• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Horseress

Man, Zod is cool as fuck, don't know if I'll main him, but I'm enjoying him a lot. Was wondering if you use his trait while being comboed, but lol, no you can't. No hidden missiles in Injustice thank god

Quick question, I recently picked up a copy of Injustice, and before fully jumping in I want to read the comic. So my question is, can I read all 24 chapters of the comic without spoiling anything in the game?

I did a google search and briefly checked the Wiki but couldn't find an answer.

Salamando

Quick question, I recently picked up a copy of Injustice, and before fully jumping in I want to read the comic. So my question is, can I read all 24 chapters of the comic without spoiling anything in the game?

I did a google search and briefly checked the Wiki but couldn't find an answer.

There's one moment in particular that'll have far less of a punch if you read the comic first. Or maybe it'll just leave you confused in a couple scenes. I'm not sure which. For the most part you should be fine. The comic so far has dealt mostly with the build up into the game. They haven't had much overlap at all.

Did the comics end at 24 or r they still going?

Issue 25 was released yesterday. They have more coming down the pipe for sure, but I couldn't tell you how many.

There's one moment in particular that'll have far less of a punch if you read the comic first. Or maybe it'll just leave you confused in a couple scenes. I'm not sure which. For the most part you should be fine. The comic so far has dealt mostly with the build up into the game. They haven't had much overlap at all.

Thanks! By punch are you talking about
Lois' or Jokers death? I've read up to chapter where Aquaman and Wonder Woman exchange blows.

I'm thinking of stopping there, starting/finishing the game and just reading the comic after I finish the game since they're actively still releasing more.

Salamando

Thanks! By punch are you talking about
Lois' or Jokers death? I've read up to chapter where Aquaman and Wonder Woman exchange blows.

I'm thinking of stopping there, starting/finishing the game and just reading the comic after I finish the game since they're actively still releasing more.

Nah.
Joker's Death
happens in the opening cinematic of the game, and the other thing isn't mentioned much at all. The moment that'll potentially ruin a small part of the game happens around chapter 13 or so. In game, there's two good moments where you go "holy crap, didn't see that happening", and it's there one of those moments may be ruined, or at least dulled.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
Did the Wii U DLC update include balancing, if so, how current is it compared to the others?

Astarte

If Static gets announced I'll jump for joy!
If Animal Man and Swamp Thing are a tag team duo in this game I'll eat the concept of hype itself

vg260

That already happened, Scorpion and Zod.

I'll give ya Zod.

But yeah, I think a lot of people, myself included, want MMH mostly out of principle and he might not be as cool or popular to use as people expect. Kinda like Lobo. Does anyone use him?

shaowebb

That already happened, Scorpion and Zod.

What no Batgirl? She's still badass in this game. Speed, resets, teleport punishes, long combos, overheads, great mobility...
Seriously expecting her to start climbing through tournies at some point. Especially considering Green Arrow has been hitting Grand Finals in Japan and America and I honestly feel she does his thing of punish, conversion,pressure better as she has a better mixups. Easier to get damage with her and less problems in certain matchups.

vg260

I don't consider Lobo a waste of a slot since he apparently was highly requested. It seems like most people wouldn't care if it was a stick figure as long as it mopped up other characters. (e.g. Scorpion).

Horseress

I don't consider Lobo a waste of a slot since he apparently was highly requested. It seems like most people wouldn't care if it was a stick figure as long as it mopped up other characters. (e.g. Scorpion).

Lobo is awesome, too bad he's low tier...but he's fun to play

Ryce

Yeah no one uses Lobo, he sucks. Complete waste of a slot.
The second most requested DLC character is considered a "waste of a slot" because he's not competitively viable. Gotta love fighting game fans. It almost makes all of this Martian Manhunter campaigning meaningless.

DR2K

Banned
The second most requested DLC character is considered a "waste of a slot" because he's not competitively viable. Gotta love fighting game fans. It almost makes all of this Martian Manhunter campaigning meaningless.

No one is using him period. If he was that requested then it wasn't by people that wanted to play as him.

vg260

No one is using him period. If he was that requested then it wasn't by people that wanted to play as him.

Maybe. I was cool with the pick and wanted him in, even though I am not a big an or even user necessarily, kinda like MMH. (and Mega Man in UMvC3) I think they should be in. Apparently his fans stopped using him because he's not competitively viable. It does make a lot of character requests to developers ring hollow.

Ryce

The people who requested him gave up on him because he isn't very good. It's more a balancing problem on NetherRealm's part than a disinterest in Lobo as a character.

vg260

Yeah. I like seeing character variety, so I hope he gets buffed. Still sad to see people give up on a character. I'm probably in the minority because I always play as the characters I enjoy as characters regardless of tiers. Makes UMvC3 a huge uphill battle for me. None of the top 5-6 interest me.

DR2K

Banned
The people who requested him gave up on him because he isn't very good. It's more a balancing problem on NetherRealm's part than a disinterest in Lobo as a character.

I just hope the next character pack NRS is more upfront with their roster choices.

These 4 were not very good or balanced choices. An Mk character, another Batman character, another Superman villian, and a fan requested character that isn't very good.

J-Tier

Ninja who is also a skeleton who is also on fire > Green guy who's not even Piccolo

Ninja who is also a skeleton who is also on fire < Martian that's capable of shapeshifting, intangibility, psychic powers, and a continued platter of powers.

Your opinion, but I completely disagree. Scorpion is conceptually random and arbitrary. A ninja that is a skeleton that is on fire. I just don't see how that beats something that has a much richer history.

1045235_568894919829794_1446010730_n.jpg

Also, seeing this in the comics (thanks to the Injustice FB) made me really wish Black Canary was in this.

vg260

Out of context, a skeleton on fire is hard to beat in my opinion but in context of MK/injustice, I agree there's no comparison due to context/history.

Scorpion has one of the best throws in the game, however.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

He's a waste of a slot because he's lame as fuck regardless of him being good or not.

Ryce

He's a waste of a slot because he's lame as fuck regardless of him being good or not.
I think he's lame, too, but I wouldn't call him a "waste of a slot" since people actually wanted him. With that said, I don't like the idea of fans determining which characters make the cut. Zod might be my favorite character in the game, but we wouldn't have gotten him if fans had a say.

I'm going to both agree and disagree with the "waste of a slot" comment. He's in the game because he's a popular character, cool.

But holy shit his moveset is terrible.

One of my favorite DC characters, The Question, has no chance of making it. Another, Zatanna, has a slight chance. I generally want more JSA representation but probably won't get it outside of a few costumes here and there. I'm okay with all of this.

Martian Manhunter fans are pretty rabid though, but I understand. The only founding member of the League to not be in the initial roster. Even though Beast made it in, them changing the rest of the original X-Men in the First Class movie pissed me off to no end so I can relate.

Also the only "waste of one slot" addition would be Ambush Bug
Because he should take up all of the slots.

J-Tier

One of my favorite DC characters, The Question, has no chance of making it. Another, Zatanna, has a slight chance. I generally want more JSA representation but probably won't get it outside of a few costumes here and there. I'm okay with all of this.

Martian Manhunter fans are pretty rabid though, but I understand. The only founding member of the League to not be in the initial roster. Even though Beast made it in, them changing the rest of the original X-Men in the First Class movie pissed me off to no end.

Yeah, Question has little chance, though he's going to be a big part of DC's next major arc along side Phantom Stranger and Pandora. He'd have been a cool character, and a Rorschach alt would've been acceptable.

John Constantine is probably my fav, and he's going to play a big role too...

From the free preview of the Trinity War arc:

Just look at him with that Shazam symbol on his chest, I wonder what it all means for John Constantine.

Also, props to anyone who could name every character in the center spread rofl.

Just look at him with that Shazam symbol on his chest, I wonder what it all means for John Constantine.

It means he's the next Sorcerer Supreme! Or, wait, wrong company.

Haven't popped into the thread in a while but just wanted to say that unfortunately the MK9 PC port isn't that great. They actually managed to add problems to MK9's online (private matches are a wreck and could freeze/crash your game). Really disappointing but I'm still glad I bought it just to add support for more fighters (especially Injustice) coming to PC. I just wish WB in general would get their shit together for their PC ports.

Xevren

It means he's the next Sorcerer Supreme! Or, wait, wrong company.

Haven't popped into the thread in a while but just wanted to say that unfortunately the MK9 PC port isn't that great. They actually managed to add problems to MK9's online (private matches are a wreck and could freeze/crash your game). Really disappointing but I'm still glad I bought it just to add support for more fighters (especially Injustice) coming to PC. I just wish WB in general would get their shit together for their PC ports.

Is the netcode an improvement from the console version at all? Only reason for me even thinking about it really.

Gotta say I really like the new alts for Hawkgirl, I still like to play her from time to time.

Top Bottom