• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Chindogg

How does this work? Is there an on screen indicator when the armor is active? Is it only good against a single attack?

When you successfully burn the meter you'll hear a draining sound and your character will have a purple swirl pattern near them. Its basically enough armor to throw the interactable but that's it.

Khezu

How does this work? Is there an on screen indicator when the armor is active? Is it only good against a single attack?

Only a single hit of armor.

It becomes active on the 8th frame, I'm not sure if that is the 8th frame of the move, or 8 frames after hitting MB. It has the same animation as EX attacks, a purple explosion.

Just played like 30 games of ranked as Batman. I'm total ass at fighting games but I somehow went (barely) positive in my win ratio by rushing down and spamming his 223, b3, j3, b23 combo with liberal use of j2 to crossup. Had a ton of trouble with zoners like Superman. I don't have an arcade stick so dashing is a bitch.

Best fights of the night were against Hawkgirl though. I kept using the angled grapple to yank her out of the sky : )

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Went over to a mate's house today and chewed through the entire story mode. Gotta say, it was a lot more fun than I expected. They find a nice balance between having an interesting story without taking it obnoxiously serious. The combat system is really fun, too!

The Injustice Facebook page just posted four new costume teases. One of them looks like Batman: The Animated Series version of Harley Quinn. Can anyone here fire off the others?

Animated Harley
Wonder Woman (Pants and jacket?)
Cyborg (not sure which version.
That last one looks like Batgirl but she isn't in the game so it must be something else. Maybe it's something for Raven? (Edit, apparently Deathsroke - but I see boobs).

This has got to be the Wonder Woman one:

newwwcostume.jpg

FHIZ

Old school Cyborg, original Harley, and Wonder Woman Odyssey are obvious. I think the fourth one is old school Deathstroke. That glove looks to be orange to me.

DR2K

Banned
Because obviously Wonder Woman needed another costume. While characters like Raven and Hawkgirl have 2.

NEO0MJ

Because obviously Wonder Woman needed another costume. While characters like Raven and Hawkgirl have 2.

Yeah, I know the trinity need spacial attention but this is too much. Superman, Batman and Wonder woman all have at least 4 extra costumes right now, not counting their normal and Insurgency/Regime ones, and I bet they'll get more later.

Ryce

I'm not going to be content until everyone has a classic costume, especially the major characters like Superman and Batman.

Khezu

Hopefully they fix Wonder Woman so she doesn't look like a man.

They can't, her problems are not the face, as the Red Son costume actually has a smoother face model.

The problem is her weird ass proportions, her head is too small, and shoulders are a touch too big, and they can't fix that with out causing hitbox problems.

Is it wrong for me to be upset they are wasting costumes on Cyborg? He looks fine in game, he doesn't really need a classic costume.

Ryce

Assuming the four character compatibility packs come with five costumes each, that's 20 total, which wouldn't be enough to accomodate classic skins for everyone in addition to other comic book looks (New 52, Red Son, etc.). I wonder if there are plans for standalone costume packs to be sold outside of the Season Pass. I suspect that's what classic Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman are being held off for.

Xevren

While she is ugly (thank you flashpoint outfit), I'm surprised that no Wonder Woman player seems to exist. Even online she's incredibly easy to use, and with all the jumpers her b23 chain is just terrifying.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Is it wrong for me to be upset they are wasting costumes on Cyborg? He looks fine in game, he doesn't really need a classic costume.

Yes, it's wrong, and you should feel bad ;)

As a person who actually mains Cyborg, if the new costume FINALLY comes with a new pose or lines, I'll be quite happy.

Don't mind any kinda nod to Superfriends either. I remember wanting a Cyborg figure back in the 80s, lol. And looking at the creepy figures like Braniac in the supermarket toy aisles...

NeoUltima

Damnit. I hate when special moves come out when I cross up or get crossed up and am just trying to throw or poke. Lose so many games cause of this.

MGrant

Switched from Hawkgirl to Harley recently, enjoying the benefits of combos and midrange dominance so far (and she makes Deathstroke spam a piece of cake). I'm having trouble dealing with wakeup pressure, though. It seems like Harley has no good option on wakeup other than successfully blocking the incoming mixup, but with characters like Aquaman, Superman, and Batman I'm at a loss. They have ridiculously fast high-low mixup potential, and, in the case of Superman, it often comes from full screen. Any help?

So, happy that we're getting more costumes! Possibly when Lobo comes out because of the big thing of memory. ^^

I still wish we would get the Teen Titans (cartoon) costume for Cyborg.

I personally think Batman and Superman need more costumes.

The only other costume I want for Superman is Superboy (classic), and Golden Superman Prime. Batman, well Bat-Lantern and Owlman.

J-P

Neo Member
Another ToysRUs buyer here. Looking forward to trying to get into this, with what little time i have. Speaking of which, with my apologies for not having time to search, what's the general consensus on the netcode? I have no options for local VS. Thanks.

NEO0MJ

Another ToysRUs buyer here. Looking forward to trying to get into this, with what little time i have. Speaking of which, with my apologies for not having time to search, what's the general consensus on the netcode? I have no options for local VS. Thanks.

Pretty mixed. but because of how popular the game is you should be able to find people close enough for a stable connection.

It's been pretty OK for me so, just some very minor input lag that doesn't seem to affect me much. It helps that combos aren't as strict as something like SF4's 1-2 frame link combos.

fallingdove

For me the netcode has been ok but it helps that Inustice has a dial a combo system and doesn't require the same precision that you would need for a Street Fighter or Marvel game.

Xevren

So long as it's 3-4 bars it's great.

Top Bottom