• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

INSIDE Review Thread (Playdead's new game, devs of Limbo)

Maybe it's just not your cup of tea. Like The Witcher 3 for example is not for me?
I dosn't mean that it's bad or mediocre game.

That just means it's not a game for you, not that the reviews aren't genuine impressions

He never made any insinuation other than he didn't like a game that other people liked. I'm on a similar boat. I found Limbo to have an extremely interesting atmosphere, but was dreadfully boring most of the time. Still think I'll pick this up though because even with that said, I still see Limbo as a game worth playing, and really sticks out in my head as being distinct.

samred

Just curious. I just bought this because of review scores (pretty much blind) but I didn't like Limbo much. If I didn't like Limbo would that potentially stop me from liking this?

That will potentially stop you from liking this, which is a major point in my review. Mechanically, both games are similar, meaning you may find yourself bored when puzzles and basic mechanics feel a little thin or even slow the game's otherwise fantastic pacing. That being said, merely loading the experience on Twitch won't do it justice, either. Just be warned.

Damn, just watched 10 minutes of gameplay on youtube and it looks grim (in a good way).

Got Limbo on Steam but never played it, going to have to give it a go now.

Noobcraft

That will potentially stop you from liking this, which is a major point in my review. Mechanically, both games are similar, meaning you may find yourself bored when puzzles and basic mechanics feel a little thin or even slow the game's otherwise fantastic pacing. That being said, merely loading the experience on Twitch won't do it justice, either. Just be warned.
Thanks! I didn't have a problem with Limbo mechanically (It was a bit slow but that fits the atmosphere), just the story which wasn't memorable to me. From the little bit I've seen of Inside, I really want to know the context so hopefully the game delivers there.

So, it wont release a year later like Limbo did on PlayStation? Now to figure out if it's coming in a few months, or a few more months.

Is this what they've been working on since Limbo? These guys seem like they would be sought after in a purchase for an exclusive/bigger publisher. Two incredible hits and still so modest in their success.

Mdk7

Ok, bought.
A colleague of mine, who wrote the review for IGN Italy, gave the game 9.2 and told me it's something I should play, so I'm eager to get my hands on it.

So, it wont release a year later like Limbo did on PlayStation? Now to figure out if it's coming in a few months, or a few more months.

Is this what they've been working on since Limbo? These guys seem like they would be sought after in a purchase for an exclusive/bigger publisher. Two incredible hits and still so modest in their success.
Yup, they've been working on this for 6 years. Limbo also took 6 years

samred

Just curious. I just bought this because of review scores (pretty much blind) but I didn't like Limbo much. If I didn't like Limbo would that potentially stop me from liking this?

Is playing Limbo first a requirement or just a recommendation?

Not required at all. Limbo just offers the most spoiler-free comparison point: "Here's the pacing/atmosphere/mechanics you can expect." (Plus, Limbo is a pretty fine game, especially if you can nab it for cheap/free via recent Steam/XBL offers.)

NeoRaider

Gamespot gave it 8/10...

Oh i just remembered game is not available on PS4.

Edit: Kotaku

loyozjs778wkk3rwkkts.PNG

DirtyLarry

Today at midnight EST
I see what you did there.
I swore it was today at midnight yesterday making it this morning so instead it is tonight which is really tomorrow morning since I am an old fart and still fall asleep during today.
With that said, it may be a very good day to use my work from home once a week day.

Wired
Inside, like the studio’s freshman effort, is again a monochromatic, tense, haunting, side-scrolling puzzle game, but with six years of effort under its belt, Playdead now delivers a masterclass in its form

Mashable
Quiet, creeping horror makes 'Inside' an essential game for 2016

Kotaku
Top to bottom, Inside is one of the coolest games I’ve played in a long time. It’s an immaculately assembled, pitch-black joke that takes three and a half hours to tell. You gotta play it.

Vinc

It's dramatically better than Limbo in every way but particularly in puzzle/gameplay design, which is a lot more robust and involved, and in the sheer scale of the environments and scenarios.

This probably sounds hyperbolic, but Limbo seriously feels like a proof of concept or prototype next to Inside. God I am dying to see what people think about some of the insane shit in this game.

Sold.

Thank you!

Montresor

Could this end up being the game with the highest metacritic rating on XB1? Seems like it, and well deserved.

The comments are all overwhelmingly positive for this game. I usually get home at around 12:10am EDT every night after work... I've got the game preloaded so I'll fire this up as soon as I'm home!

Top Bottom