• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Gleethor

Rewatching the trailer, I think that her super is A: super lame considering her potential, and B: totally a Dr. Fate leftover (this super would've been lame for him as well).

Villains:
Lobo
Scorpion
Zod

Heroes:
Batgirl
MMH
Zatanna

Considering the lack of a second season pass, I have no confidence that there will be any more characters.

In fact I kind of doubt their story about how they didn't intend to make MMH, but then responded to fan request.

They planned on these 6 since before the game went gold and did their PR well.

Ryce

In fact I kind of doubt their story about how they didn't intend to make MMH, but then responded to fan request.

They planned on these 6 since before the game went gold and did their PR well.
If Martian Manhunter was planned from the beginning, he'd have gotten an original outfit like everyone else in the game. They were forced to use the New 52 Martian Manhunter for the sake of consistency because that's the version that appears in the background of the Watchtower. The Martian Manhunter announcer audio was clearly recorded separately from the others, too (the pitch, volume, and distortion are all off). Also, his voice actor doesn't appear in the end credits. He really sticks out as a late addition.

Video game conspiracy theories are lol.

J-Tier

Lots of conspiracies going on about them making the DLC before having gone gold. Can't prove it one way or another, but it is a bit irksome the way some outside of GAF have been parading around as if it were fact.

Kizer

Lots of conspiracies going on about them making the DLC before having gone gold. Can't prove it one way or another, but it is a bit irksome the way some outside of GAF have been parading around as if it were fact.

Never really understood this mentality. "I heard it on the internet so it MUST be true."

Moaradin

The animated voice is much better. Oh well. I hope the skins aren't done.

I'm pretty sure that is her animated voice. From Young Justice anyways. They could have just got Hale again but she does voice two characters in the game already.

vg260

I'm pretty sure that is her animated voice. From Young Justice anyways. They could have just got Hale again but she does voice two characters in the game already.

Oh, ok, well at least some consistency is good then. Super is kinda disappointing, though. Was expecting something more like using her hat to suck someone in or something, but they kinda used it up on her end pose.

Xevren

Not gonna lie, really like what I see of her. I really hope we don't get anyone else with a teleport, and I also feel bad for Raven after seeing Zat's in action. Plus she has to be in trait to do it. Zat's trait looks pretty interesting too.

Khezu

In case you don't trust the internet, the Injustice facebook confirmed Zatanna is coming next week.

0ZZ9Ptt.jpg

Ryce

It's weird how this last set of DLC characters completely ignores the over-designed original outfit concept that the first 28 characters embody. Don't get me wrong, I greatly prefer Zatanna's classic costume to whatever NetherRealm would have "dreamt" up for her, but she doesn't really fit in with the rest of the cast visually.

Khezu

Well for Zatanna, she is still a stage magician, it's not like shes going to start wearing grim dark armor to her shows on the vegas strip.

I don't really mind though, mostly because they don't show up in the story mode.

Jonogunn

It's weird how this last set of DLC characters completely ignores the over-designed original outfit concept that the first 28 characters embody. Don't get me wrong, I greatly prefer Zatanna's classic costume to whatever NetherRealm would have "dreamt" up for her, but she doesn't really fit in with the rest of the cast visually.

I hate bat girls outfit. Felt like they over did it.

vg260

Ed Boon ‏@noobde 14m
RT @MatPaget @noobde Any more skins planned for release? EB: Oh yes.

Skins seem like easy money. I hope we get some of the highly requested ones soon.

Hopefully these from the upcoming Arkham Origins are off the table:
2013-08-0701_56_58-bauebkz.png

Jonogunn

They really need to spread the skins around more. So many characters have 1-3 only.

I would want more green arrow skins if most of them weren't so ugly. The Arrow costume from the tv show is by far the best one.

Zatanna's voice doesn't bother me since it appears to be the same one from Young Justice, which I loved. Any YJ or DCAU voice actors are good to me for the game.

Gleethor

So Rigo Cortes (NRS community manager) responded to a tweet asking if they were moving Scorpion to the villains side of the character select screen, he responds with "The UI is locked. Re-arranging is a LOT more complicated than you can imagine."

https://twitter.com/NinjaBoy66

Khezu

They are doing another stream Monday for Zatanna.

Last one didn't reveal anything too crazy, but it was kinda neat to watch, plus Slips was there.

TDLink

Last one didn't reveal anything too crazy, but it was kinda neat to watch, plus Slips was there.

Boon tweeted earlier that more skins are planned...but if no more come with the Zatanna patch I think that is pretty odd. I wonder what the hold up is and what the plan is for their release.

Xevren

Slips is awesome, he's a pretty funny dude. I always loved when he and 16 bit would jump on the mic.

Also, I hope we get New 52 Zatanna skin at some point now.

DR2K

Banned
Zatanna neat, someone should have made a new thread, lol.

I wonder if Powergirl/Supergirl will make it in. Possibly as Superman skins.

Tirael

Hi, I'm new to Injustice and I had a quick question. I don't own the game yet, so this is just preliminary until I buy the game, I'm just playing it with a friend.

My friend likes to use Nightwing and spam Wing Dings. (The in-air Batarang-type move.) I'm having a hard time dealing with this. I learned early on that they hit overhead, but I still get hit with them a lot. I'm using Ares, and I've tried punishing with the sword, (Down+Trait,) but it doesn't come out quick enough, and disappears when I get hit.

I'll learn everything else when I get the game, I just need help with this particular thing for now.

Also I love how, even if you meterburn Ares's cloaking, any move that would be useful to mix up with from any distance, (Teleport, God Smash) leaves a big telltale trail of energy so they know exactly what I'm doing.

Kizer

Hi, I'm new to Injustice and I had a quick question. I don't own the game yet, so this is just preliminary until I buy the game, I'm just playing it with a friend.

My friend likes to use Nightwing and spam Wing Dings. (The in-air Batarang-type move.) I'm having a hard time dealing with this. I learned early on that they hit overhead, but I still get hit with them a lot. I'm using Ares, and I've tried punishing with the sword, (Down+Trait,) but it doesn't come out quick enough, and disappears when I get hit.

I'll learn everything else when I get the game, I just need help with this particular thing for now.

Also I love how, even if you meterburn Ares's cloaking, any move that would be useful to mix up with from any distance, (Teleport, God Smash) leaves a big telltale trail of energy so they know exactly what I'm doing.

He has a teleport. Try teleporting behind them and punishing them on their way down.

Tirael

He has a teleport. Try teleporting behind them and punishing them on their way down.
I tried that some, but the startup of the teleport seems slow, I kept getting hit by them. It seems like I would need to predict more than react, which sucks balls.

Khezu

Dr Fate Zee would be aces. But that'd mean NRS released extra costumes for the DLC characters...

Well Zod is getting his MoS costume at some point, but that might just be a unique thing to him.

Still wonder what the hold up is on that. Need to start pumping out these costumes as fast as possible well the casuals are still active and willing to throw down their money.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

They're negative on block and hit.

Unless he's doing them as close to the ground as possible you can probably just hit him with buttons or w/e

Xevren

Meterburn cloak really isn't worth it, for Are's I tend to only use meter on ex god smack. As for Wing Dings you can just block it and move in. Or you can just god smack across the screen, meter burn for some combo's. I love instilling fear into people with that move so much.

Top Bottom