• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice: Gods Among Us |OT| With Super Friends Like These, Who Needs Enemies?

DR2K

Banned
I would hope that they won't nerf something just because week 1 players who have never played a fighting game before are having trouble with certain tactics.

Game can be adjusted without a patch, won't see me complaining if nerfs to some long range tactics happen.

the problem with going against some of the zoning heavy characters like deathstroke is the input lag this game seems to have online. Half of the time im getting hit is because im trying to avoid a projectile and the character simply isnt reacting fast enough : /

FSLink

Banned
Reposting for new page:
Also if anybody else wants the Knightfall Bane costume + the rest of the iOS costumes send me a PM. I'll do as many as I can before midnight Central Time as long as you send me a PM with your WBID Username and Password (change it beforehand).

I just got off of work so I'm starting to go through my inbox now.

Like crouch-blocking and moving up during his recovery? Nah, too hard.

For some people and depending on the character? Yeah, it can be hard. Have a character with a slower dash or a sucky jump-arc? Don't dash forward immediately when you're out of block stun? GG, then. A lot of people don't have that reaction a week into the game.

Kurod

Banned
Oh God. I've been playing the ios game for all the unlockables and I ran head first into the brick wall that is the battle 25 Wonder Woman mini-boss. She took 2 ultimates from my jump suit Superman and still beat down my entire team with ease. Criminy.

Korezo

just saying... Just bought this game for wii u and the graphics are below than what I expected. I guess these day owning more powerful hardware doesn't mean better image quality.

Ferrio

Banned
Here is a combo I have been enjoying:

1,2,3 - 4 - 1,2 - bf2 (MB)

Does over 30%.

Her best combo is

123, B3, j.2, 3, 2, bf2. Does more damage, but a lot harder to pull off.

Problem with both of them is they start out with the 123 string, which really sucks. 1 is a high, so if they duck you'll eat shit. It's got shitty range. Her crossups blow, so getting a cross up into 123, isn't going to reasonably happen.

Only way to reasonably land it is if they whiff something big.

KevinCow

Banned
For Hawkgirl, d2 is a great anti-air.

And she can do a surprising amount of damage in a short, simple combo, especially if you end with a mace charge.

Ferrio

Banned
For Hawkgirl, d2 is a great anti-air.

And she can do a surprising amount of damage in a short, simple combo, especially if you end with a mace charge.

Ya d2 is one of the best anti airs I've seen. Thing has amazing range, and almost arcs completely around you.

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Also, does anyone else think she can be pretty dirty in the corner? I'm honestly loving her corner combos.

Ya, pushing people to the corner is pretty much what she wants to do.

shaowebb

People crying about Deathstrokes zoning are hilarious though, Cyborg is better in almost every way.

Agreed.
Here are the games TESTERS Reo and Tom Brady who took 1st and 2nd at Civil War V putting this concept on blast. How? They took the biggest hitbox character they could that folks said was the worst person against Stroke and proved he could handle that shit easily. They used Lex Luthor, with his slow ground speed, bad jump, huge hitbox and handled that shit and all without eating the Pig of the Hut "guaranteed 40% chip" claim.

Learn how to move in this game people. Deathstroke ain't even close to broke.

People just don't want to learn how to move in this game. You dont block cancel dashes in this, you cant rocket in via wave dash, you can't cancel projectiles with projectiles...its got its OWN movement style. If you refuse to learn how to even get around properly in this game then yeah you're gonna get bodied, but that's not Deathstrokes fault its your own.

Walk before you run folks. Movement and how to get in to punish is different in Injustice than MK9, Marvel or Street Fighter.

EDIT: Pt 1 of that Overreacting to Deathstroke vid is also worth the watch.

A stage after the tutorial.
Or you could save the time and not play the mediocre iOS game (it's okay but gets really repetitive fast) and just send me a PM for the costumes. :p

Reposting for new page:

Just PM'd you!

Are people finding Joker's trait useful? The benefits you get from having the full HA HA HA don't really seem to be worth the trouble.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Just PM'd you!

Are people finding Joker's trait useful? The benefits you get from having the full HA HA HA don't really seem to be worth the trouble.

Think of it as another tool to use in sticky situations and not something you aim to pull off all the time.

It parries mids too and a lot of crouching hits are mid

DR2K

Banned
Something odd about Hawkgirl flight C, its like the input gets stuck and you have to wait a second to do the dive kick or it'll only register it as C. Feels very glitched.
People crying about Deathstrokes zoning are hilarious though, Cyborg is better in almost every way.

Yeah his instant air shots scream Kabal bullshit.

Wow. A dude just ragequitted because I was perfecting him with Doomsday. I was in the middle of the super (when he must have had like 15% life left) and bam, disconnected. This was in a Survivor match, too.

Worst thing is that I saw it coming a mile away. And then the fucker joined the room again. Wow.

Grecco

I still have trouble linking batmans 2 2 3 back 3 sometimes in his combos im mashing back 3 and it misses anybody have any advise?

maybe he is talking about unplayable competitively speaking? If so then its true since there like only 3 fighting games that you can play competitively online consistently.

edit

Take that back I counted 4

ttt2, sc4, p4a, bb.

I heard Vf and SG is good as well but no experience.

Kyzon

Bah, I want a playable Scarecrow. I looooove his appearance!
He has a model just standing in the background taunting me.

Top Bottom