• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Is the netcode an improvement from the console version at all? Only reason for me even thinking about it really.

It isn't an improvement at all from my experience. It may actually be worse as private matches are borked for a lot of people. Plus, there's got to be something wrong with the lobby/room system because you can see more than 5000 people on Steam playing it but it barely shows anyone in the rooms. Some have even said changing their AA setting helped show more people online, which sounds insane to me. The port's online is just an undoubtedly big mess (browse through the OT or other forums to read more about the port's problems) and I can only hope that

a) either HV or the community can find some way to salvage or fix it and
b) Injustice, if it does get ported, gets more any attention given to its online.

Xevren

It isn't an improvement at all from my experience. It may actually be worse as private matches are borked for a lot of people. Plus, there's got to be something wrong with the lobby/room system because you can see more than 5000 people on Steam playing it but it barely shows anyone in the rooms. Some have even said changing their AA setting helped show more people online, which sounds insane to me. The port's online is just an undoubtedly big mess (browse through the OT or other forums to read more about the port's problems) and I can only hope that

a) either HV or the community can find some way to salvage or fix it and
b) Injustice, if it does get ported, gets more any attention given to its online.

That's sad to hear, thanks for answering though.

shaowebb

LOL! Just found out you can parry Zod's trait monster and it teleports Zod over to it to suffer the consequences. Folks on TYM are doing it full screen with Joker and Batman. XD

Ed Boon's "fourth" teaser had me thinking.

Stephanie Brown was the fourth Robin, and Spoiler makes sense to me as she is such a huge fan favorite character.

Thoughts? I know Mars = fourth planet makes sense but isn't MMH practically confirmed and this wouldn't be much of a tease?

kyo27

So my brother was showing me MK 9 on PC and it looks amazing in hi res. So I think it's safe to assume that a complete edition of Injustice will be released sometime next year around or after April. What are the chances that NetherRealm would port the complete edition to the PS4/XB1? The game would look amazing in 1080p and I would definitely buy the game again on next gen consoles. I'm guessing Injustice 2 would be a ways off, since a next gen MK would probably come first.

J-Tier

So my brother was showing me MK 9 on PC and it looks amazing in hi res. So I think it's safe to assume that a complete edition of Injustice will be released sometime next year around or after April. What are the chances that NetherRealm would port the complete edition to the PS4/XB1? The game would look amazing in 1080p and I would definitely buy the game again on next gen consoles. I'm guessing Injustice 2 would be a ways off, since a next gen MK would probably come first.

Would be ideal if they ported it to next gen. Would make the game have a lot more longevity in the fighting game scene.

vg260

I want a PC port, but either PC or next gen, I don't wanna have to unlock those costumes. Hopefully they'll be unlocked by default in the complete edition.

shaowebb

Seriously considering developing a Hawkgirl after today. When I do play I play Green Arrow and Bane with a little Batgirl. Went to a local today and never got anywhere with them. Just started browsing through the cast and played Hawkgirl and actually started gaining ground, punishing tons of stuff and playing way stronger footsies.

I didn't know any strings or combos and just sort of abused her mace charge and wing evade cancels along with her air mobility and lows. Just pure pressure and aggression and it worked. I think if I develop some actual damn strings I may honestly have a character that I can get mileage with without having to learn a lot of execution for given my busy schedule.

Keeping Bane though...I believe in him. Green Arrow is pretty much dropping off for me. Too much work to get damage even if the guy gets a a lot of tools to create opportunities I just aint got time for all that.

Xevren

Seriously considering developing a Hawkgirl after today. When I do play I play Green Arrow and Bane with a little Batgirl. Went to a local today and never got anywhere with them. Just started browsing through the cast and played Hawkgirl and actually started gaining ground, punishing tons of stuff and playing way stronger footsies.

I didn't know any strings or combos and just sort of abused her mace charge and wing evade cancels along with her air mobility and lows. Just pure pressure and aggression and it worked. I think if I develop some actual damn strings I may honestly have a character that I can get mileage with without having to learn a lot of execution for given my busy schedule.

Keeping Bane though...I believe in him. Green Arrow is pretty much dropping off for me. Too much work to get damage even if the guy gets a a lot of tools to create opportunities I just aint got time for all that.

Hawkgirl is pretty simple, outside of the corner you really won't have much in terms of combo's really. If you do force people into the corner though she's got some crazy stuff. So in a way it's the same as Green Arrow again! She's still fun, a weird hit and run type character imo.

shaowebb

Hawkgirl is pretty simple, outside of the corner you really won't have much in terms of combo's really. If you do force people into the corner though she's got some crazy stuff. So in a way it's the same as Green Arrow again! She's still fun, a weird hit and run type character imo.
Yeah she felt good to me as a Green Arrow person, but her mid screen pressure felt better and her punishes were FAR easier to hit than arrows. Her special tools were meant to march her forward and not just away and her strings dont make me have to chase folks halfway across the screen to continue my combo like GA. Mace charge into its MB overhead is sweet pressure and the guessing game wing evade causes is great. Plus her ability to say fuckit and go to the top of the screen or air dash in with her mace is great.

That and...well...she's easier execution with higher damage reward than Green Arrow IMO. Far harder to drop her shit than GA's and its always on deck...no arrow loads.

I gotta say though Zod was a guessing game at times of will he jump or not to get in and punish once he got full screen. Threading the needle got HARSH once he traited up with all that zoning.

What if they were trying to hint to us with all the Blackest Night costumes that they are going to add Nekron?

2974952-2564551829-Nekro.jpg

He's basically an NRS character already

Ryce

Eh... he's too obscure. NetherRealm seems to be playing it safe with mainstream DLC picks.

(5 days until Evo/Martian Manhunter footage!)

Horseress

The producer Hector also retweeted a dude asking about a PC version.

ie7OpdgIHg33O.gif

LOL that's kinda amazing

Also, I've been trying Lobo, his not that good indeed, but his d+2 is great! Aquaman style, can lead to big big damage. His forward dash is also great, can get in very quick, but not having any full screen projectile puts him down the tier list =/

shaowebb

LOL that's kinda amazing

Also, I've been trying Lobo, his not that good indeed, but his d+2 is great! Aquaman style, can lead to big big damage. His forward dash is also great, can get in very quick, but not having any full screen projectile puts him down the tier list =/

I like his D2 a lot as well and yeah that roll is great. Curious though...can you use his low chain grab coupled with his roll's mobility to cover for his lack of zoning? Shouldn't those two together create just as rough long range pressure?

Horseress

I like his D2 a lot as well and yeah that roll is great. Curious though...can you use his low chain grab coupled with his roll's mobility to cover for his lack of zoning? Shouldn't those two together create just as rough long range pressure?

Yes, you can close the gap between you and the zoners very quickly and threatening them with the low scoop, and his bf+3 is a great footsie tool too, very fast. He also has a good string that starts with a low (b1,21+2), but his overhead is only good to extend combos, it's too slow for mix ups
People threw him in the low tier can too fast IMO, he has good tools

MightyKAC

So since I picked this up a few weeks ago I've really been enjoying it. I've been rocking Green Arrow and having a lot of fun winning or losing.

But I can't help shake the feeling that I've been playing too gimmicky and that it's going to hurt my playstyle somewhere down the road.

Is there a player in the Injustice roster that pretty much personifies the most basic / gimmick free style that's in this game?

Top Bottom