• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 10 |OT| Siri, you're free

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What happens to all the fireworks, stickers and other crap if you send it to someone without an iPhone? Or you send it to your wife who has an iPad that can receive them, and an android phone which can't.

Do they get removed and sent as text messages, or sent as super expensive picture messages?

Edit: shit. Was just playing with the digital touch stuff and tying to make a fireball (force touch it seems) and even without pressing 'send' I've now sent three MMS messages to my wife. So that's £1.50 on my next phone bill :(

There needs to be an option to not send as MMS - send it to the iPad but not phone.

Except invisible ink that works! And it's a lot of fun. It's more of a drag on system resources though.

What happens to all the fireworks, stickers and other crap if you send it to someone without an iPhone? Or you send it to your wife who has an iPad that can receive them, and an android phone which can't.

Do they get removed and sent as text messages, or sent as super expensive picture messages?

It sends another message like this:

(Sent with Lasers)

right below the text you sent.

Enco

- New widgets are awesome
- Notifications centre is cool
- Fuk the new iMessages button and tiny text box
- New animations are nice
- Touch ID seems a bit faster. Been kinda rubbish for the past few months

Is it just me or is there more space on the edges of the screen?

FerranMG

Did they remove the 3d touch shortcut on Safari?
The one were you force pressed the icon and it offered a shortcut to a new tab?

Edit: oh, there it is now. I tried it right after updating and it didn't work the first 10 or 15 times.

Mandelbo

Also, how do I make it so I don't need to press the home button on the lock screen to open the phone? I just want it to unlock once it recognises my fingerprint.

Vashetti

Banned
Also, how do I make it so I don't need to press the home button on the lock screen to open the phone? I just want it to unlock once it recognises my fingerprint.

Rest-Finger-to-Unlock.jpg

CHC

Music app is absolute trash already, sucks to see it get worse. About 30% it opens to a blank white screen when I have no internet, forcing my to restart the entire phone. And the design is completely cramped and overcrowded as is, bigger text will be a nightmare.

RichyMtl

Neo Member
Damn, the update is there and I have to wait tomorrow cause in the hotel I'm staying they don't provide enough data daily for the update! :(

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly feels like the music app isn't scaled to fit the plus size phones!! Weird everything is big and cramped.

cchum

They also didn't fix the safari bug that I mentioned.

Open a couple of tabs and make neogaf near the bottom....you won't be able to see the bottom of the page

DrEvil

not a medical professional
Any way to remove the portrait / initials from the top bar in iMessage? I'd rather just see their name instead of wasting all that space.

Rainy

Banned
It feels really snappy and responsive to me when compared to iOS9. Looks pretty nice too, well except for the Music app.

Sickbean

Great, can't update via iTunes either because there's not enough space on my mac to do a backup.

Where the hell do I go from here??

Zoibie

RIP album art colour schemes :(

Super disappointed with that new music app, why is everything so huge? I'm sure I'll get used to it but I loved how it was before.

KingKong

RIP album art colour schemes :(

Super disappointed with that new music app, why is everything so huge? I'm sure I'll get used to it but I loved how it was before.

yea this is how I feel, though I am getting used to it

I do like how much quicker everything feels to open and close now

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, the new now playing screen can't even display the entire song title without scrolling on a 6+... thats probably not the greatest decision.

Rodin

Battery drain is absolutely insane. I charged the phone less than two hours ago and i'm at 52% now. I even had dinner in the mean time.

Battery drain is absolutely insane. I charged the phone less than two hours ago and i'm at 52% now. I even had dinner in the mean time.

Not abnormal when you just update. iOS is probably reindexing your stuff. Battery life will go back to normal and better after a few hours / days. It's literally going through your photo collection to do object recognition.

Aight, time to install this and see how much slower my 5C can go. Thank god a 7 is on the way at some point in the next few weeks. Nothing will ever compare to how god awful slow my 3GS was after updating right before getting a 4S. It could have qualified as bricking my phone they made it so slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom