• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Sephzilla

After watching the episode of Batman Beyond that had Mr Freeze in it, part of me is sad that Freeze isn't in the game. Killer Frost is cool and all, but I'd rather have silly Mr Freeze puns.

Gartooth

Edit: OK good to know if the rumor is BS. Ignore my long rant blah blah blah.

Anyway got to play the game for the first time on Saturday. Played through all of story mode and it was fun, though I wish it went on a little longer. In terms of characters, having a ton of fun with Flash though I noticed that his range is very short. Also was having a blast with Nightwing, Green Lantern, and Aquaman. Green Lantern especially surprised me given how easy and fun he was to use, I can see why he is very popular right now.

Sephzilla

Zod makes sense because he's a decent villain and because of Man of Steel. Lobo is a semi-obscure character, so I'm cool with him. Scorpion I can be okay with because it's a silly MK joke (though really, if they put any MK character in it should be Johnny Cage).

Batgirl is the one that really feels out of place for me, there's already a ton of Batman related stuff in the game. I imagine they're saving a bunch of stuff for Injustice 2.

Random list of other characters I'd like to see:
Braniac
Black Manta
Booster Gold
Zatanna
Black Canary
Martian Manhunnter
Atrocious
Deadman
Nekron
Swamp Thing
Rorschach

Edit: OK good to know if the rumor is BS. Ignore my long rant blah blah blah.

Anyway got to play the game for the first time on Saturday. Played through all of story mode and it was fun, though I wish it went on a little longer. In terms of characters, having a ton of fun with Flash though I noticed that his range is very short. Also was having a blast with Nightwing, Green Lantern, and Aquaman. Green Lantern especially surprised me given how easy and fun he was to use, I can see why he is very popular right now.

Are you on XBL or PSN? I've seen very few Green Lanterns so far.

TDLink

The DLC list is BS. None of those names appear anywhere on the disc.

Thank you. As I said last night, this list is bs. No martian manhunter should have been a huge tip off to everyone even if you actually believed scorpion.

Gartooth

Are you on XBL or PSN? I've seen very few Green Lanterns so far.

Actually haven't been online much, mostly just playing single player and training on PS3. I heard online that Green Lantern was popular due to how easy he is to use, but I haven't actually encountered him in many matches. Guess I heard wrong though.

Sephzilla

Actually haven't been online much, mostly just playing single player and training on PS3. I heard online that Green Lantern was popular due to how easy he is to use, but I haven't actually encountered him in many matches. Guess I heard wrong though.

He's pretty easy to pick up and go with, so I'm a bit surprised I don't see him more often online. I see Batman, Deathstroke, and Aquaman a lot more than GL for some reason.

Random list of other characters I'd like to see:

Black Manta

Oh heck yes.

bAJnKTo.jpg

Korezo

Well, the Wii U and 360 version of the game looks better than the PS3 version, though I don't think significantly.

All I have is a Wii U right now, so if they are equal graphically I guess there's no point in buying wii u version since its the worst because of the way dLc and online is handled. I guess I'll get nothing and wait for the pc version when everyone will be super pro and game will become irrelevant... or get nothing because no pc version will release... Hate long gen cycles.

All I have is a Wii U right now, so if they are equal graphically I guess there's no point in buying wii u version since its the worst because of the way dLc and online is handled. I guess I'll get nothing and wait for the pc version when everyone will be super pro and game will become irrelevant... or get nothing because no pc version will release... Hate long gen cycles.

NetherRealm has confirmed the Wii U will be getting patched with fixed online functionality.

persongr

Just finished the storyline. So good. And the credits... well, Angel was unexpected, Netherrealms just got extra some extra points :D

Although, the absence of Martian Munhanter is a bit underwhelming...

KevinCow

Banned
I was going to say the Joker they got for this game was way better than the one they got for MK vs, DC, but I just looked it up and... it's the same guy. Huh.

Well he does a much better job this time around. He's no Mark Hamill, but he's alright.

Sephzilla

I was going to say the Joker they got for this game was way better than the one they got for MK vs, DC, but I just looked it up and... it's the same guy. Huh.

Well he does a much better job this time around. He's no Mark Hamill, but he's alright.

Yeah, the guy who voiced Joker in this game was actually pretty good. Definitely not Hamill but I wouldn't object if DC used him more often.

Horseress

I love The Joker in this game. One of the best character models in the game IMO.

TDLink

Ah. Yes that is in line with what I have heard also.

and that also leads us to the other 3 characters of poison ivy power girl and i think dr. fate was it?

Yes. That is the one I posted, and I stand by it, although my source has only for sure heard of a few of these, not all. (Particularly Doc Fate and Poison Ivy, which were added by a guy on gamefaqs who apparently has a source of his own)

The End

While waiting for apple to replace the hard drive in one of my servers I snuck over to Best Buy, wound up playing Injustice against a homeless guy for about 45 minutes or so. I'm inclined to grab it for PS3 because that's what I have my stick for, but could be swayed otherwise. It does seem like more people here on GAF are on PS3.

J-Tier

Kizer's DLC "leak" is the most believable to me -- he seems like a good guy and I don't know why he'd lie about having a source, but I'd like for him to expand on what he's heard.

Yup, was about to say, the one I believed the most is Kizer.

Sephzilla

I personally hope the DLC doesn't add anything further from Batman. Nothing against Batman at all, but the roster already has 6 characters who come from the Batman world.

I personally hope the DLC doesn't add anything further from Batman. Nothing against Batman at all, but the roster already has 6 characters who come from the Batman world.

I have to agree, honestly. Would love some more green lantern universe character, like some red or orange lantern stuff, or even a star sapphire. Black Hand could be fun, but I have no idea what he is up to these days.

Supergirl/Powergirl would be neat, but how to make them play different from superman?

Zantana or Black Cannery would be welcome, and seem like easy females to add with unique abilities.

If they needed a minority character, Dr light or firestorm could both work.

Sephzilla

I have to agree, honestly. Would love some more green lantern universe character, like some red or orange lantern stuff, or even a star sapphire. Black Hand could be fun, but I have no idea what he is up to these days.

Supergirl/Powergirl would be neat, but how to make them play different from superman?

Zantana or Black Cannery would be welcome, and seem like easy females to add with unique abilities.

With all do respect to Atrocitus fans... Larfleeze is the superior choice for DLC

200px-Larfleeze01.jpg

Atrocitus makes sense to me because one of the levels in the game features a Green Lantern and Red Lantern fighting in the background. Seems like it could easily have been just a Green Lantern and a Yellow Lantern fighting, so I think them choosing a Red Lantern there has significance.

Also Martian Manhunter being in the background of the Watchtower - not sure if that's an issue or not. I mean they've already done his character model, but what do they swap him out with if you're playing on that level as him?

NEO0MJ

Black hand is still kicking, though he's licking his wounds right now.

Yeah. They can make them unique in their normals, but how would they use their powers in a unique way?

You mean the guy who rapes? Hell no.

With all do respect to Atrocitus fans... Larfleeze is the superior choice for DLC

200px-Larfleeze01.jpg

Yes! But I think he'll be too much trouble for them. I doubt NRS will go through all the trouble of designing new models for the living constructs he uses, unless they'll be stills like the Green Lantern Corps.

Also Martian Manhunter being in the background of the Watchtower - not sure if that's an issue or not. I mean they've already done his character model, but what do they swap him out with if you're playing on that level as him?

Doomsday is still on the Fortress of Solitude stage if you fight as him. You can even have Doomsday bounce off Doomsday.

OSHAN

Atrocitus makes sense to me because one of the levels in the game features a Green Lantern and Red Lantern fighting in the background. Seems like it could easily have been just a Green Lantern and a Yellow Lantern fighting, so I think them choosing a Red Lantern there has significance.

He's simply not in the background.

NEO0MJ

Doesn't he just wander around? They can just remove him from the level if someone plays as him. There's a stage in Tekken tag 2 that has Ganryu in the background, but if someone plays as him he's removed from the stage.

OSHAN

Doomsday is still on the Fortress of Solitude stage if you fight as him. You can even have Doomsday bounce off Doomsday.

If you choose Doomsday versus Doomsday, with both costumes being used, he's in his Death of Superman garb. I don't think you can select it, though; at least, right now. Perhaps you can soon for a low, low price.

J-Tier

Yep, Larfleeze would be awesome.

His greed would lead to awesome (and possibly hilarious) dialogue, and he'd be able to summon "living" constructs, making his moveset aesthetically pleasing and technically unique.

I imagine his gameplay would be screen control like Dorm/CapCommando, with possibly some "puppetry" (though I know there are limitations to NRS's fighting system, so it's unlikely they'd go this far).

Sephzilla

Yep, Larfleeze would be awesome.

His greed would lead to awesome (and possibly hilarious) dialogue, and he'd be able to summon "living" constructs, making his moveset aesthetically pleasing and technically unique.

I imagine his gameplay would be screen control like Dorm/CapCommando, with possibly some "puppetry" (though I know there are limitations to NRS's fighting system, so it's unlikely they'd go this far).

Yep. He has all of the makings to be a pretty unique character. Plus he could be a nice comic-relief too, the roster could use another character who's slightly less super serious.

Kizer

Kizer's DLC "leak" is the most believable to me -- he seems like a good guy and I don't know why he'd lie about having a source, but I'd like for him to expand on what he's heard.

I am sorry, but I've given all that I have. I am not even telling you to believe it since I am not 100 percent I do either. I simply want to believe my associate since he does have a position in the business. If I hear anything more from them I will share it with you guys (with their permission, of course) but sadly that is the best I can do. Thank you for your trust, by the way.

I didn't see his list/I missed it.

Apparently the characters will be

Lobo
Martian Manhunter
Atrocitus
Power Girl

In that order for release

200px-Larfleeze01.jpg

I don't see why we can't have both, honestly.

The Green Lantern you are referring to is Kilowog. I have been having a hard time telling who the red lantern is. Probably the same Atrocitus model they have in Star Labs.

Santar

Does this game have a endless survival mode?
I know there is a survivor mode of some kind but I don't know if it's endless or not.

Sephzilla

Doomsday's one of the interact-able level bits though, so removing him is a tad more tricky. Manhunnter can just be removed since he does nothing.

Kizer

Does this game have a endless survival mode?
I know there is a survivor mode of some kind but I don't know if it's endless or not.

Kinda. It has it via multiplayer. It is sort of like king of the hill only you can not change your character and you heal a bit as king depending on how you preformed in the last match and the number of wins you have under your belt. Other players will take turns trying to throw you off your throne while you fight to stay alive. So long as you have people joining the room, it is endless.

Top Bottom