• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 10 |OT| Siri, you're free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang man, All my workmates are downloading, and I'm still looking at "iOs 9.3.5 Your software is up to date." Is there some trick? I tries restarting.

I'd sure love to get rid of those useless new buttons in the Messages app. Waste of space.

Yeah. Played around with it for a few minutes and I think I'm done with ever touching them. When/why the hell would I ever tap out random bubbles on a black background? Or a heart beat? Or a fireball (wtf)?

Fliesen

i am REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY liking the fact that all them stickers, digital touch drawings and all that shit is deleted after a few minutes by default.

emag

iOS 10 runs great on both my iPad Mini 2 and my iPhone SE (updated via iTunes, as usual).

That said, I'm not a fan of the new notification design. In order to take actions upon them, you have to swipe, tap "View" and then the actions finally show up in a modal dialog box. I don't really care for the larger whitespace in widgets, either, although making them accessible directly to the left of the home screen was a good decision.

cchum

Wait a second:

In music: in the songs category, shouldn't they be alphabetical by song title and not artist name?

Makes more sense that way.

Edit: Griffy is correct. Whoever likes it the other way is weird.

-griffy-

Banned
Alright, how do you get big bubbles and fireworks etc in iMessage??

Hold down on the send/arrow button and you can choose bubble effects or screen effects.

Wait a second:

In music: in the songs category, shouldn't they be alphabetical by song title and not artist name?

Makes more sense that way.

This has always been an option, hasn't it? Open the settings app, go to music, then Sort Songs & Albums and pick By Title or By Artist.

Daffy Duck

Hold down on the send/arrow button and you can choose bubble effects or screen effects.

This has always been an option, hasn't it? Open the settings app, go to music, then Sort Songs & Albums and pick By Title or By Artist.

I don't have those options.....

Edit: Oh, you have to press harder.

Sullichin

I'd sure love to get rid of those useless new buttons in the Messages app. Waste of space.

Yeah. Played around with it for a few minutes and I think I'm done with ever touching them. When/why the hell would I ever tap out random bubbles on a black background? Or a heart beat? Or a fireball (wtf)?

Same. I really, really hate the new cluttered Messages app. I can't believe there's some built in meme sender taking up space here. I will never use any of this. How the hell do I get rid of it?!?

Rodin

Updated (iPhone 6).

Please tell me there's a way to get the old emoticons back. Please. I can't even look at those... things.

empyrean

Maybe a stupid question but in Apple Music the new "for you" section has my favourites mix etc...what does subscribing to that actually do? Why would I subscribe if it's always top in my for you section?

Wow, this is the first time I've upgraded my iPhone (6S) and actually seen a boost in performance and battery usage.

Not digging the look of the new music player, though. The functionality is definitely an improvement, but the font is too big and ridiculous.

COOL

My iPhone 6+ suffers from that fucking shit where the screen just randomly stops working and it stopped accepting touch inputs as I was setting up Apple Pay after installing iOS 10 and how I can't turn the screen off to reset it and it is just fucking frozen.

THANKS APPLE THANKS

Edit: Now the screen just went black with a spinning wheel really super excited about this fucking love that they won't accept responsibility for this error and offer replacement phones

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Maybe a stupid question but in Apple Music the new "for you" section has my favourites mix etc...what does subscribing to that actually do? Why would I subscribe if it's always top in my for you section?

subscribing to it would let you do something like use siri to launch it, or it would show up in your playlists, etc It's really just the same (functionally) as any playlist. The difference is it's curated through a combination of algorithm and human specifically for you, and updated weekly. But you'd add it the same reason you would add any playlist to your library.

Fliesen

COOL

My iPhone 6+ suffers from that fucking shit where the screen just randomly stops working and it stopped accepting touch inputs as I was setting up Apple Pay after installing iOS 10 and how I can't turn the screen off to reset it and it is just fucking frozen.

THANKS APPLE THANKS

Edit: Now the screen just went black with a spinning wheel really super excited about this fucking love that they won't accept responsibility for this error and offer replacement phones

what the what now?

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Still can't delete them. Only hide them
I dont get why, if they're only being hidden, you can't hide some odd choices like Health or Wallet or even Camera (I mean it's already accessible from two other locations.)

I have a 16GB phone (Yes I know how stupid that is). How much space free do I need for the update?
iOS will now (Since 9) delete apps to make space to install, and then put them back when done. So you'll actually gain space in the end if iOS 10 is smaller.

Did the macOS Sierra betas have similar iMessage functions as iOS 10?

The effects don't work, you get a subtle text reminder of what the effect was. Also; stickers work (only receive), You can right-click to tapback. You can receive digital touch.

I thought throughout the betas that iMessage was gonna be a killer app. Now I'm even more convinced. The App ecosystem they're gonna build is amazing.

icespide

Banned
The effects don't work, you get a subtle text reminder of what the effect was. Also; stickers work (only receive), You can right-click to tapback. You can receive digital touch.

I thought throughout the betas that iMessage was gonna be a killer app. Now I'm even more convinced. The App ecosystem they're gonna build is amazing.

(sent with Lasers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom