• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iOS 10 |OT| Siri, you're free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oli

Finally got my SE install fixed.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but can you get rid of the option on messages to send the heartbeat/tapping thing? I'll never use it and I don't want the button.

Riddler

Ok sending partner a IMessage to get groceries followed by "Just do it" GIF was worth the upgrade.

Hope this doesn't cause accidents.

Noema

Any impressions from people running the original iPhone 5?

According to ArsTechnica and Anandtech, it runs well:

iOS 10 is a pleasant surprise for the iPhone 5 and 5C

It brings stability and smoothness to a level that I haven't seen on iOS since long ago with iOS 6 on the iPhone 5. Users of older and newer iOS devices alike will enjoy iOS 10

I'm assuming this means that it runs OK on the iPad 4 since they share similar internals (A6 on the phones; A6X on the iPad), but then again the iPad has to push more than 4X as many pixels as an iPhone 5 so who knows.

Gamespawn

Ah that was it.

Final question (I feel like an old guy asking his son how his phone works): Can I turn off that I actually have to click on the home button? I just want it to open on touch.

yeah. in settings, general, accessibility theres an option called home button. make sure rest finger to open is on.

Pachimari

Did they do anything to the multi-tasking on iPad? Like when you slide in and get the list of apps, can I customize that selection of app or sort it in iOS 10?

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason

It brings stability and smoothness to a level that I haven't seen on iOS since long ago with iOS 6 on the iPhone 5. Users of older and newer iOS devices alike will enjoy iOS 10

I'm assuming this means that it runs OK on the iPad 4 since they share similar internals (A6 on the phones; A6X on the iPad), but then again the iPad has to push more than 4X as many pixels as an iPhone 5 so who knows.

Runs surprisingly smooth actually!

Man this new lock screen will take getting used to. So there's no way to go back to swiping?

Well, looks like I'll have to jump on, then.

Okay, so my 5S is being a bit weird. It downloads the update, installs it and switches off. I see the Apple logo and nothing happens but then when I boot it up manually the update isn't installed and needs to be redownloaded.

Any fixes to this?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
This shit is straight garbage.

My iPhone 6 is slow, especially when I close an app by pressing the home button. The fact that I have to click the home button to unlock my phone is also fucking stupid. I want to swipe or just use the touch id to have it open. Why do I have to press the most fragile button on the entire phone much more now?.
You should enable "Rest Finger to Open" in the settings to remove the requirement to press down the home button. It's in Accessibility > Home Button.

Laekon

I want to find this out before updating. My iPad 4 works fine and I don't see the update adding much but it's always nice.

Read about the update problems just before i downloaded so missed the bug

However my phone is running really hot for some reason, even just when I'm web browsing or watching YouTube

I'm on a 6s, phone rarely ever heated up, it's just pretty much constantly warm to the touch now

Anyone else had this? I'm wondering if there are background processes that were reset that i had turned off before

FStop7

Banned
iOS 10 seems to be slightly faster than iOS 9 on my iPhone 6.

I would get slight hitches in the icon and folder animations, especially right after unlocking. That's all gone. Mail spends a lot less time at "Connecting" when updating my various email accounts, too.

icespide

Banned
noticed today that they changed the vibration when you flip the mute switch on to the haptic vibration from 3d touch instead of the usual normal vibration. makes me always think I just got an email as I flip the switch

Tobor

I see people complaining about the new music app, it looks great to me at first glance. I love the new personalized playlists in For You.

The Mule

Phone is hot as hell now after installing? This can't be normal?

It just downloaded a large file and then uncompressed and installed the contents of that file. Your phone has been working hard, just like if you were watching a HD video. Totally normal.

If your phone blows up; not my fault.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
It just downloaded a large file and then uncompressed and installed the contents of that file. Your phone has been working hard, just like if you were watching a HD video. Totally normal.

If your phone blows up; not my fault.
It'll also be indexing photos contacts messages etc for like a day straight afterwards so it's pretty normal, plus battery draining should be expected.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I see people complaining about the new music app, it looks great to me at first glance. I love the new personalized playlists in For You.
Most of it seems like a gigantic improvement but on the larger size phone it feels like it's scaled improperly. Everything is too big. Quite strange. Already found some good jams I wouldn't have seen without the new recommendation feeds.

Nemic77

Uh.. Thought the OTA problem had been fixed. Just got home and right at the end of the install process on my 6s the screen is showing a connect to iTunes image.

iTunes then said that it wasn't possible to update and to restore, but after clicking update again it now shows as downloading.

Another thing is iTunes is showing 2 iPhones connected with the same serial number...

subrock

can anyone think of the reason why my friend can send me message effects, bubble effect, and reactions, but I can't send them to her? she can even see the effect when she sends it on her end. Confirmed that reduce motion is off.

mrkgoo

Any impressions from people running the original iPhone 5?

I've got an iPhone 5 and have installed iOS 10 earlier.

It's not super smooth, a few little bits of stutter, but nothing big. I was hesitant to update to iOS10, because eI was so happy with where i was with iOS9, and knowing my phone is older and at the limits. But I'm a die hard apple guy, and I really want watchOS3, so I figured hey, may as well.

It runs fine for me. some things are awkward without force touch and touch ID, for example, waking phone by pressing home a second time will take some getting used to having swiped to unlock for the longest time.

discoverability in iOS is getting a little weak, but that's temporary. I really like the design and styling of notification boxes and things.

overall, with my short time, it seems to run well enough.

One thing I'm super happy about is being able to "delete" stock apps - for the longest time, my podcast app has been accumulating some cache. This can be cleared by restoring, but that's a pain. it was over 1 GB of cache data. now that I'm able to "delete" the app, I can delete and reinstall and clear that space up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom