• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INSIDE |OT| Limbo's Big Brother is Watching You

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
What do you do for
the 19 people thing, I'm on the bottom level trying to get the people out the hanging thing with the switch that shoots up, i can't reach them

Anyone help please lol

I'm missing
one more zombie, but can't find them. Any idea? I've got 18 of them already

MattyG

Banned
I'm kind of blown away by this. I loved Limbo, but tempered my expectations yesterday because I didn't want to get fucked over by review hype.

I'm about 30-40 minutes in (
just marched in line
) and it's incredible. The animation is some of the best I've ever seen, it feels so good to control, the puzzles are amazing and intuitive and unique, and the world is so beautifully weird. I love it. If it keeps going like this through the whole game, I may have a new top 5 favorite game right here.

I'm missing
one more zombie, but can't find them. Any idea? I've got 18 of them already

Go to the top level, go all the way to the right, let the zombies throw you over the broken bridge, there is another body in there, drag it over.

Tall Paul

Well, that was pretty stunning.

It's hard to say anything without spoilers.

Not much of a challenge, maybe one or two head scratchers quickly resolved. And a 4 hour experience. But do consider this a great addition to the best of cinematic puzzlers/platformers.

I missed quite a few collectibles. Hm... Looking forward to a second play through.
Yep exactly how I felt.

danowat

Banned
Little touches impress me.

the swimming is excellently done, also the way you can grab anywhere on the floating pallet, rather than the usual canned action of front or back.

Galmteam

Neo Member
During the ending segment of this game my jaw was on the floor the entire time.

Fucking props to PlayDead. Fucking fantastic game.

can somebody help me? (location spoilers)

http://i.imgur.com/AmO8J1c.jpg

is this possible in the level's current state? there's another door over and under to the right, but I want to get as many secrets as I can.

if it is possible, any hints? I've tried launching the
sub with the proxy inside..
that's basically all I got at this point.

AJ_Wings

I think I've played for 2-3 hours and I can safely say this is everything I've wanted from a Limbo successor.

Playdead hands down makes my favorite sort of cinematic platformers.

Also, to anyone interested in this game, I highly recommend going into the game completely blind.

NateDrake

can somebody help me? (location spoilers)

http://i.imgur.com/AmO8J1c.jpg

is this possible in the level's current state? there's another door over and under to the right, but I want to get as many secrets as I can.

if it is possible, any hints? I've tried launching the
sub with the proxy inside..
that's basically all I got at this point.

Simple:
Have the zombie walk towards the ladder and land on top of the sub. You get inside, launch the sub up, and they'll get caught in the other head mount. From the point you are you'll need the zombie to bring the sub close to the ladder again, and then walk it into the wall before you detach.

wow Defo need a second play thorough totally missed that!
the path was under a box that you had to
jolt out of the way with the sub.. but now I'm stuck with two proxies and only access to one of them..
maybe I can move the ladder?

EDIT NATE YOU MAGNIFICENT BASTARD 😂

if it helps none of my spoilers are actual spoilers, I'm mostly doing it out of perceived hypersensitivity. just situational stuff so far.

I feel bad just leaving them down there.

Montresor

I played halfway through the game but now I'm headed to work. Aaaaaaaahhhh! I hope today goes by fast so I can go home and finish the game.

Of course.

According to German Xbox support preorders don't work at the moment. I preordered via PayPal and because of that I won't receive a refund.

Processing payments works as intended, the delivery of licences however doesn't. According to Xbox support there are a lot of cases so it could take more than seven days to resolve the issue.

:(

Update: Game unlocked a few minutes ago. Great.

God damn, only like 5-10 minutes in and this is already fantastic. The atmosphere and mood. The fluid contextual animations. The lighting. The tension and suspense.

it gets better too. I'm about halfway through if the load screen is any indication.

not an actual loading screen, there's none of those. the load select screen. this is such a seamless game.

Montresor

God damn, only like 5-10 minutes in and this is already fantastic. The atmosphere and mood. The contextual animations. The lighting. The tension and suspense.

Yup it's an absolutely beautiful game. What a follow-up to Limbo.

One of the best games I've ever played in my life...

Gowans

I'm about 90mins in and had to take a breather.

This game is incredible, animations, art style, sound it's lush, and loved the last puzzle I did.

Yup it's an absolutely beautiful game. What a follow-up to Limbo.

One of the best games I've ever played in my life...
Even the opening. Like Limbo's early moments were great in a "wow this is eerie and moody" way, but this is just sustained tension from the start.

Oh, and seriously. Having us play as a kid may be kind of an easy way to make us care for the protagonist and want to keep him alive, but damn, it is effective. You feel small and weak and just barely fast enough to stay a hair's breadth ahead of the dangers around you. The stark brutality of the deaths hammer that home

JonnyKong

Just reached the
sewers
and unfortunately had to stop to go do other boring life stuff.

Really fantastic so far, the atmosphere is sensational. I've been stumped on about two puzzles so far, and I can't quite believe how stupid I was being once I figured out the solution. I dread to think how hard the late game puzzles will be!

Found three secrets/achievements so far, I'm just happy to have found one! I've probably missed loads already.

ultrazilla

oh my god

What an experience

DO NOT read ANYTHING about this game before playing it!!!

My GotY

Looks like I'm halfway through when I pulled up the load feature.

Avoid spoilers, avoid videos, just buy the game and experience it. This is one of those games that stick with you like Limbo and Journey.

Go into it knowing nothing.

Like I said, halfway through and it's game of the year material already for me.

And the sound...ambient noise....incredible. As others have mentioned, use headphones if you have them.

Giving myself a break and will try to finish the game later.

I have a theory on the ending. Would be pretty neat if I'm right.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
not reading anything here yet, but wanted to say i love this game and i was a bit iffy on limbo aside from the aesthetic. this is realy really good.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
puzzle spoiler:

trying to figure out the timing on this rotating arm and the air force blasts that one shot kills you coming from off screen. the rotating arm isn't synced up close enough to protect me from the blast while I climb the ladder, but the lever lets me pause it where I need it which would be both during the climb and moments after landing on the ground again, but I can only have one position.

Some thoughts about the first 5-10 minutes or so
Huge No Country for Old Men vibes. That scene where Brolin is being chased across the desert and then they send the dog after him was what came to mind. The sweeping headlights, the dog through the stream...it feels so oppressive.

I love how the contextual animations are almost in sync with my own thoughts; as you started being chased, I'm thinking "come on, come on, run!" and your cautious pace speeds up to a panicked sprint.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
puzzle spoiler:

trying to figure out the timing on this rotating arm and the air force blasts that one shot kills you coming from off screen. the rotating arm isn't synced up close enough to protect me from the blast while I climb the ladder, but the lever lets me pause it where I need it which would be both during the climb and moments after landing on the ground again, but I can only have one position.

pause it and resume it only to get in sync with where it'll need to be while rotating for you to climb the ladder

BlondeTuna

I normally wait for discounts due to backlog but the impressions in here are making me want to purchase now. Decisions...

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
the animations of the MC are reminding me more and more of ICO

Was thinking the exact same thing with not only his animations but the way the he looks
and the overall feeling of dread you get from playing both games. These puzzles are great

Top Bottom