I'm having it bit of trouble against my friend who is a Grundy main. Grundy has his advancing command throw with two hits of superarmor on it. He always catches me with it when I'm trying to hit him, unless I'm playing Superman but that's only if I have his trait active at the time. One of the things he likes to do is get close and use ducking 1's to force me to crouch block, then grab before I can activate trait and smack him. Is there any way to cancel out of Superman's trait activation animation? And how do I deal with Grundy and all his super armor when not superman (I'm also playing a lot of Wonder Woman)?

THRILLH0

Banned
As someone who is really digging this game but has never read a comic book, would characters like Penguin and Riddler make sense in a game like this?

Jagxyz

As someone who is really digging this game but has never read a comic book, would characters like Penguin and Riddler make sense in a game like this?

Penguin yes - his umbrella could be neat, can't see the Riddler being in something like this though.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I guess what I mean is that do comic book fans care about them at all or are they only popular because of the 60's series and 90's movies?
Some people care about them but the problem is there is already a lot of batman characters in the game.

ReiGun

I guess what I mean is that do comic book fans care about them at all or are they only popular because of the 60's series and 90's movies?

They're two of Batman's more popular villains. The Penguin especially tends to show up a lot in comics because of his connection to Gotham's underworld and his frequent involvement in gang wars. The Riddler is less utilized, but still a really loved character.

But yeah. There's more than enough Batman characters as is.

TDLink

Any tips against Doomsday spammers? And can he block interactive objects? I saw someone block it and was like wtf.

Doomsday's trait gives him armor against attacks, including interactables. You can "block" interactables by giving yourself armor via Back + Heavy (wallbounce/transition) + Meter Burn.

GrayFoxPL

Doomsday's trait gives him armor against attacks, including interactables. You can "block" interactables by giving yourself armor via Back + Heavy (wallbounce/transition) + Meter Burn.

I learned that today too. B3, F3 meter burns - best moves in the game.

Ryce

This has nothing to do with anything: the average size of the MK9 DLC packs (1 character and 2 skins) is 84 MB, but the leaked Lobo file is 162.82 MB -- it's about twice the size. What would account for all of that extra data? I'm hoping we'll get more than two free skins this time around.

TDLink

This has nothing to do with anything: the average size of the MK9 DLC packs (1 character and 2 skins) is 84 MB, but the leaked Lobo file is 162.82 MB -- it's about twice the size. What would account for all of that extra data? I'm hoping we'll get more than two free skins this time around.

Yeah. It is probably more costumes. They said in the end there would be a total of over 100 skins and that each compatibility patch (when a new character is released) would be accompanied by free costumes. They aren't going to get to that "over 100" number by just releasing one or two skins with each character. It could also contain compatibility data for character swap costumes which may also have different voices and intro/outro/super sequences.

GrayFoxPL

Ending video.

Jagxyz

Battle mode cinematic?

edit : beat

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Messing around with other characters in training mode. Catwoman is probably really good. I say that solely because of her j2.

And playing Batman is as easy as punching a newborn in the head

Top Bottom