• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Insider Gaming] Ubisoft Being Pressured To Go Private As Share Prices Continue To Fall

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Political messaging instead of good games, starting with Farcry 5
My last favorite was FC5

MtZ9N.gif

yes, they did so bad with FC5, it did some of the worst numbers in the series history..../s

https://kotaku.com/far-cry-5-free-framerate-next-gen-upgrade-ps5-xbox-1850235113

but I mean, whats 20 million really...

Raven117

MtZ9N.gif

yes, they did so bad with FC5, it did some of the worst numbers in the series history..../s

https://kotaku.com/far-cry-5-free-framerate-next-gen-upgrade-ps5-xbox-1850235113

but I mean, whats 20 million really...
(I know you know this) It really wasn’t as political as some people were expecting. It was really more a commentary about cult figures. (Which I think disappointed the “woke” crowd).

What is interesting is that if you have spent anytime in Kalispel and in and around glacier National park, there is a weird(ish) too many churches vibe to the area.

But regardless of that… that soundtrack is some of the best in gaming. Every track every song sung goes to support the narrative. It should get much more love than it gets (because it’s stuck in an ubi game)

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
(I know you know this) It really wasn’t as political as some people were expecting. It was really more a commentary about cult figures. (Which I think disappointed the “woke” crowd).

What is interesting is that if you have spent anytime in Kalispel and in and around glacier National park, there is a weird(ish) too many churches vibe to the area.

But regardless of that… that soundtrack is some of the best in gaming. Every track every song sung goes to support the narrative. It should get much more love than it gets (because it’s stuck in an ubi game)

Truth.

That was an amazing game and i'd argue the only issue I had was they didn't go as far as they could have regarding that entire topic, I'd love a WACO type thing as its a cool concept and fits that area well in the United States. After playing the game, my only regret was even listening to the clowns that kept making it sound like it was "woke" or "bad" they literally acted like it was the worst game ever and it ended up being imho, the best Far Cry. I'm happy I gave it a chance and I love the music in that game. I love the setting, the gun play and I liked the wild story and only wish it went further.

I'd like Far Cry 7 or 8 to be like the sequel and its like some all out civil war in some alternate version of America, but I digress, I don't know if a lot are mature enough for that in the gaming space sadly.

Raven117

Truth.

That was an amazing game and i'd argue the only issue I had was they didn't go as far as they could have regarding that entire topic, I'd love a WACO type thing as its a cool concept and fits that area well in the United States. After playing the game, my only regret was even listening to the clowns that kept making it sound like it was "woke" or "bad" they literally acted like it was the worst game ever and it ended up being imho, the best Far Cry. I'm happy I gave it a chance and I love the music in that game. I love the setting, the gun play and I liked the wild story and only wish it went further.

I'd like Far Cry 7 or 8 to be like the sequel and its like some all out civil war in some alternate version of America, but I digress, I don't know if a lot are mature enough for that in the gaming space sadly.
Couldn’t agree more. I wish it leaned in further. That was my only disappointment. It just touched on some of these themes rather than go whole hog. I was actually left wanting more.

For the more “political” among us… the right thought it was too woke… the left thought it didn’t go woke enough… but the real point of the game was neither and a commentary on cult figures and messiahs.

The gameplay was also solid. I found it better than FC3 and FC4.

Even the loading screen (jacobs in particular) was… man it was good.

Rudius

I think there is direct correlation and they dont have to envolve extremely woke stuff in games or ugly women... but thats another thread subject.

On topic... dont care ... their games have been shit for quite some time ... peaking with gollum star wars and probably hip hop samurai.
They also put crap music in the Prince of Persia trailer, along with that stupid hair. It was enough for me to ignore it immediately.

Turns out the game is actually good, with appropriate music and the main guy is not even the prince.

If they had presented it better I would have bought it day one for full price.

Top Bottom