• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryce

I finally got it! I've never pulled the lever to the far left of the Watchtower Reactor before as a gadget character, apparently.

I believe I have one set of codes left for tomorrow so ill leave it at this for tonight. Let me know if you claim a code or one does not work before I strike it out!

Batman Tshirt FEMALE (QUOTE FOR CODE)
Wonder Woman Tshirt FEMALE (QUOTE FOR CODE)
Lex Luthor (QUOTE FOR CODE)
Nightwing (QUOTE FOR CODE)
Killer Frost (QUOTE FOR CODE)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Thanks

Here are some more. Again its easier if you message me that you claimed a code so we don't have people fumbling around with non working codes. Also feel free to let me know if it doesn't work so i can verify if it hasnt been used maybe i didn't post the right code and I can verify. Ill message you the code if its wrong for the first person that posts about it being wrong :p

Deathstroke (QUOTE FOR CODE)
Raven (QUOTE FOR CODE)
Ares Helmet (QUOTE FOR CODE)
Green Lantern (QUOTE FOR CODE)
Green Arrow (QUOTE FOR CODE)
Nabbed the Ares Helmet. Thanks!

Remember to logout of the mobile stuff account, folks.

Is that account a reddit one (or some other site) or a Neogaf one? Because if it's not a gaf one, I've unlocked everything on my iOS game and can try to create an account to be passed around for gaf users to get all the costumes. Though WBID account creation is kind of iffy right now so it may have to wait.

Salamando

I believe I have one set of codes left for tomorrow so ill leave it at this for tonight. Let me know if you claim a code or one does not work before I strike it out!

Batman Tshirt FEMALE (QUOTE FOR CODE)
Wonder Woman Tshirt FEMALE (QUOTE FOR CODE)
Lex Luthor (QUOTE FOR CODE)
Nightwing (QUOTE FOR CODE)
Killer Frost (QUOTE FOR CODE)

Used Killer Frost. Thanks!

shaowebb

Just had an amazing set with a guy and found my other speedster main online since GA is becoming increasingly problematic in various connection due to his latency issues.

Ran a 19 match set with a guy. He takes me 7 matches to 1 at first. I played 3 GA matches and tossed him as f2d13 and stinger were (again) failing to read properly as the D1 wouldn't read the down input and the first part of stinger wouldn't register leaving me with F3 attempts.
I we start going back and forth with my Bane and I start to run it back. He tries to go with a Batgirl and then we just do Batgirl vs Bane then switch back and forth to Bane vs Batgirl. I used Aquaman a few too.

Anyhow I ran it back to 9 to 10 and he GG's after I get my 10th and take the lead. Great series of matches. I have found my online backup for GA in Batgirl with a power character Bane on reserve. GA will be my offline main. Today was a good day.

shaowebb

META CHANGING TECH

Shoutouts to Double Perfect from Test Your Might for showing this in the Grundy boards. There is a way to screw with oki SEVERELY with anyone in the cast by using what he calls a Whif Cancel option select.(WCOS)

Basically its a way to cancel out of a normal move on whif into a special. Normally ONLY on hit can you cancel a move into a super but this trick on wakeups due to wakeup invincibility frames will read the whif as a hit and cancel into the super anyway! This gives you NASTY option selects on folks. Grundy goes for his D3, Superman goes for that punch with the armored wakeup, Grundy cancels into his air grab and it connects!

http://www.twitch.tv/doubleperfect/b/408444336

EVERYONE IN THE GAME HAS THIS SORT OF THING!!!!!!

GODLIKE TECH EXPLAINED AND SHOWN OFF!!

META CHANGING TECH

Shoutouts to Double Perfect from Test Your Might for showing this in the Grundy boards. There is a way to screw with oki SEVERELY with anyone in the cast by using what he calls a Whif Cancel option select.(WCOS)

Basically its a way to cancel out of a normal move on whif into a special. Normally ONLY on hit can you cancel a move into a super but this trick on wakeups due to wakeup invincibility frames will read the whif as a hit and cancel into the super anyway! This gives you NASTY option selects on folks. Grundy goes for his D3, Superman goes for that punch with the armored wakeup, Grundy cancels into his air grab and it connects!

http://www.twitch.tv/doubleperfect/b/408444336

EVERYONE IN THE GAME HAS THIS SORT OF THING!!!!!!

GODLIKE TECH EXPLAINED AND SHOWN OFF!!

Saw this when Ultradavid retweeted Aris' video. Would Savage Blast for Green Arrow work well as his OS special? What's a useful meaty normal of his? B2 is a quick cancelable overhead, maybe that? Just tested it against Grundy, and Grundy can wakeup Cleaver and hit him but his Walking Corpse doesn't chase Savage Blast far enough so Ollie is safe from that.

shaowebb

Saw this when Ultradavid retweeted Aris' video. Would Savage Blast for Green Arrow work well as his OS special? What's a useful meaty normal of his? B2 is a quick cancelable overhead, maybe that?

Im thinking so and since its an overhead cancel into stinger for a high low option select :D

TO THE LAB!

Im thinking so and since its an overhead cancel into stinger for a high low option select :D

TO THE LAB!

I just tested b2 into Savage Blast against Grundy and unless I'm mistiming something, only Grundy's Cleaver Spin catches him. I don't think Walking Corpse and his trait grab catch GA if you use Savage Blast.

Xevren

I'm thinking this will be more useful for certain characters and not so much for others. I tried earlier to see what I could get it to beat with GA and certain attacks would beat me clean. Going to depend on the properties given to the wake up attack used by the duder getting up.

Unless I'm just fucking it up or something :p

shaowebb

I'm not clear on how that is any kind of option select when the special you cancel into always comes out.

Sort of depends on the character really. If you throw out your move and read a wakeup and cancel then its great. If you dont read folks that fast then yeah its not an option select so much as insurance against armored wakeup (still damned good...especially vs Black Adam).

But for folks who can turn this into a high low setup via the cancel it is AMAZINGLY good. It basically makes folks in some matchups decide between EVER having a wakeup or not. Vs folks with good WCOS they would generally be forced into back dashes and that in itself may not be good if you know thats their best option and read it.

Thats why its so good. It lets the guy on offense control things a TON more than normal.

I never want this patched out given how good zoning is in this game. This pretty much balances that out perfectly making it so that once you are in dat ass it is hard to force you back out. I can't wait to see what Green Arrow and Flash do in the Meta with this.

EDIT: Oh God stinger and Savage Blast both wouldn't be backdashable! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! This is so great!

DRE Fei

The only thing I see useful with that tech is the armor cancel option select which requires a meter. Otherwise, it loses to invincible wake up moves just like before. It may be useful for batgirl/hawkgirl though since they have specials that jump back and have evasive properties.

Wallach

The only thing I see useful with that tech is the armor cancel option select which requires a meter. Otherwise, the special-cancel option select loses to invincible wake up moves just like before. It may be useful for batgirl/hawkgirl though since they have specials that jump back and have evasive properties.

Yeah I mean I see how it applies to the general wakeup game, I just don't understand why it's being called an option select. The outcome of my input seems like it will always be the same regardless of what they do on wakeup, instead of actually giving me a potentially different action based on whether they block or backdash.

It may be useful for batgirl/hawkgirl though since they have specials that jump back and have evasive properties.

Yeah, that's what Aris and others are saying will be the most likely use for this. Green Arrow's Savage Blast is another example, and I wonder if the teleports (Aris, Shazam) work for this just as well.

DRE Fei

The whiff normal into option select super is good with flash, but that's about it. I don't think it's worth wasting that meter. I tried the other stuff and none of it works. He still sucks. They can still run away from him all day long.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I sincerely hope that Swamp Thing makes it into the next season of DLC. There are no brute-like grappler/brawlers in the game on the hero side of things; Swamp Thing could fill the void.

Outside of Swamp Thing, what other heroes does DC have to fill that role that aren't obscure such as Etrigan, Orion, Kilowog, Big Barda, Steel, and Wildcat?

Kizer

I sincerely hope that Swamp Thing makes it into the next season of DLC. There are no brute-like grappler/brawlers in the game on the hero side of things; Swamp Thing could fill the void.

Outside of Swamp Thing, what other heroes does DC have to fill that role that aren't obscure such as Etrigan, Orion, Kilowog, Big Barda, Steel, and Wildcat?

what would you consider shazam?

J-Tier

I would say Frankenstein, Agent of Shade could count too, though since his run ended, he'd be unlikely. He still is a part if Justice League Dark though.

vg260

That new wakeup stuff sounds like more of a programming glitch than a system feature. I'm not a fan of stuff like this in games. Kinda like like the TAC infinite glitch in UMvC3, it seems like an obvious case where things are not behaving as they are supposed to. If so, I'd rather they patch this out. Let them balance the game with move properties working correctly rather than via the abuse of a glitch.

Caspel

what would you consider shazam?

Shazam is not a "brute-like grappler." I am talking about DC's equivalent to The Thing, Hulk or Red Hulk, Colossus, She-Hulk, Luke Cage, Beast, Hercules, or Skaar. The more I think about it, the more I'd love to see Wildcat make an appearance. While he isn't exactly a brute-like grappler, he definitely was one of my favorite characters in Batman: Brave and the Bold.

Kizer

Shazam is not a "brute-like grappler." I am talking about DC's equivalent to The Thing, Hulk or Red Hulk, Colossus, She-Hulk, Luke Cage, Beast, Hercules, or Skaar. The more I think about it, the more I'd love to see Wildcat make an appearance. While he isn't exactly a brute-like grappler, he definitely was one of my favorite characters in Batman: Brave and the Bold.

I guess Barda would be the closest thing to that. All of the "brutish" characters as you put it that come to mind are villains.

I kinda want something involving the furies

This is the last batch of Avatar Costumes. Ill try to consolidate all the remaining codes later

Wonder Woman Tshirt MALE (QUOTE FOR CODE!)
Harley Quinn (QUOTE FOR CODE!)
Superman Tshirt MALE (QUOTE FOR CODE!)
Batman (QUOTE FOR CODE!)
Superman TShirt FEMALE (QUOTE FOR CODE!)
Wonder Woman(QUOTE FOR CODE!)

That new wakeup stuff sounds like more of a programming glitch than a system feature. I'm not a fan of stuff like this in games. Kinda like like the TAC infinite glitch in UMvC3, it seems like an obvious case where things are not behaving as they are supposed to. If so, I'd rather they patch this out. Let them balance the game with move properties working correctly rather than via the abuse of a glitch.

Agreed.

The developers intended for you to respect wakeup attacks, hence them having invincibility to begin with. Just bait them and punish.

Nori Chan

This is the last batch of Avatar Costumes. Ill try to consolidate all the remaining codes later

Batman (QUOTE FOR CODE!)

Got the batman costume. Thank you very much :)

shaowebb

Tried to snag the wonder woman costume, but my avatar's gender is wrong. So much for that plan lol.

BTW WCOS B2 Savage Blast says high Black Adam Lightning Cage wakeup attempts. How ya like me now?

Moaradin

Batman (QUOTE FOR CODE!)

snagged Harley Quinn, thanks :)

Caspel

I would say Frankenstein, Agent of Shade could count too, though since his run ended, he'd be unlikely. He still is a part if Justice League Dark though.

I need to catch up on Justice League Dark, but Frankenstein v Grundy in Injustice would be fun.

Khezu

Really hoping for some DLC info tomorrow, really want to see Scorpion or Zod.

MrcQ48O.jpg

Ryce

From Reddit:
scorpion's trailer is going up tomorrow. his model and moves are brand new - he is not just a lazy mk9 port. as for his character power? "flame on!" he will be available to download next week on june 4.
zod will be revealed e3 week and will be playable at the e3 show floor in the warner bros booth. injustice's first summon character? hmm. he will be available for download on june 18.
some extra news will come out of e3 - it would appear spring isn't the only season to get a pass!
come back here tomorrow when my scorpion news pans out and i might be in a giving mood. :)

Khezu

So Zod is gonna summon that hot chick with the short hair from the MoS trailers?

Summon character could imply a lot of different things.

shaowebb

Im just wondering how rough its gonna get with Scorpion doing his teleport and low fire given how amazing things like Batgirl's teleport and Aquaman's trident are with those traits. And flame on sounds like he'll inflict fire damage any time he touches you.

Already sounds top tier honestly if he has those tools .

Top Bottom