• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Jagxyz

Green Arrow is great, trick arrows are just so awesome to use.

Star labs is gonna be a bitch to 3 star fully. I've got all of superman done except for the goddamn catwoman 4 hit combo. Must have retried that like 20 times, just can't do it in 20s without getting hit.

ps. Anyone have any green arrow combos? I've just been poking and coming in for a simple 3 hit combo, can't really find a way to chain together a longer one.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Looks no better than my scrubby ass.

I don't know whether harley is ass or not, but her trait most certainly is.

practice, practice, practice ... the game came out yesterday, calling a character bad or he/she sucks is not very smart for now ... imo Harley is far away from being "ass". Reminds me of people saying Joker is bad but when i've seen alucard playing him he destroyed everyone.

Ferrio

Banned
practice, practice, practice ... imo she is far away from being "ass". Reminds me of people saying Joker is bad but when i've seen alucard playing him he destroyed everyone.

Practice doesn't fix a useless trait. Again, that may not effect Harley's overall standing, but I'd be amazed if someone makes good use of the trait.

Okay that's enough. I will now constantly rage quit every match against Deathstroke

Match begins
Unblockable sword attack
Shoot
Shoot
Shoot

I walk/dash forward (crouching incl.)

--> Grenade

Shoot
Shoot
Shoot

I walk/dash forward (and somehow I'm able to punch him)

--> unblockable sword attack

Repeat

Anyone else take on the Ares challenge? I was hoping to get more impressions while it was going.
He moves a bit slow for me, but I can see how he could potentially be awesome(particularly his trait).

People think Harley sucks? Everytime she touches you she can cancel into Tantrum Cartwheel with no consequence, including d+1. She has a low launcher that hits at sweep distance and instant overheads. Good damage. Standing resets. Strings with massive advantage on block. A good jump 2.

Sn4ke_911

She looks pretty terrible so far into this Sinestro match.

Well of course as soon as you clicked on the stream she sucked ... before that she won a few matches in a row so i thought she is "pretty good".

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Okay that's enough. I will now constantly rage quit every match against Deathstroke

Umm what? What unblockable sword attack? If you're talking about sword move where he spins in air and comes down that is not unblockable.

He is a decent zoner but he gets owned by Raven and if you play properly he gets owned on his wake up.

Here is a good right up on how to deal with his zoning. :)

http://testyourmight.com/threads/dealing-with-deathstrokes-zoning.30055/

I play Bane knock him down once and go to town. :D

So, as a hardcore SF player... how's the game and specially the netcode?

The netcode is legit good. However if you have bad internet connection it will lag for sure. I've got a pretty damn decent internet connection against one friend the game feels silky smooth and my inputs come out as I want against another friends who has a bad internet connection it feels like a 5 bar Marvel match.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
People think Harley sucks? Everytime she touches you she can cancel into Tantrum Cartwheel with no consequence, including d+1. She has a low launcher that hits at sweep distance and instant overheads. Good damage. Standing resets. Strings with massive advantage on block. A good jump 2.

I think it's mostly day one jitters, the game has a bit of a curving point til everything clicks and you feel like you are in full control of everything.

I love Harley.

@GeoNeo: Thanks, I'll try that. It's just...frustrating.

Netcode is really great.

Just started playing tonight, got a copy from work - loved MK9, few things that are hindering my enjoyment of the game:
1) The character design has to be some of the worst I have ever seen from a western studio
2) Block being assigned to back ruins its effectiveness
3) The wager system is poor, especially in campaign

GeoNeo

I disagree.
I love Harley.

@GeoNeo: Thanks, I'll try that. It's just...frustrating.

Netcode is really great.

Yeah man. If you are new to this type of zoning it will be very frustrating at times. After you figure the match up out you'll body fraud deathstrokes. :D

Best thing to do is try to get a decent Deathstroke on your friends list and practice against him so you can learn the match up.

ps. Anyone have any green arrow combos? I've just been poking and coming in for a simple 3 hit combo, can't really find a way to chain together a longer one.

1,1,3 ice arrow, b3, ji2, 33 slide. about 30%

Yeah man. If you are new to this type of zoning it will be very frustrating at times. After you figure the match up out you'll body fraud deathstrokes. :D

Best thing to do is try to get a decent Deathstroke on your friends list and practice against him so you can learn the match up.

One minute ago I beat Deathstroke in ranked match lol
Another spammer. I have no idea how I did this..but it feels great. Waiting for PSN message now ^^

Ferrio

Banned
Geez, hope people didn't think I was saying Harley sucks. Just her trait.. man.

Also, the frame data for this game confuses me.

For Harley her hit advantage for her L is 26. If that's right, it means I should be able to link L's together continuously since the startup is a measly 6. Or does the hit advantage not take into account the recovery frames?

Also the stuff with negative recovery frames confuses me.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

For Harley her hit advantage for her L is 26. If that's right, it means I should be able to link L's together continuously since the startup is a measly 6. Or does the hit advantage not take into account the recovery frames?

I think the hit advantage and recovery are separate.

And wtf @ that slide. Unsafe, too short on distance & low damage potential after the hit.

I know man wtf, and she should be able to ex her daggers! Make her throw 2 straight and 2 diagonal up!

LOL

I know man wtf, and she should be able to ex her daggers! Make her throw 2 straight and 2 diagonal up!

I also think her iceberg should be like the column of Dormammu.
Ahah

Btw, Doomsday looks very difficult to handle for KF, i'm not even sure CDJR won more than a match against his brother.

Sn4ke_911

which version is the best? they equal?

I personally wait on Lens of Truth and Eurogamer. I've heard the PS3 version has longer loading times and looks worse... i really can't see this in the streams, both versions look fine to me.

Or i will wait for the complete edition of this game, not sure yet. I'm in no hurry to buy this.

TDLink

I though Ed Boon was running a twitter vote for Martain MH and Lobo a while ago? I figued Lobo would win.

It was MMH vs Zoom which was an obvious troll since Zoom would just be an alt for Flash (which Boon has also said in the past may happen). That is one of the MMH hints. Beyond that Boon has hinted at him more in other tweets, acknowledged people wanted him right before he revealed Lobo on the Battle Arena finale, and the only silhouette in the season pass reveal image that looks like a character instead of a generic dude is one that looks like MMH.

C-Sword

Star labs is gonna be a bitch to 3 star fully. I've got all of superman done except for the goddamn catwoman 4 hit combo. Must have retried that like 20 times, just can't do it in 20s without getting hit.

Some combos I found yesterday, didn't have time to play today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ex-CRvPBVls

KevinCow

Banned
Is there for Wii U, atleast not a lack of opponents online? I can live with the lack of Private Matches, but I don't want to sit there 5 minutes to get into a game.

I haven't been having much trouble finding games. I'm sure it's more active on the other systems, but it's not too bad.

Khezu

You can never really link normals together, no matter what kind of frame data they have.

The only normals you can ever link are jump attacks, into a string.

Obviously this only applies when they are on the ground, if they're in a juggle state you can just do what ever.

The only other exception to this is Killer Frost, her trait gives her normals slight freezing properties, so she can link normals if she wants.

Is there a way you can log off your account gor the WBID. If so, would you lose the costumes or no?

I'm asking because I want to give a friend my WBID so that he can have the costumes as well on his console.

Top Bottom