• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

MGrant

Yea sorry for the butt play man. I don't even like Wonder Woman all that much other than the fact she's really online friendly. I love using Shazam and Nightwing but I couldn't even do really simple special cancels with them.

Her b23 is really stupid.

The online, she is a fickle beast. You can assume that every time I did overhead mallet I meant to do silly slide.

Also, got my first hatemail today. "good for you they made this game to be pussy-friendly."

I've fought an army of grundy's today and they just kept trying to armor through it. Her mobility is so damn good that she can get around it.

Yeeah, I've had trouble with it. It seems to be timing. Especially since if it goes in too soon, the 2nd part of the armor won't go through. And can't jump on it for sure.

I just end up waiting, for a Swamp Hands moments.

Xevren

The online, she is a fickle beast. You can assume that every time I did overhead mallet I meant to do silly slide.

Also, got my first hatemail today. "good for you they made this game to be pussy-friendly."

Ha nice. What's sad is that I play Harley too, yet I ate way too many tantrum's. Gonna blame it on me being tired...yeah.

For the most part it was fine, it just spiked once I picked Nightwing. Will have to do it again sometime sir! It's nice playing someone that doesn't rage quit.

Alchemy

Derping around in Battle mode to get a feeling for all the characters, I'm sorta enjoying Hawkgirl the most. She feels pretty damn solid with my limited experience with this game.

MGrant

Derping around in Battle mode to get a feeling for all the characters, I'm sorta enjoying Hawkgirl the most. She feels pretty damn solid with my limited experience with this game.

She's great, I just can't get used to her super short normals. Prepare for an uphill battle online with her combos, too. So many links.

KevinCow

Banned
I hate Sinestro because his boulders mean Hawkgirl can't just fly over all of his zoning, so I instead have to play the game like those boring characters who can only jump. :(

I just got this today for Wii U from the TRU sale. Is the only way to show the move list on the gamepad to use the gamepad to play? I'm playing on a stick and it just shows the game on the gamepad.

I beat the story mode on normal. I thought it was really well done. I think my favorite character so far is Flash.

K.Sabot

Pretty psyched about Flashpoint Batman, but that just makes me reallywant Flashpoint Joker. That'd be the most epic / expensive and time consuming DLC skin of all time.

KevinCow

Banned
She's great, I just can't get used to her super short normals. Prepare for an uphill battle online with her combos, too. So many links.

Yeah, the short range is annoying. I wind up relying on 3 and d2 more than I like, just because they're the only attacks with decent range. Getting in that 123 combo starter is really hard unless they've seriously screwed up.

Her combos aren't so bad, though, if even I can do them. As long as you're not trying to do that 123 to b3 nonsense.

Yeah apparently some of the info they give is wrong.

Also MB staff spin isn't really worth doing.

That's lame, I wonder who else has info that's wrong. Of course, because it doesn't have a wallbounce! D:

Also, does anyone know how to do Flying Ground Smash after doing Rising Grab with Superman?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Yeah, It's just what I generally heard when I used to hang out on Tekken forums. Then again, that may also have been better attributed to Tekken being Playstation exclusive 'till 6.

Huh. Well I don't know. :|
It just never had exclusives I cared for and I didn't want to pay for P2P online play.

Xevren

That's lame, I wonder who else has info that's wrong. Of course, because it doesn't have a wallbounce! D:

Also, does anyone know how to do Flying Ground Smash after doing Rising Grab with Superman?

There's a lot of info wrong in regards to frame data, especially with multi hitting moves.

MGrant

Yeah, the short range is annoying. I wind up relying on 3 and d2 more than I like, just because they're the only attacks with decent range. Getting in that 123 combo starter is really hard unless they've seriously screwed up.

Her combos aren't so bad, though, if even I can do them. As long as you're not trying to do that 123 to b3 nonsense.

123 > b3 combos are so fun, though :(. I started doing 12 > db2,2 > j.2 xx mace charge yesterday, but haven't connected it online due to laziness and liking Harley's style more.

123 > b3 combos are so fun, though :(. I started doing 12 > db2,2 > j.2 xx mace charge yesterday, but haven't connected it online due to laziness and liking Harley's style more.

B2, 2 WE will be your best friend. Corner of course.

B2, 2 WE3 for nice little cross ups, or getting out of the corner.
B2, 2 WE2 combo starter.

How come we never thought of the costume for deathstroke as rose Wilson or the ravager? Female deathstroke :0 I would eat that up

What about a Deadshot costume for Deathstroke? :eek:

Edit: I figured out why I don't like Wonder Woman's model. Its her chest! It bothers the hell out of me.

KevinCow

Banned

That is way more complex than a Hawkgirl combo needs to be. I honestly have no idea how you even get that j2 in. But trying that combo on my own and replacing that j2 with other even more damaging moves, the highest I could get was 26%.

Some easier combos:

123, 3, bf2 - 25-27%, depending on if you let the 3 hit once or twice.

123, f3, 3, bf2 - 30%. The timing for the f3 isn't nearly as unforgiving as a b3. Mashing seems to work fine.

And a good corner combo:

123, 22, 123, 3, bf2 - 32%. It's not even hard to do once you get the timing down.

Khezu

Why is it that on Nightwing (Staff), Staff Spin on MB says it causes a wallbounce but actually doesn't? :eek:

It did wallbounce at one point, but it was changed in the day one patch.
To compensate they made it so MB siesmo ground bounces, which is way more useful.

Khezu

There is a 360 patch up.

It didn't fix the frame data, or seemed to change any characters.

Edit: The only thing I can see changed is they removed the ping notification for ranked matches.

TDLink

I just got this today for Wii U from the TRU sale. Is the only way to show the move list on the gamepad to use the gamepad to play? I'm playing on a stick and it just shows the game on the gamepad.

I beat the story mode on normal. I thought it was really well done. I think my favorite character so far is Flash.

On the gamepad go to settings and you can turn move list on the game pad on or off. When it is off it just mirrors what is on screen (which allows for off-tv play). You can definitely play with a fight stick while the moves are displayed on the pad though.

KevinCow

Banned
Since I reached 100 wins with Hawkgirl, I think I'll try to learn some other characters, starting with Green Arrow. I haven't really seen any good ones. The ones I've played don't ever seem to understand that they have three other arrow types besides the useless regular arrow.

Messing around with him in training mode, it seems like fire arrows are the best for zoning. They do 8% each, and you get three of them.

It also seems like he's not very good with combos... which makes sense, I guess, since he's mainly a zoning character. Still, I was able to get some decent ~20% combos, 25-30% if I have an ice arrow ready.

I can't seem to figure out what the shock arrows are for, though. They do less damage that fire arrows, plus you only get two, so there's no reason to use them for zoning. But they also don't seem to stun guys long enough to follow up, so they're not really useful in combos, either. I'm probably just missing something.

I just hope I don't forget how to play Hawkgirl while learning another character.

WatTsu

Played some online last night and got decimated in every ranked/player match I played. Apparently Green Arrow is super good as long as I'm not using him. Actually, that seems to be the case with most characters.

Played against a friend of mine and won 3 out of 5, so I feel better about that one. Still haven't figured out what character to main. I think I'm best with Flash, but I want to be good with Black Adam and I'm also trying to figure out Superman. Joker is also kind of interesting (love the crowbar move) but I don't like him enough to make him my guy.

Quick question - are there enough access cards/armory keys to unlock everything, even if I use the XP boosts?

Kizer

Played some online last night and got decimated in every ranked/player match I played. Apparently Green Arrow is super good as long as I'm not using him. Actually, that seems to be the case with most characters.

Played against a friend of mine and won 3 out of 5, so I feel better about that one. Still haven't figured out what character to main. I think I'm best with Flash, but I want to be good with Black Adam and I'm also trying to figure out Superman. Joker is also kind of interesting (love the crowbar move) but I don't like him enough to make him my guy.

Quick question - are there enough access cards/armory keys to unlock everything, even if I use the XP boosts?

They should be. There are enough armory keys to unlock all the costumes Eventually. Around 50 something they stop giving you armory keys (since at that point you already have all the costumes in the vault) and give you 2 access cards instead.

MGrant

I just hope I don't forget how to play Hawkgirl while learning another character.

Totally happened to me when I picked up Harley after getting 100 Hawkgirl wins. What are you using to get in, by the way? B2,2 and B2,3 are my usual picks, but I'm wondering if you know something more useful.

How come we never thought of the costume for deathstroke as rose Wilson or the ravager? Female deathstroke :0 I would eat that up

923014_313349042131002_55668203_n.jpg

Deathstroke = Deadpool
Batman = Black Panther
Grundy = Hulk
Aquaman = Namor
Catwoman = Black Cat
Nightwing = Spiderman
Cyborg = Ironman
Bane = Abomination
Shazam = Thor
Lobo = Wolverine

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Randoms are getting better.

360 seems to use the Trueskill system fairly well. The randoms I play on my gamertag in Ranked are all quite tough now but when I played some Ranked round my friend's place, the level of play was way down. My Trueskill rating is 30, his is 16, we've both played around 100 games. I figure that's why the quality of randoms has seemingly gone up. The odd derpy button-basher still slips through but it's mostly players who either know their characters or know effective online gimmicks.

360 seems to use the Trueskill system fairly well. The randoms I play on my gamertag in Ranked are all quite tough now but when I played some Ranked round my friend's place, the level of play was way down. My Trueskill rating is 30, his is 16, we've both played around 100 games. I figure that's why the quality of randoms has seemingly gone up. The odd derpy button-basher still slips through but it's mostly players who either know their characters or know effective online gimmicks.

Where do you find your Trueskill rating? Is it on your hero card?

Top Bottom