• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Since the game has been out for awhile could anybody nab me those iOS costumes really quick? I can shoot you a PM with my info if you can help!

Been thinking about alt costumes a lot recently too. I hope they hold up to the whole "other characters as alt costumes" thing that was mentioned pre-release.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
So who else has had the moment where you realize that Doomsday is the best character? You can't jump in on him AT ALL!

So Wii U costumes are never happening right?

J-Tier

So who else has had the moment where you realize that Doomsday is the best character? You can't jump in on him AT ALL!

So Wii U costumes are never happening right?

He's not the best, his moves are punishable. When playing Doomsday, my rule is to be aggressive and intimidate him vs. letting him intimidate me, and staying out of corners. Also..I think it was mentioned that WiiU will get downloadable costumes. Just not as a season's pass.

Daingurse

Can't wait for my Amazon trade-in credit to process, I need this game in my veins. I'm watching some JLU, so fucking hype right now!.

Jetman

A lot of these Star Missions are maddening. So Flash mission 34, Race Around the World? Yeah, how do you 3 Star this? I've tried every crazy chicken technique for holding the controller I can think of without permanently damaging my controller. This is ridiculous. Supes always beats me by about 30 laps and I save my boost until he starts booking it! Haalp!

Using PS3 btw

Tried to get Walmart to price match the TRU deal today, but they wouldn't do it since all they had was the bundle with MK vs DC. :(
Oh well, I'll be near a TRU in a few days.

Guesong

A lot of these Star Missions are maddening. So Flash mission 34, Race Around the World? Yeah, how do you 3 Star this? I've tried every crazy chicken technique for holding the controller I can think of without permanently damaging my controller. This is ridiculous. Supes always beats me by about 30 laps and I save my boost until he starts booking it! Haalp!

Using PS3 btw

You can boost more than once, and mashing during boosts will prolong that boost.

You can't 3 star it all at once, that's for sure. Had to do it multiples times for that one.

Jetman

You can boost more than once, and mashing during boosts will prolong that boost.

You can't 3 star it all at once, that's for sure. Had to do it multiples times for that one.

Actually you can only boost once for the 3 Stars. I just got it using the patented spoon technique and beat Superman by 50 laps. Jesus, I don't think I've used that since, I don't know, Track & Field on NES?

Guesong

Actually you can only boost once for the 3 Stars. I just got it using the patented spoon technique and beat Superman by 50 laps. Jesus, I don't think I've used that since, I don't know, Track & Field on NES?

Yeah, I guess that could be feasible with a 360 or PS3 controller.

I didn't want to try those kind of techniques on the WiiU gamepad though. Felt like it could break any moment. >_>

So is there any trick to canceling strings to special moves online? I can do it all day offline, but even in good/great connections offline it won't work at all. I managed to do it twice in all of the matches I did with my friend just now.

I got this game a few days ago and I'm really loving it a lot. So far my best characters are Supes and Raven. I've also had success as Shazam, but I feel he is super broken lol.

Anyone that plays Raven have any tips?

Kurod

Banned
I've also had success as Shazam, but I feel he is super broken lol.

I love playing as Shazam. The damage output his trait adds is mind blowing. I also love his MB Atlas torpedo. It's like it was designed specifically to position you and your opponent perfectly for interactables.

He's not the best, his moves are punishable. When playing Doomsday, my rule is to be aggressive and intimidate him vs. letting him intimidate me, and staying out of corners. Also..I think it was mentioned that WiiU will get downloadable costumes. Just not as a season's pass.

I was thinking about picking up Doomsday. My Batman sucks against zoning and I love Doomsday's massive forward dash and MB gamma crush to get in. Also dat armor.

Does he have any better BnBs than jip 22df2 or jip 123df3?

I also try to play the intimidation game with Batman, rushing the fuck out of them with liberal use of j2 crossups. Basically try to frustrate the opponent and make them sweat, make mistakes. But my execution is very lackluster and often gets me killed with frequent unwanted moves and jumps. I also suck at using the bat trait :l

Xevren

I was thinking about picking up Doomsday. My Batman sucks against zoning and I love Doomsday's massive forward dash and MB gamma crush to get in. Also dat armor.

Does he have any better BnBs than jip 22df2 or jip 123df3?

Doomsday really isn't combo oriented, more so going nuts and being annoying. You can meter burn df2 for a pop up juggle but that's it really.

vg260

Using PS3 btw

I used turbo on a stick. Don't even wanna think about it without it.

Zephyrus

Banned
Shazam really needs an air dash.

Dude has mad looking combos... but he has so much trouble getting in.

Either an air dash or a buff in his damage potential.

Also Sinestro's boulders should be safe on block. Have longer frames until they come out, but they should be safe.

Either that or a buff in his damage since he's too unsafe or make his trait charge much faster.

I really dig Sinestro's moveset.

I actually like most of the roster moveset. Say what you will about NRS, but they sure make the characters fun to play... unlike Capcom which I only find 4 to 6 I like playing as.

vocab

Im trying to learn grundy. I know i'm gonna have a tough time dealing with full screen zoning. Any tips on his neutral game in general?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Got my green arrow code finally. It gives instructions for both ps3 and 360, did anyone else get it like that?

MGrant

ggs Xevren. I learned a lot. Like the fact that your Wonder Woman is impeccable. Couldn't get in at all, what with that lasso whip :(

Xevren

ggs Xevren. I learned a lot. Like the fact that your Wonder Woman is impeccable. Couldn't get in at all, what with that lasso whip :(

Yea sorry for the butt play man. I don't even like Wonder Woman all that much other than the fact she's really online friendly. I love using Shazam and Nightwing but I couldn't even do really simple special cancels with them.

Her b23 is really stupid.

Top Bottom