• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 10 |OT| Siri, you're free

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 6s+. Wondering if I should give this a go when I get home. I am hearing good things about performance when the update applies but don't want to brick my phone.

You can't do the effects if you don't have force touch?

Tap-on-Screen-in-Messages-App-in-iOS-10-on-iPhone.jpg

emag

Friend said its fucking people's phones? Is that true?

The OTA upgrade didn't download correctly for some users (possibly due to server load) for a short period of time earlier today. The issue's been resolved (and never was an issue if using iTunes to upgrade).

Ambitious

Notification Center doesn't remember the page you last used. It always defaults to the notification list. That's annoying as hell.

Jonm1010

Banned
Well this is some bullshit.

My home button hasn't worked in some time so I was using that on-screen icon as a replacement.

Needless to say I just updated my phone and in order to continue I need to hit the home button. Fuck.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Putting stickers on photos - you have to post the photo and then put a sticker on it, and get it right first time as you can't seem to move/rotate after placing it?

Fliesen

Any way to change the key/header picture of a "person" in the "people" album?

quoting myself if anyone wonders:

you need to: hit 'select' in the top right corner, then hit the share button - then you'll see "make key photo"

you don't get that option when you first tap the picture and hit the share button. Gotta do that "select" thing first.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
you guys and your Music complaints......

Decent looking Music app that's laid out horribly, unintuitive, and clunky

"off looking" Music app that laid out logically, intuitive, and behaves fluidly..

get over the big font.. at least the app actually behaves in an expected and relatively seamless manner now.

Personally I'm loving the new music app. I unchecked everything except playlists and albums and now everything is streamlined as fuuuuuuck. Love it.

Ambitious

Is there no way to mark emails as read in Notification Center (on a device without 3D Touch)? Swiping the notification to the left only shows me "Show" and "Delete" buttons.
Speaking of which: The lack of color coding (e.g. red background for the Delete button) is a real regression in usability. Probably Ive's work. But hey, at least it's fucking minimal, right?

One thing that would make the app much better, is if you can click on the artists name and just go to their discography.

The artist name used to be pink on past betas and I thought they would add that in.

Deku Tree

Is there no way to mark emails as read in Notification Center (on a device without 3D Touch)? Swiping the notification to the left only shows me "Show" and "Delete" buttons.
Speaking of which: The lack of color coding (e.g. red background for the Delete button) is a real regression in usability. Probably Ive's work. But hey, at least it's fucking minimal, right?

IDK but "long press" often replaces "3D touch hard press" on older devices. Have you tried that?

Roo

If your home button is not working, like mine, you will no longer have a phone.

Man, sorry to hear that.
Ever since my old iPod Touch's home button stopped working I've been rocking Assistive Touch to prevent using the home button (on my phones) as much as I can.

Obviously I use it for Touch ID/Unlock my phone but thankfully I don't have to press it.

samn

Just bought a set of £20 Bluetooth earphones.

Does anyone know if iOS has a 'time-out' where if nothing has played for 30 mins or so it disconnects from the earphones and lets them switch off? Or do I have to turn the earphones off each time I'm done using them?

So I tried to delete apple default app but you can't detele all of them.
I thought you could :O
Health is not delete-able also find my iphone is not some more as well.

Mandelbo

Clicking "view" should show you all available actions for that notification - at least, that's how it works on all the notifications I've tried.

Jonm1010

Banned
Man, sorry to hear that.
Ever since my old iPod Touch's home button stopped working I've been rocking Assistive Touch to prevent using the home button (on my phones) as much as I can.

Obviously I use it for Touch ID/Unlock my phone but thankfully I don't have to press it.

Thats what I was doing too.

Unfortunately the first prompt after updating to IOS10 is to "press home to upgrade" on a completely white screen and the assistive touch icon is gone.

And since i can't access my phone from my mac because they want me to put in my password, I have a phone that no longer works :/

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
So I tried to delete apple default app but you can't detele all of them.
I thought you could :O
Health is not delete-able also find my iphone is not some more as well.
I think Find My Phone is tied to the On/Off switch in your iCloud accounts settings. Health, I dunno.

Bilix

My girlfriend says she's not seeing any of the new animations and effects that I send and she's able to send them to me. I'm on 6 and she's on a 6+. Can't think of why it's not working for her. She doesn't have reduced motion turned on. Any ideas?

The Music app grows on your quite a bit. Give it time

Agreed. I hated it on beta 1. Now I like it quite a bit. One thing that took me a while to figure out was that they hid the (...) menu on songs, etc in a force touch menu.

I also wished there was an easy way to just play a genre.

Is there a way to get slide to unlock back?

Give it a few days. You'll get used to it and it's much better. Also, give a few days to get used to "raise to wake" if your phone supports it.

One thing that would make the app much better, is if you can click on the artists name and just go to their discography.

The artist name used to be pink on past betas and I thought they would add that in.
I just tried this and it took me to the band's page (top songs, albums, playlists, band info.) Maybe it doesn't work for all bands?

I think Find My Phone is tied to the On/Off switch in your iCloud accounts settings. Health, I dunno.
I'm leaving that one in because I have no problem with that app but just weird you can't just delete it.
Just want to create as much space on my phone as possible specially with apps that I never use anyway.

Ambitious

"off looking" Music app that laid out logically, intuitive, and behaves fluidly..

get over the big font.. at least the app actually behaves in an expected and relatively seamless manner now.

Nah, thanks. I'll stick with Cesium.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
What are the 'rules' for stickers? Sometimes you can put them seemingly anywhere, sometimes not.

And do doodles disappear after a while?

You're both crazy.

What happens to star ratings? Why are we stuck with just hearts now?

I noticed in an older iTunes that you couldn't get rid of the heart column, guess I should have seen this coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom