• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Ryce

I still say it's Zatanna. Stage magicians and funhouses are thematically similar (carnivalesque sideshow entertainment).

J-Tier

Yeah, it's probably Zatanna as she's not just a hero, but a stage magician who puts on shows. I imagine he specifically used Funhouse just cuz Ed Boon himself provided the voice for the face on the pinball machine.

The way the doll is dressed could also be what's referencing Zatanna, the suit and bowtie look.

Caffeine

ye its most likely zatanna

there is no way its red hood because jason todd was never part of the circus like dick grayson but he did try to steal the tires off the batmobile xD

toyman doesnt fit the other 2 clues.

Salamando

there is no way its red hood because jason todd was never part of the circus like dick grayson but he did try to steal the tires off the batmobile xD

But the Joker is connected to Funhouses, and he killed Jason Todd.

Still put my money on Zatanna. It's just fun playing "how does this connect to Red Hood"

Khezu

What I posted on TYM.

Someone on gamefaqs named Maverickneo kinda figured it out.

Some lady named Kristyn voiced Zatanna in a ladys of DC pinball game, later she did an interview and in the interview she was asked what her favorite pinball game was, and she said "funhouse".

Probably Zatanna, voiced by that lady.

And here is her voice.

3rd voice.

TDLink

I'm excited for zatanna. She is a great choice. It's about time we had a real magic user. I'm not excited to see what they do to her face.

Kizer

What I posted on TYM.

Someone on gamefaqs named Maverickneo kinda figured it out.

Some lady named Kristyn voiced Zatanna in a ladys of DC pinball game, later she did an interview and in the interview she was asked what her favorite pinball game was, and she said "funhouse".

Probably Zatanna, voiced by that lady.

And here is her voice.

3rd voice.

that is the worst pinball game I've ever seen.

Ryce

later she did an interview and in the interview she was asked what her favorite pinball game was, and she said "funhouse".
That's not true at all.

I think we're getting Zatanna, but that interview -- and the unlicensed(?) DC pinball game in general -- has nothing to do with Boon's hint.

Khezu

That's not true at all.

I think we're getting Zatanna, but that interview -- and the unlicensed(?) DC pinball game in general -- has nothing to do with Boon's hint.

I hope so, because no offense to that lady, but she does not make a good Zatanna.

Plus, we need Hale to reprise her role, and so she can voice 3 characters.

I was waiting for the PC release and/or Complete Edition to buy any of the dlc characters but Zatanna would force my hand.

And wow, that spike as soon as Ed and the official Twitters got hold of it, good stuff. Injustice was barely above SFxT last time I looked a few minutes ago.

Kizer

...I wouldn't mind it if it was actually Felix Faust. I know it won't be and I am probably in the minority on that one, but he always resonated with me for whatever reason.

ReiGun

My biggest dream char is still Circe. I think she's cool, and it'd be nice to have another Wonder Woman char in the game.

That said, Z is cool too.

Kizer

My current wish list
in case you were curious

1. Atrocitus
2. Parasite
3. Livewire
4. Gorilla Grodd
5. Black Manta
6. Mirror Master
7. Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle
8. Some kind of booster gold/ted kord duo character (I never wear the gold without the blue)
9. Saint Walker
10. Black Canary
11. Felix Faust
12. Cheeta
13. Etrigan (you KNOW you want the rhyme)
14. Specter
15. Vigilante for the wild card character (I'd be fine with the more probable Jonah Hex)

Edit: Come to think of it, DC has a lot of really cool characters. Both Marvel and DC are such good ips to borrow from, I think. So many choices.

Kizer

Wouldn't it make sense to release these dlc later and further apart to increase the longevity of the game?

No. The sooner all the characters are out the easier it would be to give all the characters their necessary patches because all the players would be on the field, so to speak. "longevity" can be preserved with things like costumes and such that don't ultimately effect gameplay.

also I want them right now

J-Tier

My wants in no particular order, cuz I want to copy the cool cat above me and list things too.

John Constantine
Black Manta
Atrocitus
Saint Walker
Larfleeze
Black Canary
Mera
Jonah Hex
Booster Gold (I can see him separate, particularly with Skeets, he's been in runs without Kord too, even though those were some of his best)
Etrigan (I KNOW I want the rhyme)
Brainiac
Animal Man
Vixen
Wildcat
Swamp Thing
Katana

Wouldn't it make sense to release these dlc later and further apart to increase the longevity of the game?

The later it is, the harder it is for more content to be made, as the time slot for "making profit" has passed and the team has generally moved on to a new project.

ReiGun

We doing lists? Cool.

Mera
Circe
Static
Booster Gold
Blue Beetle (Jaime)
Black Manta
Swamp Thing
Animal Man
Captain Cold
Weather Wizard
Vixen
Larfleeze
Aqualad (Kaldur)
Spoiler
Cheetah
Vibe
Wonder Girl
Plastic Man
Grodd

Kizer

I would also love vibe and mera, but I thought my list was getting a bit long.

Oh my god could you imagine Etrigan's clash lines? I expect he'd have some with Scorpion considering their origins. Superman and Wonder woman as well? Probably batman too since why not, everyone else does.

Khezu

Characters I really want in the game

Red Hood

Other characters that would be cool, but eh.

Star Sapphire
Atrocitus
Power Girl/Super Girl/Faora
Amanda Waller

Kizer

How cool would firestorm be? Or a fire/ice duo? Maybe a hawk/dove duo instead? I just can't see those characters not being a duo kinda thing.

TDLink

My top 10 desires currently:

1. Static
  2. Dr. Fate
  3. Booster Gold
  4. Black Manta
  5. Gorilla Grodd
  6. Zatanna
  7. Larfleeze
  8. Ion (Kyle Rayner)
  9. Etrigan
  10. Atrocitus

Runner Ups:

• Phantom Stranger
  • Krypto
  • Jonah Hex
  • Plastic Man
  • Captain Cold

Khezu

How cool would firestorm be? Or a fire/ice duo? Maybe a hawk/dove duo instead? I just can't see those characters not being a duo kinda thing.

FIrestorm would be good, his powers are ridiculous, and he will make Killer Frost somewhat less stupid.

I love listwars.

Circe
Static
Fire
Hawk/Dove
Black Manta (Kaldur with the Water Swords)
Etrigan
OMAC (motherfuckers!)
Firestorm
Dr. Fate
Ion
Grodd
Count Vertigo
Swamp Thing
Animal Man
Jonah Hex
The Ray
White Lantern Kyle Rayner
Faora
Wraith
The Spectre
Vibe
Eclipso
Element Woman
Katanna
Big Barda
Granny Goodness
Darkseid
Constantine
Black Beetle
Witch-boy

Big Barda & Static would make me the happiest.

Ryce

Here are my top ten:
  1. Darkseid
  2. Gorilla Grodd
  3. Captain Cold
  4. Swamp Thing
  5. Black Manta
  6. Supergirl
  7. Black Canary
  8. Professor Zoom
  9. Poison Ivy
  10. Atrocitus

I'm pretty sure we're getting Zatanna next, so hopefully one of the final characters will be from my list.

Kizer

Here are my top ten:
  1. Darkseid
  2. Gorilla Grodd
  3. Captain Cold
  4. Swamp Thing
  5. Black Manta
  6. Supergirl
  7. Black Canary
  8. Professor Zoom
  9. Poison Ivy
  10. Atrocitus

I'm pretty sure we're getting Zatanna next, so hopefully one of the final characters will be from my list.

If you got zoom as a flash costume with a different voice, would you still consider that as him being in the game?

Ryce

If you got zoom as a flash costume with a different voice, would you still consider that as him being in the game?
I just want a Flash villain in the game, mainly. A Zoom skin would be fine (I think the Blackest Night skin is technically Zoom), but I'd like for there to be a separate Flash villain on the character select screen.

J-Tier

I just want a Flash villain in the game, mainly. A Zoom skin would be fine (I think the Blackest Night skin is technically Zoom), but I'd like for there to be a separate Flash villain on the character select screen.

Like the Top? Haha.

The Flash villain I'd like to see is Captain Boomerang

TDLink

I want Blue Beetle, Swamp Thing, Plastic Man and Rorschach.

Also, when do character trailers usually go up? Tuesday? Friday?

Whenever they feel like it. I am pretty sure we have gotten them on almost every day of the week now, including Saturday and Sunday.

Considering he said "this week" rather than tomorrow though I would guess on Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday.

laaame

What's the frame data on that thing it looks unsafe to me

It's -8 on block but it pushes away from the other opponent far enough to be "safe". Superman's super could prob punish it but i'm too lazy to test it.
It is safe. Can treat it like Doomsdays Supernova and go for armored b3's. Can't remember if you can forward dash to avoid it or not, may be character dependent.
When I try punishing it by forward dashing the tele will cross me up so I'm not sure if that is a viable option.

Any Ares players here? I know this is a stupid question, as it's one of Ares' worst matchups, but any tips for dealing with Superman?

Yeah, yeah, I know... Superman.

I have the most trouble with just finding things to punish. Everything seems really safe against Ares.

Who am I kidding, I just need to practice MMH more....

Top Bottom