• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

Santar

Kinda. It has it via multiplayer. It is sort of like king of the hill only you can not change your character and you heal a bit as king depending on how you preformed in the last match and the number of wins you have under your belt. Other players will take turns trying to throw you off your throne while you fight to stay alive. So long as you have people joining the room, it is endless.

So that's a no then as I was talking about single player. Shame as I love survival modes.

tim1138

In a perfect world NRS would do themed DLC character packs. You could do a Lantern Corps pack with Atrocitus, Larfleeze, St Walker, and Carol (Star Sapphire). A Birds of Prey pack with Black Canary, Starling, Hawk, and Dove. A JSA pack, a JLA pack, a Gotham pack, and so on and just make a mint on DLC.

Sephzilla

In a perfect world NRS would do themed DLC character packs. You could do a Lantern Corps pack with Atrocitus, Larfleeze, St Walker, and Carol (Star Sapphire). A Birds of Prey pack with Black Canary, Starling, Hawk, and Dove. A JSA pack, a JLA pack, a Gotham pack, and so on and just make a mint on DLC.

Dat character select screen would get packed.

Kizer

I couldn't even begin to understand how saint walker would fight. But I would want that.

Ryce

I'm really curious to see where DLC characters will fit on the select screen. I hope they add another row instead of relegating them to some off-screen button press.

wow this game turned out a lot better then I thought it would and I loved Mk9. I should have had more faith in NRS.

I played it for about 4 hours at my brother in laws house over the weekend on X360 Is the PS3 version just as good?

if so I will pick it up for that.

wow this game turned out a lot better then I thought it would and I loved Mk9. I should have had more faith in NRS.

I played it for about 4 hours at my brother in laws house over the weekend on X360 Is the PS3 version just as good?

if so I will pick it up for that.

It's fine. Pick it up and join the fun : )

J-Tier

I couldn't even begin to understand how saint walker would fight. But I would want that.

High mobility, several counters, and projectile dodging abilities. His normals will be focused on calm tai-chi-esque moves. His trait is a bit tougher to nail down though. Flight by charging ring? Healing meditation mode?

TDLink

I'm really curious to see where DLC characters will fit on the select screen. I hope they add another row instead of relegating them to some off-screen button press.

This is probably what is going to happen. Someone did a mock up with an extra row before release and it fit perfectly. Notice how the p1 and p2 indicators don't sit at the bottom of the chatacter tiles currently.

Sephzilla

upthread people are complaining about ps3 netcode, but at the same time, it seems like most of the people here are also on ps3

would also be curious about this

I haven't had much issue with the PS3 netcode. For every one slightly laggy game I get, I get 10 other games that are perfectly fine. And by "laggy game" I mean there's a slightly longer delay in my inputs that might cause me to drop a combo or two.

Injustice's netcode is miles ahead of where MK9 was.

Ryce

This is probably what is going to happen. Someone did a mock up with an extra row before release and it fit perfectly. Notice how the p1 and p2 indicators don't sit at the bottom of the chatacter tiles currently.
Ha, yeah, it was me who did that mock-up. Hopefully that's the route they take.

tim1138

High mobility, several counters, and projectile dodging abilities. His normals will be focused on calm tai-chi-esque moves. His trait is a bit tougher to nail down though. Flight by charging ring? Healing meditation mode?

I'd go with healing meditation. In my mind his fight style would be similar to Lui Kang, quick, athletic warrior monk.

I'd also like to see a go at Iroque or Munk (Indigo Tribe), teleportation based specials abd the trait could be a random Lantern power up (since they can channel the whole spectrum).

Ferrio

Banned
Played some games with Q and Seph last night. So far my thoughts on Hawkgirl

Good
-Dive kick. It's an amazing tool.
-Ability to close gaps on zoners with specials.
-Flight mode. Though it doesn't seem to have much combo potential, it gives you another guessing game especially when closing gaps.
-Dive kick.
-Really good anti air (d2)
-D1 is amazing, too bad I can't confirm the damn thing.

BAD
-Her combos start from a high hit.
-No threatening lows except her trip.
-Her main combo requires a 2~ or something frame link, which is pretty hard to do online
-No good normal crossup. J.1 is about the best you get, and it has a very finnicky hitbox.

If anything holds her down it'll be that blocking high negates most of all her damage. Seems like she's built more around punishing and heavy hits than being combo heavy. Though she does have great combos.. they're just really hard to get started.

The End

I haven't had much issue with the PS3 netcode. For every one slightly laggy game I get, I get 10 other games that are perfectly fine. And by "laggy game" I mean there's a slightly longer delay in my inputs that might cause me to drop a combo or two.

Injustice's netcode is miles ahead of where MK9 was.

Ordered!

Xevren

Played some games with Q and Seph last night. So far my thoughts on Hawkgirl

Good
-Dive kick. It's an amazing tool.
-Ability to close gaps on zoners with specials.
-Flight mode. Though it doesn't seem to have much combo potential, it gives you another guessing game especially when closing gaps.
-Dive kick.
-Really good anti air (d2)
-D1 is amazing, too bad I can't confirm the damn thing.

BAD
-Her combos start from a high hit.
-No threatening lows except her trip.
-Her main combo requires a 2~ or something frame link, which is pretty hard to do online
-No good normal crossup. J.1 is about the best you get, and it has a very finnicky hitbox.

If anything holds her down it'll be that blocking high negates most of all her damage. Seems like she's built more around punishing and heavy hits than being combo heavy. Though she does have great combos.. they're just really hard to get started.

She's an odd character, but is really scary if you can push into the corner since she has easy damaging combo's there. You say no threatening low, have you tried mixing up her b22 chain and b23? Can at least follow up B23 with bf 2 for more corner push. The b22 is great with the 2nd hit being a low, I tend to just cancel it with either flight cancel stuff for overhead stuff, or wing evade move shenanigans.

Ferrio

Banned
She's an odd character, but is really scary if you can push into the corner since she has easy damaging combo's there. You say no threatening low, have you tried mixing up her b122 chain and b23? Even if b23 hits midscreen you can follow it up with 32 bf2. The b22 is great with the 2nd hit being a low, I tend to just cancel it with either flight cancel stuff for overhead stuff, or wing evade move shenanigans.

Haven't tried using b122 and b23 much, are they lows? I thought her only low chain was b22, which I wasn't a fan of. None of the flight moves are overheads btw.

What's really pissing me off right now is that it's almost a week since the release and I still don't have the Arrow skin from the TV show that I unlocked when I voted in the Battle Arena. How is there anyone else that still haven't got the email with the code yet.

ultim8p00

Banned
So too soon for tier lists?

I'm really feeling Ares right now, but I don't want a repeat of Marvel where all the characters I liked ended up being mid-low tier and I had to learn how to play doom. Batman is looking pretty high right now. Any others?

J-Tier

What's really pissing me off right now is that it's almost a week since the release and I still don't have the Arrow skin from the TV show that I unlocked when I voted in the Battle Arena. How is there anyone else that still haven't got the email with the code yet.

I haven't gotten it either. It's annoying.

I'm really feeling Ares right now, but I don't want a repeat of Marvel where all the characters I liked ended up being mid-low tier and I had to learn how to play doom. Batman is looking pretty high right now. Any others?

No idea where Ares stands in terms of how good he is. Only played a bit of him, but invisible + teleport is pretty darn fun =D

Dahbomb

Well unless you play at the highest competitive level you are not "required" to play anything and even then you have choices.

It's easier to figure out who is bad than who is top tier at the moment. A lot of characters are pretty solid and good in this especially in this early stage of the game. Ares is definitely legit. Both the tournaments for Injustice displayed a variety of characters in the top 8 so there is hardly a definitive tier list yet.

Ryce

I haven't gotten it either. It's annoying.
The email linked to the Facebook account I used to get the Arrow skin is different from the email I normally use, and it took me a while to realize that. Do any of you guys have multiple email addresses?

J-Tier

The email linked to the Facebook account I used to get the Arrow skin is different from the email I normally use, and it took me a while to realize that. Do any of you guys have multiple email addresses?

I do, but my FB email is my main email, and I've yet to receive it. It's not even in junk mail.

The one for my facebook is the main one I use so it should go there.

Xevren

Haven't tried using b122 and b23 much, are they lows? I thought her only low chain was b22, which I wasn't a fan of. None of the flight moves are overheads btw.

Meant B22, but yeah. Didn't realize that about the flight moves, can at least cancel into wing evade 2 for another overhead though at least.

Ferrio

Banned
Meant B22, but yeah. Didn't realize that about the flight moves, can at least cancel into wing evade 2 for another overhead though at least.

If I remember correctly wing evade 2 whiffs on a blocked B22. I know it whiffs on a B22 on hit. I'd have to test.

Zephyrus

Banned
The one for my facebook is the main one I use so it should go there.

atleast I'm not the only one waiting for the arrow skin...

also I'm in the same boat as you.

Actually I might even be worse since my injustice copy does not have the option to link my WBID in the settings menu.

I'm sitting on 5 skins and can't use a single one in the game.

NEO0MJ

I'm also waiting on my Arrow skin.

Aquaman has a lot of hype. How often do character that were championed at the start fall down the list if there weren't any updates to the game?

Ferrio

Banned
I'm also waiting on my Arrow skin.

Aquaman has a lot of hype. How often do character that were championed at the start fall down the list if there weren't any updates to the game?

I'd be surprised if he falls much. He's well rounded. So far Joker might be the only one I'd think that'll be placed low.

It upsets me cause this skin was literally the deciding factor that made me get the game. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I got the game as it's a great game but I want my Arrow skin. That's my favorite show on tv now.

GrayFoxPL

Yeah, got the game.

Woah Aquaman in story mode is so badass. Dat multi fight.

Played some online, it's ok nothing special, nothing bad. Bit better then mk9 but it's basically the same netcode.

I don't get the crying about deathstroke, there's always way around his spaming. I maybe lost one match against him so far online.

Zephyrus

Banned
I'd be surprised if he falls much. He's well rounded. So far Joker might be the only one I'd think that'll be placed low.

Joker? He's A tier for sure.

He's being extremely slept on.

Everyone is B or higher except for Shazam, who has a hard time getting in, and Sinestro, who is just bad. No damage and way too unsafe.

Zephyrus

Banned
It upsets me cause this skin was literally the deciding factor that made me get the game. Don't get me wrong I'm glad I got the game as it's a great game but I want my Arrow skin. That's my favorite show on tv now.

give it until the end of the week. If you get nothing by then start harassing Ed Boon, Hector Sanchez and Paulo Garcia up on twitter.

NEO0MJ

Oh, when did the first MK patch hit? I'm wondering how long before we might see character changes. I remember frequent patches for MK.

Sephzilla

Oh, when did the first MK patch hit? I'm wondering how long before we might see character changes. I remember frequent patches for MK.

Didnt NRS mention something about being able to hot-patch Injustice a lot easier than MK9? We might see more of those instead of dedicated patches.

DorianD

I just downloaded a patch for Injustice for PS3 (PSN version) 1.01 Anyone know what it does?

By the way, this game is pretty darn good, and from my experience I have not encountered any lag problems. King of the hill is a lot of fun!

Kizer

I just downloaded a patch for Injustice for PS3 (PSN version) 1.01 Anyone know what it does?

By the way, this game is pretty darn good, and from my experience I have not encountered any lag problems. King of the hill is a lot of fun!

That might have been the day 1 patch. They did a day 1 patch so those who purchase the game early do not have an advantage over those who wait.

Jayhawk

I think I will pick up both the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game tonight after work, with one version purchased being the collector's edition for the extras. I haven't picked on a main yet, but I'm leaning towards Supes or Killer Frost.

Top Bottom