• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Target is running buy one get one half off on select Wii U games and this is one of them (!)

Thinking about getting this plus Monster Hunter, keep the Wii U impressions incoming please!

Khezu

Raven is really fun, also trying out Harley, she seems a little awkward, but she has a lot of interesting moves, and her zoning game seems good.

<3 Ravens Regime alt, she just looks so cool in it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Took my 10 minute aquaman online and ruled a lobby for 2 cycles. Man, people are terrible...the clash system alone is giving me a huge edge, I barely have any idea what I'm doin otherwise.

Sagitario

Guys, fernoca asked me to post this:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The perfect Dark said:
WiiU version warning (online):

This port has the most disgraceful online mode on the WiiU.

No Private Matches
Chat Menu gets locked up in KOTH and won't close til you restart the console
Matches take forever to find
Matches are extremely laggy and usually disconnect in the character select screen.

Everything else though is perfect, I've been playing the 360 and PS3 ports and it is identical.
source: http://testyourmight.com/threads/wiiu-online.30130/
:/

-No Private Matches seems to be true, for now. Kinda weird omission, guess we'll have to wait for an update (remember reading that there was going be a "day one patch" for all versions and so far, there hasn't on Wii U).
-No problems with the Chat Menu, worked fine when I tried it during King of the hill.
-Matches taking forever, like with every game..depends on how many people are playing and which modes. Ranked takes longer as there seem to be more people playing Player Match.
-No lags or disconnects so far. Played one Ranked, multiple Player Matches (1v1) and spectated/fought in a few King of the Hill matches.

So, aside the weird lack of Private Matches, every thing is basically...anecdotal/you mileage my vary sort of thing.

By the way, also forgot that to the earleir post:
-You can take pictures and posted on Miiverse.
-DLC is mentioend in the back. Error or not (like the lack of mention of compatibility with the Wii Classic Controller), we'll see. But it was mentioned on the Nintendo Direct; so as mentioned earlier guess we'll have to wait for the DLC to get dates.

In case anyone was wondering, I asked to be banned for a few months (until September) to focus on my life in general, work and other things. But still watch here and there; with this upcoming console generation and "warz", at the moment is better to spectate and watch than trying to discuss with a few people, so it was also a way to force myself to not reply. XD

And thanks to Sagitario for posting this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Svafnir

So only the online is messed up on Wii U? I have no interest in the online... so is it ok if I get that version? I am selling my PS3 once I get a PS4, so don't really wanna get a non Wii U version anymore.

Gartooth

Damn missed it again! My old ass iPod Touch isn't high tech enough for the Injustice game so I can't get any of the costumes from it. Ah well, the one I really wanted was New 52 Flash and thankfully that is available in the main game, but the Batman Beyond skin would have been cool.

Guesong

So only the online is messed up on Wii U? I have no interest in the online... so is it ok if I get that version? I am selling my PS3 once I get a PS4, so don't really wanna get a non Wii U version anymore.

It's perfectly fine. Runs as smoothly as any other version.

TentPole

lol it's fine I just started too, growing pains always suck :p

I don't mind playing with you some more if you want to set up a King of the Hill but I don't feel like I am learning anything from banging my head against your Killer Frost over and over again.

And it can't be that much fun just kicking my ass over and over again.

Man, I definitely want this (have the funds too), but I certainly don't need it. I've never played (well owned I guess) a fighting game besides Smash, but I thought the demo was fun!

*Sigh* I guess i'll wait for a price drop on the Wii U version if only for that off-tv play. TOO MANY GAMEZ OUT!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Damn I keep missing the iOS codes :[

Where is the Amazon Pre order code? The one I was emailed just seems to be the $10 credit.

Only other code would be the kindle comic book code.

Still trying to trade my $10 Amazon code for some New 52 and Red Son stuff. Let me know if you have any PS3 codes you want to trade!
Otherwise I am REALLY enjoying the game so far. Superman and Green Arrow are even more fun than I expected.

vocab

I don't mind playing with you some more if you want to set up a King of the Hill but I don't feel like I am learning anything from banging my head against your Killer Frost over and over again.

And it can't be that much fun just kicking my ass over and over again.

Just don't play Q. He's a bully.

Khezu

Man, I need to start remembering to use Ravens Devil Trigger power more.

The pillars and teleports are pretty good.

Yaari

Earlier on, someone also mentioned the Tatsunoko vs Capcom stick in combination with this game. If it works good, I might also consider that. I no longer have a Wii Mote though so getting that running would be quite a hassle. Any impressions on that?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Has anyone actually gotten the WBID stuff to connect properly yet? Guessing it's getting hammered for the launch, but I should have Batman Beyond, Arkham Harley and Knightfall Bane after it connects but still don't.

"Minimal educational tools"

How valid is that criticisim? I saw some guy playing training mode on twitch.tv and it had a lot of nice indicators(like which moves were unblockable). Also frame data for people that like knowing that stuff.

It's mostly up to you to actually figure out good combos, but...all fighters are like that. Reviews for these games are always pretty hilarious. Trial mode-esque stuff aren't in this game but those combos always focused on being difficult over being viable. Blazblue is the best I have seen for this still.

Top Bottom