• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Maybe this game can set awesome dlc standards for Fighting games rather get the dlc I want rather than buying the same game 2-3 times. Fuck you very much Capcom!

Just got this game today, loving it. I suck at all fighting games, but somehow I keep coming back to get my ass kicked. The first character I seem to enjoy playing is Black Adam, so... time to practice I guess.

Hope to play with some other newb gaffers!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The leaderboards for this game are dumb. I think it's based solely on how many wins you have. So if you have 5000 wins and 10000 loses, you'll still be ranked #1 if you have more wins than everyone else.

I wish you could at least sort by trueskill ranking.

Doesn't it? I thought you could move over and sort based off the column you're in. Might be wrong though.

vg260

Goodbye Star Labs.

Capture.png

Really, screw this mode. It's not fun. Maybe it's a good idea in theory, but there could be much better single player content than a bunch of infuriating mini-games. I'm not even gonna finish the Red Son missions.

Give us some real BnB combo training modes, or character tutorials instead of this crap. A ton of time spent on this game and I'm probably barely more knowledgeable about the game than when I started. I'm maybe better at spamming some moves to cheese the AI, but that's it.

NEO0MJ

Goodbye Star Labs.

You're a more patient man than I am. I don't even have the will to just complete them, considering the prize is so shitty. Insurgency Lex with a few green spikes poking out and purple nail polish is not worth the effort.

Dispatch

Goodbye Star Labs.

Capture.png

Really, screw this mode. It's not fun. Maybe it's a good idea in theory, but there could be much better single player content than a bunch of infuriating mini-games. I'm not even gonna finish the Red Son missions.

Give us some real BnB combo training modes, or character tutorials instead of this crap. A ton of time spent on this game and I'm probably barely more knowledgeable about the game than when I started. I'm maybe better at spamming some moves to cheese the AI, but that's it.

I agree. It's not very fun at all. I thought my controller was going to snap a couple of times.

Also, with the WBID link from Reddit, is anyone getting the "WBID Account Link Failed" message? Does this mean someone changed the password?

Goodbye Star Labs.

Patience of a saint. I could never do that.

I did the first three for Superman and I wondered what the point of it was. Really dumb mode. Would've preferred combo trials or something... Even if most of those aren't practical they still show off some cool tricks that can be useful.

WatTsu

I agree. It's not very fun at all. I thought my controller was going to snap a couple of times.

Also, with the WBID link from Reddit, is anyone getting the "WBID Account Link Failed" message? Does this mean someone changed the password?

I'm getting that too. It alternates between that and "WBID Account In Use".

I was able to use it yesterday and it said it unlocked everything but I don't have any of the costumes or other unlocks now. So...that's cool.

Grecco

are there chains not ont he game menu or the guide?

batman has 1 2 back 2 thats not in the guide or the menu and i really lke this chain with bats too.

vg260

You're a more patient man than I am. I don't even have the will to just complete them, considering the prize is so shitty. Insurgency Lex with a few green spikes poking out and purple nail polish is not worth the effort.

If I wasn't a fan of the Flash as kid, I wouldn't have wasted my time on it. Some of these were just so ridiculously random.

Goodbye Star Labs.

Capture.png

Just finished this two nights ago with three stars on all. Never thought I'd be able to get it all when I started and some of the third stars were so difficult. Grinded my way through eventually. Did about two to three characters a day and wouldn't move on to the next until I three starred a level. I guess the perseverance paid off at least. I didn't hate them, but they were annoying.

Now onto doing the rest of the Battle modes for each character I have left to do.

Xevren

are there chains not ont he game menu or the guide?

batman has 1 2 back 2 thats not in the guide or the menu and i really lke this chain with bats too.

You sure it's not just the 122? If it's the one where he throws the bat the back isn't required.

Alfredo

Rumor floating around of leaked second season pass content...

http://testyourmight.com/threads/rumor-second-injustice-dlc-pass-leaked.32302/

Test Your Might said:
Well from the same guy who leaked Doomsday and the remaining DLC comes a new leak. According to him after digging around the season pass data he found this-

MM
RH
PG
SZ

It seems that the meanings of the four in order are - Martian Manhunter, Red Hood, Power Girl, and Sub-Zero. Is it true or not? You be the judge.

Honestly doubt a second season pass will happen, but, y'know, whatever. Cool if true.

Ryce

That "leak" is bull until somebody else can substantiate it. It doesn't make sense from a programming perspective or otherwise to just randomly put the characters' initials in the coding for no reason.

vg260

That "leak" is bull until somebody else can substantiate it. It doesn't make sense from a programming perspective or otherwise to just randomly put the characters' initials in the coding for no reason.

Yeah, pretty much. This is just complete trolling now. There's nothing to back up this made up stuff yet everyone is running with it.

GrayFoxPL

Do you realize how much "random" shit they put in code listings?

Shit, back in the ps1 days there was a japanese program that let you view ps1 disc contents on pc. The random and funny shit I found - oh gawd. Pictures of devs, unused art assets, text etc.

You can find everything on game discs.

Khezu

iC7j0IfVIE4XK.gif

3/4 of what I guessed for the second season, it makes the most sense.

However, I'm not believing it until I get a lot more evidence that that lol.

TDLink

vg260

Do you realize how much "random" shit they put in code listings?

Shit, back in the ps1 days there was a japanese program that let you view ps1 disc contents on pc. The random and funny shit I found - oh gawd. Pictures of devs, unused art assets, text etc.

You can find everything on game discs.

The ini file actually existed and was just a plain text file easily found by anyone with access to the files. The guy who "leaked" the original ini file info was just the first one to open up the text file that anyone else that downloaded the DLC files from the net would have done. This is just a post on a board with nothing to back it up until he shows some proof.

GrayFoxPL

The ini file actually existed and was just a plain text file easily found by anyone with access to the files. This is just a post on a board with nothing to back it up until he shows some proof.

It wouldn't prove anything really. Like I said devs put lots of random or "hypothetical" stuff, like "we might do this. I'll leave some space here" .

MK9 has scrap data for Fujin together with commentator voice sample of his name. Nothing came of it.

But yeah if they plan on second dlc wave then I'm sure Sub is in, not because of some inis, but because he's equally as important character as Scorp. They just stick together. Always.

vg260

It wouldn't prove anything really. Like I said devs put lots of random or "hypothetical" stuff, like "we might do this. I'll leave some space here" .

MK9 has scrap data for Fujin together with commentator voice sample of his name. Nothing came of it.

Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily believe it if these initials were in there, but I don't believe they are at all. This is just a guy making stuff up now.

Khezu

If subzero is in I'll main him so hard.

I would really love to see what they would do to make Sub work in this game.
Scorpion is pretty easy mode to get up and running, but Sub lives and dies by his ice clone, and that is an attack that will always be tricky to balance.

Some characters would have a pretty easy way around it, but some others would be fucked so hard by it, especially since you can't even block dash it anymore.

I was so sad when Killer Frost didn't have an ice clone.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, I wouldn't necessarily believe it if these initials were in there, but I don't believe they are at all. This is just a guy making stuff up now.

Guy was right the first time. Not sure if he'd want to be perceived a troll after that.
But yeah, maybe he got too enthusiastic.

I would really love to see what they would do to make Sub work in this game.
Scorpion is pretty easy mode to get up and running, but Sub lives and dies by his ice clone, and that is an attack that will always be tricky to balance.

Some characters would have a pretty easy way around it, but some others would be fucked so hard by it, especially since you can't even block dash it anymore.

I was so sad when Killer Frost didn't have an ice clone.

Subby in vs DC didn't have an ice clone but Ice counter that turned into Ice touch when canceled in combos. I liked that version of Sub way more then mk9 version.
He even had Ice teleport with melting into the ground. Boss.

Ryce

Guy was right the first time.
Saying he was "right" is giving him a little too much credit, because it's not like he had inside info or anything. Team Duplex uploaded the Season Pass on the 16th, and within a day or two people were digging into the file and discovering the characters. NbAlIvEr10000 just so happens to be the guy who broke the news to GameFAQs -- that's it. That doesn't give him a free pass to make unsubstantiated claims.

Khezu

Guy was right the first time. Not sure if he'd want to be perceived a troll after that.
But yeah, maybe he got too enthusiastic.

Subby in vs DC didn't have an ice clone but Ice counter that turned into Ice touch when canceled in combos. I liked that version of Sub way more then mk9 version.
He even had Ice teleport with melting into the ground. Boss.

That's boring though, Ice Clone is the best move ever, loved trapping people in the corner in MK9, or just annoying certain characters by just leaving it in there way.

It could also probably work as a really nice anti air in this game if they keep it's 1 frame startup.

Top Bottom