• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 10 |OT| Siri, you're free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fliesen

have you guys gotten your watch to go to OS3?

installing as we speak.
GqccFxb.jpg

muteki

Still can't stand it when music apps refer back to a database to find pictures of artists instead of the readily available album art. Lots of empty artists.

What does the new Home app replace? I have 1 extra space on my devices and the new Home app and we can't recall what had been in that space before.....

dock

How it iOS 10 on iPhone 5S?

I'm getting the iPhone 7 on Friday, so I'll be passing my 5S onto my GF.

Should I update to iOS 10 now? Will that make it smoother to transfer my stuff over to the iPhone 7?

Haven't really found a best new feature yet, but i do like how easy it is to get to the camera from the lock screen. Swipe right instead of choosing the icon at the bottom as it was before.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Nah, thanks. I'll stick with Cesium.
Yeah because that would work great with my streaming service subscription....
You're both crazy.

What happens to star ratings? Why are we stuck with just hearts now?

I noticed in an older iTunes that you couldn't get rid of the heart column, guess I should have seen this coming.
The loss of stars sucks. However it's only iOS. They're still in iTunes and can still be used/accessed from smart playlists.

mr.beers

I downloaded iOS10 OTA during the time that it was corrupt for other users can I delete it somehow or will I have to take my chances and install?

6+ Btw

Ambitious

My weather and calendar widgets (Forecast+ and Agenda+, same developer) look a bit out of place now, especially the latter. But the developers seem to have abandoned their apps a long time ago, so it's time to find replacements. Any suggestions?

For the weather widget, I'm looking for something clean and minimal that shows the current temperature, the low and high for the current day, and a forecast for the next few days. A 24h forecast would be nice too. Forecast+ is pretty much perfect:

img_4416opleuj5zdq.jpg

For the calendar widget, all I need is a compact list of the events for the next few days, though the number of days should be customizable. Again, Agenda+ is almost perfect:

img_01157es8we0zyb.jpg

(Not my screenshot - I've disabled the Reminders list on my devices)

Future

You're both crazy.

What happens to star ratings? Why are we stuck with just hearts now?

I noticed in an older iTunes that you couldn't get rid of the heart column, guess I should have seen this coming.

Wtf there are no stars

I use these stars on a daily basis to rate shit on the go that later gets auto downloaded to my smart 3 star and up playlist. I've been doing this probably for 10 years since the iPod. It's one of the reasons I've stuck with Apple since I've been maintaining a library with lots of ratings for all my music

Wow if true

-griffy-

Banned
My weather and calendar widgets (Forecast+ and Agenda+, same developer) look a bit out of place now, especially the latter. But the developers seem to have abandoned their apps a long time ago, so it's time to find replacements. Any suggestions?

For the weather widget, I'm looking for something clean and minimal that shows the current temperature, the low and high for the current day, and a forecast for the next few days. A 24h forecast would be nice too. Forecast+ is pretty much perfect:

Dark Sky just updated for iOS 10, here's what their widget gives you:
3tU8XUj.jpg

Then when you click Show More:
uH7Z6MD.jpg

(that graph is showing precipitation, but there isn't any here right now)

It's become my go to weather app. It's a paid app, and the radar isn't great, but the way it presents the forecast is exactly what I was looking for.

empyrean

Is iCloud music not working for anyone else? The ota updated vorked my phone so had to restore and since then haven't been able to enable iCloud music.

anybody get voicemails transcribed feature to work? Not working on my iPhone with Tmobile

I've had it work on tmobile during beta, it happened automatically when I received a new voicemail. It was OK, got a lot wrong but I understood the gist of the message

3tU8XUj.jpg

uH7Z6MD.jpg

It's become my go to weather app. It's a paid app, and the radar isn't great, but the way it presents the forecast is exactly what I was looking for.

I actually deleted Dark Sky now that CARROT⁵ does precipitation notifications. I preferred the Carrot app by far, especially their Apple Watch offerings, and with that final feature I'm satisfied

Yeah because that would work great with my streaming service subscription....

The loss of stars sucks. However it's only iOS. They're still in iTunes and can still be used/accessed from smart playlists.
Well, sure. But I don't carry my desktop around with me. Speaking of:
Wtf there are no stars

I use these stars on a daily basis to rate shit on the go that later gets auto downloaded to my smart 3 star and up playlist. I've been doing this probably for 10 years since the iPod. It's one of the reasons I've stuck with Apple since I've been maintaining a library with lots of ratings for all my music

Wow if true
Exactly this. I rate music as I listen to it. Hard to do that when I listen to music on my desktop probably 1% of the time, if that.

Jonogunn

What bugs me about every update is u notice that split second lag in certain things u do and end up like swiping the notification Centre down but doesn't because the phone is still loading it. Forces me to be slower with my actions.

jelly

How it iOS 10 on iPhone 5S?

I'm getting the iPhone 7 on Friday, so I'll be passing my 5S onto my GF.

Should I update to iOS 10 now? Will that make it smoother to transfer my stuff over to the iPhone 7?

Downside, for older phones it will probably be a hit on performance, you wont have all features.

Upside, a ton of useful features and it doesnt explode.

Seems like it fairs quite well.

http://arstechnica.co.uk/apple/2016/09/ios-10-iphone-5-iphone-5c/

Is there any app with a good radar? Every single one takes forever to load, and then the time periods shown are always bizarre (Either hours ago to present, or like one hour ago to 2 hours from now).

Dark Sky is my favorite, but I also like AerisPulse a lot, and I just got Fresh Air which is another great one. I also got the weather underground app, and I hate that one. I know people like their website, but I don't like how the info in the app is laid out.

Is there any way to undo the darkened/dimmed wallpapers?

Kinda ruins things.

No, I submitted it as a bug report during the beta, it's intentional and no way to change it.

Ambitious

3tU8XUj.jpg

uH7Z6MD.jpg

Seems to be available only in the US App Store for some reason.
Is it possible to hide the precipitation (in the expanded view)?

-griffy-

Banned
Seems to be available only in the US App Store for some reason.
Is it possible to hide the precipitation (in the expanded view)?

I can't see a way to hide it, but it seems the update kind of broke the settings page inside the app so I'm not sure if there's a toggle there or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom