• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INSIDE |OT| Limbo's Big Brother is Watching You

DirtyLarry

Also just finished and absolutely concur. That is an ending.

I truly cannot remember the last time I beat a game in one sitting. Being 41 years old that does not come all that often these days, so that was awesome.
But overall really thoroughly enjoyed it.

I only got stuck once, and figured it out 30 seconds after posting, think I just needed to step away.

From a purely gameplay perspective, I will say I liked Limbo a bit better, as although I never really got stumped with Limbo, I did have to think a hell of a lot more playing it. This game was definitely easier. I have a feeling they probably got feedback from Limbo that a decent amount of players found it too hard or some shit, as it definitely seemed easier overall. Thinking about it though, I am okay with that. As I said first time I have beat a game in one setting in I cannot remember how long, so even though it was easier, I still appreciated it.

I absolutely loved, loved, LOVED the atmosphere and tone. And as I said earlier in the thread, the visuals are among my favorite in video game history. The look and feel combined with the sound was perfect.

9/10. Easily.
Perhaps even a 10/10.

Just beat the game. Amazing. Also, apologize if this joke has been made, but this game will now be known to me as "Inside a.k.a.
A Boy and His Blob
".

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Stuck at around 50% of the game.

At one of the
submarine parts where I get out and press a switch which causes the water to rise or go down when I press the switch. Its right after the part I smashed the walls with my submarine then got out and swam through the cracks

papercamm

Just finished. Don't know what to think about it, but I think it was overhyped slightly. I can't find any significant flaws with its design but I wasn't as blown away as many critics were.

TheYanger

This fucking game, just got like 2/3 in. Significantly better than Limbo even though you can see it's the same type of game. Fitting sequel so far.

Limbo was always 'that's cool' and I enjoyed it, but the puzzles were SOOOO simplistic in that game. this feels immensely more satisfying.

Finished and....yeah.

Absolutely loved the game. Dat ending tho

I think there was only one part that stumped me for a bit but overall the game wasn't too mentally taxing. The oppressive atmosphere was incredible and the little touches in the animations and sound design were really well done.

Daft question, I know, but how do you save? I see no option in the menu - does it autosave like Limbo? Can't do it all in one sitting like I'd hoped.

JonnyKong

Just got past the "19" section. Think I'll leave it for the night and carry on tomorrow, as much as it pains me not being able to carry on playing right now.

Yeah, I'm stumped.

I'm at a bit where I'm jumping off platforms, then having to swim to the next one all the while that horrific mermaid looking thing is swimming after me. There's two red buttons to press - one above and one below the water, I can't make out what I'm supposed to do? The one above is connected to a chain that moves side to side and the one under the water, that thing gets to me before I press the button to shut the door behind me?

Yeah, I'm stumped.

I'm at a bit where I'm jumping off platforms, then having to swim to the next one all the while that horrific mermaid looking thing is swimming after me. There's two red buttons to press - one above and one below the water, I can't make out what I'm supposed to do? The one above is connected to a chain that moves side to side and the one under the water, that thing gets to me before I press the button to shut the door behind me?

Hang on to the chain and let your feet dangle in the water as it moves. It'll draw the mermaid away and give you time to swim down on the other side of the platform and press the button and open the door to get away.

Grisby

Maybe an hour or so in spoilers. Did not expect the
mind control
stuff.

Game is pretty neat. Atmosphere feels like some City 17 stuff.

derExperte

Also getting some heavy KRØ vibes

Available: July 7
This game will unlock in approximately 7 days

XdIS6zn.gif

Spoo

Just finished this.

Breathtaking experience of a game.

Just wish I knew
what any of it means. Then again, maybe that's the point. Also, alternative title: Akira, the videogame.

Hang on to the chain and let your feet dangle in the water as it moves. It'll draw the mermaid away and give you time to swim down on the other side of the platform and press the button and open the door to get away.

Doh! Sometimes its so simple its staring you right in the face.

Wadiwasi

Banned
Wow......

This game is so good. The art style and the little things like the smoke from a cigarette/cigar, the water particles when something falls in, the breaking of a light if it swings and it hits something. The game is super charming even though
it is super creepy about everything trying to kill you

I was enjoying it but when
- you turn into the freaking blob and body parts fall off of you when you fall -
the game turned all the way up to 11 for me.

I loved it, but I did not understand it. I thought I had a handle on some of the symbolism early on, but all that went out the window in the later stages.

On the ending...
I think it may take some time to digest, but I didn't like it. It was shocking for sure, but without context or payoff it just felt very random.

Dabanton

For people who want to remain unspoiled at least for this week, Be careful on Youtube. I've already seen videos talking about the ending.

Zach

Great game. Decided to take the day off to play it and it was worth it. I'd like to sleep on it before slapping a 10/10 on it, but it was definitely a grade A game. Disturbing and beautiful, sometimes all at once.

TheYanger

ok just beat it, one sitting got all the secrets (at least the obvious ones with achievements)...I...what. This has to be the most bizarre mainstream game I've ever seen.

Fess

O M G
Just finished it, one sitting, don't know what to say other than that this game beats everything, polished more than a ND game and brings surprise after surprise and an extremely unsettling atmosphere that gets under your skin like nothing else. No clue what the deeper meaning of it is but this will still be my GOTY. 10/10

Just completed it. Gotta go back to get some of the achievements I missed but...

holy shit.

10/10. I really don't know what else to say right now.

Really wish this was marketed, even though the lack of marketing really helped the games reception, so that more people were aware of it.

Montresor

Yep, I'd absolutely give this game a 5/5, even only halfway through. Aargh this work day is dragging on haha. Cannot wait to finish the game tonight.

At the risk of exposing my (bad) taste in games, here are other XB1 games I've given 5/5.

Sunset Overdrive
So Many Me
D4
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Rayman Legends
Unravel
Guacamelee
White Night
Gears Ultimate
Limbo
Tomb Raider DE
Evil Within
In Between
Quantum Break
Walking Dead Season 1
Wolf Among Us
Life Is Strange
Thomas Was Alone
Brothers

~Kinggi~

Banned
Just waiting on that Steam release.....really dumb to have the game come out a week later i have to say, especially since everyone says to go in fresh. I mean i can see if its like months later cause they gotta port it, but this shit is clearly ready.

Top Bottom