• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Nori Chan

Cyborgs star labs were indeed the most annoying. Jesus. I'm done with them though.

402/720 to go. Any other annoying ones to those who finished it?

Ryce

For fun, I made a list of all the missing characters I'd personally consider A or B tier in terms of historical significance, recognition, and mainstream appeal. Being a "casual" comic book fan, these are the characters I'm hoping to see represented in the next wave of DLC.

Heroes
  • Robin
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Hawkman
  • Supergirl
  • Black Canary

Fortunately, all the iconic heroes are largely accounted for. The most well-known Robin is already in the game as Nightwing (Dick Grayson), so an alternate costume would suffice just fine. Hawkman is unlikely to appear since Hawkgirl's already in the game -- unlike the Bat characters, the Hawks aren't popular enough to warrant both male and female incarnations. Supergirl could go either way. She's about as iconic as Batgirl, but with Zod there's no telling if NetherRealm would want to bother with a third Kryptonian. That leaves Martian Manhunter as the only "must have" hero.

Villains
  • Darkseid
  • Brainiac
  • Bizarro
  • Two-Face
  • Penguin
  • The Riddler
  • Scarecrow
  • Poison Ivy
  • Ra's al Ghul
  • Cheetah
  • Captain Cold
  • Professor Zoom
  • Gorilla Grodd
  • Black Manta

Evidently, there are a lot more important villains missing than heroes. I'd say Darkseid is the only super important one of the bunch, though. It would be nice to have a Flash villain.

J-Tier

For fun, I made a list of all the missing characters I'd personally consider A or B tier in terms of historical significance, recognition, and mainstream appeal. Being a "casual" comic book fan, these are the characters I'm hoping to see represented in the next wave of DLC.

Heroes
  • Robin
  • Martian Manhunter
  • Hawkman
  • Supergirl

Fortunately, all the iconic heroes are largely accounted for. The most well-known Robin is already in the game as Nightwing (Dick Grayson), so an alternate costume would suffice just fine. Hawkman is unlikely to appear since Hawkgirl's already in the game -- unlike the Bat characters, the Hawks aren't popular enough to warrant both male and female incarnations. Supergirl could go either way. She's about as iconic as Batgirl, but with Zod there's no telling if NetherRealm would want to bother with a third Kryptonian. That leaves Martian Manhunter as the only "must have" hero.

Villains
  • Darkseid
  • Brainiac
  • Bizarro
  • Two-Face
  • Penguin
  • The Riddler
  • Scarecrow
  • Poison Ivy
  • Ra's al Ghul
  • Cheetah
  • Captain Cold
  • Professor Zoom
  • Gorilla Grodd
  • Black Manta

Evidently, there are a lot more important villains missing than heroes. I'd say Darkseid is the only super important one of the bunch, though. It would be nice to have a Flash villain.

I'd say the only one missing is:

Black Canary

She was a main leaguer, replacing Wonder Woman at one point.

(Though anyone from the Teen Titan's series has a lot of mainstream appeal as well. That includes Starfire and Beastboy).

Seeing Static drop out at 3rd, while an insult that he got that high, is comforting. Red Hood treks onwards, undaunted, towards much deserved victory.

Ryce

I'd say the only one missing is:

Black Canary

She was a main leaguer, replacing Wonder Woman at one point.

(Though anyone from the Teen Titan's series has a lot of mainstream appeal as well. That includes Starfire and Beastboy).
You know, I completely forgot about Black Canary, but she does deserve to be on the list. I see her as DC's number four "mainstream" female hero behind Wonder Woman, Batgirl, and Supergirl. She even has a Barbie doll along with those three.

J-Tier

You know, I completely forgot about Black Canary, but she does deserve to be on the list. I see her as DC's number four "mainstream" female hero behind Wonder Woman, Batgirl, and Supergirl. She even has a Barbie doll along with those three.

Yeah, totally. I'd say they're the big four. If we were to push anyone else onto that list though, I'd say Huntress fits the bill. Even then, she's much less known than those four.

vg260

Seeing Static drop out at 3rd, while an insult that he got that high, is comforting. Red Hood treks onwards, undaunted, towards much deserved victory.

I was not familiar with the character and am glad. He looks like a 90s juice drink mascot.

Swamp Thing deserved to have fared better.

Jetman

How do I log out of a WBID account on the PS3 version (then again, every version is probably the same)? I used the community ID and password NEO0MJ provided a few days ago (Thanks Dude!) and don't want to screw him or anyone else who may need to use it.

Georgious

Banned
This is weird, I saw the Blackest Night and Zombies addons on PSN, and tried to add to cart but failed. Then they disappeared. Were they pulled from PSN? I tried the in-game store as well, no dice.

This is weird, I saw the Blackest Night and Zombies addons on PSN, and tried to add to cart but failed. Then they disappeared. Were they pulled from PSN? I tried the in-game store as well, no dice.

I'm still surprised it has taken this long for the Arkham Asylum, Blackest Night and Zombie packs to be made available via the US PlayStation Store. They have been available in EU since launch week, a fact that I hope is taken into consideration when deciding which costume pack(s) will be uploaded next. I'd much rather see the New 52 pack made available considering it has been limited to the collector's edition thus far.

I just went and looked for them about an hour and a half ago after reading someone mention they were on PSN. Glad I grabbed both of them before they got taken down.

J-Tier

So they're pulled? Does anybody know why

Word is you can still access the DLC through the game, instead of going to the store directly. Boot up your game, go to bonus contents and search for the DLC. Idk if that works, but that's what some have said.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Anybody good want to play tonight on Xbox? Tired of playing people who don't know how to play. Not pretending that I'm super amazingly awesome or anything, but I feel like 90% of the time I just win because people get hit by shit they shouldn't be getting hit by and it would be nice to play someone who knows how to block.

vg260

MRxTxT3mp: can we get another dlc trailer soon!
Ed Boon: Yes you may!

This week would be nice.

I still think it's crap that they've technically sold people these characters already, know who they are, yet are holding out on saying who they are.

I understand the marketing, but it sucks. It's funny that for UMvC3, even after the leak, people knew the characters, but were still dying to see actual in-game footage. If you take people's money, you should tell them what they're getting at the very least.

onionfrog

I still think it's crap that they've technically sold people these characters already, know who they are, yet are holding out on saying who they are.

I understand the marketing, but it sucks. It's funny that for UMvC3, even after the leak, people knew the characters, but were still dying to see actual in-game footage. If you take people's money, you should tell them what they're getting at the very least.
At least this game is getting proper DLC support, unlike Marvel.

onionfrog

True. Let's see how long it lasts. Hopefully being an in-house WB property, support will last a little longer.
I hope so, if we get a second set of DLC characters I'll be happy. And I'm already glad that NRS is doing things right and avoiding on disc DLC.

That is capcoms fault.
Marvel offered, capcom of america said please

Capcom of japan said , not right now we are
doing stuff.

And everyone said aww...
I completely agree, it was capcom's fault and its a shame to be honest. 1 alt costume for each character( on disc) was it for UMVC3's DLC. Capcom dropped the ball hard.

TDLink

MRxTxT3mp: can we get another dlc trailer soon!
Ed Boon: Yes you may!

This week would be nice.

My guess would be tomorrow (Thursday). Batgirl was also on a Thursday. That would allow next week for costume reveals and then a character release on the 11th. Perfect timing for the Man of Steel if it is Zod.

Ryce

If Zod's next, I'm actually kind of glad that there's an extra week's wait. I was expecting Scorpion on the 4th and Zod on the 18th, but now I get Zod a week early (I don't really care about Scorpion).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What meters burn moves am I missing? I just went through every character getting the all specials achievement and did the MBs along the way and I don't know what I'm missing.

There are some tricky ones here: but I got all of these too:
http://www.trueachievements.com/viewcomment.aspx?commentid=613674#vch

Any other tricky ones I may have missed?

That is capcoms fault.

Marvel offered, capcom of america said please

Capcom of japan said , not right now we are doing stuff.

And everyone said aww...
You are misinformed. Marvel never offered anything. We don't know Capcom USA's stance.

What was MvC3 turned into UMvC3 post-earthquake, which likely filled up whatever may have been a second title that was originally supposed to come later and be supported inbetween with their aggressive DLC strategy. The contract ran out afterwards. No point in renewing when your team has been allocated elsewhere, and your not making an MvC4.

Ryce

What meters burn moves am I missing? I just went through every character getting the all specials achievement and did the MBs along the way and I don't know what I'm missing.

There are some tricky ones here: but I got all of these too:

Any other tricky ones I may have missed?
Do the near and far variants count as separate special moves? Maybe you missed some of those?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Do the near and far variants count as separate special moves? Maybe you missed some of those?
They do, I checked some of those again but not all of them. Who else has those moves? Lex, Flash, I know.

Trying not to go through every character again.

Ryce

They do, I checked some of those again but not all of them. Who else has those moves? Lex, Flash, I know.

Trying not to go through every character again.
Green Lantern's Rocket Power, Cyborg's Target Acquired, Black Adam's Lightning Bomb, and Ares' God Smack. I think that's all of them.

Nori Chan

Green lanterns turbine was the last one I need. After I went through the whole cast, Enzo.

Try that. Also don't forget the air version of moves.

Nori Chan

Yes, and don't forget trait moves that can be meter burned like Ravens.

And some moves that are counters. You can do it in practice mode. Use Deathstroke as a dummy and do quick fires to do the anti projectile moves. I know Raven has one that you can use.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Green Lantern's Rocket Power, Cyborg's Target Acquired, Black Adam's Lightning Bomb, and Ares' God Smack. I think that's all of them.

Joker's teeth as well. Specifically for him do both the normal and low parry too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Enzo, dont forget about the counters, some of them have meter burns too

Edit: Grundy's trait can also be meter burned.
His trait can be meter burned, WAT? Or do the follow ups and final hit extensions just take meter?

Joker's teeth as well. Specifically for him do both the normal and low parry too.
You mean low parry for his trait?

Pretty sure I hit all of the counters already. Killer Frost, Batman, even did the Raven projectile counter (I found it easier to knock an opponent like Green Lantern down and make them do projectile on wakeup, used second controller for most of the physicals.

EDIT: none of Joker's parries can meter burn though.

Batgirl really has made it a pain to play my supes. She keeps me honest from a distance now and rushing her is difficult with her speed. I'm going to keep at it, though...until scorpion arrives : )

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think just the initial grab can be meter burned.
I think that may've been it. Got the achievement while I was looking away but I got it alright.

Thanks for your help guys!

Also a really odd thing I found was how hit boxes change during idle animations. Like some AA moves I can only hit on opponents standing directly in front of my character only after they've been idle for a while and their head moved a little up. I understand why it's like that with how they chose to make their hurt boxes but its still weird.

Batgirl really has made it a pain to play my supes. She keeps me honest from a distance now and rushing her is difficult with her speed. I'm going to keep at it, though...until scorpion arrives : )

Batgirl was put in this game to teach people how to block. Out of 20 ranked matches or so against her with my DS, ive lost 3-4 times.

Ryce

iOS update:

NEW CHARACTER: LOBO!
Play as the Main Man! Lobo is complete with unique special attacks and his own SUPER MOVE.
Collect Lobo’s own set of Support Cards… including SPACE DOLPHINS!
Lobo’s alien physiology makes him completely immune to POWER DRAIN.

NEW CHARACTERS: RED SON PACK
Red Son SUPERMAN now available!
Red Son WONDER WOMAN now available!
Red Son SOLOMON GRUNDY now available!
Team up with other Red Son characters to increase your power!
Future Red Son characters coming soon!

IMPROVEMENTS
Logging in to WB ID is now more stable.
Fixed issues with Support Cards. Now giving proper bonuses.

Top Bottom